Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 269520 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #690 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 07:43 AM »
mga bossings:

pa followup naman price ng 4400 at 4500 please-- ::) Salamat po!
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline jdg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #691 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 08:53 AM »
maganda ba yung 4400 for both music and movies compared to the yamaha rxv440? :)
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2004 at 08:56 AM by jdg »

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #692 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 09:04 AM »
I bought the sr4500 last night @ 17.5 K they offer 3 months zero interest, but maybe you can get a better term if you haggle.

Actually impluse buy ito.. As I was using my Pc as a source and was thinking of a better speaker setup by buying one of 5.1 addon's , but since I had my old set of speakers lying around unused i tried an old pioneer reciever w/ a pair of mission 70's " Great improvement, next was old poineer w/ a the EPOS ... another improvement particularly in the imageging and location of the instruments...

Now I listened to the new Marantz last night paired w/ my set of Epos speakers and they just sound very nice.. :) :). It's a very good buy considerating what you get  and the quality of the output...

More testing later

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 09:58 AM »
anyone knows kung magkano yung marantz sr4400 sa electronics depot or kung saan ang pinakamura? :)

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 10:37 AM »
Also, the 4500 supports DTS 96/24

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 11:12 AM »
i called up electronics depot ali mall P13,999 yung sr4400 sa kanila mura na ba yon? tinanong ko rin kung magkano yung yamaha rxv350 P15,200 daw eh sabi doon sa yamaha thread 12k+ lang ang 350. baka mas mura pa sa ibang store yung sr4400, btw mahal ba talaga sa electronics depot? ::)

Offline Vhongbiker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 12:07 PM »
i got mine in elec depot for only 13,999 :D
but before ko binili nagscout muna ako which store ang pinakamura, sa SM if im not mistaken mga 15k+
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 06:13 PM »

Offline narzimus

• Apprentice
  • Efilnikcufecin
  • Liked:
« Reply #698 on: Dec 09, 2004 at 07:36 PM »
Sir jdg,

SR4400 Silver 
DIGITAL SURROUND RECEIVER 
Marantzs SR4400 offers an outstanding combination of home theater performance features and value - along with the amazing sound quality you’ve come to expect from Marantz. Its the ultimate choice for a wide variety of high-performance, 6.1-channel home theater systems, offering compatibility with Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS-ES discrete decoding. In audio only mode, the source direct function is extremely efficient for detailed musical reproduction, enhanced by 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A conversion. Included with the SR4400 is an intuitive, pre-programmed system remote control. 

FEATURES 
80 x 6 all discrete Amplifier Channels
192kHz/24-bit DACS for all 7 channels
24-bit custom DSP chipset
Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS ES (Discrete, Neo:6.1, SRS Circle Surround 6.1
6.1 Pre-outputs
6.1 Multi-channel inputs for SACD and DVD-A
System Remote

SR4500 
7.1 Home Theater Receiver 
The most affordable of Marantz’s audio/video receivers, the SR4500 would earn a welcome place near the top of most of our competitors’ offerings. Indeed, the SR4500 is far more than you might expect! With full 7.1 channel capability and seven built-in amplifiers, each of which is capable of producing 80 watts RMS, the SR4500 brings the ability to enjoy both Dolby Digital EX and dts ES soundtracks as they were meant to be heard. In addition, the SR4500’s 32-bit processing decodes a full roster of other surround formats like Dolby Pro Logic IIx and dts Neo:6. Don’t forget SRS Circle Surround II, either. It lets you enjoy your favorite stereo sources in room-filling surround. In fact, new 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters on all channels means you’ll be hearing all your favorite music and movie tracks as never before. Connectivity? You’d be hard pressed to configure a home theater system that the SR4500 couldn’t comfortably handle, thanks to a battery of audio and video inputs and outputs. Full Composite to S-Video conversion means you can enjoy both your precious videotape collection and today’s DVDs with optimal clarity. In an audiophile frame of mind? The combination of Pure Direct and Video Off modes will help you listen further into the music than you thought possible. Other touches include our unique Simple Setup that lets you enjoy everything the SR4500 has to offer quickly and effortlessly. A sensitive AM/FM tuner section with 50 programmable presets, each with custom naming capability, means you’ll be listening to your favorite broadcasts at the push of a button. And you can do all this without disturbing other family members, thanks to the SR4500’s SRS TruSurround headphone output, too. Remote control? Of course! And a three-year limited warranty for your peace of mind. The SR4500 offers far more, too. But that’s only natural - especially when you remember that this is another Marantz. 

