Author Topic: The Dark Knight R3 (December 8, 2008)  (Read 32098 times)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
Re: The Dark Knight R3 (December 8, 2008)
« Reply #300 on: Jan 09, 2009 at 02:53 PM »
move forward already...that's all I'm saying

... Or don't read this particular thread. You don't have to click on it and no one is telling you to. We're free to talk about anything here as long as its related to the topic subject. Techdude hit the nail on the head. We're not endorsing piracy, but Warner -- a legitimate distributor -- is practically telling us it's ok to buy a bootleg copy of their original product.

Still talking about pirated copies here, I see. ;)

Guys, we get it already...PQ is bad. Okay, you're gonna get the 2-disc SE when it goes on sale @ P350...okay! The plastic Batpod is crappy...okay!...this is a great movie, as a lot have already said...but I guess for P350 only. ;) Is Warner gonna do anything about it? WALA! May conspiracy pa na tinago na ng Warner yung mga 2-Disc ed.? Baka naman naubos na...papano yung nagaantay mag-sale? ;)

That's why we're getting our money's worth...coz apparently, almost everybody's waiting to get new releases @ sale prices.

I want to be sensitive here...but guys, your endorsing pirated stuff in a legitimate (original) format forum...

May dts TDK mo!!! Astig!...pirated, but astig nonetheless!

Why so serious? ;D

Right on, dude. Right on  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2009 at 02:55 PM by Dan »

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #301 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM »
okay...I just thought we weren't allowed to discuss pirated material on the forums. But apparently, we are.

Maybe there's a site out there...pinoypirateddvd.com where we can discuss this in...what do you think MODs?
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 05:45 PM »
okay...I just thought we weren't allowed to discuss pirated material on the forums. But apparently, we are.

Maybe there's a site out there...pinoypirateddvd.com where we can discuss this in...what do you think MODs?

There's a "report to moderator" link at the bottom corner of the posts. And if you'll notice, there are only few instances where the "pirated" material is even mentioned. If it had "gotten out of hand" (don't ask me how to judge that), I'm sure the mods or someone else in here would speak up. You have to admit, the discussion of pirated materials only increased when you ranted about it.

Peace, dude  :) Nag-init lang ang ulo ko nung nakita ko last week yung post mo and I made an, admittedly, knee-jerk reaction. But to reiterate what I said, telling people to move on? In an internet message board? Really?  ;D

Offline El Zar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #303 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 06:57 PM »
At least you didn't hear it raspy a la Batman. ;D
My son does the raspy Batman voice when he has tantrums.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Jan 12, 2009 at 08:27 PM »

Sigurado ka ala Batman? Di kaya exorcist?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline seph1018

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM »
There's a "report to moderator" link at the bottom corner of the posts. And if you'll notice, there are only few instances where the "pirated" material is even mentioned. If it had "gotten out of hand" (don't ask me how to judge that), I'm sure the mods or someone else in here would speak up. You have to admit, the discussion of pirated materials only increased when you ranted about it.

Peace, dude  :) Nag-init lang ang ulo ko nung nakita ko last week yung post mo and I made an, admittedly, knee-jerk reaction. But to reiterate what I said, telling people to move on? In an internet message board? Really?  ;D

I totally understand everybody's frustration over this release. Believe me, I'm as much frustrated as the next guy. Even more so because die-hard Bats fans, like me, feel even more cheated over this. All of us expected a lot from this release and have been let down by the powers that be.

Let's just respect the people who want to keep pinoydvd a "pirated DVD discussion" free forum, although it's a long shot because nobody here who is as addicted to DVDs as the lot of us here are, to resist to float to purchasing, talking or just plain looking at DVDs whether legitimate or illegitimate.

