Author Topic: NEW NextBase Portable DVD Player MDV1  (Read 19872 times)

Offline phantom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:NEW NextBase Portable DVD Player MDV1
« Reply #60 on: Sep 15, 2003 at 07:05 PM »
hi quiksilver,

congratulations on your new toy! :D
phantom 8)

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Sep 15, 2003 at 07:06 PM »
Planning to give this Nextbase portable dvd as a gift. Anyone knows where to get it at the cheapest price?

Thanks.

Hey dude,

Ilan bang units you intend to buy....we might conduct a group buy for Pinoy DVD members

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Sep 15, 2003 at 07:09 PM »
hey guys!

went to Watson's yesterday at meron na silang SDV17 (aka. tablet dvd player). they're selling it at 18.8k. :o ang ganda ganda! :D  kinda looked a little bigger than i've expected it to be thou. :) it comes with a battery pack.

phantom 8)

Hi

We will be conducting a group buy for this model....are you interested?

Offline phantom

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Sep 16, 2003 at 03:20 AM »
Hi

We will be conducting a group buy for this model....are you interested?

if my pocket permits me. ;D  but please do tell me more about the details of this group buy thing. :D

tnx,
phantom 8)

Offline quiksilver

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Sep 16, 2003 at 03:04 PM »
hey phantom,

hello to all

question sa mga may mdv1,

gusto ko sana bumili ng 5.1 speaker system for my mdv1 eh, meron ba kayong mga suggestions?

yung mura lang ha thanks

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #65 on: Sep 16, 2003 at 11:19 PM »
hello to all

question sa mga may mdv1,

gusto ko sana bumili ng 5.1 speaker system for my mdv1 eh, meron ba kayong mga suggestions?

yung mura lang ha thanks

The MDV1 does not have a built-in decoder.  You will need a receiver with DD/DTS decoder, which will pass on the 5.1 sound to your speaker system.  Connect the MDV1 to the digital receiver via toslink/fibre optic cable.

Kung gusto mo budget setup, try looking for 2nd-hand goods in our very own Assorted Buy And Sell section.  Good entry level receivers are the Yamaha 430.  There are also China-made receivers at Raon I think...

Offline quiksilver

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Sep 18, 2003 at 07:18 PM »
THANKS,
MAY ALAM KA BA NG BRAND SA RAON?

HOW MUCH PRICE RANGE NUNG MGA 2ND HAND

Offline geriatrickid

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Hello there!

I have a portable MDV1 and I bought it in the Philippines? DO YOUknow if i have to buy an ac adapter 110 VOLTS SO IT WILL WORK AND NOT BREAK ON ME.
sO MY QUESTION IS IS THE mdv 1 DUAL VOLTAGE 110/220V?

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 110 v adapter so I can use in the states?

Offline d_hunter

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 12:34 AM »
Hey dude,

Ilan bang units you intend to buy....we might conduct a group buy for Pinoy DVD members

how much kaya?  any details?  

Offline phantom

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hello there!

I have a portable MDV1 and I bought it in the Philippines? DO YOUknow if i have to buy an ac adapter 110 VOLTS SO IT WILL WORK AND NOT BREAK ON ME.
sO MY QUESTION IS IS THE mdv 1 DUAL VOLTAGE 110/220V?

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 110 v adapter so I can use in the states?

hi geriatrickid,

all you have to do is get an adapter with an AC input of 110V. :) try going to ACE Harware or True Value. ;)
just check how much juice your player needs, i think its 1000ma for the nextbase portables. :D  or since your gonna go to the US why not buy the adaptor there?  ::)  finding one there wont be a problem. ;)

Offline Erbz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 16, 2003 at 12:48 PM »
Guys, i just bought the MDV1 sa SM at medyo humihinto hinto. I really dont know if its the disc o palyer. Has anyone had the same prob? Pag ginamit ko kasi sa console player ko ok naman. BTW, pirated DVDs yung ginamit ko.

Thanks.

Offline LtCool

• Collector
  • Ass U Were
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Oct 16, 2003 at 05:38 PM »
Erbz,
I have encountered the same problem with one of the many player I've sold, a former officemate of mine bought from me the MDV1 then return it to me for the reason that it hangs often even in genuine R3 disc, I ask her to bring the troublesome disc and I'l try to find if it's the disc or the player. I tried the disc to my own DMV1 but it plays continously without any interruptions, so I ask her to bring the player and I brought it to the store where I bought the player, I play the disk that hangs then they replace the player with a new one on the same day, I just note down the serial number of the unit that I've returned.

