Author Topic: Egreat NMTs  (Read 226577 times)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Egreat NMTs
« Reply #540 on: Apr 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM »
saw in this post:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=21350

hindi pwede ang DTS sa 31A?

I'd be deciding latest tomorrow kung ano kukunin ko. i want the 31B mukhang ansa kanya na lahat, pero masyado na sya malayo sa unang choice ko na WDTC 12kpesos, thats why im leaning towards 31A. ???

O i shouldnt worry about it kasi ill connect it to a receiver naman and let my receiver decode the DTS?

AFAIK, your player should also have a dts decoder. Maski na may decoder ang receiver mo, if your player cannot decode the dts, how can it transmit the dts signal to your receiver?

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #541 on: Apr 29, 2009 at 07:46 AM »
Nelson players without decoders will just pass those signals as is to the audio equipment but via digital. Equipment with a decoder (DD/DTS) once detects the signal will decode the signal and process it accordingly.

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #542 on: Apr 29, 2009 at 10:07 AM »
Nelson players without decoders will just pass those signals as is to the audio equipment but via digital. Equipment with a decoder (DD/DTS) once detects the signal will decode the signal and process it accordingly.

thanks for the confirmation. itll be a different story if the "file" itself and not the NMT/player ang hindi DTS.

ready to go egreat 31A, padala ko na kay Gren ang list ko. and hopefully itll be ready on friday.

thanks guys!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #543 on: Apr 29, 2009 at 09:16 PM »
thanks for the confirmation. itll be a different story if the "file" itself and not the NMT/player ang hindi DTS.

ready to go egreat 31A, padala ko na kay Gren ang list ko. and hopefully itll be ready on friday.

thanks guys!

congrats bro, you've finally decided :)
enjoy sleepless nights ;D

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #544 on: Apr 29, 2009 at 11:54 PM »
congrats bro, you've finally decided :)
enjoy sleepless nights ;D

Thanks bro! Have already emailed my list to richie. Though till now im not decided whether to get the 31a or 31b. Told him ill just see him on friday, but there people routing for 31b instead para future proof na kahit papano. Bahala na.ΓΌ

Offline bhongskie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 10:46 AM »
@ anchit,

bro i had that same predicament as yours when I was choosing my NMT.  Have spent some time pondering which to choose between the 31A or the 31B. Allow me to share some insights that hopefully you may find useful in making up your mind.

My requirements then for an NMT are the following:

1.) network and download capability of the NMT
2.) capability to transfer files from and to PC via USB2
3.) HDMI video connection to my plasma
4.) DTS/DD output and connection to my AVR (which has no HD audio capability)
5.) capability to connect external HDD and optical drives to the NMT (via USB2)

With the above basic requirements I settled for the 31A since it was 3K cheaper than the 31B and I figured with the 3K savings I'll make I can just add a little bit to get myself another 1TB HDD for the contents.

If you have no other need for stuff outside the 5 above (like HD audio, etc) you can save a couple of thousand bucks or more if you go for 31A.  If you want HDMI v. 1.3 and eSATA you'd have to go for 31B.

Let me just mention that if you need component output from the NMT, the 31A has that capability BUT you need to use a special cable since the component out of the 31A is not the RCA type but the PS/2 type similar to those found in PCs.  No worries, though since the 31A comes with its own special cable.  If you don't really need component out this is no big deal.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM »
@ anchit,

bro i had that same predicament as yours when I was choosing my NMT.  Have spent some time pondering which to choose between the 31A or the 31B. Allow me to share some insights that hopefully you may find useful in making up your mind.

My requirements then for an NMT are the following:

1.) network and download capability of the NMT
2.) capability to transfer files from and to PC via USB2
3.) HDMI video connection to my plasma
4.) DTS/DD output and connection to my AVR (which has no HD audio capability)
5.) capability to connect external HDD and optical drives to the NMT (via USB2)

With the above basic requirements I settled for the 31A since it was 3K cheaper than the 31B and I figured with the 3K savings I'll make I can just add a little bit to get myself another 1TB HDD for the contents.

If you have no other need for stuff outside the 5 above (like HD audio, etc) you can save a couple of thousand bucks or more if you go for 31A.  If you want HDMI v. 1.3 and eSATA you'd have to go for 31B.

Let me just mention that if you need component output from the NMT, the 31A has that capability BUT you need to use a special cable since the component out of the 31A is not the RCA type but the PS/2 type similar to those found in PCs.  No worries, though since the 31A comes with its own special cable.  If you don't really need component out this is no big deal.

thanks bhongskie! Same with me, my avr is not HD audio compatible, its jsut the yamaha 363. aside from the ones that yuo've mentioned, HDMI 1.3 and eSATA, any other differences?

I think from what you've enumerated, my requirements aer the same.

