Author Topic: The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration - R3: Any Info?  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
Re: The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration - R3: Any Info?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 01:14 AM »
^ Personally, I've already made up my mind a couple of years ago to just order the R2 steelbook restoration version because I hear it's relatively cheaper/almost the same price to get than the local one -- which is under suspicion of just being the old set in the Coppola "signature" box.

I base it on one thing that I've noticed. Since the local R3 edition box has an open side where you can see the actual case spine of all 4 DVD cases you can already get what I'm driving at. They look exactly the same as the ones in another boxset from several years back. And as Mr. Hankey and I have said, there is nothing on the box or cases that say it's the "The Coppola Restoration".

I was so excited back then when I saw Coppola's golden signature on the box. But when I turned it over I immediately knew this was just a redesign of the plain old black design from all those years ago.

Then again, we should wait for someone who sacrificed thousands of pesos just to see if it really is the restored versions  ;D

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2010 at 01:14 AM by Dan »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 07:39 PM »
And the only way to really be sure is if that person owns both copies (original and Coppola Restoration), since as I pointed out on this post: http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=77803.msg819863#msg819863, it's really hard to tell which is the "restored" version unless comparing images side-by-side. ;)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline utopian828

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 09:55 PM »
Local variant is still the original version.

You can see it based on Godfather 2. The original version has 2 discs. The Coppola Restoration only has 1.

A. Original Version (5 Discs)
     GF1 = 1
     GF2 = 2
     GF3 = 1
     Bonus = 1

B. Coppola Restoration (5 Discs)
     GF1 = 1
     GF2 = 1
     GF3 = 1
     Bonus = 2

The one available in the market today is still Version A sporting the design similar to the Coppola Restoration.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM »
Looks like you guys are correct.  Decided on the Godfather Coppola set nalang, naka order na ako kay Oreoshake :)
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!