I think SM would not honor your reason for returning the player that a pdisk hangs on it unless they assured you that it can play pdisk, then you can ask for replacement. Otherwise try a genuine DVD and see if it hangs, then if it does bring the disc and the player to the store and ask for replacement. I don't know their store policy for returned merchandise though, I believe it may take days for replacing your player, I think it's an SOPs of big stores here because of their enventories etc. IMO lang.

-LtCool-

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2003 at 05:44 PM by LtCool »

Offline levi

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Dec 03, 2003 at 01:44 AM »
bump

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Feb 09, 2004 at 08:59 AM »
MDV1 ba yung latest na model? yung maliit? o eto yung larger one?

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Feb 09, 2004 at 09:45 PM »
ya..it is the smaller one.my friend has one,pwde pa pang kotse. 12v dc in;D

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Feb 13, 2004 at 12:17 PM »
ya..it is the smaller one.my friend has one,pwde pa pang kotse. 12v dc in;D

ic... feedback kasi dun sa larger version tumatalon daw.

magkano mdv1 ngayon?

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Feb 13, 2004 at 06:58 PM »
its 5,700 @ astroplus..ewan ko lang sa iba. 8)

Offline cyborjs

• Apprentice
  • what's up duck!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Feb 15, 2004 at 02:09 PM »
there are two types of NEXTBASE (NEXTBASE 2 AND NEXT BASE 3 ) the 1st one dont have the audio video out(red, white, yellow) the 2nd one have, the 1st one is so hot after 2 moveis or one whole disk of MP3 (170 music)and start to skip, but the second get hot only after playing 4 movie and two whole disk of MP3. (340 music) and start to skip.

Official Gadgeteer Hands On Review: NextBase 2 Multi-function Portable DVD Player (MDV1)
by Julie Strietelmeier
Last date revised: 01/07/2003

My first DVD player review was the NextBase unit from Merconnet.com. That was last summer, and I've been using it ever since. A very small and portable player, it worked great and didn't take up much room at all on my entertainment center. I was surprised when Merconnet contacted me a few week ago to tell me that they had a newer version of the NextBase that they wanted me to review that was even smaller than the original. Of course I was curious and anxious to check it out. Let's take a closer look.

Hardware Specs:

Dimensions (W x H x D): 6.5 x 5.5 x 1.2in (165 x 138 x 30mm)
Unit weight: 21.8 oz (619g)
Disc physical format: 12cm/8cm
Compatible with DVD/DVD-R/CD/HD-CD/SVCD/VCD/CD-R/CD-RW
Optical Dolby Digital (AC-3)/ DTS/ LPCM digital audio output
Built-in Dolby Digital (AC-3) and DTS dual decoder down-mixed to two channels analog audio output
Video output: Composite/s-video
Multi-region

Wow, I thought the first NextBase that I reviewed was small... This new model isn't much wider than an actual DVD disc! You shouldn't have a problem finding a spot for this player.

This is a solid little unit that has a quality feel to it. Made of plastic and metal, it is actually heavier than the original model which is physically larger. The extra weight helps to keep it from sliding around when opening, closing it or pressing buttons.

The bottom is made of metal and has numerous heat vents to keep the unit cool when it is running or in standby mode. Unlike the first NextBase that I reviewed, this one does not get very warm when left powered on.

The face of the player has five buttons and a small LCD display. Four of the buttons give you your basic Play, Next Track, Previous Track, and Stop functions. But just to kick things up a notch, the plastic around the button arrangement lights up in blue when a button is pressed. Not extremely useful, but nifty all the same.

The LCD gives you a little info to let you know what type of disc is in the player: MP3, DVD, or SVCD. It also shows the elapsed time while playing a disc.

The fifth button is the Open button for the cover. I like that the cover just doesn't pop open with a snap, but rather it lifts slowly to the open position. I found discs to be easy to insert and remove as you would expect.

The remote that comes with the NextBase 2 is thin and light. Too thin and light if you ask me... It's a membrane style remote... No physical buttons, just bumps that you press for the functions. It runs on a coin cell battery (CR2025) which isn't as convenient as a remove that runs on AA or AAA batteries.

