Author Topic: Dimfer's  (Read 73705 times)

Offline chuck427

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluray=103 PS3=12 DVD=139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dimfer's
« Reply #60 on: Oct 16, 2009 at 04:43 AM »
very nice set up!!!!!! love the aquarium.... 2 thumbs up sa set up mo sir....
Tosh46FHD,Denon1905,BDP1000,PS3,Wii,XBOX360,PhillipsUPDVD,Wharf

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #61 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 11:53 AM »
Congrats on your superb set-up!  Does the cold weather enhance your audio sessions? Hay sarap!  ;)

yes. cold weather means I am busier at work and I go home more tired and appreciative of good music. The Lamm Ref 1.2 are class A and warms up the house  ;D. The Trodt amps are good source of heat too
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM »
akala ko sa pag iingles lang pwede dumugo ang ilong, pati pala sa pag view ng gallery ng mga set up. ni hindi ko mabanggit ng tama yung mga brand. KAGANDA naman. sir dimfer baka kailagnan mo ng driver kahit libre basta payangan mo lang ako makinig jan hahahahaha. GALING 

:D :D driver  ??? - are you comfortable driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S with 521 hp and Bose sound system? You don't think Bose is hi-fi, you're fired  ;D  biro lang...
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM »
thanks also to the other fellas who posted a comment here

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM »
uy Doc kumusta na... taas ng trade count mo ah, mukhang panay ang buy or sell ah  ;D

Offline bass_nut

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #65 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 01:29 PM »
PinoyDVD is my new home sir Ding .. lots of generous and very kind friends here.. transparent and honest resellers.. fair rules and impartial staff too  8)

on topic: as always you are my idol .. grabe sa ganda ang mga gears mo .. hence, your taste is reference level  8)
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2009 at 01:30 PM by bass_nut »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #66 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 02:52 PM »
ilang kahon ba ang 1,000 na pdc....teka, mukhang kulang yata ang offer mo ah ;D...dagdagan pa ng isang zero  8)

Ding, by the way, you know who to call pag sawa ka na sa Garrard mo...Hope you can also update your set-up in your other site...I am sure everybody's excited to see the new additions in your set-up...again, CONGRATULATIONS, my friend!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:07 AM »
PinoyDVD is my new home sir Ding .. lots of generous and very kind friends here.. transparent and honest resellers.. fair rules and impartial staff too  8)

on topic: as always you are my idol .. grabe sa ganda ang mga gears mo .. hence, your taste is reference level  8)

from what I could see, PDVD is a vibrant and cohesive community, glad to know you are happy in your new home. what I like in this community is while there are lot's of very knowledgeable members with advanced setups, there are also a lot of common tao and there seems to be no segregation. that cannot be said about the other forums as there always seems to be a core group (well heeled ones) and an outsider group.

I haven't been doing much forum lately that's why I am still a wanderer  ;D  >:( actually other than my posts on this thread, I have only one or two posts total in all the forums that I usually go to during the past two months or so
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM by dimfer »

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:34 AM »
Ding, by the way, you know who to call pag sawa ka na sa Garrard mo...Hope you can also update your set-up in your other site...I am sure everybody's excited to see the new additions in your set-up...again, CONGRATULATIONS, my friend!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ok Jen, I will keep that in mind, but this 401 is a keeper. I paid quite a bit for it because it is very very close to brand new and there is only one minor flaw. There were minimal traces of use/wear when I received it, with upgraded ceramic bearing. I paid more for it than what what I paid for my previous grey grease 301. but sure, I'll keep you in mind. Malamang, when I sell it, I will package it with the vintage arms that I have, bagay sila sa isa't isa.

My Audio Journey at WS had been updated and concluded. See the first post, but please keep the thread dormant. I was concerned that the mother of all audiophiles (you know who  ;D) will scrutinize and criticize my audio decisions again, as if I am a ten year old boy. This is why nawalan ako ng gana to discuss anything audio related there, I don't want to engage him in a pissing contest. While you, Jack, Tito, Patrick, Val, Doc Fer  and few others have been really nice , accomodating and contributor to my audio hobby experience, at over 1000 posts, I still feel that I am an outsider.

