Author Topic: Polk Audio TSi series - Outstanding Performance, Amazing Value  (Read 69748 times)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Polk Audio TSi series - Outstanding Performance, Amazing Value
« Reply #240 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 02:28 PM »
Thanks Sir Stagea. Have a few classic orchestra music and will also listen to them with the TSi.  :)

Listen to Diana Krall albums, you'll be amazed sir....
Walang Setup

Offline jepoy22

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #241 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 06:43 AM »
q: i'm just starting to build my HT, and due to budget constraints, i'm considering a 2.1 setup.
Based on some feedback, i'm looking at the TSI200 for this, and maybe a PSW10...I still don't know which receiver to use...i'm looking to have this setup for a 3-4 years in my room, afterwards i'll purchase new fronts and relegate the TSI200 as surrounds.. i would also be watching from my laptop..
should i just get a stereo receiver for this? (i'm kinda resistant to the upgrade poison [if i don't want to continuesly have fights with my gf :D] , so i guess i will really stick to this setup)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2011 at 03:25 PM »
The Polk Audio TSi Series raises the standard for great sounding speakers that also offers incomparable value.
They produce sound that's open, spacious and clear, even when driven by modestly powered amplifiers and receivers.
The new TSi Series is a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. The TSi Series boasts a stylish look that complements today's flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes, piano black top plates and pewter trim rings. Built for value and sound quality, the TSi Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.

TSi 500

TSi 400

TSi 300

TSi 200

TSi 100

CS20

CS10

The Polk Audio TSi series are available at the following stores:
The Home Theater - Tel 813-8443
Sights and Sounds - Tel 634-1789
Acoustic Dimension - Tel 756-1579
Audible Illusions - Tel 374-3620
HiFi Lounge - Tel 8428133
Theater Works - Tel 901-3975

The Polk Audio TSi speakers are affordable and sound amazing.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Jun 26, 2011 at 04:09 PM »
The Polk Audio TSi Series raises the standard for great sounding speakers that also offers incomparable value.
They produce sound that's open, spacious and clear, even when driven by modestly powered amplifiers and receivers.
The new TSi Series is a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. The TSi Series boasts a stylish look that complements today's flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes, piano black top plates and pewter trim rings. Built for value and sound quality, the TSi Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.

TSi 500

TSi 400

TSi 300

TSi 200

TSi 100

CS20

CS10

Offline fitdynamite

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Like us on Facebook. dragonflyprintshop
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM »
Thanks Sir @Courage!
Yup, I have a small tv area/room lang in my condo so I plan on getting A4 center lang. Will keep this as my main setup for about 3-4 years before we move to a house.
The RTi's are really attractive because they won't take up that much space.
But if I go the TSi route, I'll have a complete Polk system.

What AVR did you get? I'm considering the new Onkyo 509.

Why is Sunday afternoon so far away!? Hahahaha

Sir ask ko lang hows your onkyo 509?
Ok ba sound niya sa music & movi?
Guys help nmn ano best receiver for my set-up?movi & music
Room sze: 3.5x5m
Tsi400 fr
Cs20 c
Owm3 sr
Psw110 sub
Ok ba denon 1912? Yamaha 667? Or onkyo 609?
TIA

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #245 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 06:53 PM »
Hey bro! Here's my take on the 509..
MOVIES:
The Onkyo is great for movies!
Really Dynamic sound and crisp and clear vocals. Easy to setup Audyssey.
MUSIC:
Not so. Bitin. I favor warm and dreamy vocals because I listen to a lot of Jazz and Acoustic Music. (Now with the addition of Classical for my baby girl).. hehe..

My current setup:
LR: Polk Audio RTi A3
C: Polk Audio A6
RL RR: Polk Audio OWM3
Sub: PSW 110

For movies: Onkyo 509 using audio passthrough from my S100.
For audio: Macbook Pro/ HP Laptop -> Dayton DAC -> Yaqin cd2 buffer -> Topping 60 Amp

Between the Onkyo 509 and 609, for me it's a matter of 5.1 vs 7.1.. Because they use the same Audyssey setup..
If I were given a chance again, I would get a 709 or 809 for the better Audyssey Calibration.. but I do not expect that much for music.. Better talaga to have a separate system for that..