Peace brotherDan...and to everybody else. ;) last thing though, piracy is serious! ;D

My nephew does the same thing...but all he says is "I'm Batman" from the BB line which I taught him. And he's becoming a big Bats fan like his uncle. ;D

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:37 PM »
I totally understand everybody's frustration over this release. Believe me, I'm as much frustrated as the next guy. Even more so because die-hard Bats fans, like me, feel even more cheated over this. All of us expected a lot from this release and have been let down by the powers that be.

Let's just respect the people who want to keep pinoydvd a "pirated DVD discussion" free forum, although it's a long shot because nobody here who is as addicted to DVDs as the lot of us here are, to resist to float to purchasing, talking or just plain looking at DVDs whether legitimate or illegitimate.

Peace brotherDan...and to everybody else. ;) last thing though, piracy is serious! ;D

My nephew does the same thing...but all he says is "I'm Batman" from the BB line which I taught him. And he's becoming a big Bats fan like his uncle. ;D

Yes, but we can't totally ignore the fact that there are "dark forces"  ;D out there who are showing up Warner bros. release. I believe that any form of information, short of actively promoting those illegal products, should be welcome in some form -- albeit a restrained one for the benefit of the site's reputation as a legitimate forum for legitimate products.

I'm glad we're clearing the air, bro. The Dark Knight lang 'yan. Pangit na nga ang produkto, pag-aawayan pa natin...  ;)

Offline seph1018

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM »
I'm glad we're clearing the air, bro. The Dark Knight lang 'yan. Pangit na nga ang produkto, pag-aawayan pa natin...  ;)

agreed...hirap talaga ko bro sa TDK DVD bro...nakakaiyak! ;D Blu na talaga sagot... ;)

On another note, Heath Ledger has been getting majority if not all the awards he's nominated for playing the Joker. How I just wish the movie was also nominated in some of them. Well, the Oscar ballots are due today, expect results in 10days. Long shot? Obviously...but a nod would be enough...c'mon Oscars
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM by seph1018 »

Offline El Zar

• DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 03:03 PM »
Sigurado ka ala Batman? Di kaya exorcist?  ;D ;D ;D

Kung mahilig manood ang dark forces ng spongebob, yes ;D
"I want to watch spongebob now!"

On topic: If Heath wins big, expect more DVD sales.

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #309 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 08:34 AM »
or a new version release  ;D

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 01:32 PM »
Based on their Batman Begins limited edition re-release, expect this to just have an extra disc and some goodies. If it's the DVD, the movie itself won't have any changes. Which means it'll still have the VCD quality encoding.

Slightly off topic: If it weren't for Slumdog Millionaire, I'd be rooting for The Dark Knight come Oscar time. But after seeing Slumdog, I'd be first to admit they deserve every Oscar thrown their way. It'll be a crime if they don't get a majority of the Oscar noms.

Offline El Zar

• DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 06:44 PM »
Peter Travers of rollingstone liked Dark Knight but he doesn't agree with the majority of the Golden Globe choices...

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #312 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 08:25 PM »
I think Slumdog is on a roll, and unlike Brokeback Mountain, I think it will upset both Wall.E and TDK.  Everyone loves an underdog, although after the Golden Globe, it's sort of becoming the top dog...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 11:54 PM »
I think it will upset both Wall.E

I don't think Wall-E, critically adored as it is, is in contention for Best Picture for the simple reason that there's a separate category for animation. This issue has been raised in the past by Oscar followers because no matter how Best Picture-worthy an animated film is (such as Pixar gems The Incredibles and Ratatouille), they will automatically be relegated to the Best Feature Length Animation category. And you can't nominate an animated movie in the Best Picture category and at the same time include it in the animation category because obviously it should win in the latter.

Offline blacksun

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM »
Guys is TDK R3 dvd really that bad?in terms of PQ?compared to ironman and incredible hulk?can't decide if I will purchase one cause i red alotof bad reviews about it.. help guys!thanks! ;D

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM »
I don't think Wall-E, critically adored as it is, is in contention for Best Picture for the simple reason that there's a separate category for animation. This issue has been raised in the past by Oscar followers because no matter how Best Picture-worthy an animated film is (such as Pixar gems The Incredibles and Ratatouille), they will automatically be relegated to the Best Feature Length Animation category. And you can't nominate an animated movie in the Best Picture category and at the same time include it in the animation category because obviously it should win in the latter.

