Author Topic: TV5 : Shakin' the TV Landscape  (Read 7869 times)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TV5 : Shakin' the TV Landscape
« Reply #60 on: Oct 12, 2008 at 01:16 PM »

yup abangan mo, we just did a press con yesterday for Phil Scariest and Joy attended to retell her story...  ;)

Marl, is it possible for PSC be moved to later slot eventually? I think the show will be more effective if it's aired on a late night. As for the host, Jomari will have the full grasp of the show if he is the one who's on location with the challengers. Just my thoughts.

By the way, I was able to watch KERYGMA TV this early morning at your station. I used to watch the half-show 'show' back when the station was ABC-5. I even attended Bro. Bo's seminars in Philsports. Is there a replay? I'm a late sleeper kasi hehe. I used to watch it every Tuesday at 4pm before. I'm glad KERYGMA TV is on your station.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #61 on: Oct 12, 2008 at 03:04 PM »
ako naman i work late so i would love a replay of the local shows at midnight instead of the telenovelas.

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #62 on: Oct 12, 2008 at 09:56 PM »

Marl, is it possible for PSC be moved to later slot eventually? I think the show will be more effective if it's aired on a late night. As for the host, Jomari will have the full grasp of the show if he is the one who's on location with the challengers. Just my thoughts.

By the way, I was able to watch KERYGMA TV this early morning at your station. I used to watch the half-show 'show' back when the station was ABC-5. I even attended Bro. Bo's seminars in Philsports. Is there a replay? I'm a late sleeper kasi hehe. I used to watch it every Tuesday at 4pm before. I'm glad KERYGMA TV is on your station.

noted sir, we'll try to take that into consideration as we finalize the new program grid.  ;)  Many thanks for the inputs!

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Oct 12, 2008 at 10:00 PM »
ako naman i work late so i would love a replay of the local shows at midnight instead of the telenovelas.

Excellent, you are our target market then.  We're trying to get the progressive pinoys, those who have regular 9-5 jobs, come home and want to sink their teeth into something entertaining ang light.  The programs on the fringe (outside of primetime block) is still experimental for us.  We're tweaking it and what you mentioned is a key factor we're considering in tweaking the grid.  We do have 'catch-up' TV during the weekends as well but will see what we can do with the midnight slot.

Thanks for dropping by, hope you continue to check out our new shows!  ;D

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 12:54 AM »
Two months na pala 'to. Just saw this thread and checked on the broadcast.
Caught Cashmere Mafia & Lucy's dance show.

Wow! Big improvement on the reception. Congratulations!!!
Looking forward to other new shows. :D

BTW, is the station under new ownership or management? Curious lang...  ;)
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 01:35 AM »
Two months na pala 'to. Just saw this thread and checked on the broadcast.
Caught Cashmere Mafia & Lucy's dance show.

Wow! Big improvement on the reception. Congratulations!!!
Looking forward to other new shows. :D

BTW, is the station under new ownership or management? Curious lang...  ;)

hi ruth2art, superb thanks for checking us out.  Cashmere is an excellent series but 'limited' episodes only so better get your fix the coming weeks.  Lucy is one of the 'household' names since ABC5 days.

speaking of, ABC5 the brand is already dead but ABC (Associated Broadcasting Company) still exists.  TV5 is actually a joint-venture between ABC and Primedia (whose mother company is from Malaysia).  They're the biggest network in Malaysia, it's like 2 & 7 combined.  That's where we're getting the financial muscle to compete down here.  ;)

Please do continue to check out the other shows - we've got lots of new things up our sleeve, just wanna make sure viewers have a choice. Hard if it's only a duopoly, viewers are restrained.  We're here to shake the TV landscape... so if you're a free TV person, bout time na i- SHAKE MO TV MO!  Ciao!  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2008 at 01:38 AM by Marl_1 »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 07:52 PM »
Cashmere is an excellent series but 'limited' episodes only so better get your fix the coming weeks.