HTH!

Offline fitdynamite

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Like us on Facebook. dragonflyprintshop
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM »
Hey bro! Here's my take on the 509..
MOVIES:
The Onkyo is great for movies!
Really Dynamic sound and crisp and clear vocals. Easy to setup Audyssey.
MUSIC:
Not so. Bitin. I favor warm and dreamy vocals because I listen to a lot of Jazz and Acoustic Music. (Now with the addition of Classical for my baby girl).. hehe..

My current setup:
LR: Polk Audio RTi A3
C: Polk Audio A6

Thanks you sir for the expert advise.!
Use ko muna 509 tapos il look amp and tube for music.

RL RR: Polk Audio OWM3
Sub: PSW 110

For movies: Onkyo 509 using audio passthrough from my S100.
For audio: Macbook Pro/ HP Laptop -> Dayton DAC -> Yaqin cd2 buffer -> Topping 60 Amp

Between the Onkyo 509 and 609, for me it's a matter of 5.1 vs 7.1.. Because they use the same Audyssey setup..
If I were given a chance again, I would get a 709 or 809 for the better Audyssey Calibration.. but I do not expect that much for music.. Better talaga to have a separate system for that..

HTH!

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 11:35 AM »

TSi 500

TSi 400

TSi 300

TSi 200

TSi 100

CS20

CS10

Offline scroombroo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 04:38 PM »
hello sir, can you please PM me prices of the TSi series? thanks so much

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM »
Tagal na pala sa markket itong TSi Series ng polks. Looking forward to complete my Tsi Series 5.1 HT set-up this December. Kulang nalang is yung fronts and surrounds. San kaya best deal ng Tsi400? hehe. This is my first HT and so far, im very satisfied with the sound of Polks. :)

Offline bry_borja

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 07:36 PM »
mga sirs,

Pa pm po ng spot cash prices ng subs that would compliment the tsi series. i was thinking of the following:

psw110
psw125
DSW Pro 550

But if you have other models and other brands please include them as well. Budget is around 25k...

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Dec 08, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
Was at MLY yesterday afternoon. Chillax lang ako dapat pero in the end bitbit ko na yun TSi200, the CS10 and TSi100 to follow hopefully tomorrow. Had the chance to listen to the LSi bookshelf. Buti nalang paid na yun fronts ko kundi baka yun ang kinuha ko...in 5 yrs...hahahahahaha!!! The LSi bookshelf is purely awesome...no sub connected but the drums/orchestra seems right there in front of you. Thanks Marc go easy on the donuts... hahahahaha. Can't wait to complete my upgrade.

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 02:04 PM »
These are really efficient speakers and they sound great even at low to moderate level. I had to turn up my sub-woofer for it to keep pace these babies. Finally got my CS10. Thank you Mark and to your team for their patience. :)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Dec 11, 2011 at 12:17 AM »
These are really efficient speakers and they sound great even at low to moderate level. I had to turn up my sub-woofer for it to keep pace these babies. Finally got my CS10. Thank you Mark and to your team for their patience. :)

Thanks for the purchase. Enjoy! :)

Offline louie928

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Jan 31, 2012 at 02:47 PM »
mga sirs,
okey ba itong tsi400 to be partnered w/ NAD 326 or 356 for stereo set up? ...for all types of music? ...no time to audition.. wala kasi sa laguna...
salamat

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Feb 01, 2012 at 11:29 AM »
mga sirs,
okey ba itong tsi400 to be partnered w/ NAD 326 or 356 for stereo set up? ...for all types of music? ...no time to audition.. wala kasi sa laguna...
salamat

Thats a good set up, the Polk audio TSi400 sounds great with music.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 01:50 PM »

