Author Topic: MIDTE users  (Read 2591 times)

Offline fredmontano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
MIDTE users
« on: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM »
Gusto ko lang malaman kung ano feedback nyo sa MIDTE media players like the MDT-PM368HPS. Its cheap kasi at 3800 pesos.
Thanks.

http://www.midte.com/English/Products/MDT-PM368HPS.html

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: MIDTE users
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 08:00 AM »
based on specs, resolution is only up to 1080i and it does not play mkv files. which kind of defeat the purpose of purchasing a media player. unless you are an avi or divx kind of person. but 90% of hd are in mkv.

imho, wd media player at around 5.5-6k is still better than this one.  :)

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 01:39 PM »
DivX and Xvid are ok for me as I still don't have a HD capable TV. So I'm contented already with SD movies. What I want to know with MIDTE media players is if there are any performance issues when watching Divx or Xvid videos. Are there any users experiencing lags during boot-up or out of sync videos when playing? Or any other firmware issues. Cuz given my needs and a tight budget this would suffice me.

I know that WD HD media player is good and bang for the bucks but if I have the budget I'd rather get the Popcorn or Egreat rather than WD.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 07:40 AM »
DivX and Xvid are ok for me as I still don't have a HD capable TV. So I'm contented already with SD movies. What I want to know with MIDTE media players is if there are any performance issues when watching Divx or Xvid videos. Are there any users experiencing lags during boot-up or out of sync videos when playing? Or any other firmware issues. Cuz given my needs and a tight budget this would suffice me.

I know that WD HD media player is good and bang for the bucks but if I have the budget I'd rather get the Popcorn or Egreat rather than WD.

i think divx and xvid movies in the net are usually lower bit rate versions. so imho, this player wont have issues playing them. but the best way to see iit is if the supplier of the machine is here in the philippines. just bring your hdd to the point of purchase and try some on the machine. you will be able to see if there will be issues.

and yes, if you have save enough for your next gen media player, pch or egreat would be better than the wd.  ;)

Offline thesaint

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 08:26 AM »
i think divx and xvid movies in the net are usually lower bit rate versions. so imho, this player wont have issues playing them. but the best way to see iit is if the supplier of the machine is here in the philippines. just bring your hdd to the point of purchase and try some on the machine. you will be able to see if there will be issues.

and yes, if you have save enough for your next gen media player, pch or egreat would be better than the wd.  ;)

locally available na ba yan?
Sa tingin ok naman yan. Dati kasi may generic nga ako eh!
Pinang marathon ko ng mga tv series...then nung nakbili na me ng LCDTV nag HTPC na ako.
2 years din yun tumagal sa akin. then benenta ko na. Buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon.
Ginagamit pa rin ng katrabaho ko.
Ang lakas lang nun mag init. then pang mga 5 hrs na parang ang bagal ng mag scroll.
Mga 3800 din bili ko nun sa rising sun dati 2005 pa. Limot ko na yung brand eh!
Walang rin website.
Kung pang CRT TV lang gamit mo ay ok na yan.

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 10:59 PM »
yap its locally available at 3600 pesos.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 07:33 AM »
I bought one before.  It doesn't play everything as advertised.  I have the firmware upgraded already.  All I can play is Divx/Xvid files.  You cannot play VOB, DAT, WMV and other video formats with it.   >:(

Hope this helps.

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 07:40 AM »
If you only need standard def to connect to a standard CRT TV and not planning to connect to an AV receiver I would suggest a TVIX C2000 mini. This is cheaper at P2.5K.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM »
If you only need standard def to connect to a standard CRT TV and not planning to connect to an AV receiver I would suggest a TVIX C2000 mini. This is cheaper at P2.5K.

sir saan makabili nito, tvix c-2000mini. pwede ba tong gamitin na rin na hdd enclosure at ide/sata ba sya? maganda to pang travel.

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM »
Nasa pricelist ng PCX. IDE notebook drive lang ang puwede. Eksakto siya pang-travel.