Author Topic: singapore:where to shop for audiophile equipment  (Read 19562 times)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hi-fi shops in Singapore
« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 01:21 PM »
sir tonyT,

how about capacitors? any idea what brands are available and their prices? tnx

may isang newbie dito nahihiya pa pero very knowledgeable sa singapore audio/hifi market. robert post ka na!  ;D ;D ;D

whatever we have here, they have in singapore and more...for capacitors, Burlington square is the place to go, for other caps, Sim Lim Tower is the place...kaya lang pag nagtanong ka, tatanungin ka agad, ilang hundreds and kailangan mo.... ;D

btw, mundorf caps can be found in Adelphi shops....
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 01:26 PM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 02:03 PM »
main site nila: www.echoloft.com for b&s, hifi forum

ang ma i a add ko na lang cguro sa topic e ung LHS sa 2nd floor nung Sim Lim Tower, complete or almost complete ung Belden cables nila.  call them before u buy, too busy cla to entertain u personally, but will promptly prepare the cables to u according to ur spec on ur scheduled collection.

kung biz trip ka lang, cguro di ka naman mag hihila ng mga tube amps pauwi... kung ako pupunta dun gusto ko bumili ng CD player na MIC, o kaya ung mga bagong Panasonic AVR na may digital amp... for these go to COEM (Adelphi basement), Audio88 (1st floor), Music by Design (2nd floor), Aural Design (3rd floor), Audio Trio (for Slim Devices, USB dacs, etc, they have relocated na)

... or mag-hit & run audition ka ng Acoustic Zen Adagio, Escalante Design Fremont, Revel Ultima Salon sa Aural Design, mga higanteng horn loaded sa Music by Design  ;D
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #32 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 10:09 AM »
whatever we have here, they have in singapore and more...for capacitors, Burlington square is the place to go, for other caps, Sim Lim Tower is the place...kaya lang pag nagtanong ka, tatanungin ka agad, ilang hundreds and kailangan mo.... ;D

btw, mundorf caps can be found in Adelphi shops....

tnx....makapagpabili nga din ng caps sa kumpare ko  :)

main site nila: www.echoloft.com for b&s, hifi forum

ang ma i a add ko na lang cguro sa topic e ung LHS sa 2nd floor nung Sim Lim Tower, complete or almost complete ung Belden cables nila.  call them before u buy, too busy cla to entertain u personally, but will promptly prepare the cables to u according to ur spec on ur scheduled collection.

kung biz trip ka lang, cguro di ka naman mag hihila ng mga tube amps pauwi... kung ako pupunta dun gusto ko bumili ng CD player na MIC, o kaya ung mga bagong Panasonic AVR na may digital amp... for these go to COEM (Adelphi basement), Audio88 (1st floor), Music by Design (2nd floor), Aural Design (3rd floor), Audio Trio (for Slim Devices, USB dacs, etc, they have relocated na)

... or mag-hit & run audition ka ng Acoustic Zen Adagio, Escalante Design Fremont, Revel Ultima Salon sa Aural Design, mga higanteng horn loaded sa Music by Design  ;D

hi sir robert :)
picture naman ng malinam-NAIM korsun/dussun jungSon cant wait to hear your excellent setup....why cant we pinoys have audio gear manufacturers like these...in-tsktsktsk  ;D

http://blog.stereophile.com/china2006/
http://www.dussun.com/english/products.html

http://www.jungson.com/content/product_pages/ja88c.htm

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 at 04:06 PM by oweidah »

Offline ericag_ph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 11:01 AM »
for the short visit to singapore...

don't forget to get the tax refund forms from the shop...
you can get the GST S$ refund at the airport...   ...see the details when arriving...
but the forms have to be provided by the seller...
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2007 at 11:02 AM by ericag_ph »

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2007 at 12:55 PM »
yup, and how much na nga yung GST? last time i was there it was 3%...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline bhongskie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 04:40 PM »
GST last time I was there was 5%   ;)

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 03:11 PM »
does anyone know if I can have a box weighing 12kg as my handcarry luggage?  I'm bringing home an amp from Singapore to Manila and my intent is to have the amp (inside the box of course) as my handcarry luggage.