TSi 500

TSi 400

TSi 300

TSi 200

TSi 100

CS20

CS10

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 01:35 PM »
Recently upgraded my speakers from Wharfes to Polks. I already have new TSI 400 fronts and CS20 center powered by my trusty onkyo 609 and 2 velodyne impact 12 subs. In completing my 7.2 set up i have been looking at the following choices for the rears:

4 TSI 100's plus i'll just buy speaker stands (17,000 + 5000 for the stands, 22k total) or
2 TSI 100's plus 2 OMW3 (17,000 + 2500, 19,500.00 totaL) or
2 TSI 200's and 2 TSI 100's plus speaker stands (21,000 + 5000 for the stands 26k total) or
2 TSI 300 plus 2 TSI 100 plus speaker stands (16,500 + 8,500.00 + 2,5000, 27.5k total) or
2 TSI 300 plus 2 OMW3 (16,500 + 8,500.00, 25k total)

I have a dedicated HT room at around 22-24 sq.m. Iniisip ko lang kasi the amount of the bookshelves plus the stands is almost the same as the floor standers that is why I considered also another floorstander for my side surrounds. Also planning to upgrade my amp in the near future, maybe an onkyo 809....

If you had this problem which will you choose as the surrounds, budget is within all the options I just want a value for money set up and surrounds to match well with my fronts and center...

Is the upgrade to floostanders as surrounds with the small difference in price worth the extra power of the speakers and or will the bookshelves be fine just using as surrounds...

Your opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance mga gurus...
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM »
I've a 7.1 + presence speakers using a RM95 set (the center unused) with RTi A3s doing the surround back.  I'll be going back to a 5.1 setup with a FXi A6 set for the effects.  The RM95 will go upstairs.  IHMO, 7.1, or even 7.1 + presence speakers, don't really seem to add much.

So my recommendation is you get, at most, bookshelf speakers for your effects speakers and save the difference towards buying a good sub which you don't seem to have yet.  A good sub is a must for HT, IMHO.

Cheers.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM »
I've a 7.1 + presence speakers using a RM95 set (the center unused) with RTi A3s doing the surround back.  I'll be going back to a 5.1 setup with a FXi A6 set for the effects.  The RM95 will go upstairs.  IHMO, 7.1, or even 7.1 + presence speakers, don't really seem to add much.

So my recommendation is you get, at most, bookshelf speakers for your effects speakers and save the difference towards buying a good sub which you don't seem to have yet.  A good sub is a must for HT, IMHO.

Cheers.

Thank you sir for the feedback and rest assured that i will consider your inputs... yes it seems im leaning at the bookshelves too...

oh sorry I forgot to mention in the post... i have 2 velodyne impact 12 as my subs which i think is more than enough with the set up... maybe i'lll just make do with what i save and use it to fund my upgrade from the onkyo 608 to a 809... thanks again

how about the fxi-a4 do you think it will be a good pair for my TSI's for surrounds even though they are of different series and would timber matching be an issue with this...
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM by wacksy1021 »

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Feb 22, 2012 at 07:36 PM »
Thank you sir for the feedback and rest assured that i will consider your inputs... yes it seems im leaning at the bookshelves too...

oh sorry I forgot to mention in the post... i have 2 velodyne impact 12 as my subs which i think is more than enough with the set up... maybe i'lll just make do with what i save and use it to fund my upgrade from the onkyo 608 to a 809... thanks again

how about the fxi-a4 do you think it will be a good pair for my TSI's for surrounds even though they are of different series and would timber matching be an issue with this...

The Polk Audio FXi A4 will match well with the TSi series.

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Feb 24, 2012 at 07:26 AM »

I don't think I've heard the TSi series yet so I can't comment.  I did just get a FXi A6 set and am very happy with their sound, actually they perform far better than I had expected.  
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2012 at 08:57 PM by lncc63 »
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline drachx

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Feb 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM »
Polk m10 vs tsi100

Is there a big difference?  aside from price 3k din kasi...

thanks

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM »
Check out the review of the Polk Audio CS10:

http://www.centerchannelspeakerpros.com/the-polk-audio-cs10-center-channel-speaker-review-no-complaints/

The Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker Review – No Complaints

The Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker might be the perfect addition to your small home entertainment system. The unique sloped design of the cabinet really enhances the overall sound quality. You can select from two different colors of the outside of the cabinet, depending on the decor of your room.

