Author Topic: Survivor: Tocantins (12th February, 2009)  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Survivor: Tocantins (12th February, 2009)
« Reply #30 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 03:42 PM »
This week's vote made last week's disappointing blindside worthwhile. One of the best tribal councils ever.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 07:59 PM »
It's so much fun when the smug and kampante are sent packing.  ;D

Sierra is in an interesting position, though: align with the psycho coach, or with most of the people who betrayed her original alliance?

I'm really curious about one thing: would it have been against the rules for Brendan to have passed his hidden immunity idol to Sierra before he left the tribal council area? It seems like that could have added even more fun to tonight's show.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 08:45 PM »
Great outcome. Now I'm glad that I didn't miss this season. :)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 10:07 PM »
It would be nice to see Coach get the boot but the other contestants might want to keep him because everyone would vote for anyone except Coach when it is already the final two.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 27, 2009 at 08:56 PM »
I don't know, I don't expect this to be a final 2 finale...except for "Survivor: Micronesia-Fans vs. Favorites", 5 of the last 6 seasons were final 3...

From the looks of it, it's now Taj/JT/Stephen on one side, and, Coach/Debbie on one side...Erinn will continue to be a pawn to the former Jalapao 3...and Sierra? She's still an outcast...

If the former Jalapao 3 are successful, we might see a 7-member jury made up of former Timbira castaways...with all the love "_____" is getting from the other Forza castaways, I won't be surprised if "_____" wins the US$1 million and become this season's Sole Survivor...

Offline IsuLrae

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM »
No, this would be a Final 2. I've read that they will start alternating F2's and F3's to keep the viewers "happy".

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2009 at 01:00 PM »
Really? Nevertheless, I still expect the former Jalapao 3 ending up as the last 3 castaway standing...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009 at 08:32 AM »
Some enterprising guy started a Twitter account in Coach Wade's name and it's hella funny.

http://twitter.com/SurvivorCoach

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009 at 03:23 PM »
^ I read about that. The comment was "it's hysterical until you realize it's barely satire."  ;D

Did I just hear the school principal say "supposebly"? ::)

Oh, and Tyson was so gay in that shirt.  :D Looking at his bio he apparently spent 2 years in the Philippines as a Mormon missionary.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2009 at 07:12 PM »
Wow, I wonder how Coach and Debbie will react/respond when JP asks/talks about them being the biggest hypocrites this season, as shown on Episode 11...I hope they don't ask Coach so much question during the reunion show or else the answers might come out too long and take up too much air time...hehehe...How can they say/claim that Sierra wasn't loyal? I hope after this season ends, they will have the guts to admit that they were liars and that Sierra was totally loyal to her alliance, Brendan and the exile alliance...

an excerpt of JP's Episode 11 blog...

HYPOCRITE: Coach. Coach. Coach. Dragon Slayer, you know I love you, but dude, you are one major hypocrite. Coach: ''Sierra is gonna do whatever she must to get as far as she can without any honor.'' Honor? Oh for crying out loud. It's a game and YOU are playing it as much as anyone! You lie as much as anyone else, Coach. You do see that, right? Please tell me you are smiling as you read this because you know that I know that you know that we all know that you know! Ya know? Please.

And Debbie, don't think I don't see you hiding there in the brush. Debbie: ''I'm too old for this.'' No, you're not too old. You're just frustrated that a 46-year-old woman got busted by an annoying 23-year-old. We all saw the episode. We all heard what we heard. You and Coach lied. Period. The funny part is all of you are nuts anyway because once again, it's a game! You're supposed to lie, that's part of the fun! ''Who can I trust?'' is the single great question of the game.

source: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/jeff-probst-blo.html

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009 at 09:28 PM »
from CBS..."A shocking Tribal Council turns the game on its head and reveals the true intentions of some very conniving castaways"

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009 at 09:52 AM »
I'm really curious about one thing: would it have been against the rules for Brendan to have passed his hidden immunity idol to Sierra before he left the tribal council area? It seems like that could have added even more fun to tonight's show.

