Author Topic: Our Blu-ray Collection  (Read 24241 times)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Blu-ray Collection
« Reply #60 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 08:45 AM »

Major Titles Rumored for Blu-ray in 2010 and Beyond
Posted December 16, 2009 06:11 AM by Juan Calonge

Blu-ray Movies AV site The Digital Bits has put up a post on its "Rumor Mill" site listing the titles that its "industry sources" are hinting as likely candidates for release on Blu-ray in the next couple of years, including more Spielberg, James Cameron and a new hope for 'Star Wars' – but only in the longer term.

The titles mentioned as likely to come out on Blu-ray in 2010 include:

* Alien Anthology
    * Apollo 13
    * Back to the Future Trilogy
    * Indiana Jones Trilogy

The Bits predicts that one or both of the 'Star Wars' trilogies will probably see a Blu-ray release – in 2011. The site also considers it "reasonable to assume" that the extended editions of 'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy' will be out on Blu-ray "by the end of 2012".

Regarding movies by director, "one can also expect" Blu-ray releases for James Cameron movies. Also, the site sources say that "key additional Spielberg catalog films" are likely to arrive on Blu-ray in 2010 and 2011. It's not hard to improve on 2009, as this year the studios have released exactly zero Spielberg movies on Blu-ray.

Bill Hunt concludes by stating, "the next few years are going to be HUGE for major catalog titles on Blu-ray. So start saving up your money now, folks."

Source: Digital Bits rumor mill | Permalink

Going through this thread and articles like this seem deja vu for me, circa 2003 when I joined this forum and others.  People were eagerly anticipating new releases on DVD.  Now those DVDs are nearly worthless.  Nobody who has seen even a 720p movie has any interest watching them again.  Hopefully BD gets a longer lifespan.  It looks like it will with the upcoming 3D BD technology by next year. Expect many titles to have the 3D IMAX version - not those requiring red and green anaglyph glasses, but true stereoscopic 3D.  With that, expect Blu ray disk to come in 2-3 disc sets.  The entire movie feature can take up the eintire 50 GB capacity of a single disc.  The set could contain both 3D and non-3D versions.   Home playback gears for 3D will also be arriving soon. While the PS3 processing will be maxed out with a firmware update, other current standalone BD players won't be able to play 3D BD for insufficient processing capability.  That's because the new 3D BD is essentially 2 BD decoding of the same movie simultaneously, one for each eye.   And it's said that unless your screen has at least 120hz rates, you can't watch 3D.   Interesting times ahead.  This should give BD users more reason to upgrade next year.  
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2009 at 01:20 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #61 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM »
Other than using the online www.blu-ray.com/community/collection, I'm also using a DVD database software "DVD Profiler" to keep track of my current Blu-ray collection. I'm sure some of you have heard of it before. It's very convenient, fast & easy to use. You can keep track both off-line & online. In future it will save you lots of time in checking & searching your whole collection. It's convenient & prevent headaches. Here are some actual screen shots taken from my profile:

Full size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pchin/4191922812/sizes/o/

You can also customize the look & apperance. Here's a different layout.

Full size: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pchin/4191922932/sizes/o/in/photostream/

For more info on DVD Profiler:
http://www.invelos.com/

There's a trial download which you can test run. I created 3 separate databases. One for my Blu-ray collection, one for my HD-DVD collection & one for my regular DVDs. :)

You can also upload your database to the Invelos server so that in case if any thing happen to your existing data, you can easily access & download your database to your computer or in the event you're using more than one computer then your second computer can download & sync with the info.

This database software is great way to protect & keep track all our beloved movie collections data. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM by pchin »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM »
Today I have a bit of time to explore my DVD Profiler & I've just discovered that actually the database can print out charts/graphs and also reports! :o

With report you can keep track your Blu inventory & it has so many different report formats to choose from. As for the chart, it gives you statistic on your collection base on genre, studio, etc it's easy to see where your collection has the most number of movies. :)

Here are some samples:

You can also keep track which movies you hav ewatched, who can borrow your movies & when is the due date for the person to return it, etc. :)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 15, 2010 at 07:51 AM »
Raymond, good to bump into you recently in JAC...waiting to see your update Blu collection. :)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #64 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 08:56 PM »
Raymond, good to bump into you recently in JAC...waiting to see your update Blu collection. :)

Hi Paul, nice to see you too. Ya haven't updated for a while. Will do it soon hehe. ;D

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jun 03, 2010 at 02:22 PM »
Haven't updated my collection, will do it this week ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jun 03, 2010 at 05:47 PM »
Haven't updated my collection, will do it this week ;D

What's taking so long, Ray? ;D

I think your new AVR gear is keeping you busy yeah? :P

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jun 03, 2010 at 09:50 PM »
What's taking so long, Ray? ;D

I think your new AVR gear is keeping you busy yeah? :P

hehe :D ;D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Our Blu-ray Collection
« Reply #68 on: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM »
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:31 AM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #69 on: Mar 23, 2015 at 06:01 PM »
Compared to everyone else here, I had a small collection...

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2015 at 07:09 PM by Columbia »
Columbia

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #70 on: Feb 21, 2017 at 05:38 AM »
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2017 at 05:51 AM by edwn1220 »
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline dbdbd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a Steelbook Addict!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
296 BD's
230 Steelbooks
1 Metalpack