Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 269622 times)

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #1050 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:24 AM »
Hi mga Sirs! :)

Im not comparing them but can anyone give some insights in these amps that i've seen in a shop

Marantz PM-34 and Marantz 66SE also i've seen this Receiver SR-7400 and the new one SR6003.

salamat po..:)

Offline mak_mak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #1051 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 01:10 PM »
i think i saw a 4500 or 7500 sa 5th ave in shang edsa, where have you tried looking? i dont know if its scarce in the market because of its unpopularity or owners dont want to part with them, i myself have been lucky enough not to have any problem with my 7400 after more than 18months.  i hope you find your marantz.

absolutely right..
my 4500, 5500 and 8500 ..theyre soo good and sexy..dont want to let them go..

Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR
Primaluna Dialogue Premium PreAmp

Offline Gwenael

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1052 on: Nov 24, 2009 at 01:54 AM »
+1
mine is the lower model SR4400, 3+ years na and counting...,lucky enough not to encounter the same problem as reported on other x400 series

i read somewhere (avsforum i think) that if you really want to take full advantage of Marantz signature sound, use the analog connection. i tried it on my unit using a generic analog cable, instead of the usual digital cable. i'm just using a pioneer dvdp as transport....its just me, but mas maganda nga at mas lumakas pa tunog. my preferred listening level is usually -8 to -10db but with the analog cable -12db ang lakas na kumpara dati...kahit si kumander sabi mas gumanda daw tunog ;D i'm not an audiophile but i can hear the difference mas clear na iyong kalansing kesa dati at mas naging firm na iyon tunog ng bass at di overpowering o gawa lang ng bagong bili kong svs ni sir mikec kya ganun :D

pero kinakati na 'ko to upgrade to SR6003... ;)

This is my beloved Marantz SR6001. In my experience, this is one if not the best receiver i have owned. Sa mga nag-iisip mag-upgrade ngayong pasko... It's a must that you should audition this brand.
marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1053 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 03:14 AM »
Hi,
If anybody is looking for new marantz receivers, CD players and integrated amplifers, send me a PM and I will send you a price list.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1054 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
Check out the review of the Marantz SR6004 in www.hometheaterreview.com:

http://hometheaterreview.com/marantz-sr-6004-av-receiver-reviewed/

If anybody is interested in purchasing this amazing receiver, pls send me a PM.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1055 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 04:37 PM »
Marantz SR4003:

Want a full-featured surround sound receiver – one that brings you as close to the A/V experience as possible while still leaving your “rainy day” bank balance untouched?  A quick trip to your Marantz dealer will convince you that the SR4003 might be all you need.  With power, flexibility, and advanced features, it brings you all the performance you expect from Marantz.  And that’s quite a step above the ordinary, isn’t it?
New Cosmetics, based on the Reference Series
80 Watts x 7 Channels All Discrete Amplifier Stages
HDMI v1.3a Switching/ v1.1 Repeating: 3-In/1-Out
Multi-channel (7.1) LPCM via HDMI capability
M.R.A.C. Auto Calibration
S-Video to Component Video Up-Conversion
Direct-Set Volume and Tuner Preset Commands
Assignable Component Inputs x3
IR Flasher Input, Front Key Lock function
Learning/Backlit System Remote
Shallower Chassis <16”

Marantz SR5003

The SR5003 surround sound A/V receiver answers the needs of all but the most demanding audio- and videophiles. With more power and a formidable array of behind-the-front panel technologies, it equals separate components in capability and flexibility. And it’s the essence of Marantz – a unique amalgam of style and quality that automatically attracts the connoisseur.
Sophisticated new aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
High Bit Rate Audio capability: Dolby TrueHD, dts-HD Master Audio
HDMI v1.3a repeating (3 in/1 out)
Audyssey MultEQ
M-DAX for compressed audio
10bit Video converter to HDMI (interlaced to progressive and scaler)
Dual component video output
Analog and digital multi-zone outputs
In-line seven channel amplifiers/High definition audio design
New FL display
Updated backlit Learning remote controller
<16" Shallow chassis
Various control interfaces: RS-232C, Flasher-in, DC trigger
Multiple radio system (AM/FM/XM/SIRIUS)
Available Option Rack Mount Kit RMK6504SR