Polk Audio has made a huge name for itself in the world of home audio sound and the CS10 Center Channel Speaker is one of their best quality speaker. When paired with their TSi Series speakers the resulting sound is second to none in their price range. The CS10 is the smaller of the two center channel speakers in Polk Audio’s stable, the bigger brother being the TSI CS20, but the CS10 is very capable of delivering the goods when it comes to sound performance.

Polk Audio proved that bigger is not always better, especially in home audio. The compact size and unique sloped shape of the speaker box allows the CS10 to blow away its competition in its price range. The superior sound is generated inside the speaker box thanks to the MDF or Medium Density Fiberboard, reinforced by ¾ inch baffles. You see, many of the lesser quality speakers boxes are made from a much flimsier particle board which robs the speaker of sound quality.

The awesome sound coming from this center channel speaker is created by the dual 5 ¼  inch organic fibre cone woofer and 1 inch Dynamic Balance silk dome tweeter. It will handle all that your receiver can pump out to it and that includes being able to handle between 20 – 125 watts of power. To ensure that the speaker does not damage your TV, they made sure that it is fully shielded.

We discovered more than 150 consumer reviews posted online for the Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker and it received 4.8 stars out of a possible 5.0 stars. Along with the ratings it also received really glowing comments. Several of the reviewers put the CS10 up against several of the higher end center speakers from Bose, Boston Acoustics and in their opinion it definitely held its own in sound quality.

Another person thought that paired with the Polk Audio TSi 200 bookshelf speakers makes an awesome home theater system. Several other reviewers were absolutely blown away by the quality of sound, especially when it comes to musical playback as part of home theater system. We were not able to find a single consumer that posted a negative comment or give it a lower than 3 out of 5 stars.

In the end, If you are on a budget and have a small to medium sized system you really can’t wrong with adding the Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker to your current home theater system. We would highly recommend it.

Polk CS10 Key Features:

Unique sloped shape
MDF construction speaker box
Removable grill cover
Available in Black and Cherry finish
125 watts of power capacity
Pros -
Clean and clear sound
power handling
Compact size and sloped design
Durable materials used for speaker frame
Cons -
It is a little tall
works best with other polk speakers

Offline bentotz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 09:41 PM »
Hi, newbie here and i'm just starting to build my ht 5.1 setup. Last week i bought onkyo 414 and tsi 300.

Any suggestions on what to partner with this setup? 65/35 music/movies. For 32 sqm studio unit.
Which options below should i choose?
A.
1. Fxia4 - rear
2. Cs20 - center
3. Psw111- sub
B.
1. Tsi 200 - rear
2. Cs 20 - center
3. Psw110 - sub
C. If nagkulang budget
1. Tsi 100
2. Cs10
3. Psw110

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #265 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM »
cs20 for the center
surr get omw3

get a different sub ...not polk...hihi

Love me or hate me.....

Offline bentotz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM »
cs20 for the center
surr get omw3

Thanks for the suggesstion. Anong subs ang pwede ko icheck?

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Jul 21, 2012 at 09:00 AM »
cs20 for the center
surr get omw3

Actually the Polk Audio subs are very good. If your own a budget go for the psw111 (8 inch), psw 110 (10 inch) or psw125 (12 inch). However if you can spend a little more money, consider the dsw pro 550 or dsw pro 660.

Offline bentotz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 04:20 PM »
thanks for the input sir sanjay..

Offline Ethan27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 01:26 PM »
Hi Sir Sanjay,

Which would you recommend as front speakers – TSI300 or TSI200? I see that the drivers are the same. Is there a difference in sound or is the housing the only difference? My room is around 21 sqm. I'm planning to get TSI100 for my rear speakers.

thanks!