Author Topic: PLASMA MANUAL CALIBRATION NOT ALLOWED  (Read 17700 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2410
Re: PLASMA MANUAL CALIBRATION NOT ALLOWED
« Reply #120 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 12:50 PM »
Baka naman gusto lang ng OP takutin si Spyderman by threatening to revoke his status as an authorized distributor...

based on the panasonic 2008 thread on page 17 spyderman is not listed ata. I think it would be best na the op or spyderman come here to clarify imo para to set everything straight. Para tapos na discussion ;D

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 01:41 PM »
Its just a warning so take it as it is,

I'm taking the warning as it is.  Hindi ko dinadagdagan, hindi ko rin  binabawasan.

Sabi niya, manual calibration will void the warranty.  He is saying that mere calibration, regardless of whether or not the service menu was accessed, will invalidate the warranty.

Sabi niya, if the seller gives free calibration, he's definitely not an authorized dealer.  He is saying that if the seller charges payment for calibration, it may still be possible that he is an authorized dealer; but if it's free, he's definitely not authorized.   ;D

Baka naman gusto lang ng OP takutin si Spyderman by threatening to revoke his status as an authorized distributor...

E di silang dalawa ang mag-usap. 

based on the panasonic 2008 thread on page 17 spyderman is not listed ata.

If spyderman is not an authorized dealer, then Panasonic Philippines has the right to refuse to recognize a warranty for that reason alone.  Free calibration has no relevance to the issue.

That's why panaphil should have just listed the authorized dealers.  It is the dealership agreement that determines authority, not the act of calibrating.

===================================

Gaanong kagaling ba talaga ang sevice ng Panasonic Philippines? 

Delikado ngang bumili sa gray market kasi hindi ka nakakatiyak sa service nila.  That is the general rule.

But if the gray market seller has a reputation for after sales service that is even better than the country distributor, then buying from the gray seller would not be a cause for worry.  It might even be a cause for relief.

Judging from panaphil's writing skills, I'm not very confident that Panasonic Philippines has a policy of hiring the best staff they could find.  Based on that, it would not be far-fetched to assume the same about their staff of technicians.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 01:42 PM by barrister »

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #122 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 01:48 PM »
I'm taking the warning as it is.  Hindi ko dinadagdagan, hindi ko rin  binabawasan.

Sabi niya, manual calibration will void the warranty.  He is saying that mere calibration, regardless of whether or not the service menu was accessed, will invalidate the warranty.

Sabi niya, if the seller gives free calibration, he's definitely not an authorized dealer.  He is saying that if the seller charges payment for calibration, it may still be possible that he is an authorized dealer; but if it's free, he's definitely not authorized.   ;D

E di silang dalawa ang mag-usap. 

If spyderman is not an authorized dealer, then Panasonic Philippines has the right to refuse to recognize a warranty for that reason alone.  Free calibration has no relevance to the issue.

That's why panaphil should have just listed the authorized dealers.  It is the dealership agreement that determines authority, not the act of calibrating.

===================================

Gaanong kagaling ba talaga ang sevice ng Panasonic Philippines? 

Delikado ngang bumili sa gray market kasi hindi ka nakakatiyak sa service nila.  That is the general rule.

But if the gray market seller has a reputation for after sales service that is even better than the country distributor, then buying from the gray seller would not be a cause for worry.  It might even be a cause for relief.

Judging from panaphil's writing skills, I'm not very confident that Panasonic Philippines has a policy of hiring the best staff they could find.  Based on that, it would not be far-fetched to assume the same about their staff of technicians.

Sir, please check my I'R's and Burn-in's thread, my 1st hand exp. with the company in question! kayo pa ang nakatulong sa akin at yung seller.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=84974.0
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 01:50 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 01:58 PM »
Thanks for the appreciation, sir.

Why does everyone assume that Panasonic Philippines is the only one capable of giving competent service?

My Panasonic Viera was purchased from a big chain appliance store, definitely an authorized dealer (Hindi ko pa kilala noon yung 2 sellers natin dito e  :().  Dumating yung TV, mali ang TV stand.  I had to research on the internet to identify the correct stand's model number.  I printed out the web page and gave a copy to the store's sales rep, who faxed it to Panasonic Philippines.  The store received the correct TV stand from Panasonic Phil. one week later. 

