Author Topic: Scariest Movie in your Collection  (Read 6054 times)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Scariest Movie in your Collection
« on: Oct 31, 2008 at 10:52 PM »
For the past year, I've been scouting for some scariest movies around, reason for this is my wife's sudden interest in this kind of heart stopping movies. After seeing the Korean movie The Shutter, it made me think and also had this interest in getting this kind of movies. After the era of Ringu, The Haunting, & Shutter, any titles today you can recommend? We're not into bloodsucking things, what we want is a storyline similar to the titles I mentioned.  I prefer Korean's and Thai's if you have something in mind. Filipino films are also welcome, I find Kris Aquino's SUKOB a very good scary film. I haven't seen the other local films, can you please recommend some as well?

My sister who is now 44yrs old loves to watch scary movies, since her teens, she is already watching this kind of movies and she was able to watch most of those films shown in her lifetime. You will never see her blink until she saw this Korean DVD of mine...she literally shouted and had me burn this films and brought it back to the U.S. I got this Korean Trilogy about a year ago at the Marketplace, this is my scariest film by far......scariest would be the HIDDEN FLOOR.

Four Horror Tales Limited Edition: Korean Version with English subtitles 

Disc 1
February 29 (dir. Jung Jong Hoon)
Midnight. Ji Yeon, a tollgate clerk, notices a strange smell coming from one of the cars passing through, their ticket stained in blood. When one of her friends is killed at another tollgate, she joins two detectives in trying to find the culprit. Starring Park Eun Hye (Fireworks, Dae Jang Geum) and Lim Ho (Dae Jang Geum, Dae Jo Young).

Disc 2
Hidden Floor (dir. Kwon Il Soon)
After moving to a studio apartment with her young daughter, Min Young starts noticing strange events. Her neighbor complains of noise from above even though they hear nothing, and her daughter starts acting strange and following a strange woman. Starring Kim Suh Hyung (The City of Violence) and Kim Yoo Jung.

Disc 3
D-Day (dir. Kim Eun Kyung)
Four roommates preparing for their college entrance exam are attending a strange summer boarding school. Because of their conflicting personalities and the atmosphere at the place, one of the students starts having visions of events which took place there in the past. Starring Eun Sung (Dasepo Naughty Girls), Yoo Ju Hee, Kim Lina, and Heo Jin Yong.

Disc 4
Dark Forest (dir. Kim Jung Min)
Enjoying an excursion into a prohibited forest, Woo Jin, Jung Ah and other friends suddenly find themselves stranded in a place where no mobile phone works. But there's something much scarier looming in the darkest corners of the forest. Starring So Yi Hyun (Revenge, Hyena) and Lee Jong Hyuk (Green Rose).

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382
Re: Scariest Movie in your Collection
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2008 at 07:35 PM »
I don't have any scary movies ata in my collection hehe, I'm always a chicken  :D..Na trauma ata ako when I was a kid when I watched Omen 1 and The Exorcist. These are the two scariest for me. Man yun face of the "yaya" in Omen just scared the crap out of me. The Exorcist, I couldn't sleep for several days. I always feel the bed will move.  ;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2008 at 07:59 PM »
Hehe... ;D  I have that both titles and yes they are scary indeed. When friends are around, I normally plug one of my scary movies, I will know who are scared or not, some just excuses themselves by going to the restroom just when the scary scene is about to happen. Some just shouts the hell out of their seat....I get several reactions..."parang yung commercial ng KFC".   ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2008 at 08:48 PM »
Hehe... ;D  I have that both titles and yes they are scary indeed. When friends are around, I normally plug one of my scary movies, I will know who are scared or not, some just excuses themselves by going to the restroom just when the scary scene is about to happen. Some just shouts the hell out of their seat....I get several reactions..."parang yung commercial ng KFC".   ;D

hehe sarap nito if you watch with chicks hehe..They will hold on to ya and grab you all over ;D

Offline joel_marcelo

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Chi Chi, get the yeyo.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 01:18 AM »
the exorcist and the shining. thinking of it gives me the creeps.
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
May We Always Be..

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2606
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 09:16 AM »
phantasm 1, 3, and 4 (region 2 kasi ung part 2 kaya wala pa ko) ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 07:50 AM »
Stephen King's "It" scared me when I was younger...

When I saw "The Others" before at Galleria I kicked the seat in fron of me during the Piano scene.... ;D ;D ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline chimpanshane

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • It's Casual
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:24 AM »
talagang very scary mga horror movies ng mga 70's to 80's era compare ngayon..kasi ngayon puro blood and gore nalang ang makikita..

but anyway my big 3 scariest movies i watched was Omen 1..im very scared talaga dun sa scene nung pinatay na yung pari and the photographer.

2nd was Salem's Lot..very scary naman yung gravedigger na naging vampire na..yung nakaupo na siya sa rocking chair..katakot.

3rd naman was The Shining the maniacal eyes of Jack Nicholson was very scared outta me..sa front cover palang ng dvd..katakot na..hehe
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM by chimpanshane »

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM »
Bought Altered States a year ago and changed it to a different title after viewing it.

