Author Topic: Video Rental Business  (Read 8013 times)

Offline frankism

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Video Rental Business
« on: Aug 27, 2008 at 03:41 PM »
Sa mga owner or sa mga may idea how to set up a video rental business, need info for the following:
- Need OMB licence or DTI lang?
- Supplier contact number
- Other requirements
Thanks and mabuhay,
Frank  :)
frankism '77

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Video Rental Business
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2008 at 04:49 PM »
Yup you need the OMB and the DTI.
As for suppliers, the OMB will provide you with authorized dealers here in the Philippines where you are going to source your videos.

Actually a few years back i inquired on starting a business like this but then i decided not to go with it.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2008 at 06:57 PM »
Yup you need the OMB and the DTI.
As for suppliers, the OMB will provide you with authorized dealers here in the Philippines where you are going to source your videos.

Actually a few years back i inquired on starting a business like this but then i decided not to go with it.

I also did the same. Did not push thru due to the registration fees and high taxes plus competing with piracy. I find this not that profitable anymore unlike the VHS/Beta days.

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2008 at 07:14 PM »
I agree.  Only a few folks rent movies because of the proliferation of pirated dvds.   ::)

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2008 at 09:47 PM »
Agree too. Business will be at the mercy of Jack Sparrow - for DVDs. But maybe you can put your hopes into BDs... yun eh, kung lumaki na rin ang base ng users/adopters.

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2008 at 04:48 PM »
I'd like to ask if this is the same for video games... do I still need omb license if I plan on setting up a PS3 and Xbox360 rental, parang internet cafe... I'd like to ask if they can also provide me suppliers for this.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2008 at 05:00 PM by DevilHands »

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 11:34 AM »
this is actually a business i'm contemplating on opening. siguro pang enthusiasts. your titles should be not the new blockbuster releases. mga rare asian dvds, foreign (non-hollywood) films, oldies. that sort of thing. samahan na rin ng books rentals siguro.

tapos dapat puwede online ang pag-reserve. open ka sa gabi etc. hmmm....

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 05:26 PM »
this is actually a business i'm contemplating on opening. siguro pang enthusiasts. your titles should be not the new blockbuster releases. mga rare asian dvds, foreign (non-hollywood) films, oldies. that sort of thing. samahan na rin ng books rentals siguro.

tapos dapat puwede online ang pag-reserve. open ka sa gabi etc. hmmm....

Agree, your video rental store should be a cut above the usual titles that are available in the market. My sister used to have one. At that time, we have the usual commercial movies but also has 'unconventional' films that caters to student customers (i.e. their school requiring them to watch such movies) or even just plain but serious movie enthusiasts. I was the one tending the business before. And yes, I even put up a small 'books for rent' in the corner. My collections through the years. They are all used books bought from Book Sale. If a customer wants to buy a book, they can do so with a slightly higher price. Bottomline is, maximize your space without sacrificing your main merchandise. :)