Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 267941 times)

Offline v0elker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Marantz Receivers
« on: Nov 29, 2002 at 04:18 PM »
available na ba dyan sa pinas yung new models ng marantz a/v receivers? what's the feedback on the 5200/6200/7200 series? im considering the above models because they've recently become available here in singapore. im still waiting for the new nad receivers but if wont be available this year, i just might go for the new receivers from marantz.

thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2003 at 10:15 PM by levi »

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
marantz receivers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2003 at 06:01 PM »
Just a bunch of questions regarding marantz...

is the SRx300 series already available in manila?
can the SR5200 decode DTS-ES discrete? From their website it states DTS-ES compatible. I'm not sure if its the same. Yamaha said the same thing and its only matrix.
where can i get my hands on them(and for how much)?

any comments on their performance?

Thanks again..

konti na lang.... mabubuo na HT ko.... ;D

Offline audio_tyro

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:marantz receivers
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2003 at 03:19 PM »
I've been warned that Marantz SR5200 sirain daw. So many friends from Singapore told me about it. It's made in Korea kasi. But it performs well ha? Rated 5 stars ata by HiFi-Choice. So if you really want to buy one, make sure you buy locally, and they have a warranty. Pala wala ka plobema, okay?

Good luck and happy listening.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Marantz SR-4300 6.1 AV Receiver
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2003 at 09:40 PM »
hi fellow members!

please post your comments on this receiver...

i had the privilege of auditioning the Marantz SR-4300 6.1 AV Receiver at THE HOME THEATER (c/o sonny tuazon)...was amazed at how it performed...and a BIG BANG FOR YOUR BUCK...can rival even the 1803 or the 2802 for as long as you have good performing speakers...the B&W 601 series bookshelf speakers (which are uitre difficult to drive) performed well with this receiver...i'm sure even the dynaudios will match with the Marantz...i'm looking forward to audition the SR-5300 and SR-6300...

for the best price for these receivers...contact sonny tuazon at THE HOME THEATER (tel. no. 8125235) or the tube guru MR. RENE RIVO (tel. no. 832-5710)

post your comments/reviews/experience on the SR-4300...thanks! 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2003 at 12:54 PM by Superman »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re:Marantz Receivers
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2003 at 10:37 PM »
Diba these models of Marantz do not have component video in/out and phono ins?

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 12:55 PM »
i agree with you that it sounds great great.  fact is i am already referring this receiver to my friends who are starting/upgrading their home theater.  it is the most affordable receiver with ex and es, digital ins and outs and 6-channel preouts.  the construction of this hardware reminds of onkyo, sturdy and masculine.  To me it is more like a tank.  The sound quality of the 4300 rivals the sound of harman kardon 2550.  its predecessor, 4200, has been appraised by many because of its sweet sound. i think the 4300 is almost the same with 4200 except that it has more features.  highly recommended to the future-conscious people who are afraid of obsolescence.  with this receiver being at the heart of your set-up, you can't go wrong with it.

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2003 at 01:10 PM »
Just bought the SR4300 from Sonny Tuazon.

Can't believed this receiver is price that low!!

the font panel finish is far better than other brands of similar price range.

yup, wala nga siyang phono input and component video in/out. but for its price and HT features, OK  na siya.  :)

i just connected my DVD component out direct to my TV.

the power output is enough for my small room.

it lacks the punch compared to my  previous receiver (Pioneer VSX-D908TX) but, of course,  they are not of the same price level.

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2003 at 12:25 AM »
what speakers pair up nicely with Marantz?

i'm speaking of low to mid end quality ala Wharf or Mission...

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2003 at 08:11 AM »
my marantz sr4200 ws able to drive wharfedale diamonds with 86 dB sensitivity, so I think the missions should work well with the marantz if you prefer them :)

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2003 at 10:25 AM »
no problems with my marantz - mission set up  ;D
money is best spent

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2003 at 01:18 PM »
would it fit well with bose speakers?

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2003 at 01:24 PM »
kayang kaya yang bose  :)

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2003 at 05:19 PM »
thanks, the 5300 sounds interesting... :)

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2003 at 01:00 AM »
i was thinking of either changing my rxv-430 or my wharf set.... fortunately, i dont have the money to spend. hehehe... i must learn to be content with the setup... hehehe...

still looking for a replacement tv... its been more than 2 months.

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2003 at 08:35 AM »
LoBudget,

Pardon my asking but why do you want to change your setup?  What is it that you find lacking with the yamaha AVR?  I'm planning to get an entry level AVR and really want to get a good deal.  Have no plans of upgrading in the future kaya gusto ko yung sulit na.

Thanks!

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2003 at 04:54 PM »
Hey obey!

For a few hundred pesos more you get 6.1 decoding (EX and ES) along with more power per channel. You should audition the RX-V430 and the SR4300 side-by-side using the speakers you want to pair with them to see the difference.

I did and it was "no contest".

:)

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 12:35 AM »
Kings,

Thanks sa advice!  I'm new to ht setups and am planning to get an entry level avr.  Gusto ko yung madami na features para di naman masyadong maluma o malaos agad in the next 3 to 5 years.  Di naman kasi ako yung upgrading type unless masira yung equipment.  Will also try to look into the marantz receiver.