Simpleng TV stand na lang yan, palpak pa.  I shudder to think what Panasonic Philippines would do to my TV if I have to send it in for a difficult repair.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 02:00 PM by barrister »

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 02:00 PM »
Thanks for the appreciation, sir.

Why does everyone assume that Panasonic Philippines is the only one capable of giving competent service?

My panasonic Viera was purchased from a big chain appliance store, definitely an authorized dealer.  Dumating yung TV, mali ang TV stand.  I had to research on the internet to identify the correct stand's model number.  I printed out the web page and gave a copy to the store's sales rep, who faxed it to Panasonic Philippines.  The store received the correct TV stand from Panasonic Phil. one week later. 

Simpleng TV stand na lang yan, palpak pa.  I shudder to think what Panasonic Philippines would do to my TV if I have to send it in for a difficult repair.

You're welcome sir, your pm gave me a lot of relief!

Can you imagine people like that coming to your house and opening your unit? Baka lalo pang masira.

Offline elkabong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 02:17 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
kaya nga natin tinapon ang mga CRT natin eh para malinaw ang papanoorin naten eh.... naka plasma ka nga ang dilim dilim naman di mo magalaw ang brightness/contrast  dahil mawawala ang waranty duhhh ;D ;D ;D

pero mga sir di ba these adjustments are designed to be accessible to the users so that they can tweak these settings according to their taste.  :(

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 03:44 PM »
tinign ko tong thread starter is now veeery happym just like what he planned, pag usapan, humaba ang thread, mag away, etc. kahit na napakadaming natin ditong knowledgeable pag dating sa TVs natin, meron pa rin ibang lurkers dito or newbies na nakita tong topic na to at ngayon nagdadalawang isip na kumuha ke vic, kahit ano pang maging conclusion nito, im pretty sure, may isa o dalwa na makakabasa nito ng hindi na kukuha ke vic.

but for me, Vic still offers a great service, aftersales service that is. Nagkaproblema ang pv70 ko, isang text lang, walang tanong tanong, ang sagot lang nya " let me know kung kailan mo gustong palitan yung tv". ;)
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #127 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 03:53 PM »

baka spidey sells both grey units and official units. kaya tampo ang panaphil.....  :P hence this malicious attack...
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 03:54 PM by iiinas »

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 04:08 PM »
To the point of sounding like a broken record, I will say this again....Mr. panaphil really has to come out and clarify what he meant by his post.  Was he referring to service menu manipulation or spyder calibration being done by the AV seller?  Because if he is referring to spyder calibration, it's obvious that he is not knowledgable on spyder calibration because as most of us know by now spyder calibration simply uses a computer and a sensor attached to the plasma screen to guide in obtaining the proper contrast, brightness, color settings for optimum PQ and all these are user-accessible anyway.  Panasonic needs to be informed about this calibration method (if they are not aware of it yet).  Now if panaphil on the other hand is referring to service menu access to tinker with the settings, then hindi niya dapat pinatatamaan si Spyderman because spyderman doesn't do that. 

Now when it comes to the issue of grey vs legit, why doesn't he just list the names of authorized sellers here in pdvd.  No need to mention who belongs to grey market, just mention who is authorized.  In the end, it is us, the consumers who will choose where we'll buy our AV equipment.  One thing that panaphil also needs to clarify is if a seller gives out local warranty, does that make him an authorized seller (not grey market).  Or can an unauthorized seller issue a local warrantly?  Kasi according to some buyers they were given Phil Panasonic warranty by Spyderman and yet panaphil seems to be saying he is not authorized.  Since one of us has already texted him and I have PM'ed him as well to ask for clarification (to no avail),  maybe we can ask sir Nemesis (since he seem to know panaphil well and has even posted his cell # here) to encourage panaphil to issue these clarifications.  Once this is done, tapos na ang discussion.

