Author Topic: I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Jeannie's Bottle Packaging)  (Read 815 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Interesting packaging gimmick:

Barbara Eden & Larry Hagman Uncork All the Magic!

I DREAM OF JEANNIE:
THE COMPLETE SERIES

20-Disc Box Set Features 139 Fanciful Episodes
on DVD November 4

Culver City, Calif. (August 25, 2008) – I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series, starring Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman in one of the most beloved sitcoms in television history, comes to DVD in collectible bottle packaging November 4 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This collector’s set also includes episode cards with trivia from each season. The 20-disc box set features the romantic magic of all 139 episodes and will be available for $174.95 SRP.

Eden (TV’s “Harper Valley PTA”) starred in her career-defining title role with Hagman (TV’s “Dallas”) who played the hapless Major Tony Nelson. The heady chemistry and deft comic timing of the adorably mismatched couple was made even more successful by series’ talented regulars Bill Daily (TV’s “The Bob Newhart Show”) as Tony’s best friend and secret-keeper, Major Roger Healey; Hayden Rorke (The Unsinkable Molly Brown) as nosey Dr. Bellows; and Emmaline Henry (Rosemary’s Baby) as his wife, Amanda Bellows.

Inspired by other supernatural shows of the time (particularly “Bewitched”), I Dream of Jeannie began its five-season run on September 18, 1965. Created by best-selling author Sidney Sheldon, the series cleverly blended romantic and slapstick comedy with outstanding special effects, making it an immediate success. I Dream of Jeannie enjoyed renewed popularity when it went into syndication during the 1970s; and, to this day, Eden and Hagman’s good-natured, high-spirited antics continue to attract new generations of fans.

DVD Special Features Include:
Digitally Remastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese
Closed Captioned

BROADCAST YEAR: 1965-1969

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series has a run time of approximately 3138 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at Welcome to SPHE Connect. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at Sony Pictures.

DVD Catalog # 26302
UPC Code: 0-43396-26302-4
Order Date: 10/2/08
SRP: $174.95
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2008 at 10:53 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...