Yes, it only runs for about 7 episodes. One of the unfortunate ones to get cancelled in the US when it wasn't given a chance to prove itself. It was compared of course to the very successful SEX & THE CITY. But this show ain't the latter. Nor it is LIPSTICK JUNGLE, too.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 09:30 PM »

Quite an episode earlier in PHILIPPINES' SCARIEST CHALLENGE with three of the so-called 'hunky' guys (Paolo Paraiso, Bruce Quebral a.k.a. Mr. Wendy Valdez and Allen Dizon) scared sh*t in their challenge. Two of them sort-of 'scream' like queens. ;D I gather that next week is your Halloween episode with Joyce Jimenez as one of the challengers Marl_1. The location is no less than Baguio as I saw in the preview. Looking forward to that next Friday. ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2008 at 09:31 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 08:19 PM »
        Quite an episode earlier in PHILIPPINES' SCARIEST CHALLENGE with three of the so-called 'hunky' guys (Paolo Paraiso, Bruce Quebral a.k.a. Mr. Wendy Valdez and Allen Dizon) scared sh*t in their challenge. Two of them sort-of 'scream' like queens. ;D I gather that next week is your Halloween episode with Joyce Jimenez as one of the challengers Marl_1. The location is no less than Baguio as I saw in the preview. Looking forward to that next Friday. ;)

Haha, glad you enjoyed the 'hunks' ep.  ;D  Feel the girls are more brave in some respect...  ;)
Yes the controversial Baguio ep where Joyce came from before the car mishap, is coming up...  ;)
Tune in!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 08:30 PM »
hehe, kelan ang exclusive pdvd tv5 studio tour?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 08:38 PM »
hehe, kelan ang exclusive pdvd tv5 studio tour?  ;D ;D ;D

hi bro aynas, hehe... lapit na! shake nyo muna TV nyo!  ;D

Offline Krazyfu_tangerine

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Pchan, oink oink!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #71 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 08:42 PM »
sir maybe we can have japanese game shows on tv5. its really funny. too bad no one has brought those in  yet.

great idea on bringging in water boys i loved the movie, the tv series was great, :)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 08:43 PM »
hi bro aynas, hehe... lapit na! shake nyo muna TV nyo!  ;D

ayos!  ;D

shaking na sir marl!

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 09:40 PM »
sir maybe we can have japanese game shows on tv5. its really funny. too bad no one has brought those in  yet.

great idea on bringging in water boys i loved the movie, the tv series was great, :)

Hey hang-on bud, we've got some of that hilarious stuff in our next wave of program launches.  Stay tuned - happening in mid-November.

Glad you liked Waterboys, still checking out the next seasons...  ;)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 09:42 PM »
ayos!  ;D

shaking na sir marl!

Excellent bro! Yan ang kailangan natin to build more momentum, knock-down more 'success' areas, and re-invest to give more options to the viewers!  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 05:00 AM »
           Last Friday's PHILIPPINES' SCARIEST CHALLENGE is better than its previous episodes not because it has Joyce Jimenez as one of the challengers ;D but because the show chose to have their Halloween episode be shot in one of the notorious haunted places in our country. Specifically, the Teacher's Camp in Baguio. Quite a jolt for the viewers seeing/hearing what could be an angry spirit when Cesca is interviewing Princess Lara Quigaman before she proceeded to take the challenge.

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2008 at 02:03 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 12:54 PM »
Let's BUMP this...

Quote from brader JAQY888 on another thread:
Pareng Jasper ..... Congratz sa pag-angat ng TV5 sa 3rd place ng network race !!! ;D ;D ;D

pero pare ko, mas gwapo ka pa rin a personal ..... hehehehe  :D :D :-* :-* ;D ;D

ARTICLE HERE ..... 

TV5 happy to place 3rd in network race ...... :D :D :D

CONGRATS ON A JOB WELL DONE,  brader Marl_1!!!

Any previews for 2009? :D
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 03:52 PM »
pansin ko lang, our tv is now tuned more on TV5, congrats!

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2617
« Reply #78 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 06:54 PM »

pansin ko din mas maraming movies palabas sa tv5 compared sa ch2 n ch7 na tuwing sunday lang meron tapos puro luma pa ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 08:48 PM »
Let's BUMP this...

