Author Topic: Your Best Korean DVD  (Read 14731 times)

Offline Movie_Geek_Tom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • "Heres looking at you,kid."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Your Best Korean DVD
« Reply #60 on: Jul 27, 2006 at 09:54 PM »
Fighter In The Wind
Panasonic TC-P50ST50 Plasma 3D
McIntosh MC-2102 Amp
Snell THX 9.4 Speaker Setup

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 12:07 AM »
JJH fans, be happy!

Daisy Director's Cut 3-disc SE

got this one at $35.99, and now its on sale at dvdfromkorea for only $16.99. oh well, that's life. korean LEs are depreciating fast. got an LE of one movie for only $13.99 which was offered $30+ before

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 12:43 AM »
got this one at $35.99, and now its on sale at dvdfromkorea for only $16.99. oh well, that's life. korean LEs are depreciating fast. got an LE of one movie for only $13.99 which was offered $30+ before

Yup, but it says Availability : Pre-Order>:(  ???
SARS!!!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 10:02 AM »
yep, to be released on dec20. dvdheaven & dvdfromkorea usually re-release these LEs, sometimes in a sale price, sometimes in a very high price.

i was surprised to see van helsing UE on sale at $9.99. isn't it $20+ before  ;D  but be careful when ordering such, at least confirm with them that the packaging is the same with those released before. the one i got was sad movie LE for $13.99 but i verified first with dvdheaven that it was the LE (digipack, with postcards, etc) because the re-release was distributed by HB Ent while the original LE was by TUBE Ent. both dvdheaven & dvdfromkorea even told me to check it on the actual release date to confirm because they're also not sure if its really the LE?!?

btw, for the case of Daisy LE its still the same distributor.

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 10:12 AM »
yep, to be released on dec20. dvdheaven & dvdfromkorea usually re-release these LEs, sometimes in a sale price, sometimes in a very high price.

i was surprised to see van helsing UE on sale at $9.99. isn't it $20+ before ;D but be careful when ordering such, at least confirm with them that the packaging is the same with those released before. the one i got was sad movie LE for $13.99 but i verified first with dvdheaven that it was the LE (digipack, with postcards, etc) because the re-release was distributed by HB Ent while the original LE was by TUBE Ent. both dvdheaven & dvdfromkorea even told me to check it on the actual release date to confirm because they're also not sure if its really the LE?!?

btw, for the case of Daisy LE its still the same distributor.

I can't order using my credit card. Philppines is not an option on the country drop down list.  >:(
SARS!!!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 11:14 AM »
is that dvdfromkorea sir? i checked it out and philippines is in the dropdown list, but when you proceed on checkout you get the message "sorry, we do not ship to this address".

as for dvdheaven, i think they ship to the philippines

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #66 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 11:07 PM »
Fighter In The Wind

Same here. Also, Old Boy is nice. Thanks to RNIverson  ;)

Offline mrclark

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • A PinoyDVD reader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #67 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 03:10 PM »
A little off,
I'm currently starting to watch Emperor of the Sea (tv-series), just borrowed the dvd set.

I'm also watching the show currently showing in KBS channel during the weekend (Sat. & Sunday starts around 8:30pm)
Does anyone know the English title for that?  The show is set around medieval Korea vs China(Tang Dynasty).

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #68 on: Mar 19, 2010 at 04:28 PM »
The Classic

one of my best buy so far. and onlly one korean dvd copy.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010 at 05:51 AM by dpogs »
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #69 on: Mar 23, 2010 at 01:01 AM »
Mine's Fighter in the Wind LE

8)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #70 on: Mar 29, 2010 at 03:03 AM »

Four Horror Tales limited Edition: Korean Version with English subtitles 

Disc 1
February 29 (dir. Jung Jong Hoon)
Midnight. Ji Yeon, a tollgate clerk, notices a strange smell coming from one of the cars passing through, their ticket stained in blood. When one of her friends is killed at another tollgate, she joins two detectives in trying to find the culprit. Starring Park Eun Hye (Fireworks, Dae Jang Geum) and Lim Ho (Dae Jang Geum, Dae Jo Young).

Disc 2
Hidden Floor (dir. Kwon Il Soon)
After moving to a studio apartment with her young daughter, Min Young starts noticing strange events. Her neighbor complains of noise from above even though they hear nothing, and her daughter starts acting strange and following a strange woman. Starring Kim Suh Hyung (The City of Violence) and Kim Yoo Jung.

Disc 3
D-Day (dir. Kim Eun Kyung)
Four roommates preparing for their college entrance exam are attending a strange summer boarding school. Because of their conflicting personalities and the atmosphere at the place, one of the students starts having visions of events which took place there in the past. Starring Eun Sung (Dasepo Naughty Girls), Yoo Ju Hee, Kim Lina, and Heo Jin Yong.

Disc 4
Dark Forest (dir. Kim Jung Min)
Enjoying an excursion into a prohibited forest, Woo Jin, Jung Ah and other friends suddenly find themselves stranded in a place where no mobile phone works. But there's something much scarier looming in the darkest corners of the forest. Starring So Yi Hyun (Revenge, Hyena) and Lee Jong Hyuk (Green Rose).

The Hidden Floor still top's my list in all the horror's that I've seen. Next would be the Shutter.