Author Topic: Lucky Louie  (Read 744 times)

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lucky Louie
« on: Oct 12, 2008 at 04:32 PM »
I discovered this show via Youtube and was surprised ti wasn't picked up for a second season by HBO. One of the funniest and real adult sitcoms there is IMHO. THe cast is primarily made-up of stand up comedians like Louie CK and Jim Norton. Anybody else seen this one? I so like the intro in one episode where Louie and his wife was talking about anal sex. Hehehe.

I do hope another studio pick it up and start a new season.  ;D

From Wikipedia:

Lucky Louie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Lucky Louie

Lucky Louie
Format Sitcom/Black comedy
Created by Louis C.K.
Starring Louis C.K.
Pamela Adlon
Country of origin  United States of America
No. of seasons 1
No. of episodes 13 (1 unaired) (List of episodes)
Production
Running time approx. 0:30 min
Broadcast
Original channel HBO
Original run June 11, 2006 – August 27, 2006
External links
Official website
IMDb profile
TV.com summary
Lucky Louie is an American television sitcom about a family headed by Louie, starring Louis C.K., and Pamela Adlon. It premiered in the United States on HBO on June 11, 2006. HBO ordered 12 episodes of the series which aired during the 2006 summer season. In addition, eight scripts for a second season were ordered.[1] In September 2006, however, HBO announced that the show had been cancelled.[2] This cancellation was unusual because it was not related to ratings, as the show steadily built in ratings, and had a supportive fan-base. More likely, it was the result of a poor response by critics and press, which HBO feels are important to its image[citation needed]. In Canada, Lucky Louie can be seen on Movie Central on Sunday evenings at 9:30pm PT and on The Movie Network at 10:30pm CST.

Lucky Louie is, at first glance, a classic-style situation comedy. Unlike many of its contemporaries, it features a three-camera shoot in front of a live audience with no artificial laugh track, much like the classic sitcoms of the 1970s, like All in the Family. In premise, Lucky Louie is similar to other classic sitcoms like All in the Family or Roseanne, telling the story of an unsophisticated working class family. Louis C.K. stated in interviews criticizing sitcoms for making the settings too elaborate and decided to have his show's sets look realistic. However, the show aired on HBO, a subscriber-supported network without content restrictions, and deals with serious mature topics like sex, as well as using adult language. Episodes have occasionally displayed male nudity. Louis C.K. stated on his message board that there would not be female nudity on the show, claiming "Female nudity isn't funny" because you can't "laugh and jerk off at the same time".

The cast of Lucky Louie is notable for including many people more known for stand-up comedy than acting, including Jim Norton, Laura Kightlinger, Nick DiPaolo, and Rick Shapiro. This is likely because Louis C.K. is himself a popular stand up comic, but also because Louis wanted people that knew how to perform for a live audience.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Lucky Louie
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 07:35 AM »
Louis CK is one of the most brilliant stand-up comics in the US right now. I highly suggest you track down his HBO specials bro. Really hilarious. His newest one is titled All Chewed Up.

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 04:28 PM »
Louis CK is one of the most brilliant stand-up comics in the US right now. I highly suggest you track down his HBO specials bro. Really hilarious. His newest one is titled All Chewed Up.

Yeah, I downloaded his "all Chewed Up" special last night as well as Jim Norton's "Montser Rain" and "Happy Endings Autobiography" audio files. Kakatawa talaga pareho itong dalawang to.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 05:07 PM »
Check out mo din si Zach Galifianakis bro. And if you really want a true comic genius track down all of the performances of late, great Bill Hicks.