This is not about being pro-Spyderman or pro-panaphil-endorsed.  A lot of us deal with both sellers anyway.  I for one only asks for clarifications.  I just hate it when someones issues a vague warning tapos kung sino sino ang tinatamaan.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 04:20 PM »
To the point of sounding like a broken record, I will say this again....Mr. panaphil really has to come out and clarify what he meant by his post.  Was he referring to service menu manipulation or spyder calibration being done by the AV seller?  Because if he is referring to spyder calibration, it's obvious that he is not knowledgable on spyder calibration because as most of us know by now spyder calibration simply uses a computer and a sensor attached to the plasma screen to guide in obtaining the proper contrast, brightness, color settings for optimum PQ and all these are user-accessible anyway.  Panasonic needs to be informed about this calibration method (if they are not aware of it yet).  Now if panaphil on the other hand is referring to service menu access to tinker with the settings, then hindi niya dapat pinatatamaan si Spyderman because spyderman doesn't do that. 

Now when it comes to the issue of grey vs legit, why doesn't he just list the names of authorized sellers here in pdvd.  No need to mention who belongs to grey market, just mention who is authorized.  In the end, it is us, the consumers who will choose where we'll buy our AV equipment.  One thing that panaphil also needs to clarify is if a seller gives out local warranty, does that make him an authorized seller (not grey market).  Or can an unauthorized seller issue a local warrantly?  Kasi according to some buyers they were given Phil Panasonic warranty by Spyderman and yet panaphil seems to be saying he is not authorized.  Since one of us has already texted him and I have PM'ed him as well to ask for clarification (to no avail),  maybe we can ask sir Nemesis (since he seem to know panaphil well and has even posted his cell # here) to encourage panaphil to issue these clarifications.  Once this is done, tapos na ang discussion.

This is not about being pro-Spyderman or pro-panaphil-endorsed.  A lot of us deal with both sellers anyway.  I for one only asks for clarifications.  I just hate it when someones issues a vague warning tapos kung sino sino ang tinatamaan.

i guess the guy was just not knowledgeable that he may have thought spidey's free calibration service includes tampering with the plasmas' service menu.

he may be scared out of his wits already by causing this uproar. may even be lurking under another handle for all we know.  ;D ;D ;D

but i agree with a lot of people here, he should come out clean, apologize if need be.  >:(

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 04:25 PM »
Question: Let's say a dealer is not an Authorized Panny retailer, but gets from an Authorized dealer and passes it on to the end-user, does that mean Panny phil will not honor the warranty?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 05:02 PM »
Para hindi magulo, we have to start with the basic premise.

The basic premise is that Panasonic Phil. is obligated to recognize warranties only on units that were sourced from them.  Conversely, it would be unfair to compel Panasonic Phil. to honor a warranty on a unit that they never sold.

With that basis, it's easy to answer the question:

Let's say a dealer is not an Authorized Panny retailer, but gets from an Authorized dealer and passes it on to the end-user, does that mean Panny phil will not honor the warranty?

Panny Phil. should honor the warranty because the unit was sourced from them.

But here's the problem:

Some sellers of appliances, computers, etc., even if they are already authorized dealers, also engage in parallel importation.  This is not illegal, as long as they are not smuggled items (called "black market" units); although the retailer does violate the terms of his dealership agreement with the Philippine distributor. 

Some retailers do this to take advantage of lower prices of sellers from other countries.  The white market units are mixed with gray market units, but the retailers usually admit to the customer which units are authorized and which are not.  At any rate, both the Philippine distributor and the retailer can tell which units are which, based on the unit's serial number. 

But it is possible for a gray market unit to be issued a warranty card by the retailer, intentionally or by mistake.  That's because he already has in his possession genuine blank warranty cards that came from his white units, except that those cards are supposed to be used only for the white units.

If a gray unit is issued a warranty card by mistake or otherwise, and the customer sends his unit to Panasonic Phil. for repair under warranty, the latter has the right to refuse to honor any warranty because the unit was not sourced from them, as evidenced by the unit's serial number.

In that case, the customer has the right to complain against the retailer, not against Panasonic Phil.

Ano kaya ang relevance ng calibration dito? :D
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 05:33 PM by barrister »

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 05:05 PM »
Again, thank you! The retailers here are very honest naman when it comes to saying which are grey and which are Panny phil units. So, yung calibration lalang talaga ang issue!

