Author Topic: UAAP Season 72 in HDTV (???)  (Read 694 times)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
UAAP Season 72 in HDTV (???)
« on: Jul 09, 2009 at 08:52 AM »
I just read in the Inquirer that Studio 23 (ABS CBN) will be broadcasting this coming UAAP season in HD? It was also written that the HD broadcast begins this Saturday with the 72nd UAAP season opening ceremonies and games.

Diba kailangan ng decoder (for the digital reception) and siyempre HDTV to be able to do this? Or does this mean this (HD TV broadcast) will only be available to subscribers of Cignal and Sky since they are the ones who are broadcasting HD.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: UAAP Season 72 in HDTV (???)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 04:33 PM »
Those who subsribed with Sky HD, hows the reception with the UAAP game?
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: UAAP Season 72 in HDTV (???)
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2009 at 04:10 AM »
I just read in the Inquirer that Studio 23 (ABS CBN) will be broadcasting this coming UAAP season in HD? It was also written that the HD broadcast begins this Saturday with the 72nd UAAP season opening ceremonies and games.

Diba kailangan ng decoder (for the digital reception) and siyempre HDTV to be able to do this? Or does this mean this (HD TV broadcast) will only be available to subscribers of Cignal and Sky since they are the ones who are broadcasting HD.

You need an HDTV and appropriate decoder box from Sky. Will not be available to Cignal (unless PLDT comes to terms with ABS CBN for HDTV carriage allows it)
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 at 04:15 AM by viper »