Hope this could help you.
Try to audition it both sa 5th avenue. ( Ayala Town Center )
Free delivery sila doon.
Every1 is entitled 2 be stupid, but many pipol abuse d privilege

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Dec 12, 2004 at 03:43 PM »
ano bang bagay na brand ng budget speakers dito sa marantz sr4400? match ba sila nang dai-ichi or wharfedale diamond 8's? :-[

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #700 on: Dec 12, 2004 at 06:39 PM »
Adjustable ba ang crossover frequency cutoff ng SR 4500? 

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Dec 13, 2004 at 08:40 AM »
Adjustable ba ang crossover frequency cutoff ng SR 4500? 

Yes.

80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #702 on: Dec 13, 2004 at 11:57 AM »
Thanks Myki! :)

Offline DaViD

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: Dec 20, 2004 at 05:53 PM »
Hi mYKi,

I just upgraded to 7.1 and chose Marantz SR 4500 after reading your extensive review of the 4500 and the 5500 in the AVS Forum.  I have one dumb question.  Can I use one of the pre-outs (not the sub pre-out) to connect to an amp to power up my bass shaker.  I tried but nothing happens.

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 04:06 PM »
I just want to share my experience with the "After Sales Support" of ELECTRONICS DEPOT Particularly at Alabang Festival Mall for my MarantZ SR6300. Two thumbs-up for Ms. Chit for the great effort! I'd like to mention also the effort of a certain Guy who test my receiver! Keep up the good works guys!
Anybody want to Try Marantz Receiver Best Product! Best Support! (Electronics Depot Alabang.....ewan ko sa iba!)
Planning for an upgrade...of course Marantz again!

Electronic Depot Alabang!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 04:17 PM »
Hi mYKi,

I just upgraded to 7.1 and chose Marantz SR 4500 after reading your extensive review of the 4500 and the 5500 in the AVS Forum.  I have one dumb question.  Can I use one of the pre-outs (not the sub pre-out) to connect to an amp to power up my bass shaker.  I tried but nothing happens.

You should use the sub or LFE preout for your purpose.

The other pre-outs carry ALL the signals. If the receiver is set to SMALL, thereby engaging the bass management.  chances are you won't achieve the result you are expecting.  The preouts would not be sending out any bass information.  And your bass shaker filters out what the preouts are sending. 

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #706 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 04:21 PM »
may cross-over ba ang bass shakers? is there a certain frequency needed para ma activate sila?
money is best spent

Offline DaViD

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 06:00 PM »
Thanks av_phile1 for the reply.

If I have a choice I don't want to use the LFE out becauce I want to avoid using a coax splitter.   Also, gusto ko sana, my seat will rumble only on certain passages like for example explosions which are routed to the back surrounds.

When connected to the sub-out, para akong naka upo sa seat massager.  It is constantly shaking especially most of my speakers are set to small.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 06:13 PM »
may cross-over ba ang bass shakers? is there a certain frequency needed para ma activate sila?

I assume they do.  Di ba specialized powered subs din sila,? operating only at very low LF, lower than most subs, say, below 25hz. 

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #709 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 06:18 PM »
Thanks av_phile1 for the reply.

If I have a choice I don't want to use the LFE out becauce I want to avoid using a coax splitter.   Also, gusto ko sana, my seat will rumble only on certain passages like for example explosions which are routed to the back surrounds.

When connected to the sub-out, para akong naka upo sa seat massager.  It is constantly shaking especially most of my speakers are set to small.

I am not entirely an expert on bass shakers, except that I have read they are specialized powered subs that operate in the INFRA sonic ranges to give you the earth-shaking feeling, lower than most subs out there.   THose frequencies are well below 25hz, if not mistaken. 

If the bass shaker is constantly shaking with the LFE input, I would just guess that your shaker doesn't filter out frequencies higher than 25hz.  Explosions often have components  below 20Hz to rattle the house.  The LFE contains frequencies from 120hz down.  I assume shakers operate only below 25hz. 

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #710 on: Dec 21, 2004 at 06:48 PM »
Actually, you can drive the bass shaker using any amplifier, be it full range for lower freq range only. Though of course it's better if it is connected to the LFE so only frequencies on that channel are processed.

May I ask what is the volume level of the Marantz receiver when you test it with the bass shaker?

Try to use a bass CD, then disconnect all other speakers, then verify at what volume settings the bass shaker will be active, if you think the volume is too high (with consideration to normal volume level listening) then I guess the main pre-out is not designed for the bass shakers.

