Author Topic: WD TV HD Media Player  (Read 182598 times)

Offline pooch

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: WD TV HD Media Player
« Reply #480 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 06:02 PM »
villaman parksquare bro. it will arrive on tues.  but its better to buy from our sellers here. mura na may freebies pa. just check out the buy n sell section.  ;)

meron din sa villman sa megamall. maganda sa villman pwede 12 months to pay so 541/month lang

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #481 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 06:45 PM »
meron din sa villman sa megamall. maganda sa villman pwede 12 months to pay so 541/month lang

I called there kapatid last weekend. wala daw stock  ;D

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #482 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 06:58 PM »
hanap kayo ng hanap, eto lang ako, just a text away... O928944O814..  ;D ;D

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 08:09 PM »
Guys, please confirm. Can the WDTV plsy DVD ISO files? If yes, would the menu of the movie also work? Thanks in advance!

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #484 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 09:28 PM »
Yes, ISO plays. Menu does not work.

WD has bugs on ISO playback.  Only a firmware fix can solve the problem.  Not recommended in the meantime.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009 at 09:30 PM by barrister »

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 11:10 PM »
Thanks, Sir barrister for the information.

Offline pooch

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 09:22 AM »
I called there kapatid last weekend. wala daw stock  ;D
my offficemate got his yesterday

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 01:14 PM »
Was finally able to track down a unit yesterday thanks to a post here in PinoyDVD. First thing I did of course was to update the firmware. Quite straight forward. Nakakatakot lang talaga while waiting for the progress bar to finish na baka magka power fluctuation. Fortunately I had a UPS so no worries. :)

Loading/mounting of the drive (1tb) is not that quick. More than 30 seconds by my estimate. No big deal. Just wish it was faster. :) Though I understand the NMTs take a couple of minutes to boot (tama ba?) so panalo pa rin ang 30+ seconds. :)

This morning I inspected my 1080p files and they were all playing well. Even fast forwarding and skipping 10mins forward. There were no problems. I was also using the next button to go to the next movie. After 5 or so movies (when it reached TDK 16gb incidentally), it showed a black screen for the longest time. I wasn't that worried initially because I know it plays. I thought maybe it just needed a reboot. So I did. Wala pa rin. Pati eject and remount. Pati on/off of both the drive and the device. At first I thought something was wrong with the drive--that the files had been corrupted. (Note: I can see the drive and the files. I just couldn't play them--any of the files by this time.) I tried a flash drive and it wouldn't play either. So now I thought I broke the unit! Finally I reset the device (in the system menu). And finally it worked. Checking the settings afterwards, nothing seems to have changed so I don't know if the reset fixes something else other than the user controllable options. Something to watch out for though.

The good news is it played all the 1080p files I tested (almost 20) without any problems. May artifacts lang yung Sin City. Not sure if the file itself is corrupt. I'll try it on my laptop later.

So anyway those are my initial impressions. Forgive the length. Kindly post if you've exprienced anything similar.

On my wish list for the next firmware update: frame by frame or still/step. It's standard on DVD players so they should put in that feature, too. For those with the Egreat or Popcorn hour, does your NMT have this option?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #488 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 01:23 PM »
its the limitation of mkv.  but you can use muxers to edit it to your desired chapter cuts .. :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline dmaximus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 01:55 PM »
Was finally able to track down a unit yesterday thanks to a post here in PinoyDVD. First thing I did of course was to update the firmware. Quite straight forward. Nakakatakot lang talaga while waiting for the progress bar to finish na baka magka power fluctuation. Fortunately I had a UPS so no worries. :)

Loading/mounting of the drive (1tb) is not that quick. More than 30 seconds by my estimate. No big deal. Just wish it was faster. :) Though I understand the NMTs take a couple of minutes to boot (tama ba?) so panalo pa rin ang 30+ seconds. :)

This morning I inspected my 1080p files and they were all playing well. Even fast forwarding and skipping 10mins forward. There were no problems. I was also using the next button to go to the next movie. After 5 or so movies (when it reached TDK 16gb incidentally), it showed a black screen for the longest time. I wasn't that worried initially because I know it plays. I thought maybe it just needed a reboot. So I did. Wala pa rin. Pati eject and remount. Pati on/off of both the drive and the device. At first I thought something was wrong with the drive--that the files had been corrupted. (Note: I can see the drive and the files. I just couldn't play them--any of the files by this time.) I tried a flash drive and it wouldn't play either. So now I thought I broke the unit! Finally I reset the device (in the system menu). And finally it worked. Checking the settings afterwards, nothing seems to have changed so I don't know if the reset fixes something else other than the user controllable options. Something to watch out for though.

The good news is it played all the 1080p files I tested (almost 20) without any problems. May artifacts lang yung Sin City. Not sure if the file itself is corrupt. I'll try it on my laptop later.

So anyway those are my initial impressions. Forgive the length. Kindly post if you've exprienced anything similar.