Marantz SR5004:

MX-Port for Option RX101 Bluetooth/IR Receiver
Dolby TrueHD/Pro Logic IIz, dts-HD Master Audio Decoder
Audyssey Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume and MultEQ Auto Calibration
Sophisticated aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
HDMI (v1.3) Repeating: 3-In/1-Out
Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Setup
GUI through HDMI out
90 watts (into 8 ohms) x 7 ch Amps
Analog, Digital Independent PWBs design to minimize mutual interference
Full 10 bit Video Processing
M-DAX(Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander)
2nd Zone Analog audio output (Individual source) w/discrete command
3rd Zone Digital audio output (for Digital input source)
SIRIUS & XM Ready with discrete IR commands
Bi-Amp Drive Capability for Front L/R
RS-232C, DC Trigger out, Flasher In and Marantz D-BUS (RC-5) In/Out
Learning Backlight system remote

Marantz SR6003:

From its sleek compound-curve front panel to the multiple control terminals, the SR6003 surround sound receiver contains a stunning array of technologies to increase your A/V enjoyment. Seven amplifier channels, each capable of delivering 100 continuous watts. Full HDMI 1.3 capability. A complete array of new processing technologies. The SR6003 demonstrates once again that Marantz leads the way to home entertainment.
HDMI v1.3a repeating (3 in/2 out)
Audyssey MultEQ
USB input for Audio playback
Simple color GUI
Dual HDMI and component video outputs
New FL display
Updated LCD backlit Learning remote controller
<16" Shallow chassis
Various control interfaces: RS-232C, Flasher in, DC trigger)

If anybody is interested in getting a brand new marantz receiver, send me a PM or text/ call me at 0917-5305851

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1056 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 04:41 PM »
Marantz SR6004:

The performance of separate components.  The convenience of a receiver.  The Marantz SR6004 delivers an astonishing array of features while adhering to our signature tradition of superior sound quality.  Where else can you get Bluetooth and four-in/two-out HDMI connectivity, an array of Audyssey technologies, 110 watts per channel, and the décor-pleasing cosmetics Marantz is justly famous for?  Here, of course!  The SR6004 exudes Marantz refinement.  Naturally.
What do you want in a surround sound receiver?  Power?  Connectivity?  Sophistication?  Easy operation?  Superb cosmetic design?  Why not opt for everything by choosing the Marantz SR6004?

Here, you’ll find access to all of your favorite sources.  Want the best image and sound from your favorite Blu-ray discs or a set-top box?  Let the SR6004’s extensive HDMI array open your eyes and ears.  With four inputs and two outputs (all 1.3 capable, by the way), you’ll enjoy audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio.  And see visual images as they were meant to be seen.

Want Sirius or XM satellite radio in addition to FM and AM?  Just add the optional module(s) and a subscription and you’re ready to go.

Want to use your iPod’s playlist for long-term enjoyment?  Just connect it to the front panel USB input.  Then you’ll hear and see all the files you’ve carefully collected.  You’ll also enjoy the fact that the USB input is perfectly happy with MP3, WMA, and WAV files from other portable devices, too.

You’ll find an RX101 Bluetooth adaptor included with your SR6004 so you can wirelessly enjoy files from any Bluetooth-enabled source.  Wait until you hear your iPhone and iTouch collections through your home theater system!  And the RX101 is an IR (infrared) sensor, too, so you can place all your components in a remote location and still maintain complete control.

If you’re concerned about compromised sound quality with compressed files, let our M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) circuit fill in the missing high frequency content for true-to-life fidelity.