"Ano kaya ang relevance ng calibration dito?" - barrister. Di ko nga alam sir, baka mag Pioneer lalang ako ;) The topic starter ties up grey importing and color calibration that confuses me.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 05:40 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 06:58 PM »
baka spidey sells both grey units and official units. kaya tampo ang panaphil.....  :P hence this malicious attack...

It's an open knowlege naman that even the authorized Pana distrinutor also sell gray units ;D

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #134 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 07:06 PM »

Then good for you Sir ;) :)

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 07:52 PM »
Para hindi magulo, we have to start with the basic premise.

The basic premise is that Panasonic Phil. is obligated to recognize warranties only on units that were sourced from them.  Conversely, it would be unfair to compel Panasonic Phil. to honor a warranty on a unit that they never sold.

With that basis, it's easy to answer the question:

But it is possible for a gray market unit to be issued a warranty card by the retailer, intentionally or by mistake.  That's because he already has in his possession genuine blank warranty cards that came from his white units, except that those cards are supposed to be used only for the white units.

If a gray unit is issued a warranty card by mistake or otherwise, and the customer sends his unit to Panasonic Phil. for repair under warranty, the latter has the right to refuse to honor any warranty because the unit was not sourced from them, as evidenced by the unit's serial number.

Question lang po sir: If the retailer would give the blank warranty card for the grey unit then hindi po ba magkukulang yun blank warranty card niya for his white units so in effect, magsu-suffer yun white units niya kasi mawawalan ng warranty card? So, why would he do that? Why would he give the warranty card of his white units for his grey units? ???
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 07:52 PM by surg »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 08:13 PM »

i think the op was just delirious when he posted his warning. his warning should have been that plasma manual calibration (tampering of service menu) will void panaphil's warranty, and that even an authorized dealer who gives free calibration that tampers with the plasmas' service menu will have that white unit's warranty void.

problem is he mentions the free calibration with the buying from only authorized dealers + the voiding of warranty all under the same breath. wtf!!!

more i think of it the more i feel strongly that this particular person should come back and apologize for creating this mess.

Offline Bunsoy

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 212
« Reply #137 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 08:34 PM »
mga sirs, bihira lang ako mag post dito pero madalas mag surf dun sa ibang threads, and thankful for it kasi i was able to buy my 42pv70 based on those other threads. di ko na lang sasabihin kung kanino ko binili para iwas intriga. anyway, i am fully enjoying my pv70, and that's enough for me, and still on the hunt for my next purchase.

kung wala din lang idudulot ang thread na ito kundi puro intriga, i vote to delete this thread na lang, kung pwede.  let the other potential buyers base their decision by reading the other threads which make sense.

yun lang po.

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 09:23 PM »
Question lang po sir: If the retailer would give the blank warranty card for the grey unit then hindi po ba magkukulang yun blank warranty card niya for his white units so in effect, magsu-suffer yun white units niya kasi mawawalan ng warranty card? So, why would he do that? Why would he give the warranty card of his white units for his grey units? ???

hindi kasi lahat humihingi ng warranty card. plus, Panasonic Phils can not refuse warranty claims on a legitimate white unit simply because walang kasamang papel.  one can even course through your warranty complaint to your dealer, and bahala na sila mag-arrange sa Panasonic, thus they can whip up another blank paper if that is so required.

Reliabity of these plasmas and LCDs are excellent and a dealer can simply roll the dice.  Kadalasan naman masisira yan pag tapos ng warranty :)  Kung lemon, papalitan naman unit mo.

Kaya warranty claims are for the feint hearted.  Read through the various threads, ilan sa members natin ang directly nagpasok ng kanilang OPPO, amps, blu ray players, even 52" plasmas and lcds.  Warranty be damned.  I had my fair share.

I posted my observation in the first page of this thread and mentioned that grey units has always been here since before the internet, before pinoydvd.  Where do you think people are buying their 36- 50 in CRT TVs back then when the manufacturers are only willing to bring in 29 inch TVs.