Wasn't Alladin (or was it Beauty and the Beast) the first animated film to ever be nominated for in the Oscar Best Picture category? And that's why they created the Best Animated Feature category in succeeding years?

Guys is TDK R3 dvd really that bad?in terms of PQ?compared to ironman and incredible hulk?can't decide if I will purchase one cause i red alotof bad reviews about it.. help guys!thanks! ;D

Compared to Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk PQ, it's bad. But if you're not that picky and are only using a 19-29 inch CRT television, it's kinda ok. Else, go buy the VCD version first then decide.

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #316 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM »
im quite sure it was beauty and the beast that got the first nod as bp nominee.

and pardon my ignorance,  ano ba ibig sabihin talaga CRT?  standard tv alam ko e.

Offline maidenmasher69

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 01:01 PM »

and pardon my ignorance,  ano ba ibig sabihin talaga CRT?  standard tv alam ko e.

CRT - Cathode Ray Tube

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #318 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 02:02 PM »

Save your money my friend... It is not worth it,...

I'd suggest you'd wait for a HUGE price cut on the TDK...

Cheers..

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 02:39 PM »

Like what maidenmasher69 said. A standard TV is also known as a CRT TV. Yung mataba tapos may scanlines pa sa screen  ;D Tapos, nagfli-flicker pa 'yung screen kapag mabilis 'yung transition ng mga scene o di kaya biglang lumiliwanag.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009 at 02:40 PM by Dan »

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #320 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 03:59 PM »
salamat po for the heads up.  im not much of a techie e kaya as ive said, ang alam ko lang standard tv. :-[

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 04:28 PM »
Wasn't Alladin (or was it Beauty and the Beast) the first animated film to ever be nominated for in the Oscar Best Picture category? And that's why they created the Best Animated Feature category in succeeding years?

It was Beauty and the Beast, back in '92 or '93, I think. The Best Feature Length Animated Feature category was introduced, I think in 2001 or 2002, wherein Shrek was the first recipient (beating Monsters, Inc.).

I think the category was introduced because of the increasing popularity of the medium brought about by developments in computer technology. Prior to Toy Story (the first full length CGI movie, I believe), Disney had virtual monopoly of producing feature length animation. But thanks to computers, more studios are churning out animated movies.

While it was obviously the intention of the Academy to recognize efforts in the field of animation, the creation of this category has completely obliterated an animated movie's chances of winning as Best Picture.

Offline blacksun

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 05:37 PM »
Thanks guys for your insights about TDK R3 DVD.I think I'll pass on this one. ;D

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #323 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 03:02 AM »

try this site.

http://sergiogr8.proboards83.com/index.cgi?action=login
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline metaura

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 04:57 AM »
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009 at 04:59 AM by metaura »
Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts

Offline casanegro

• Collector
  • "Manos", The Hands of Fate
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM by casanegro »

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #326 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 02:50 PM »

Mmmm...i think it's the joker's weapon of choice ;D
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline casanegro

• Collector
  • "Manos", The Hands of Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 04:09 PM »
Dapat yun na lang included sa giftset instead of the batpod  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009 at 04:09 PM by casanegro »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 07:18 PM »
haloo, tutal tdK pinaguusapan dito

pde ba paship nang knifes sa jac galing amazon?

eto sana gusto ko hehehe
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ELUC3Y/ref=s9subs_c1_200_at1-rfc_g1_si1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0VY2FHB0FECGAP2G2FG9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383351&pf_rd_i=507846 

You could probably find a similar knife locally in Hahn stores.

Offline metaura

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 04:44 AM »
sna nga meron sa hahn. Cge ttngn thank you po. Joker(tdk) rules ;)
Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts