Author Topic: Downloading Digital Copies  (Read 4247 times)

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Downloading Digital Copies
« on: Jan 16, 2009 at 02:23 AM »
Has anyone tried downloading the digital copies included in some of the DVDs and BDs?  I tried doing it for Wanted and The Dark Knight BDs but both failed.  It told me that the serial key is not valid.  Is there another way to download the digital copy?

TIA

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Downloading Digital Copies
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 02:44 AM »
I tried my Jumper Digital Copy, successfully transferred it to my PC but I had Fox Digital Copy Customer Service reset my serial number first since it said that the serial number is already in use even though I bought the movie sealed.

Wrote a small tidbit of my experience with that here.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009 at 02:55 AM by blued888 »

Offline piaborgs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 11:28 AM »
I encountered the "serial number not valid" message once.  I was redeeming my digital copy of Star Wars: Clone Wars in Mac format.  It turns out that this format requires an active iTunes account for a successful download.  I opted for the Windows format instead and the number enclosed with the dvd worked just fine.

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Bluray=103 PS3=12 DVD=139
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009 at 06:20 AM »
Im not sure if the digital copies in DVD's are the same like the one in Bluray's, but make sure u download them right away cuz some have expiry dates....unfortunately for me, i wasnt able to download them in time..  :'( :'( :'(
Tosh46FHD,Denon1905,BDP1000,PS3,Wii,XBOX360,PhillipsUPDVD,Wharf

Offline maidenmasher69

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2009 at 12:57 PM »
I encountered an error message when trying to play the digital copy of Hellboy II. I was able to download it but upon viewing it on Windows Media Player, I was prompted with an error message that I have already exceeded my limit. First time ko pa lang sya na download tas ganun pa ang naging error message.

Any thoughts on how this problem can be rectified? I tried contacting the customer support of Universal Studios via their e-form and still have not received any solution to the problem.

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 12:06 AM »
Any thoughts on how this problem can be rectified? I tried contacting the customer support of Universal Studios via their e-form and still have not received any solution to the problem.

Usually contact them through the information on the digital copy flyer. Yung sa akin, inemail ko lang yung Fox, weekend pa nga sila nagrespond.

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:04 AM »
I tried it once with my Tropic Thunder copy, pero naisip ko kung papanoorin ko naman sa PC, why not just pop the disc in? Kahit naman I place it on my iPod hindi ko naman papanoorin, naliliitan ako sa screen.

Offline maidenmasher69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 12:24 PM »
Usually contact them through the information on the digital copy flyer. Yung sa akin, inemail ko lang yung Fox, weekend pa nga sila nagrespond.

thanks for the reply. Was able to rectify the problem. They reset the authorization code.

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 04:37 PM »
actually, the copy is already on the disc, you can copy paste it... problem is it needs serial number when you try playing it.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2009 at 09:56 AM »
Related news:

Sonic Solutions to launch movies on USB flash drives
by Peter Ha on July 23, 2009

Earlier this week, Sonic Solutions announced that they’re planning to roll out downloadable 3D movies for their Roxio CinemaNow line and today they’ve announced that they will begin selling movies on USB flash drives.

The CinemaNow USB Movie Drives will be encoded with Hollywood-approved DRM for multiplatform playback thanks to Widewine. Said USB drives will include an integrated media player and all the necessary video codec’s for playback on a range of devices that include networked Blu-ray players, networked TVs and computers. Due out in Q4 of this year.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/07/23/sonic-solutions-to-launch-movies-on-usb-flash-drives/
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM by barrister »