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM »
ok Jen, I will keep that in mind, but this 401 is a keeper. I paid quite a bit for it because it is very very close to brand new and there is only one minor flaw. There were minimal traces of use/wear when I received it, with upgraded ceramic bearing. I paid more for it than what what I paid for my previous grey grease 301. but sure, I'll keep you in mind. Malamang, when I sell it, I will package it with the vintage arms that I have, bagay sila sa isa't isa.

My Audio Journey at WS had been updated and concluded. See the first post, but please keep the thread dormant. I was concerned that the mother of all audiophiles (you know who  ;D) will scrutinize and criticize my audio decisions again, as if I am a ten year old boy. This is why nawalan ako ng gana to discuss anything audio related there, I don't want to engage him in a pissing contest. While you, Jack, Tito, Patrick, Val, Doc Fer  and few others have been really nice , accomodating and contributor to my audio hobby experience, at over 1000 posts, I still feel that I am an outsider.

Thanks Ding! No Problem...We understand...Maybe a case of misunderstanding?? Nevertheless, would still encourage you to do so...Looking forward (in my dreams!) w/ the Garrard!! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #70 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:42 AM »
naku sir dimfer gardenero na lang aplayan ko hahahaha. congrats again ganda talaga.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:08 AM »
Thanks Ding! No Problem...We understand...Maybe a case of misunderstanding?? Nevertheless, would still encourage you to do so...Looking forward (in my dreams!) w/ the Garrard!! :D

ok Jen...

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM »
naku sir dimfer gardenero na lang aplayan ko hahahaha. congrats again ganda talaga.

;D ;D

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM »
from what I could see, PDVD is a vibrant and cohesive community, glad to know you are happy in your new home. what I like in this community is while there are lot's of very knowledgeable members with advanced setups, there are also a lot of common tao and there seems to be no segregation. that cannot be said about the other forums as there always seems to be a core group (well heeled ones) and an outsider group.

I haven't been doing much forum lately that's why I am still a wanderer  ;D  >:( actually other than my posts on this thread, I have only one or two posts total in all the forums that I usually go to during the past two months or so

indeed, your observations are 102% spot on sir Ding .. PinoyDVD became my favorite home as i learned a lot here audio and non-audio topics... i am much honored to have been in touch with new found warm, caring and kind friends.. and our staff over here see to it that equality for all is the rule.. admirable !!!

btw, our friends (the good contributors over there) were able to communicate with me here at PinoyDVD ... hence, PinoyDVD truly a portal for connecting with our good buddies... i proudly say "I am PinoyDVD member!!!"  ;)

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #74 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 02:28 PM »
indeed, your observations are 102% spot on sir Ding .. PinoyDVD became my favorite home as i learned a lot here audio and non-audio topics... i am much honored to have been in touch with new found warm, caring and kind friends.. and our staff over here see to it that equality for all is the rule.. admirable !!!

btw, our friends (the good contributors over there) were able to communicate with me here at PinoyDVD ... hence, PinoyDVD truly a portal for connecting with our good buddies... i proudly say "I am PinoyDVD member!!!"  ;)

Well said, doc! ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 at 02:30 PM by cjtjader »
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 05:56 PM »
thanks sir  cjtjader  8)

on topic: i still droooool on sir Ding's ultra advance technology intensive digital player and other audio/HT gears  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 at 05:57 PM by bass_nut »

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 03:33 AM »
on digital player - once you've been exposed to something like the Transporter, there is no going back to traditional cd player. I love it for it's convenience of use and functionality, a variety of inputs to it's amazing dac, and access to internet radio and services.  I think Modwright did a wonderful job on their modification and tube rolling on this equipment is so much fun. Some owners who have compared to the likes of Zanden, Audio Research, EMMLabs, Burmester, Playback Design MPS5 etc have favored the  modified Transporter. One guy in Europe said it beat the $22k Burmester 001 on his system. See this review by Srajan Ebaen. Somebody at Audio Circle said you will have to spend more than $50k in an analog system to beat it.

In my system, I hooked my Nova Physics Memory Player to the MWTP AES/EBU input. The sound is totally relaxed and very analog like with excellent bass resolution and quiet background without any hint of digital glare (jitter). Similar result when I play wav files on my laptop streamed wirelessly into the Transporter. I have started upsampling my music collection into 24bit/96khz format, I like it.