On the left side is the Power switch that you have to manually slide to ON or OFF. The opposite side of the unit has an earphone jack and a volume dial. The earphone jack allows you to use the NextBase as an audio CD player or to listen to movie audio thru earphones.

The front of the unit has the IR port and the back has the video outputs. A composite cable (Red, White, Yellow) is included with the player. You can also use S-Video, or Optical Digital output but you will need to purchase your own cable. I used the composite cable and hooked the NextBase directly into my ReplayTV's Line1 input jacks.

Once you have the player hooked up, you can turn it on and pop in a DVD. You will then be greeted with the menu for the movie that you've loaded. You can also press the Setup button on the remote to modify a variety of settings. Below you can see some of the different options available to you. I left all my settings at their default values for the review and found the picture and sound quality to be very good thru my old Magnavox 27in TV and Denon stereo.

During the review period, I watched about 6 movies. All of them were brand new and had never been played before. I noticed that I would have problems on almost every other movie with them pausing here and there for a split second. At first I thought I might have bad DVDs, but it happened on at least 3 of them, which seemed to be too much of a coincidence. I was almost ready to pull my hair out, when I popped out the DVD and blew across the laser eye inside the player. I know this probably isn't a very good practice, but it seems to have solved the problem.

In addition to playing regular off-the-shelf DVDs, I decided to try out a few other types of discs on the player. A friend of mine who built his own PVR (Personal Video Recorder) computer, burned me two copies of an episode of the TV show Angel in his DVD writer. One disc he burned in DVD format on a DVD disk. It worked and played great. The other copy he made as a VCD on a CD-RW and it didn't work worth a hooey. The audio didn't seem to match up with the picture, and the picture was blocky. He gave this same VCD to another person and it did play correctly on their DVD player. Since this player is supposed to be able to play VCDs, I'm not sure what went wrong...

For another experiment, I burned various image files and audio files on to a CD-R via my Fujitsu Lifebook. I copied the files to the root of the CD-R as well as to folders that I created. I took the CD-R out of the notebook without 'closing' it for further writing. The NextBase 2 was able to read it just fine. Popping it in the player caused it to display the file and folder hierarchy as shone below.

As you can see, file names are truncated. But unlike the first NextBase model, files did not appear as multiple segments.

MP3s sounded great thru the stereo. By default, all the files in the current folder would cycle thru one at a time and then repeat. While playing, a timer would display at the top of the screen.

I also wanted to try out the image viewing features of the NextBase 2. I think this was the feature that actually impressed me most! I copied 50 or so pictures from my Arizona vacation to the same disc that I copied the MP3s to.

Clicking on an image file causes a slide show to start. The image quality on my TV was great! I was really surprised. Using the remote, I could even rotate an image on the screen and it would remember the orientation the next time it came back around to display it. You could also view the images in thumbnail mode with 9 on the screen at once.

If only it could play music in the background while displaying the pictures, it would be perfect ;o)

The NextBase 2 is a great little DVD player that would be perfect for anyone that is cramped for space, or likes to take a player with them when they travel. It's easy and fun to use and is currently my only player.

Price: $179.00 (Merconnet offers free shipping to the US and Canada along with a car adapter kit)

Pros:
Very portable
Great picture
Excellent JPG viewer
Can double as an audio CD and MP3 CD player

Cons:
Membrane style remote uses coin cell batteries
Had some pausing problems

Let me know your comments on the NextBase 2 Portable DVD Player and read what others have to say.
Back to Main Page.