Thanks a lot for the inputs sir, its a huge help. ;)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #547 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM »
additional Q bro, are you happy with its sound?

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM »
additional Q bro, are you happy with its sound?

sound per se via optical, yes I'm happy with it although my major gripe with MY unit is that I experience audio drop outs.  probably a lemon or just some problems with my optical cable but gren is happy to help i just don't have time yet to bring my unit back. 

regarding differences wala ng iba aside from HDMI 1.3, eSATA and the connection terminals/plugs.  I think pareho lang GUI ng 31A and 31B.

glad to be of help  :)

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #549 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 04:46 PM »
Anyone updated their firmware?  Firmware Version : 01-17-090201-15-EGR-403-000 

Offline niwre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 06:29 PM »
Anyone updated their firmware?  Firmware Version : 01-17-090201-15-EGR-403-000 

Not yet... waiting for the next one na lang... Hopefully, it will already have the dts downmix.  :)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 06:31 PM »
Not yet... waiting for the next one na lang... Hopefully, it will already have the dts downmix.  :)

do you think sir kasama si 31A na magkakaroon ng firmware para sa dts downmix?

Offline niwre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2009 at 12:11 AM »
do you think sir kasama si 31A na magkakaroon ng firmware para sa dts downmix?

sorry, di ko rin alam kung mag-ka-karoon.  Doon sa forums nila (egreatworld), di rin sila sigurado kung merong dts downmix yung mga hdmi1.1 players pero sure sila sa hdmi1.3 players.  ???

Offline captainbarbell

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2009 at 08:16 AM »
sorry, di ko rin alam kung mag-ka-karoon.  Doon sa forums nila (egreatworld), di rin sila sigurado kung merong dts downmix yung mga hdmi1.1 players pero sure sila sa hdmi1.3 players.  ???

Hmmm..I was also led to believe this one kaya nag upgrade ako agad from 31a to 31b...

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2009 at 12:27 PM »

dts downmixing is not dependent on the hdmi version ... for tvix nmt products, even the older model 4100sh with hdmi 1.1 supports dts downmixing
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline niwre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2009 at 11:01 PM »
dts downmixing is not dependent on the hdmi version ... for tvix nmt products, even the older model 4100sh with hdmi 1.1 supports dts downmixing

Agree on this but if they sell the hdmi 1.1 players at a cheaper price and did not include the license cost for DTS in their price structure, then this will explain why they can't have these models support dts downmixing. 

Similar to PCH, though the A110 version now supports dts downmix functionality, they did not include the same for A100.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2009 at 11:24 PM »
hi guys, finally got mine this afternoon? Richie has the friendliest and most accomodating staff na naka usap ko.

I just have some issues with my unit, we tried playing Planet earth 1080p movie approx. 50gb ang file size and Iron man 1080p approx 18gb, pahinto hinto sya, it is impossible for one to watch the movie. Sabi ng staff ng ehome, dahil daw masyado malaki yung file, above 15gb kaya hirap si HDMI ni external HDD.

We checked some files na 720p ok sya lahat, pero pag 1080p sya at pag BD rip malamang sa oo hindi sya mapapanuod kasi humihinto sya.

Do you experience the same? also namention ng staff na dahil malaki yung size at dahil naka external, pag internal hdd daw wala yun problema. we also tried playing the same files it worked flawlessly and effortlessly.

right now hmmm ok lang cant say that im really satisfied kasi pag dating sa bahay nicheck ko yung mga 1080p files majority of them humihinto. Yung mga 720p files naman mas malinaw pa yung mga dvd9 ko.

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: May 02, 2009 at 02:49 PM »
What unit did you bought sir? Large files like planet earth and iron man to my e31b have no problem. But they are located inside my nmt. External mkv - HDef files have no problem with my unit. Is your unit have the updated firmware?
Sir, How large are the 1080p?   

Offline mrm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: May 02, 2009 at 03:37 PM »
hi, has anybody here ever encountered their egreats restarting unexpectedly. I have 2 egreat 31a which
I bought online from egreat somtime last July 08 and one of them just started rebooting unexpectedly.
I researched through forums and found out that this may be a switch problem which was present with the
first batch then. Has anybody here ever heard of this problem. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009 at 03:37 PM by mrm »

Offline niwre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: May 02, 2009 at 04:37 PM »
What unit did you bought sir? Large files like planet earth and iron man to my e31b have no problem. But they are located inside my nmt. External mkv - HDef files have no problem with my unit. Is your unit have the updated firmware?
Sir, How large are the 1080p?   

Agree, maybe better to check on the version of firmware.