Thanks in part to an advanced digital audio signal processor from Texas Instruments, the SR6004 brings you Dolby Pro Logic IIz with exciting height information so planes flying overhead actually sound as though they’re overhead!

You’ll also find a full array of Audyssey technologies to help you recreate the perfect entertainment environment.  Audyssey’s Dynamic Volume compensates for level differences as you switch from source to source.  It even takes the “annoyingly loud” out of commercials so they don’t overwhelm your ears.  Dynamic EQ maintains the original bass-to-treble tonal balance regardless of how loudly or softly you play your favorite music or movies.  Finally, MultiEQ automatically evens the frequency response of your room and speakers to let you enjoy a whole new level of clarity.

Enjoying all this through your main system is certainly fine but having the convenience of multi-zone operation is even better.  Here, the SR6004 gives you the option of second zone/second source output so you can enjoy a soundtrack in one room and a MP3 in another.  And you can select either mono or stereo for second zone listening.

Video capabilities may be even more exciting.  Thanks to a multi-purpose video processor from i-Chips Technology, the SR6004 easily converts composite or component video signals to digital while upscaling them to full 1080p definition for output via HDMI.  There’s also a component video output for a second zone and automatic Lip Sync so picture and sound arrive simultaneously at your favorite viewing/listening location.

A detachable AC cord, RS232C and IR flasher inputs, DC trigger outputs, an easily-placed  chassis that’s less than 16” deep, and Front Key Lock which inactivates all the front panel controls make the SR6004 a perfect candidate for custom installation.  The new hand-held remote controller features an LCD display, backlighting, and learning capability so you can use this remote for multi-brand systems.  And it’s been preprogrammed with BD (Blu-ray Disc) command codes for players by most major manufacturers.

Don’t forget the color GUI that lets you easily set up your receiver so you can enjoy all its capabilities.

Lest you think we’ve ignored the amplifier section, fear not!  The seven channel in-line design uses voltage feedback for reduced distortion.  A space-efficient and well regulated EI-core transformer pairs with an array of custom 20,000 microfarad capacitors to provide instantaneous current delivery when a demanding source calls for it.  Even the power supply devoted to HDMI and DSP circuits is a linear design that avoids the noise common to “switching” supplies.  HDMI circuits benefit from a phase lock loop (PLL) in the power supply for reduced jitter and even better  sound quality.  In addition, the analog audio circuitry sits on its own circuit board for maximum isolation.

It’s attention to details like this that distinguish Marantz from other brands.  Our 55+ year history demands no less.  And neither should you.

RX101 Bluetooth/IR Receiver included
Front USB audio input for iPod/iPhone digital connection or USB Memory
Sophisticated aluminum/reinforced resin front panel with Front door design for Clean Panel
HDMI (v1.3) Repeating: Four Inputs, Two Outputs
GUI through HDMI out
10% increased power, now 110 watts (into 8 ohms) x 7 ch Amps
Component Video output for 2nd Zone
Marantz Custom High Quality Block Capacitor
Full 10-bit Video Processing
LCD Learning Backlight system remote

If anybody is interested in getting a brand new marantz receiver, send me a PM or text/ call me at 0917-5305851

Offline sabr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1057 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 02:50 PM »
haven't auditioned a marantz yet. how would you describe the sound? Is it warm / lively / neutral?

any suggestions on speakers you can pair it with? bookshelves sana.

Thanks!

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1058 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 03:25 PM »
haven't auditioned a marantz yet. how would you describe the sound? Is it warm / lively / neutral?

Thanks!