DION DMX MP3 Player/Voice Recorder DION DMX MP3 Player/Voice Recorder IMP-400 SlimX IMP-400 SlimX Mpio FD-100 256MB Mpio FD-100 256MB Mpio FY100 MP3 Player 128MB Mpio FY100 MP3 Player 128MB AudiaX Digiana Wireless Portable FM Linker (FM Transmitter) AudiaX Digiana Wireless Portable FM Linker (FM Transmitter) More ... More ...  5.6" TFT/LCD Monitor 5688 5.6" TFT/LCD Monitor 5688 5.6" M-6000 TFT/LCD Monitor 5.6" M-6000 TFT/LCD Monitor 6.6" M6040 Roofmounting LCD Monitor 6.6" M6040 Roofmounting LCD Monitor Merconnet 7" TFT/LCD Monitor with TV Tuner Merconnet 7" TFT/LCD Monitor with TV Tuner 7.2" STN LCD Monitor W-702 7.2" STN LCD Monitor W-702 More ... More ...  NextBase SDV17-A DVD with integrated LCD NextBase SDV17-A DVD with integrated LCD NextBase 3 Portable DVD Player NextBase 3 Portable DVD Player FMD107 Overhead DVD Player/Monitor Combo FMD107 Overhead DVD Player/Monitor Combo Power Runner Advanced 2310 9-12V Power Runner Advanced 2310 9-12V Rechargable Lithium-ION Battery Pack for NextBase SDV17-A Tablet DVD Rechargable Lithium-ION Battery Pack for NextBase SDV17-A Tablet DVD More ... More ...  PS2/PSX to PC USB Controller Adapter (2 players) PS2/PSX to PC USB Controller Adapter (2 players) PS-X-Change Modchip Boot CD PS-X-Change Modchip Boot CD Game Enhancer for Playstation Game Enhancer for Playstation No Solder R-Mod Chip for PS2 (v.5 ONLY) No Solder R-Mod Chip for PS2 (v.5 ONLY) PS2 Hi-Resolution VGA Adaptor BL-0028(USA version) PS2 Hi-Resolution VGA Adaptor BL-0028(USA version) More ... More ...  GBA Flash2Advance USB Linker GBA Flash2Advance USB Linker GBA XG Flash 128MB & USB Writer GBA XG Flash 128MB & USB Writer Game Boy MPXchanger Game Boy MPXchanger Gameboy Advance USB Flash Linker + 256MB Flash Card Gameboy Advance USB Flash Linker + 256MB Flash Card Game Boy Challenger Game Boy Challenger More ... More ...  Universal Multi VGA Box for all the consoles Universal Multi VGA Box for all the consoles PS2/PSX to PC USB Controller Adapter (2 players) PS2/PSX to PC USB Controller Adapter (2 players) PS2/PSX to PC USB Controller Adapter (1 player) PS2/PSX to PC USB Controller Adapter (1 player) 6 IN 1 Card Reader/Writer 6 IN 1 Card Reader/Writer Blaze Wireless 3D Optical Mouse Blaze Wireless 3D Optical Mouse More ... More ...  Magic I Keychain Minidatabank Magic I Keychain Minidatabank Palmate Mini-PDA Palmate Mini-PDA Magic Roller Ball Magic Roller Ball AudiaX Digiana Wireless Portable FM Linker (FM Transmitter) AudiaX Digiana Wireless Portable FM Linker (FM Transmitter) Auto Inverter 12v to AC110v Auto Inverter 12v to AC110v More ... More ...  X-Ecuter XBOX Mod Chip X-Ecuter XBOX Mod Chip X-box 8M Memory Card (Xbox-9999) X-box 8M Memory Card (Xbox-9999) More ... More ...  Radio Controlled Hovercraft Radio Controlled Hovercraft Flashlight autorechargable Flashlight autorechargable More ... More ...        

DVD Players  MP3 Players  LCD Monitors  Playstation  Game Boy  PC Stuff  Gadgets  XBox  Toys  Special Promotions  Promo Items  
 Home Feb-2004-14    :: Français/Español ::    Français    Español  

How to Order

Shipping Policies

Security

Warranty

FAQs

Contact Us

About Us

Special Promotions  
Check our bundles
DVD Player+5.6/6/7"Monitor

Clearance Sales  
- MP3 players at $35
- Car Monitors 6"
- PS2 Modchips
- 6 in 1 Card Reader, $15.99
- Car MP3 Player only $89.49 USD
- Soul Player, only $59.99 USD  

Just In
Check this week's arrivals!
- Game Boy MPXchanger
- Magic 5 Mod Chip
- Anydrive Car Mp3+ FM transmi

Latest News

EZF Advance in stock now !
Gameboy Advance 256 MB in stock now !

Home   > Portable DVD Players > NextBase 3 Portable DVD Player

NextBase 3 Portable DVD Player

Our Price: $125.99
List Price: $165.00
You Save: $39.01
SKU : 0332
 Main Features
More Photos
Contents
Reviews
Special Promotions

Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 Hours
Conversion Rates:
Pounds: £71.18

Canadian Dollar: $170.09

Euros: €102.27  

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The NextBase 3 is an updated model of the popular NextBase 2, featuring a durable plastic bottom and better ventilation to combat the heating problems found in the NextBase 2. All other features are the same. This product is in stock now!
This portable DVD player,an upgraded version of the nextbase, plays DVDs from any region, VCDs, audio CDs, mp3 CDs, and Kodak picture CDs, and comes with S-Video and digital optical outputs as well as a new slim remote control and support for 5.1 channel Dolby Digital audio. With dimensions of only 6.5" x 5.5" x 1.2", it's perfect for using in your car or anywhere else you want to watch DVDs! Complete with 480 second anti-shock! Free car kit adapter included.

