Author Topic: Setting up Pipe-in music /ceiling mounted speakers inside the house  (Read 4610 times)

Offline 911

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This is my first time to set up ceiling mounted speakers for the house.  I plan to install it around the house.  What things should i know?  Here are my questions:

1) What areas inside the house should i install them? 
2) should it be in public areas of the house like hallway only, living room or are individual rooms included?
3) I read that you put a volume control per room where you install the speaker. How come?
4) Normally, do you put a pair of speakers or only 1 speaker per room?
5) So is the set up as siple as putting speakers in all the rooms then connecting them in one AV receiver?  where do you usually place that receiver?
6) in the av receiver, when you open it, all speakers turn on once you switch on the unit?
7)What is the niles intellipad?  Where can i buy it and how much?
8) Does this gadget control audio only or it can control the lighting and tv in your room?
9) Is daichi a good brand? is it better to buy speakers enclosed on their rear or open?  Bec when you put ceiling mounted speakers and the rear is open, it might be prone to moisture or insects.
10) what kind of wires do you use to connect the speakers around the house? so that insects or rats wont bite it.
11) So for example the AV is inside the masters bedroom(should it be there?), u place the speakers around the house, so you pull wires from each room toward the AV receiver area?
12) if one speaker is far from the AV receiver, is there any loss in sound quality bec of the length of the wires from speaker to AV receiver?
13) how would you know how much AV receiver wattage you need to buy to power all the speakers?
14) why do people put ceiling speakers in their home?Most i see they buy stereo system and place it in their rooms only
15) can anyone suggest an affordable wireless speaper system like the sonos.

Thank you.

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
i've done a pipe-in music setup myself, here are my regrets/things to do the next time list:

1) pipe in the toilet and walk in closet
2) a single variable volume PER channel or at least PER pair of speakers (not counting the wall mounted volume control)
[this is because the different lengths of speaker wire = different volume to each area]

yes, put them in the public areas, and then some
yes you need a volume control in each area
pair per room
pipe in music is for background music, not for critical listening as compared to stereo speakers
pipe in is nice that during parties, you can move from area to area and still exactly the same song
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline 911

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
so quality wont be affected even though the AV is far from the speaker?

Offline 911

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
What is a good speaker wire to buy that rats wont bite it?

Any idea how much per meter is for the wires and where to buy?

Thanks

Offline onedown

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
try getting in touch with architectural audio.
peace man!

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

9) Is daichi a good brand? is it better to buy speakers enclosed on their rear or open?  Bec when you put ceiling mounted speakers and the rear is open, it might be prone to moisture or insects.

For me, Daiichi is a good brand. But of course. it depends on your preference. Take note that Daiichi has supplied to numerous international brands such as Klipsch, JBL, BG, etc. (OEM).

Napansin ko lang, most stores (and malls) use Daiichi for their ceiling mounted speakers. Maybe it's because they perform good (for their cheap price). Just stare at the ceilings and look for the Daiichi logo. ;D

Daiichi has a range of ceiling/wall-mounted speakers, I suggest visiting their Megamall showroom so you could see/demo all the units and you could also probably have all our questions answered there. ;)
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
What is a good speaker wire to buy that rats wont bite it?

Any idea how much per meter is for the wires and where to buy?

Thanks

ipasok mo na lang sa pvc pipe ang wires amigo para safe, this way wala kang problema kahit anong brand ng speaker wires ang gagamitin mo. good luck. :)
hth