Although no one has tried it, it's probably okay to do so.  Jeff once said that Survivor basically has only two rules: You can't hit anyone, and you can't conspire to share the money.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009 at 09:54 AM »

an excerpt of JP's Episode 11 blog...

HYPOCRITE: Coach. Coach. Coach. Dragon Slayer, you know I love you, but dude, you are one major hypocrite. Coach: ''Sierra is gonna do whatever she must to get as far as she can without any honor.'' Honor? Oh for crying out loud. It's a game and YOU are playing it as much as anyone! You lie as much as anyone else, Coach. You do see that, right? Please tell me you are smiling as you read this because you know that I know that you know that we all know that you know! Ya know? Please.

I think Coach is delusional.  What a great character find!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009 at 03:06 PM »
I learned something from Survivor! And no, it wasn't from coach. :D That substituting numbers for symbols thing by Steven--I tried it, it works! I'm using that from now on, hehe.

BTW, how sad is it that coach's "loved one" is his assistant coach. Does he realize what that says about him? ;D

Oh and I want coach to get to the end. That'll be the best final tribal council ever!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 at 03:07 PM by sardaukar »

Offline IsuLrae

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009 at 11:39 AM »
I learned something from Survivor! And no, it wasn't from coach. :D That substituting numbers for symbols thing by Steven--I tried it, it works! I'm using that from now on, hehe.

BTW, how sad is it that coach's "loved one" is his assistant coach. Does he realize what that says about him? ;D

Oh and I want coach to get to the end. That'll be the best final tribal council ever!

EXACTLY - from the substituting to coach's loved one to coach surviving till the end!  That'll be great!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009 at 11:39 AM by IsuLrae »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009 at 06:56 PM »
I hope "A" won't get pressured by "B", and remain focused on the real goal that is to become "Survivor: Tocantins"'s sole survivor...hey "B", this is survivor...just be happy that you weren't the one voted off...You may have the brawns, but, I think "A" is the brain of your alliance...

Of the 4 remaining castaways...I think "B" is more popular with the jury...nevertheless, I think "A" is the more deserving one...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009 at 06:59 PM by phildo »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009 at 08:39 AM »
From Survivor's Official Facebook page...

"On the special two-hour season finale, "I Trust You But I Trust Me More," the Final Four are whittled down. After one shocking vote, a seed of doubt is planted by a carefully constructed lie that, after the second vote, leaves the final two turning on each other at the final Tribal Council. Then stay tuned for an hourlong live reunion show!"

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009 at 02:21 AM »
I found this to be the most entertaining Final Tribal Council since Season One. The questions were well thought out, and it was fun seeing both "friends" taking jabs at each other to get votes, too. Highly emotional, if artificially so.

In other Survivor news, Survivor Africa winner Ethan Zohn has cancer.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009 at 02:32 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline IsuLrae

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM »
Yeah, this was definitely the most entertaining Final Tribal Council ever  :)
But still, Erinn should've won  :-\

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009 at 12:36 PM »
I found this to be the most entertaining Final Tribal Council since Season One. The questions were well thought out, and it was fun seeing both "friends" taking jabs at each other to get votes, too. Highly emotional, if artificially so.

In other Survivor news, Survivor Africa winner Ethan Zohn has cancer.  :-\

Yup, really cool questions. Couldn't believe Stephen would actually choke on the event he looked forward to the most. It was such a lame move to actually start telling the truth at the final council when he never had a problem lying during the whole game process. No one would've known if he was lying or not. It's his word against theirs.

Sad to hear about Ethan. Is he still with Jenna?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009 at 01:33 PM »
Sad to hear about Ethan. Is he still with Jenna?

Yes, and she's by his side:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20279566,00.html

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009 at 03:20 PM »
The Jalapao alliance is very interesting.  In some instances, members of the alliance voted on their own (Taj voted for Coach; Stephen voted for Coach), and yet, after tribal council, the alliance was still there.