On my wish list for the next firmware update: frame by frame or still/step. It's standard on DVD players so they should put in that feature, too. For those with the Egreat or Popcorn hour, does your NMT have this option?

congrats sir.  ;)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 02:12 PM »
Thanks! Kamusta ang shopping natin sa SM Appliance? Nakakuha ka ba? :)

Offline dmaximus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 02:19 PM »
Thanks! Kamusta ang shopping natin sa SM Appliance? Nakakuha ka ba? :)

wala pang oras sir e. pag nakatakas sa work. hehe. san nyo nakuha wd hd tv?  :)

Offline red_one

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 02:25 PM »
can you connect an external dvd drive to the USB port of WDTV to play AVI & MKV files stored on DVDs?

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 02:28 PM »
wala pang oras sir e. pag nakatakas sa work. hehe. san nyo nakuha wd hd tv?  :)

Got it at PC Hub. I wanted to get at Ehome pero ang tagal na, wala pa rin sa kanila, eh. Kuha na lang ako siguro ng 1tb sa kanila.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 07:12 PM »
can you connect an external dvd drive to the USB port of WDTV to play AVI & MKV files stored on DVDs?

No, external optical drives do not work on the WD.

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:18 PM »
Can WD play 1080p mkvs with 20mbps bitrate without any hiccups?

Offline dmaximus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 09:34 PM »
Got it at PC Hub. I wanted to get at Ehome pero ang tagal na, wala pa rin sa kanila, eh. Kuha na lang ako siguro ng 1tb sa kanila.

ok mga seller natin dito bro. baka meron sila. ;)

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM »
Can WD play 1080p mkvs with 20mbps bitrate without any hiccups?

No. 

You will be happier with an HTPC.

Offline kapau

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM »
meron na stock villman ulit at 0%.

Offline highwayman

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #499 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM »
im currently using my WD to my onkyo receiver... what video settings do you guys normally use if my receiver will upscale the images?

thanks

Offline RJ Angeles

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #500 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM »
people say that it cant decode DTS and AAC so if i put the WD straight to my TV via HDMI and the file that im playing is DTS and AAC meaning walang sound na lalabas from my TV? and also if i connct it to a receiver may sound kaya na lalabas kahit DTS or AAC ang file na play ko?

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #501 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 05:43 AM »
Bakit pag digital and audio na nilagay ko sa settings ng WD ko walang sound. I am using a toslink cable from WD to my receiver.
Pag stereo option naman meron sound. Ano mali?

RJ - sa pagkakainyindi ko tama ang sinabi mo. Walang sound pag sa TV. Pag sa receiver naman kung meron docoder and AVR mo meron sound. but let's wait for the experts take on this.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline RJ Angeles

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 01:35 PM »
people say that it cant decode DTS and AAC so if i put the WD straight to my TV via HDMI and the file that im playing is DTS and AAC meaning walang sound na lalabas from my TV? and also if i connct it to a receiver may sound kaya na lalabas kahit DTS or AAC ang file na play ko?

mga sir na merong WD HD comments naman please im getting one on monday and naka order na ako :) hehhe sana included sya sa latest firmware update ng WD na kahit DTS sya or AAC eh may sound pa din na lalabas sa TV ko thanks

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 01:53 PM »
mga sir na merong WD HD comments naman please im getting one on monday and naka order na ako :) hehhe sana included sya sa latest firmware update ng WD na kahit DTS sya or AAC eh may sound pa din na lalabas sa TV ko thanks
yup wala pa sounds pag DTS file na nakakabit lang sa TV, still waiting for the firmware, pati sa eGreat ganun din
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline pooch

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 02:04 PM »
ang haba na ng thread na ito a ;D

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 02:06 PM »

you can try popcorn hour a110 sya lang yung may DTS license..may dts decoder na :)

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #506 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 02:34 PM »
I would really love to buy the popcorn 110 over the WD HD, my only drawback is its price. :D

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #507 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 02:39 PM »
you can try popcorn hour a110 sya lang yung may DTS license..may dts decoder na :)

Meron din DTS decoder ang KAIBOER K100/K200 NMT. Halos sinlaki din ng WDTV at mas mura kaysa POPCORN.

Offline edubaret

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 05:52 PM »
Mga bossing, can you help me?  I just got my wd tv hd media player two days ago.  kaso, while playing lord of the ring two towers nawala agad yun video in the beginning of the movie, kya wala nako makita though naririnig ko pa rin yun audio tuloy tuloy.  Anu kaya problema nito?  yung part lord of the ring 1 ok walang problema but yung two towers may prob.  Ganun din yung harry potter yung ibang series nawala yun video pero you can still hear the sound while its playing

question:  anu kaya problema nito yung video file or yung player?

edward

No. 

You will be happier with an HTPC.

Offline RJ Angeles

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM »
but if i put the WD directly to a receiver that can decode DTS and AAC will i get good sound quality?