Author Topic: The L Word  (Read 1889 times)

Offline sharkey360

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The L Word
« on: Jan 18, 2009 at 08:22 AM »
Does anyone here watch this on DVD? I have the complete seasons one to four. It's a great series, worth importing from the U.S., I promise you.

Offline NeoXorn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: The L Word
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 09:42 PM »
I haven't seen this but I've read about it from DVD reviews in magazines and on-line.

Sabi it's like Sex & the City but with lesbians. Is it true? 'coz if that's the case, well, it's not original and I wouldn't bother to buy and watch it.

So how is it great? Konting shed naman po ng light. ;) Medyo dry na kasi ako sa mga U.S. TV series, eh. Wala ko mapanood na iba kung 'di Entourage na lang kaya I really want to consider po your recommendation. :D

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM »
I have seasons 1-3.  Have ordered the 4th season but still waiting for it to arrive.  Looking for season 5 too.  If anyone here is selling a used 5th season, PM me.  :)

Sabi it's like Sex & the City but with lesbians. Is it true? 'coz if that's the case, well, it's not original and I wouldn't bother to buy and watch it.

So how is it great? Konting shed naman po ng light.

I don't know if it is like sex and the city because i haven't seen sex and the city.  But yes, it is about a group of lesbians living in L.A.   What makes it great?  Umm.. i read somewhere that "the L word gained attention for its bold sex scenes, campy attitude, and unapologetic libidos."   Me?  i just enjoy the story.  I find it different, something fresh, smart, funny, and utterly sexy!  ;D

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 10:49 PM »
it's not really ala SATC. i've seen some episodes on TV and it's really good. more dramatic siya than SATC. it's the lesbian counterpart of the gay series, Queer as Folk. although i must say that The L Word is meatier in terms of its story and acting than QAF which came out first, from the same producer.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline sharkey360

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 07:49 AM »
It's more than just "Sex and the City with lesbians" - it provides viewers an in-depth dramatic at how lesbians live, how they handle relationships, etc.

Having seen the first four seasons, I declare that the series is filled with great acting (each lady acts as great as she looks), very rich writing, and believable storytelling.

The L Word is not just about lesbians - it also features bisexual women and members of other genders. Any viewer, male or female, will find lots of things that are so gay or so unusual to them.

Offline NeoXorn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm a bit hyped now. I'll definitely going to try this series out.  :D

Hot lesbians are HOT!  ;D Hehe.  :)

Offline sharkey360

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 07:20 PM »
Trivia

Leisha Hailey, who plays Alice, is an openly-gay woman in real life. She is also a musician and is currently part of the duo called Uh Huh Her.

Below is her pic

Offline sharkey360

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 03:03 PM »
Trivia

Leisha Hailey, who plays Alice, is an openly-gay woman in real life. She is also a musician and is currently part of the duo called Uh Huh Her.

Alice is my favorite L word character.  Been a fan of Leisha Hailey since I first saw her in All Over Me (1997) and when she was still part of the duo called The Murmurs.  I also kinda like their music.  :)

The L Word: The Movie???

http://www.examiner.com/x-3366-Bisexuality-Examiner~y2009m7d29-An-L-Word-movie-is-in-the-making

I hope this pushes through.   :)
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2009 at 03:11 PM by coffeetiger »

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 03:11 PM »
The L Word Season 5 is already available though I haven't picked it up yet.  If anybody is selling a second hand copy please please please PM me.   ;D

The L Word Season 6 (Final Season) is up for pre-order at amazon for $38.99.  To be released on Oct. 20, 2009