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 01:16 AM »
obey

same reason as was given by kings. its not really with the 430 i want to change, i want to change the speakers. i actually wanted to get some mission speakers, but my budget would not allow it...

although i dont really regret getting my setup, since i dont really hear the difference that much. the yamaha is still considered here as the best for movies (last i checked the forums). as far as the speakers, many say that the wharfs are lacking, but they're really the bargain for entry level. i do find the bass rather bitin, but that's what i have a sub for.

my advice is to audition both or get higher models, like the 630 or the 5300, then get custom speakers from Nivrblkr and company. they have great reviews and i'm sure the price will be more appealing to your budget. the bonus is they can tweak the speakers to your liking while maximizing the potential of the reciever.

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 01:49 PM »
Kings,

Thanks sa advice!  I'm new to ht setups and am planning to get an entry level avr.  Gusto ko yung madami na features para di naman masyadong maluma o malaos agad in the next 3 to 5 years.  Di naman kasi ako yung upgrading type unless masira yung equipment.  Will also try to look into the marantz receiver.

obey,

why don't you visit the home theater of sonny tuazon (if you are in the makati area). i'm sure he will gladly let you audition his stuff. :) :)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 02:09 PM »
Kings,

Kumusta Marantz SR4300 mo? I almost bought the SR6300 kay sonny kaya lang change my mind to the last minute and bought the Denon 1803 instead. Post mo review mo sa Marantz SR4300 daming member na interested sa Marantz eh ;)
Walang Setup

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • No One Gets Left Behind, Rangers Lead the Way
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 04:05 PM »
Brothers,

How much ba ang price difference ng 4300 sa 5300 and what added features are there in the 5300?

Thanks.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 04:09 PM »
5300 is 10 more watts powerful than 4300, plus more digital inputs and 192 Dac, the 4300 has only 94 DAC
Walang Setup

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 05:04 PM »
Thanks Courage. I think that this 5300 will be a good buy. Now I'm still choosing bet. the Denon 1803 and this Marantz 5300...... esep... esep............

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 07:55 PM »
hey brother bullet!

just my 2-cents...if you have the extra cash, why not go for the marantz sr-6300...i can help you source for it for a very good price plus 1-year warranty...price difference between the 5300 and 6300 is around P8k but man, it's worth it...i've tried testing the marantz, 4300, 5300 and 6300...side by side with the denons...it was a "no contest"...honestly speaking, if i haven't purchased my NAD (which, of course is far better than the denons), i would have purchased the sr6300...but i'm still waiting for the sr9300 (the ultimate!!!)...if you want to audition, i'll ask mr. sonny tuazon of the home theater...you can send me sms at 0918-9284868...just don't forget to identify yourself...pare, take it from me...ANG GANDA NG TUNOG...both for audio and home theater...a great investment!!

thanks!

superman  8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2003 at 11:19 PM »
Wow! its so nice to see so many marantz fans. Noong binili ko yung SR5200 last year, virtually non existent ang mga marantz followers dito sa pinoydvd.

to me the marantz sound...beats yamaha, onkyo and denon...totoo yung sinabi nila..."When music matters"...yung HK lang ang medyo may panama...IMHO.

Not to be a kontrabida..pero nagkaproblema yung marantz ko last week..just in time before the warranty ran out. Yung on screen menu biglang naging garbage as in "*&^%$*@" parang minumura ako hehehe..
sabi sa service center may IC daw na bumigay... kukunin ko na siya this weekend...(pag na hanap ko yung warranty card ko..ngek nasaan na kaya yun??)

happy listening to you all marantz sound lovers..at dun sa mga nag isip isip..bili na!

Offline BuLLeT

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2003 at 12:38 AM »
Superman,

Thanks for the advise. I'll seriously consider it. I have up to 2nd week of April to decide. I sure will drop by to Mr. ST's place to give those a work out......hehehe.. ... lalo tuloy esep.. esep.......

Maybe we can hear more reviews from Marantz owners in the coming days.....

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2003 at 03:07 AM »
can someone post the lowest running price for the 4300, 5300 and 6300?

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2003 at 07:20 AM »
hey bro. lobudget!

in as much as i would want to post the lowest price, i can't...don't have the permission of the sellers...but the price range are:

sr4300   P 16.5k

sr5300   P 23.5k

sr6300   P 30.5k

the best people to contact is either SONNY TUAZON (THE HOME THEATER) or RENE RIVO (HYPERAUDIO)...guaranteed lowest price in the market today + excellent service  ;D

thanks! 8)

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Mar 19, 2003 at 08:03 AM »
Wow! its so nice to see so many marantz fans. Noong binili ko yung SR5200 last year, virtually non existent ang mga marantz followers dito sa pinoydvd.

to me the marantz sound...beats yamaha, onkyo and denon...totoo yung sinabi nila..."When music matters"...yung HK lang ang medyo may panama...IMHO.

Not to be a kontrabida..pero nagkaproblema yung marantz ko last week..just in time before the warranty ran out. Yung on screen menu biglang naging garbage as in "*&^%$*@" parang minumura ako hehehe..
sabi sa service center may IC daw na bumigay... kukunin ko na siya this weekend...(pag na hanap ko yung warranty card ko..ngek nasaan na kaya yun??)

happy listening to you all marantz sound lovers..at dun sa mga nag isip isip..bili na!

hi - saan ang service center ng marantz?
money is best spent

Offline hyperaudio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Mar 19, 2003 at 09:29 AM »
hey superman,
that's my lowest prices you posted there. thanks for the plug !