Quote from brader JAQY888 on another thread:
CONGRATS ON A JOB WELL DONE,  brader Marl_1!!!

Any previews for 2009? :D

hey thanks bro!  steady lang - dami tayong new stuff in the pipeline.  hope with all your support we get to continue the momentum this year!  cheers!  ;)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 08:51 PM »

hi bro Jo - nakakataba naman ng puso yang statement mo bro! many thanks for trying us out and tuning in. Cheers buddy!

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 08:53 PM »
pansin ko din mas maraming movies palabas sa tv5 compared sa ch2 n ch7 na tuwing sunday lang meron tapos puro luma pa ;D

5Max Movies is at 9pm mga bro - 7 days a week! A new movie each night just for variety!

Stay tuned for a number of Philippine 1st screenings of your fave blockbuster movies starting Feb!  Hope you guys enjoy the run!  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2009 at 08:57 PM by Marl_1 »

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #82 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM »
mr. marl, i got to view the replay of lipgloss late friday and the saturday evening episode...ok sana ang concept but the kids need acting workshops! and some parts of the script made me cringe...my sister also questions some of the casting, especially the boys. they're supposed to be rich kids but they don't look rich. yung isa daw (guy who's trying to catch the teacher and his ex's affair on his cellphone)parang walang pera para sa dermatologist.

meanwhile...pls. take these kids' comments with a grain of salt...
http://www.peyups.com/posts.khtml?mode=viewtopic&topic=36217&forum=21&start=0

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 01:05 AM »
5Max Movies is at 9pm mga bro - 7 days a week! A new movie each night just for variety!

Stay tuned for a number of Philippine 1st screenings of your fave blockbuster movies starting Feb!  Hope you guys enjoy the run!  ;)

I was really surprised by some of the Hollywood movies being shown on TV-5. Very impressive. Some movies may take some time to be shown on 2 and 7. Good news for movie buffs without cables.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 07:50 AM »
          I was really surprised by some of the Hollywood movies being shown on TV-5. Very impressive. Some movies may take some time to be shown on 2 and 7. Good news for movie buffs without cables.

+1 here, and in original english language NOT in tagalog like what abs and gma is doing ;D

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:59 PM »
+1 here, and in original english language NOT in tagalog like what abs and gma is doing ;D

Appreciate their intention but there's such a thing as too much. It's no longer fun watching a hollywood/foreign movie in tagalog. We have a plethora of that in asianovelas!

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM »
Di na rin ako gaanong nanonood ng movies sa dvd ngayon. Sa TV 5 na lang ako nanonood ng movies.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM by ramsey »

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM »
mr. marl, i got to view the replay of lipgloss late friday and the saturday evening episode...ok sana ang concept but the kids need acting workshops! and some parts of the script made me cringe...my sister also questions some of the casting, especially the boys. they're supposed to be rich kids but they don't look rich. yung isa daw (guy who's trying to catch the teacher and his ex's affair on his cellphone)parang walang pera para sa dermatologist.

meanwhile...pls. take these kids' comments with a grain of salt...
http://www.peyups.com/posts.khtml?mode=viewtopic&topic=36217&forum=21&start=0

thanks for the comments - all feedback is noted and welcome.  you know what, the rating of lipgloss is growing exponentially each week.  secret of its success?  all the talk around the show in blogs and chatrooms, whether positive or negative.  I have come across some 'negative' comments myself but what amazes me is that these people still tune in every week to check it out.  ;)  any publicity, good or bad - really works well to get more eyeballs on the show.  I just want to thank all these viewers for the +/- feedback cause it keeps interest in the show alive.  thanks again for checking us out.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM by Marl_1 »

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM »

Appreciate their intention but there's such a thing as too much. It's no longer fun watching a hollywood/foreign movie in tagalog. We have a plethora of that in asianovelas!

Many thanks for your kind words.  We do strive to do new things and give viewers more choices in entertainment.  Regards.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM »

another thing is the time the movies are shown. at abs and gma usually it's close to midnight whereas at tv5 it's shown at primetime ;D