Offline niwre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2009 at 04:40 PM »
hi, has anybody here ever encountered their egreats restarting unexpectedly. I have 2 egreat 31a which
I bought online from egreat somtime last July 08 and one of them just started rebooting unexpectedly.
I researched through forums and found out that this may be a switch problem which was present with the
first batch then. Has anybody here ever heard of this problem. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks.

Hi, try to post at eGreat's own forum site - http://www.egreatworld.com/en/forum/default.asp

I believe the moderators there are eGreat's own employees.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2009 at 06:48 PM »
I just have some issues with my unit, we tried playing Planet earth 1080p movie approx. 50gb ang file size and Iron man 1080p approx 18gb, pahinto hinto sya, it is impossible for one to watch the movie.

anchit, we may have the same source file for ironman 18gb, i think file is corrupted. unless they can play it there at ehome.
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2009 at 07:00 PM »
No problems playing 1080p files on my egreat 31b..however, the iron man i got isn't playing well..must be the file

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2009 at 09:33 PM »
hi guys, we tried playing dark knight via their network, it played flawelessly pero pag thru via hdd hindi maayos.

Have texted richie about it sabi nya they initially thought its a firmware issue pero mukhang hardware daw, they no longrer recommened mag external for big files like iron man and esp planet earth. Even thru internal hdd si planet earth daw hirap pa rin si egreat.

Richi of ehome is kind enough to replcae my hdd with an internal one, soli pa yung extra kasi mas mahal si external.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2009 at 09:40 PM »
and oh its 31A. Thanks!

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: May 03, 2009 at 07:04 AM »
hi guys, we tried playing dark knight via their network, it played flawelessly pero pag thru via hdd hindi maayos.

Have texted richie about it sabi nya they initially thought its a firmware issue pero mukhang hardware daw, they no longrer recommened mag external for big files like iron man and esp planet earth. Even thru internal hdd si planet earth daw hirap pa rin si egreat.

Richi of ehome is kind enough to replcae my hdd with an internal one, soli pa yung extra kasi mas mahal si external.

As in 31A problem Anchit?  I have no issues with my 1080ps on the 31B and all my HDDs are connected externally.  I have nothing inside the 31B unit itself.

Your 18GB Iron Man is a VC1-encoded file.  I dont have that particular file but my 31B plays similar VC1-encoded titles (Matrix for instance) having the same range of filesizes flawlessly.   

Good luck anyways.  It would be interesting to test some of my 1080ps on your unit if we can possibly meet next time I vacation in July.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009 at 07:05 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: May 03, 2009 at 12:13 PM »

As in 31A problem Anchit?  I have no issues with my 1080ps on the 31B and all my HDDs are connected externally.  I have nothing inside the 31B unit itself.

Your 18GB Iron Man is a VC1-encoded file.  I dont have that particular file but my 31B plays similar VC1-encoded titles (Matrix for instance) having the same range of filesizes flawlessly.   

Good luck anyways.  It would be interesting to test some of my 1080ps on your unit if we can possibly meet next time I vacation in July.

same with me bro.... kala ko nung una hirap 31b in playing 1080p from external HDD
but i found out yung file ang problema.... pero just to organize my file i decided yung 1080p's nasa internal and 720p's sa external.  I'm planning to get another 1TB external dedicated for 1080p :)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #567 on: May 03, 2009 at 12:27 PM »
same with me bro.... kala ko nung una hirap 31b in playing 1080p from external HDD
but i found out yung file ang problema.... pero just to organize my file i decided yung 1080p's nasa internal and 720p's sa external.  I'm planning to get another 1TB external dedicated for 1080p :)

same tayo ng iniisp na approcsh, kaya instead of transferring all of my files from my external na madami din namang non 1080p, yung mga huge files lang ang ililipat ko dun. mahirap kasi pag napuno agad yung internal. kaso gastos ulit to.

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: May 03, 2009 at 12:48 PM »
same tayo ng iniisp na approcsh, kaya instead of transferring all of my files from my external na madami din namang non 1080p, yung mga huge files lang ang ililipat ko dun. mahirap kasi pag napuno agad yung internal. kaso gastos ulit to.

gastos nga bro pero masaya naman tayo :)

umatend pala kayo sa last eb ah.... congrats po.... nameet mo na ang mga da-legend ako di pa tagal nang balak sumama di maka-timing ;D

anong sub ba bumenta sa inyo na bagay na bagay sa bago nyong egreat? :)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #569 on: May 03, 2009 at 04:52 PM »
here's my 31A's firmware version:

50-17-090116-15-EGE-402-000

Kernel verison:

15-EGR

When i click on the check for firmware update button error mssg lang nakukuha ko. It says request cannot be processed.

If sir clondalkin isnt experiencing this in his 31B, malamang limited lang to sa 31A. wala naman problema sakin if an unternal hdd will solve it, but my concern is pano pag napuno na si internal?