Author Topic: ABSCBN DTV (pampanga)  (Read 1298 times)

Offline metaura

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ABSCBN DTV (pampanga)
« on: Sep 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM »
mga pdvd na taga pampanga naka recieve ako ng news(rumor na lang di pa sure e) na maglalaunch ang ABS ng DTV dito sa atin mkkpurchase ka nang digital box nila for 2k mejo sketchy pa sa info pero so far eto palang nasasagap ko
Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
Re: ABSCBN DTV (pampanga)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2008 at 04:50 PM »
ABS CBN DTV in San Fernando (Pampanga) and San Miguel (Bulacan) is almost ready for 'test' broadcast. It is just waiting for the government to issue the guidelines that would govern the operation of (terrestrial) digital television systems. Once the guidelines are issued, digital set top boxes shall be deployed to test audiences in the two areas in order to gather marketing data in anticipation to its deployment in Metro Manila.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2008 at 05:46 PM »

Mga sir, paki paliwanag naman...

Digital yung broadcast signal, pero ano kaya yung source material ng studio?  Di ba SD rin ang source?

Di ba kung SD ang source, tapos broadcast in HD, ganun din ang picture?  Or even worse due to the conversion?

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM »
Mga sir, paki paliwanag naman...

Digital yung broadcast signal, pero ano kaya yung source material ng studio?  Di ba SD rin ang source?

Di ba kung SD ang source, tapos broadcast in HD, ganun din ang picture?  Or even worse due to the conversion?

I understand that the big networks have already invested on HD capable cameras and post production equipment (since I was told that the cost of HD capable cameras are almost the same as the top of the line SD cams). Some teleseryes may have already been shot in HD and downconverted to SD for analog telecast but the masters are HD. If the networks are looking to have these teleseryes sold overseas at least in the region, producing them in HD might make it attractive to the regional buyers.

As to Barrister's queries, you can transmit television signals in digital not necessarily in HD format. The digital service of Sky carries standard definition formats hence the quality may just be at par with the best analog reception that can only be received near Sky's headend in San Juan. The only difference in digital is that the quality is consistent irregardless of the subscriber's distance from the headend as long as the signal is within the threshold of reception by the digital boxes.

I am not aware of any procedure of repurposing standard definition content into HD. Definitely it would be extremely difficult or expensive to do this without the assurance of getting the desired results.