Offline [r0n1n]

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #711 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 08:15 AM »
i called up electronics depot ali mall P13,999 yung sr4400 sa kanila mura na ba yon? tinanong ko rin kung magkano yung yamaha rxv350 P15,200 daw eh sabi doon sa yamaha thread 12k+ lang ang 350. baka mas mura pa sa ibang store yung sr4400, btw mahal ba talaga sa electronics depot? ::)

kahit sa ED Robinson's place ganyan ang price at sale pa yun. yung rxv350 5.1 while sr4400 6.1  :) kung parehong 6.1 pagpipilian mo, rxv450 dapat ang i-compare sa sr4400 :)

rxv450 - P17500
sr4400 - P13999

btw, parehong sa ED based yung mga prices. di ko lang alam sa ibang shops. hth
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2004 at 08:31 AM by r0n1n »
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #712 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 11:08 AM »
question lang mga sir.....yung output ba for coax is parepareho lang?? yung DIG.1 to 4 plus yung coax na output..kasi sa likod merong ganun n coax output...ano ba dapat pillin ko dun? kasi DIG.4 ko nilalagay yung coax e...pano ba po i-set pag sa output mismo ng COAX? tnx mga sir.. :)

Offline Vhongbiker

• DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Dec 22, 2004 at 12:53 PM »

kahit sa ED Robinson's place ganyan ang price at sale pa yun. yung rxv350 5.1 while sr4400 6.1  :) kung parehong 6.1 pagpipilian mo, rxv450 dapat ang i-compare sa sr4400 :)

rxv450 - P17500
sr4400 - P13999

btw, parehong sa ED based yung mga prices. di ko lang alam sa ibang shops. hth

bro kung 4400 kunin mo, lowest price na ED 13,999, pero kung 450 pinakamura sa spectra.
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline [r0n1n]

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 08:09 AM »
bro kung 4400 kunin mo, lowest price na ED 13,999, pero kung 450 pinakamura sa spectra.

how much po sa spectra? thanks  :)
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 02:18 PM »
question lang mga sir.....yung output ba for coax is parepareho lang?? yung DIG.1 to 4 plus yung coax na output..kasi sa likod merong ganun n coax output...ano ba dapat pillin ko dun? kasi DIG.4 ko nilalagay yung coax e...pano ba po i-set pag sa output mismo ng COAX? tnx mga sir.. :)

mga sir quote ko lang po uli...

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 02:43 PM »

mga sir quote ko lang po uli...

Am not sure if i got your question right.  Are you asking if coax and toslink digital output are the same?  They both pass the same 0s and 1s.  Coax passes electrical pulses, while Toslink passes optical pulses.

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 02:54 PM »

Am not sure if i got your question right.  Are you asking if coax and toslink digital output are the same?  They both pass the same 0s and 1s.  Coax passes electrical pulses, while Toslink passes optical pulses.

sir av_phile,sir,may coax cable po kasi ako,sorry sir sensya na po di ko po kasi alam yung toslink e(stupid me.hehe)..eto po yung question ko,yung coax cable po ba sa coax output ko mismo ikakabit sa likod nung sr4500 ko po? di ko lang po kasi makita sa setting kung pano pipiliin pag coax na po yung gamit ko na cable sa setting e..ang nakikita ko lang [ag ise-set na yung input sa marants thru setup setting, puro DIG1 to DIG4 lang po..or na lagpasan ko lang po..hehe

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Dec 23, 2004 at 04:17 PM »

sir av_phile,sir,may coax cable po kasi ako,sorry sir sensya na po di ko po kasi alam yung toslink e(stupid me.hehe)..eto po yung question ko,yung coax cable po ba sa coax output ko mismo ikakabit sa likod nung sr4500 ko po? di ko lang po kasi makita sa setting kung pano pipiliin pag coax na po yung gamit ko na cable sa setting e..ang nakikita ko lang [ag ise-set na yung input sa marants thru setup setting, puro DIG1 to DIG4 lang po..or na lagpasan ko lang po..hehe

The DIG1 to DIG4 indicates that you can connect 4 digital inputs.  They most likely correspond to the digital coax terminals at the back of your receivers labeled 1 to 4.  I would imagine your receiver also has optical (toslink) connections labeled 1 to 4.  Regardless of which type of connection you use, I believe the receiver does some automatic detection.  So if you connect a coax at terminal 1, the receiver detects this and usually assigns DIG1 to it.  Suggest you read the manual if your receiver has assignable inputs as well.  Hope this helps.

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Dec 25, 2004 at 02:52 PM »

The DIG1 to DIG4 indicates that you can connect 4 digital inputs.  They most likely correspond to the digital coax terminals at the back of your receivers labeled 1 to 4.  I would imagine your receiver also has optical (toslink) connections labeled 1 to 4.  Regardless of which type of connection you use, I believe the receiver does some automatic detection.  So if you connect a coax at terminal 1, the receiver detects this and usually assigns DIG1 to it.  Suggest you read the manual if your receiver has assignable inputs as well.  Hope this helps.

thanks sir AV! ;)...yup ..i chose DIG4 kasi pag sa coax ko nilagay...wala siya madetect e..n magbabasa basa pa ako n manual..hehe.. thanks po..