Tetablanco's post on the clout of manufacturers on the big appliance dealers is spot on.  But there is another aspect why the big dealers are losing to the boutique shops.  It's financing.  Whereas before, when you buy from these small shops, you are subjected to the normal high finance factor, they are not included in the appliance madness when rates were lowered, and they are not allowed to offer o%.  Today, all bets are off and you can enjoy the lower appliance madness rates even if you do not participate in the festival! They've even given the stores the liberty to create their own 0% promo by providing them the monthly factor for the 0% (which goes to show that it is not really 0%).  They don't even have to wait for the credit card company to run a 0% promo.  Surprisingly, the big appliance stores has not taken advantage of these yet or has ignored these in favor of higher margins on fewer sales.

Offline kelz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 10:43 PM »
I dont think there is anything unethical about a COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE posting a warning to consumers about VOIDING WARRANTY on certain conditions and mentioning THOSE DEALERS THAT SELL GREY MARKET UNITS. We should thank him pa nga kasi kahit poorly written yung kanyang statement :-[ eh he tried his best to make us aware that there are UNATHORIZED SELLERS and that these sellers are the one GIVING FREE CALIBRATION  :) Being an authorized representative of a company he has the right to protect his interest and that of their clients.

I feel marami lang nasaktan kasi napaso  :( bec they didnt know that the units they bought are GREY MARKET UNITS :( :( Dito talaga sa pilipinas dami kasi maabilidad :( And wag na natin intrigahin mga sellers kasi i think they are all related to one another as in RELATIVES ::) ;D ;)

PS ;D I know of owners who calibrates their plasma to the max ;D meaning pati service menu ginagalaw :o ;D ;D ;D Experts eh :D

I don't think na yan ang intention ng ni mr panaphil.

It's one thing to warn buyers against buying from grey market (although as others have said, there's nothing wrong in buying grey units) and voiding warranty by tinkering with the service menu, but it's another thing to issue that warning with the intent of ruining the business of a respected AV seller here who obviously sells Panasonic plasma with Phil Panasonic certificate (according to a buyer here) and only does spyder calibration which doesn't tinker with the service menu.

from his one and only post, i think, and so do other replies here, that this is his intention. wala naman napaso, obvious lang kasi na may malicious intent yung topic na to ::) 
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 11:00 PM by kelz »

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM »

naghanap lang siguro ng reason para mang discredit kay spyderman. at yung free calibration ang nakitang gusot. may nabasa kasi ako na post dati na Panasonic is monitoring this forum. I don't know, pero dalawa lang naman ang seller natin dito. and wala namang illegal trade na nangyayari dito or kung ano mang related issue para mag monitor sila.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 at 11:18 PM by kelz »

Offline Bolshoie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 01:39 AM »
naghanap lang siguro ng reason para mang discredit kay spyderman. at yung free calibration ang nakitang gusot. may nabasa kasi ako na post dati na Panasonic is monitoring this forum. I don't know, pero dalawa lang naman ang seller natin dito. and wala namang illegal trade na nangyayari dito or kung ano mang related issue para mag monitor sila.

well since nagmonitor na nga si panaphil at nabasa ang free calibration service,he might have actually jumped the tree and blindly accuse SPYDERMAN even without knowing what SPYDER calibration is...remember it doesnt mean na he works for PAnasonic eh knowledgeable na sya sa ibang a/v products.like it doesnt mean na you own a PS3 eh knowledgeable ka na sa wii and 360.thats why ASSUMING makes an ass of you and me,but at this point he just made an ass of himself (kung nag assume nga sya bigla biglaan without researching about SPYDER and just jumped na manual calibration nga ito)

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #142 on: Oct 19, 2008 at 08:46 AM »
Guys,

Since warranty (and the possible voiding of it) ang topic here, can you please educate mekung ano ang standard warranty offered for white market and grey market units here?

White Market:
Free Labor and Parts for 2 years?

Grey Market:
Retailer replacement of unit?  For how long?

I guess this would put some added info on the discussion.

Thanks.

Revskie

Offline otepsy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • quality over quantity...
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 11:04 AM »

but for me, Vic still offers a great service, aftersales service that is. Nagkaproblema ang pv70 ko, isang text lang, walang tanong tanong, ang sagot lang nya " let me know kung kailan mo gustong palitan yung tv". ;)

yeah nangyari rin sakin nagka problem pv70 ko isang tawag lang palit agad.... ang tanong lang kung kelan mo gusto palintan....

meron bang ganyan sa iba?

