Author Topic: 100  (Read 2042 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« on: Nov 30, 2008 at 07:27 PM »
Finally it hits theatres starting December 3. Laugh and cry with this film!

'100' chronicles the last three months of a cancer patient, Joyce (Mylene Dizon), who has a list of things to do before she passes away. Her list of tasks, mostly practical undertakings and closures, expands to the worldly and spiritual as she shares her last days with her bestfriend, Ruby (Eugene Domingo), her mother (Tessie Tomas) and the people around her.

With an unbelievably endearing appeal to the audience, this comedy-drama film guarantees 100% satisfaction. It presents to its audience a light, youthful – even humorous take on a classic subject while never failing to tug at hearts and making the viewers reach for their hankies. Filled with hilarious and touching moments, 100 boasts of stunning performances from Mylene, Eugene, Tessie and the rest of its cast.

Movie Highlights: From Shooting in Hong Kong to Skinny Dipping in Bolinao

The film is shot in different locations in the Philippines and even abroad: the white-sand beaches of Bolinao, the miraculous shrine of Manaoag, the majestic Mt. Pinatubo crater and the tourist attractions of Hong Kong.

100’s much talked-about scenes include a skinny dipping scene where the three actresses strip down while running to the ocean, a trip to the best sites of Hong Kong and the opening and closing scenes shot in the breathtaking crater of Mount Pinatubo.

Cinemalaya’s Biggest Winner

100 bagged 5 major awards in the 2008 Cinemalaya Film Festival. It won Best Director and Best Screenplay (Chris Martinez), Best Actress (Mylene Dizon), Best Supporting Actress (Eugene Domingo) and the Audience Choice Award. A genuine crowd-pleaser, the film touched the hearts of its festival audience and earned the nods of the Jury composed of international and local film experts: Max Tessier of Cannes Film Festival, Ansgar Vogt of Berlin International Film Festival, Kim Ji Seok of Pusan International Film Festival, actor Cesar Montano and film critic Lito Zulueta.

Audience Favorite in Pusan, Korea

100 went on to its international premiere in Pusan International Film Festival, competing in the main section of what is touted as the “Sundance of Asia”. In just a minute of announcing its advanced ticket sales, 100’s screenings in Pusan were sold out. It played to a Korean audience successfully – sobs and laughter were heard throughout its screening, pleasing more audiences in its first venture abroad. Aside from earning rave reviews from the critics, 100 was awarded the KNN Movie Award, 100’s 2nd audience choice award. KNN or Korea New Network awarded the film a trophy and a US$ 10,000 cash prize – further proof that 100’s touching story has universal appeal even to foreigners.

In Competition at Marrakech

This November, 100 competes at the Marrakech International Film Festival in Morocco. The head of the Jury is no less than Oscar winning director Barry Levinson who directed Hollywood masterpieces such as Rain Man, Bugsy and Good Morning, Vietnam.

'100' hits theaters on December 3, 2008. It will be screened at the following cinemas: SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, Robinsons Ermita, Robinsons Galleria, and Glorietta.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2008 at 11:47 AM by keating »

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: 100
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 11:54 AM »
Hmm. 100 sounds like The Bucket List.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 12:15 PM »
This film was made before THE BUCKET LIST came out. Nauna pa din tayo. And this was attested by Chris Martinez, himself.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 12:37 PM »
Hmm. 100 sounds like The Bucket List.

i was supposed to say this but ..

This film was made before THE BUCKET LIST came out. Nauna pa din tayo. And this was attested by Chris Martinez, himself.

confirmed info?
ninjababez online ..

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 12:41 PM »
I've seen both films. 100 is more profound and deep, grabs you and linger after you've seen it.

Yep confirmed info from Chris Martinez himself. And he knows that this will be compared to THE BUCKET LIST.

Sana marami manood kahit wala DTS.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2008 at 01:00 PM by keating »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 12:59 PM »
I've seen both films. 100 is more profound and deep, grabs you and linger after you've seen it.
Yep confirmed info from Chris Martinez himself. And he knows that this will be compared to THE BUCKET LIST.
a good date movie .. :)
ill ask my gf first if she already saw the bucket list ..  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 03:24 PM »
100 is a million times better than The Bucket List. The Bucket List costs a million times more than 100. Hollywood wastes the world's resources. Fallible logic, but it's just nice to say.

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1227
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 03:40 PM »
Have also seen both movies & agree that 100 is much much better than The Bucket List.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2008 at 03:40 PM by jas »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 11:36 AM »

Sana marami manood kahit wala DTS;D
im just disappointed with this ..  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 06:54 PM »
Mylene is so terrific in 100. Shoo-in already for the acting derby next year and definitely will clash with Judy Ann Santos in PLONING.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 09:56 PM »
Saw this today. Wow! I can't believe I'm no longer immune to dramatic movies. This movie is so moving. I almost cried. I wish I could see more Pinoy movies like this.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 11:17 AM »
The new poster is so crap parang STEEL MAGNOLIAS ang dating.  >:(
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2008 at 11:32 AM by keating »