For ~ $5k investment, nothing is better in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 at 03:35 AM by dimfer »

Offline nizmo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #77 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 06:20 AM »

analog section

huwooow... Garrard na dalawang kamay ;D ;D ;D
sa picture pa lang parang naririnig ko na ang ganda ng tunog.
thanks for updating... at least, there's no need to buy hi-fi magazines
just to see superb audio set up...  :o :o :o

keep on enjoying at your listening time as i keep on enjoying in staring.... ::)
cheers brader dimfer!!!!

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:41 AM »
thanks Nizmo. I will try to post better pictures later. The bevelling and joints of the DIY plinth in the picture turned out quite obvious and whitish, which is not not the actual appearance. Hirap kasing mag picture ng black object kung hindi ka magaling sa photography  :(

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 10:02 AM »
ok Jen...

Thanks Ding! I believe it is really a case of misunderstanding. For me, I do not really believe sometimes in everything that is being posted online (be it here or in any other forum/fora)...sometimes people may post arrogantly but when you meet them in person they're very kind, mild-mannered - I have personally met some members from the other forum who's like this...maybe culture difference/s??...and, at times people may be friendly online but you'll only know their true color once you meet them personally or get to know them...I have learned this the hard way, some people even instigate but I never give them attention nor my previous time, even to the point of character assasination and accusation, even via blatant posts...yet, I do not give them time and attention...maybe you could do the same, especially since this hobby is really very subjective...

it's just that this hobby is crazy (it's the hobby that's crazy or making us crazy, not us)...How I wish you can attend the Hi-Fi show this year so you'll be able to have time with us, since there is a fellowship night...In any case, let's just discuss this offline...Kwentuhan na lang tayo, Ding...Makukuha naman yan sa ma-boteng usapan...when is your next Manila sojourn??

Thanks sir! Regards!

PS: I have a few questions regarding the FR arm...via PM na lang, thanks! :D

Offline SETUP™

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #80 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 10:18 AM »
o.t. lang po.. :) sir jen kailan po ang hifi show dito this year? i would love to attend, see and hear some of the gears that they will display. Thank you :D
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 at 01:33 PM by SETUP »
B&W Onkyo HiMedia Transparent SvS Modwright Samsung Rega Shunyata Focal Proac Sonus Faber Dynaudio

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM »
that issue is behind us now Jen. Things doesn't work out sometimes, the most important thing is we move forward and enjoy the hobby and our music or movies. I got into this hobby for the love of music, if along the way I meet good people that eventually become my friends outside the forum - that's gravy. Unfortunately there will be some disagreements too, that's life.

I wish I could be at the show but November is our busiest month at work because our company is in the heating industry, so it is almost a given that I can never attend the hi-fi show in the Phils. Kung January 'yan, walang duda. However, I will be there in spirit via Trodt/Puresound/Tweak room. Just think of me when you are listening to Tony O'Malley's Audiophile Selection or Michael Buble's Crazy Love in their room  ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM »
that issue is behind us now Jen. Things doesn't work out sometimes, the most important thing is we move forward and enjoy the hobby and our music or movies. I got into this hobby for the love of music, if along the way I meet good people that eventually become my friends outside the forum - that's gravy. Unfortunately there will be some disagreements too, that's life.

I wish I could be at the show but November is our busiest month at work because our company is in the heating industry, so it is almost a given that I can never attend the hi-fi show in the Phils. Kung January 'yan, walang duda. However, I will be there in spirit via Trodt/Puresound/Tweak room. Just think of me when you are listening to Tony O'Malley's Audiophile Selection or Michael Buble's Crazy Love in their room  ;D

APRUB!! :D

Offline nizmo

• DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 10:30 PM »
APRUB!! :D

happy birthday kabayang jen ;D

sorry for the OT sir dimfer. 8)

Offline nizmo

• DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 10:37 PM »
thanks Nizmo. I will try to post better pictures later. The bevelling and joints of the DIY plinth in the picture turned out quite obvious and whitish, which is not not the actual appearance. Hirap kasing mag picture ng black object kung hindi ka magaling sa photography  :(

kayang kaya nyo po yan... pindot lang ng pindot ;D

having those pics would be very helpful for us
for we can atleast get some ideas on what to do with our gears in the future... perhaps! 8)

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM »
Nova Physics Memory Player included on my "dream list" sir Ding...i estimate it will welcome new digital format when available a couple of years from now  ;)

on photo shoot..
raw file >> wb>> exposure>> black>> extract to jpeg>> ... coffee-fi chat na lang tayo sir Ding  :D ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM »
happy birthday kabayang jen ;D

sorry for the OT sir dimfer. 8)

Fr. Jim, sagot na kita kay Ding...hehehe!!  ;D Thanks po!