Make your nextbase II 100% portable using the new Power Runner.

Features:  
- Supports G9-type 5.1 channel Dolby Digital/DTS audio output
- 480 second anti-shock
- Earphones and volume control
- Parental control function
- Slim full function remote control
- Supports car adapter 12VDC input

[Top]  

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS  
Unit size
- Height: 1 1/4
- Width: 6 1/2
- Depth: 5 1/2
- Unit size in mm (L x W x H): 165 x 138 x 30mm

- Compatible with DVD/DVD-R/CD/HD-CD/SVCD/VCD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3, etc.
- Kodak picture CD/ JPEG file viewer
- Built-in Dolby Digital (AC-3) and DTS dual decoder
- Multi-language OSD (On Screen Display)
- LCD panel and seven keys on board for convenient operation
- Optical Dolby Digital (AC-3)/ DTS/ LPCM digital audio output
- Dolby Digital/DTS down-mixed to two channels analog audio output
- S-video and composite video output

* NO MONITOR INCLUDED, DOES NOT USE BATTERIES

[Top]  

CONTENTS:  
- Nextbase MDV1 multifunction player
- Slim infra-red remote control
- AC Adapter
- AV Cables
- Instructions manual
- Leather case (optional)
- Free car kit adapter

[Top]  

REVIEWS:  

See reviews for the NextBase 2 here.

http://www.geek.com/hwswrev/conel/merconnet/index.htm
[Top]  

Special Promotions (featuring this product) [Top]

This product is part of 7 different specials!

NextBase 3 + TravelMate Bag + 1 Car Kit adapter      View Details ...

Nextbase 3 plus 7" TFT LCD Monitor/TV      View Details ...

Nextbase 3 + 6.6      View Details ...

Nextbase 3+ 5688 5.6 TFT LCD Monitor+ free car kits      View Details ...

Nextbase 3 + 7      View Details ...

Special 10. 6" TFT LCD Monitor, DVD Player + free adapters      View Details ...

Newsletter

Important Links
Shipping Information  Customer Service Sales Information How to Order Products Support Product Categories  
Shipping Policies
Returns & Refunds
Tracking Your Order
 Contact Information
Technical Support
Warranties
 Affiliate Program
Wholesales & Promos
Mail Catalogue
 Ordering Online
Ordering Offline
Security
 Reviews
Downloads
FAQs
  --------------- MP3 PlayersMP3/CD PlayersTFT/LCD MonitorsGadgets and PromosPC AccessoriesPlayStationGame BoySpecial OffersPortable DVD PlayersWireless ProductsPromotional ItemsToys  

Offline Ikabod505

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: NEW NextBase Portable DVD Player MDV7
« Reply #78 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 11:49 PM »
I'd like to buy a protable DVD player and I've seen the Nextbase MDV7 in the stores.  Any comments on this portable DVD player?  Is this reliable?  Is this substantially better than the previous portable models of Nextbase? I hope someone can inform me about their experience with this DVD player.  Thanks in advance.

Offline chicboi

• Apprentice
  • Chic Boi in the house! ; )
  • Liked:
Re: NEW NextBase Portable DVD Player MDV1
« Reply #79 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 01:25 PM »
*bump*  ;D

Offline chicboi

• Apprentice
  • Chic Boi in the house! ; )
  • Liked:
Re: NEW NextBase Portable DVD Player MDV7
« Reply #80 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:58 PM »
I'd like to buy a protable DVD player and I've seen the Nextbase MDV7 in the stores.  Any comments on this portable DVD player?  Is this reliable?  Is this substantially better than the previous portable models of Nextbase? I hope someone can inform me about their experience with this DVD player.  Thanks in advance.

Which store did you find this? How much is it?

People, we need reviews of the new NextBase MDV7 please..  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:59 PM by chicboi »

Offline red888

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: NEW NextBase Portable DVD Player MDV1
« Reply #81 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:06 PM »
i've got a nextbase mdv-7 , portable player, it used to be able to play even pirated dvds, but now it doesn't , how come ?