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 12:33 PM »
yeah nangyari rin sakin nagka problem pv70 ko isang tawag lang palit agad.... ang tanong lang kung kelan mo gusto palintan....

meron bang ganyan sa iba?

sa iba repair yan. pero the best pa rin talaga ang replacement. when i bought my electronic gadgets sa best buy sa states, i made sure to avail of their 2 year replacement warranty for 50 dollars. I'd rather have a new one, than rely on repairs

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 04:32 PM »
I'd have to agree with the members Ricky and Nemesis.

The warranty card is just a piece of paper.  Even in the grayest part of the world, it is not surprising to have a gray unit come with a piece of warranty card.  Whether that piece of paper would actually be honored by the maker is always the big question mark.    Normally, the warranty card would have to be stamped by the store to indicate the date of purchase and commence the warranty properly, or, you'd have to post mail the filled out warranty card to the maker, or, you have to keep the receipt as proof of legit purchase.  Kung blanko yan, what does that mean???

Now if your seller (authorized or otherwise) takes care of your problems directly instead of referring you to the maker within the warranty period, then that's fine.    Paano kung hindi and you'd have to deal with the maker directly, only to find out that your seller touched your unit beyond what is allowed based on standard warranty conditions?

BTW, I interpret the first warning as if you touch the Service Menu without Panasonic's (maker's) consent, then you can void your warranty - kaya nga secret yung access code ng Service Menu.  That's common sense in the TV market.    Manual settings of the TV based on the Operating/Owner's Manual is OK  - cmon hindi ganon kababaw ang Panasonic.

Kung talagang taga Panasonic yung OP, the warning is legit and they have the right to inform us what Nemesis mentioned as "SOP".  If he's just a competing store disguising as Pany, then the intentions are rather questionable - kahit na totoo yung warning.

No disrespect dun sa pinatamaan na Seller but his lack of response can be interpreted as him being such a very nice guy, OR, totoo yung claim ng Pany and cannot be disputed  - regardless of how "nice" his extra services are.   

I have a British colleague who talks as eloquently as Tony Blair but for some reason, writes like a grade schooler, so I wouldnt be so critical on the writing style.  I wish he could have written in a clearer way but in my OPINION, the members of this board are intelligent enough to interpret the message properly.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2008 at 05:01 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 05:30 PM »
I have a British colleague who talks as eloquently as Tony Blair but for some reason, writes like a grade schooler, so I wouldnt be so critical on the writing style.

This is worst.  :o

How do you define eloquence ?

You need full cognitive functions to speak relevantly publicly.

Simply meaning, eloquence means at least average substance in your oral delivery.

Now how can you do that if you write like a grade schooler ?
Except of course if your grade schooler is the brillinat gifted 10 yeasr old who are classified Magi's in their class.

Otherwise, I guess your critical judgment is compromised as to judge what's ELOQUENT OR NOT.

I just can't help not to respond when I see statements that thrive on pedagogy.  ;)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 05:36 PM »
This is worst.  :o

How do you define eloquence ?

You need full cognitive functions to speak relevantly publicly.

I think my British colleague is actually VERY BRILLIANT, as he speaks in his normal businessman like, politician like manner with that very cute accent, and writes in very simple and short sentences because he knows our Japanese colleagues would be reading his notes again and again, and they have to understand fully well.   ;D

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 08:04 PM »
I think my British colleague is actually VERY BRILLIANT, as he speaks in his normal businessman like, politician like manner with that very cute accent, and writes in very simple and short sentences because he knows our Japanese colleagues would be reading his notes again and again, and they have to understand fully well.   ;D

I was really curious about your response. It makes sense.  ;D ;D.

But that is a deliberate simplicity which may still be logical. The problem with the OP is his lack of logic ... and his reluctance (or fear???) to log in again and correct his glaring mistakes. I also believe what Nemesis has written but since the OP is not responding (in spite of text messages to him) ... all sorts of questions arise in my mind, and probably the minds of other members as well.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 08:26 PM »
Ako naman ang magtatanong.

Let's say that you accessed your service menu and wrote down all default settings, modified the settings, then set all service menu settings back to default positions before sending the unit to Panasonic for repair. 

How would Panasonic know that you did in fact access the service menu?
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2008 at 08:28 PM by barrister »