Ding, by the way, if you're in Manila in January, let me know in advance...so that if I am in Manila too for my usual/regular meetings, when can meet up...let's do a hi-fi pilgrimage...let's visit some friends and listen to their set-ups, OK??

Thanks sir! Regards!  ;)

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 01:45 PM »
Doc - ingat ka sa Memory Player baka mapagaya ka sa akin. this product is hated by those who have not auditioned it and get their information solely from the internet - because it is a computer daw. On the other hand, us - the ones who have actually listened to it love it.  The Modwright Transporter gave me a better idea what the Memory Player can do. After ripping and re-ripping my favorite cds using Nero, Microsoft Media Player,  db Poweramp and Exact Audio Copy and comparing them to the wav files ripped via the Memory Player - I observed that the files ripped Memory Player sounds so much better. I am planning to upsample my favorite cds to 24bit/96 khz through the Memory Player too, because I observe improvement in playing it in higher resolution. The retail of $12k (transport only) for a computer based player turned off  a lot of people but I think depende yan sa situation ng buyer, I won't criticize somebody for shelling out $19k for a Koetsu Coralstone with diamond cantiliver if he can afford it. I think the digital format has come a long way, especially now with the digital servers. Some people say bits are bits, they should all sound the same. I don't think so, I compared. Doc, one thing that piques my interest now in the digital world is Amarra.

Jen - thanks for the offer, I'd love to do that. I was actually quite excited when I was told that I could be hanging out with the BB Boys in Magallanes after our session in Val's place in Sta Rosa, then biglang nawala nang parang bula yung offer. I think you were in Singapore during the time I was in the Phils.

When I visited Phils last April, I felt bad that I was not able to meet with Doc Fer and friends because I had to return to Batangas earlier than planned.

I would love to have coffee with you and Doc Fer  ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 02:16 PM »

Jen - thanks for the offer, I'd love to do that. I was actually quite excited when I was told that I could be hanging out with the BB Boys in Magallanes after our session in Val's place in Sta Rosa, then biglang nawala nang parang bula yung offer. I think you were in Singapore during the time I was in the Phils.

Yes, I believe I was in SG then, Ding...We'll organize a meet-up when you arrive here...We (BB) rarely see each other na rin due to hectic skeds...but we'll cook up something, OK?? Tutal January pa naman, we have lots of time to prepare something for you...We'll all welcome you with open arms...Thanks!
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2009 at 02:19 PM by Superman »

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 01:06 AM »
wow !!! another new discovery sir Ding... AMARRA Computer Music Player !!! integrates well with my fav iTunes.. hhmm.. it will compel me to grab an Apple laptop  ;D

i understand and feel what you endured many months ago sir Ding... i recall a thread (definitely not here at PinoyDVD) where comments came from actual owners and non-owners.. the non owners were much much resolute and volatile (meron pang all caps and big letters yung isa, buti na lang na-"sanitized" yung post niya  ;D)... how could some of them posted negative comments on a topic about an inexpensive gadget (portable digital source) they professed not to have listen to (with lossless source material and revealing transducers at least) nor owned ?...audacity to debate with ones who actually own and use these digital source/playback units ?... simply ridiculous, absurd, preposterous, nonsensical, taunting  

i/we also understood your predicament with regards your recent short vacation.. priorities must come first

we have portable headphones, smallish amps (tubes, s/s) and audio/video playback system to share with you on your next visit to P.I. ... in less than an hour you can enjoy several amps and transducers practically in any chosen place we meet.. even Starbucks have ample space for these portable audio/video gears as these are quite convenient to transport and set up so as to maximize time utilization..

our buddies (me included) will surely learn tons of infos from your interest on our hobby and from your vast amount of actual experience with ultra high end audio/HT gears  ;)

looking forward to having coffee-fi chat with you and our PinoyDVD buddies  8)

cheers !!!
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:05 PM by bass_nut »