Hi, this is a review from a client who bough a Marantz SR5004 from AMAZON.COM. The marantz is best paired with the Polk Audio RTi Series. Do note the customer review below:

This beautiful new receiver is packed with high-end options and the sound quality is nothing short of exemplary. For a full listing of technicals and features, see the site at: [...]. As compared to Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, and Pioneer, you'll notice a far more "natural" and "forward" sound, whereas the formers are more "punchy", "dark" or "processed". Marantz has been at the business of making receivers in this vein a long time and the 5004 is sure to please even the most discerning audiophiles. Of course, if you have $8K to spend, the Reference series is a nice upgrade. But for us common folk who still appreciate the performance and sound quality that a top-end receiver can produce, this is the one. On the "things to consider side", the SR5004 only has 3 HDMI outputs, so if you're in need of more such connections for your home theater, you might need to consider upgrading to the 6004. All in all, however, you can't beat this receiver for the money. This reviewer recommends pairing it with either Polk RTI or Bowers & Wilkins 600 series speakers.

Offline brogger

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1059 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 08:08 PM »
Does the 5004 and 6004 have pre-outs?

Offline jarod

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1060 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 08:47 PM »
From the pic above the 6004 does have pre outs, not sure with the 5004.

Offline mak_mak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1061 on: Jan 11, 2010 at 12:08 AM »

Thanks!

tried to pair my sr8500 to my nautilus 705..
lively..a bit bright though...but i love it..
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #1062 on: Jan 11, 2010 at 04:58 AM »

Thanks!

It sounds fairly neutral to me (versus the slightly bloated bass of some more popular brands). It has a certain smoothness in the output, which makes it quite musical to my ears. If the system would be used for both movies and music, it's hard to go wrong with Marantz.

Offline Rakenrol

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1063 on: Jan 11, 2010 at 09:53 AM »
Hi Sanjay,

ygpm

Thanks

Offline Boy Torotot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1064 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM »
so saan ang service center ng marantz? especially for those already out of warranty units?

Offline mak_mak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1065 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 02:09 PM »
3743501--call this number..yan po ung service center..
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1066 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 03:14 PM »
The sr6004 looks serious alright.  May I know what's the power consumption?  TIA

Offline keema

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1067 on: Feb 12, 2010 at 03:35 PM »
hmmm...stupid question lang po mga sir

anong mas mabago na model SR7002 or SR7003?

hindi ko kse makita ung SR7003 sa marantz site eh..:)

salamat..

Offline Gwenael

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1068 on: Feb 12, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
Hi sir Keema, AFAIK di naglabas ng SR7003 ang Marantz sa series x003 hanggang SR6003 lang sila same sa x004 series nila na syang pinaka latest nila hanggang SR6004 lang din.

hth

hmmm...stupid question lang po mga sir

anong mas mabago na model SR7002 or SR7003?

hindi ko kse makita ung SR7003 sa marantz site eh..:)

salamat..
marantz sr8001; dv6001
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline keema

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1069 on: Feb 12, 2010 at 04:16 PM »
Salamat Sir Gwenael..

pero about the SR7002 sir do you think na mas mataas na model itoh compared sa SR6004?

salamat po sir :)

Offline Gwenael

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1070 on: Feb 12, 2010 at 05:32 PM »
SR7002 is slightly higher than the latest model SR6004. Though both are rated as 110 watts x 7, and have Audyssey MultiEQ and can decode Dolby/DTS-HD. The latter is more advance and have more features like Dynamic EQ/Vol, Dolby IIz(height), Bluetooth capability while SR7002 is THx Select 2 Certified naman. If I where you, I would go with the SR6004 dahil mas advance features nya. But if you can find a good deal on the step up model SR8002 then iyon naman kukunin ko...

just my 2 cents.

Salamat Sir Gwenael..

pero about the SR7002 sir do you think na mas mataas na model itoh compared sa SR6004?

salamat po sir :)
marantz sr8001; dv6001
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline keema

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1071 on: Feb 12, 2010 at 05:37 PM »
maraming salamat sir Gnenael...:)

actually pinag pipilian ko pang isang brand is ung pioneer VSX 1019. oh well kung san may mababang offer and maganda review dun na lang ako. :)

salamat po ulit..