I found it scary and it sort of messed with my mind  :P

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 04:46 PM »
A bit off track,

But in my lola's house before she had a copy of the book-The Exorcist.  Just passing by it and seeing it made the hair on my nape stand :o :o :o
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 06:49 AM »
The Shining
The Exorcist (Director's Cut)

In some way, my Nightmare on Elm Street Infinifilm has become scary na rin as it may have had DVD rot na. I can't play it anymore.  :o :-\ :'(

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 07:05 AM »
The Strangers
Mirrors
Quarantine
  :o :o :o
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 11:38 PM »
Stephen King's "It" scared me when I was younger...

When I saw "The Others" before at Galleria I kicked the seat in fron of me during the Piano scene.... ;D ;D ;D

I can just imagine.... :D :D :D   hindi naman nabunot yung upuan BBB?  ;D

Bought Altered States a year ago and changed it to a different title after viewing it.

I found it scary and it sort of messed with my mind  :P

Weird film indeed.   :)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 12:01 AM »
The Shining
The Exorcist (Director's Cut)

In some way, my Nightmare on Elm Street Infinifilm has become scary na rin as it may have had DVD rot na. I can't play it anymore.  :o :-\ :'(

I have the first two, unfortunately I still haven't watched it after years of being stacked in my shelves. Time to watch The Shining this week. This is bad.

I also have the third one, just hoping I won't be scared just like you because my boxset is still sealed. :-\  ;D 

The Strangers
Mirrors
Quarantine
  :o :o :o

Mirror's with K.Sutherland? I think I haven't seen that yet. Are you referring to the original spanish Quarantine? [REC]? Saw the remake and yes agree with you...it is indeed scary.

I find those Asian horrors not too scary but more on "nakakagulat". I find it more interesting to see people shout rather than biting their nails while watching.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2009 at 04:48 AM by frootloops »

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #14 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 04:35 AM »
I have the first two, unfortunately I still haven't watched it after years of being stacked in my shelves. Time to watch The Shining this week. This is bad.

I also have the third one, just hoping I won't be scared just like you because mine's boxset is still sealed. :-\  ;D 

Mirror's with K.Sutherland? I think I haven't seen that yet. Are you referring to the original spanish Quarantine? [REC]? Saw the remake and yes agree with you...it is indeed scary.

I find those Asian horrors not too scary but more on "nakakagulat". I find it more interesting to see people shout rather than biting their nails while watching.  ;D

Yep with K. Sutherland. I havent seen the original spanish version yet but my nephew says it's more scary than the remake.

Sorry OT, just watched Drag me to Hell and I loved it! Screams and laughter abound! That old gypsy hag... boy was she scary! :o Cant wait for this to come out in dvd.. ;D
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 09:11 AM »

I also have the third one, just hoping I won't be scared just like you because my boxset is still sealed. :-\  ;D 

Both the Shining and Exorcist play OK pa naman. They're R3, by the way. I really feel sad about the Nightmare On Elm Street Infinifilm Edition since I don't have the complete box set anymore. That's what I have left for now. Hoping to get the boxset again the near future.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2009 at 06:56 PM by aszamora »

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM »
[REC]
Ringu
The Others
The Blairwitch Project
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline captainbarbell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 08:50 PM »
Talking about scary?...as for me...nothing beats "Fatal Attraction" :o

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 04:33 PM »
the exorcist and evil dead.  :o

Offline eckxs

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Collector
  • We run things, things don't run we.
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM »
Scary movie?   Hard to choose. There's a lot! haha. pero not those cheap ones.

1. The Blair Witch Project ( scariest scene probably was when Heather found Mike standing in the corner.)
   2. Scream (The Drew Barrymore scene, of course!)
   3. Halloween: H20  (a girl got her leg stomped by an elevator)
   4. The Ring ( seeing the well for the first time)
   5. The Messengers (just when you thought it's over... the ghosts leave one more scare)

well. pretty much lame films here but they scared me!!

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #20 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 02:40 PM »
does the first hostel count?  it's not scary, ghost wise.  it's the kind of sick mind that can come up with this movie that is scary.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 04:04 PM »
I find The Happening a bit disturbing, don't know why but it still gives me goosebump while watching it  :-\
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline berdilotâ„¢

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 04, 2009 at 11:57 PM »
you guys do like scary movies, i threw my exorcist dvd away after i watched it.  ;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 04:45 AM »
does the first hostel count?  it's not scary, ghost wise.  it's the kind of sick mind that can come up with this movie that is scary.

Something like SAW huh?  :)

you guys do like scary movies, i threw my exorcist dvd away after i watched it.  ;D

Good job!

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #24 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 06:39 AM »
Silent Hill
The Ring - the original jap movie

yung silent hill maganda and somewhat disturbing rin...

Offline Funktopuss

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 07:35 AM »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #26 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 08:38 AM »
The Haunting in Connecticut

--- had to turn the lights on when I watched this one.... DA*N....  :P

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #27 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 11:05 AM »
The Haunting in Connecticut

--- had to turn the lights on when I watched this one.... DA*N....  :P

^ I had to watch this with my mom... I didn't have the guts to watch it alone.  :P

For me, the scariest movie of all time is The Exorcist.  It is also the scariest one I have in my DVD collection.  However, I do find Evil Dead 1 and The Grudge 2 (Jap version) equally scary, though these titles are not in my collection.  ;D