Offline HD_MOVIES

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1072 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 07:14 PM »
my setup:
NMT --hdmi--> Marantz 4002 --hdmi--> plasman 42g

is there a way to output audio/video thru hdmi to the tv without turning on the AVR?

my purpose is when my kid watches his stuff, no need to turn-on the avr/spkr.. audio/video directly to the tv..
is it possible or not?

thanks.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1073 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 09:15 PM »
try using the HDMI switch

meaning i have to buy a HDMI switch? or the AVR is capable of that? thanks.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1074 on: Jun 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM »
Marantz SR4003:

Want a full-featured surround sound receiver – one that brings you as close to the A/V experience as possible while still leaving your “rainy day” bank balance untouched?  A quick trip to your Marantz dealer will convince you that the SR4003 might be all you need.  With power, flexibility, and advanced features, it brings you all the performance you expect from Marantz.  And that’s quite a step above the ordinary, isn’t it?
New Cosmetics, based on the Reference Series
80 Watts x 7 Channels All Discrete Amplifier Stages
HDMI v1.3a Switching/ v1.1 Repeating: 3-In/1-Out
Multi-channel (7.1) LPCM via HDMI capability
M.R.A.C. Auto Calibration
S-Video to Component Video Up-Conversion
Direct-Set Volume and Tuner Preset Commands
Assignable Component Inputs x3
IR Flasher Input, Front Key Lock function
Learning/Backlit System Remote
Shallower Chassis <16”

Marantz SR5003

The SR5003 surround sound A/V receiver answers the needs of all but the most demanding audio- and videophiles. With more power and a formidable array of behind-the-front panel technologies, it equals separate components in capability and flexibility. And it’s the essence of Marantz – a unique amalgam of style and quality that automatically attracts the connoisseur.
HDMI v1.3a repeating (3 in/1 out)
Audyssey MultEQ
Dual component video output
New FL display
Updated backlit Learning remote controller
<16" Shallow chassis
Various control interfaces: RS-232C, Flasher-in, DC trigger

Marantz SR5004:

MX-Port for Option RX101 Bluetooth/IR Receiver
Sophisticated aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
HDMI (v1.3) Repeating: 3-In/1-Out
GUI through HDMI out
90 watts (into 8 ohms) x 7 ch Amps
Full 10 bit Video Processing
Learning Backlight system remote

Marantz SR6003:

From its sleek compound-curve front panel to the multiple control terminals, the SR6003 surround sound receiver contains a stunning array of technologies to increase your A/V enjoyment. Seven amplifier channels, each capable of delivering 100 continuous watts. Full HDMI 1.3 capability. A complete array of new processing technologies. The SR6003 demonstrates once again that Marantz leads the way to home entertainment.
HDMI v1.3a repeating (3 in/2 out)
Audyssey MultEQ
USB input for Audio playback
Simple color GUI
Dual HDMI and component video outputs
New FL display
Updated LCD backlit Learning remote controller
<16" Shallow chassis
Various control interfaces: RS-232C, Flasher in, DC trigger)

Offline miong

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1075 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM »
sir Sanjay may price drop na ba ang marantz receivers?

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1076 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 08:40 AM »
Sir sanjay: paquote po Marantz receivers pdvd discounted prices baka pasok sa budget ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010 at 08:42 AM by wengkapre »
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline zekiber2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "FAITH can move Mountains"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1077 on: Jun 28, 2010 at 05:20 PM »
marantz receiver is lively and a little bright, i can imagine lively but can someone explain to me what/or how can i imagine the description bright?

Offline b u l l e t

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1078 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 05:14 PM »
Anybody using SR6004? Appreciate if you could share your inputs? I'm planning to let go my yamaha rx1065 for this stuff. thanks!

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1079 on: Jul 09, 2010 at 08:34 AM »
Any feedback on the classic Marantz PM-80 integrated amp?   Thanks a million!