Would Philippine customs (and for that matter Singaporean customs) require me to pay taxes?  Need your inputs please coz I'll be flying home tomorrow.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 05:44 PM »
sa philippines ka lang matatax hindi sa singapore. baka may rebate pa nga yan for g.s.t. w/c is 5%. hingi ka lang ng form sa store na binilihan and then you can claim it at the airport when you leave.

matatax ka lang dito pag nakita nila na may dalaka so make sure to hide the box well. d nila masyado pinapansin handcarry except if its too big to fit inside the overhead bin

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 21, 2007 at 10:18 PM »
sa philippines ka lang matatax hindi sa singapore. baka may rebate pa nga yan for g.s.t. w/c is 5%. hingi ka lang ng form sa store na binilihan and then you can claim it at the airport when you leave.

matatax ka lang dito pag nakita nila na may dalaka so make sure to hide the box well. d nila masyado pinapansin handcarry except if its too big to fit inside the overhead bin

thanks bro!

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2007 at 09:10 AM »
yes and no.

no - limit is 7kg
yes - if they let you, or you can get away without being noticed.
sometimes they don't weigh your bag...specially if small enough.

however, note the size of your box...if it doesn't fit the overhead compartments, or below your chair,
they will check it in...even if you got on board the plane with it.

yes, philippine customs will tax you if they see an amp (hot item). 
what they don't see, they won't tax.

don't forget the tax refund form from the singapore vendor...so you can get the GST refund at the Changi airport.

does anyone know if I can have a box weighing 12kg as my handcarry luggage?  I'm bringing home an amp from Singapore to Manila and my intent is to have the amp (inside the box of course) as my handcarry luggage.

Would Philippine customs (and for that matter Singaporean customs) require me to pay taxes?  Need your inputs please coz I'll be flying home tomorrow.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2007 at 09:12 AM by ericag_ph »

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2007 at 12:31 PM »
yes and no.

no - limit is 7kg
yes - if they let you, or you can get away without being noticed.
sometimes they don't weigh your bag...specially if small enough.

however, note the size of your box...if it doesn't fit the overhead compartments, or below your chair,
they will check it in...even if you got on board the plane with it.

yes, philippine customs will tax you if they see an amp (hot item). 
what they don't see, they won't tax.

don't forget the tax refund form from the singapore vendor...so you can get the GST refund at the Changi airport.

What I did before is to have a back pack big enough to have the amp without its box. You can fold the box and put it in your checked in baggage if you want to save it. Backpak, most often, are not inspected. The trick? Put all your underwears on top of the backpak!  ;D  ;D  ;D This is to discourage them from opening a 'pandora's box'!
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
Yeah, a large new box that clearly says "YAMAHA RXV459 RECEIVER" or something like that
is like saying...guys TAX me...please TAX me again of my hard earned cash that you TAXed just last month.  ;D

What I did before is to have a back pack big enough to have the amp without its box. You can fold the box and put it in your checked in baggage if you want to save it. Backpak, most often, are not inspected. The trick? Put all your underwears on top of the backpak!  ;D  ;D  ;D This is to discourage them from opening a 'pandora's box'!

Offline JoNi

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: singapore:where to shop for audiophile equipment
« Reply #42 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 01:09 PM »
Guys,

Can anyone suggest a reputable store in SIngapore that sells PS3 & Onkyo receiver? I,ll be there next month, and I'm wondering if worth ba the hassle to bring those stuff home.

TIA
Epson 3020e
Onkyo SR373
Polk Audio Speakers
Panasonic BDT 220
PS3 FAT

Offline killer_smile3

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • PS3 & Xbox360 Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM »
Ako din punta this sunday. I wanna buy PS3 and video camera. San bang store na mura? Pede ba ko makabili ng PS3 tapos di ko declare sa customs?

Offline JoNi

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Feb 21, 2008 at 10:20 AM »
Ako din punta this sunday. I wanna buy PS3 and video camera. San bang store na mura? Pede ba ko makabili ng PS3 tapos di ko declare sa customs?

Killer-smile3

I also bought my Sony digicam & DVD video cam in Singapore. Mura lang doon, around 40-50% cheaper (Ex: Sony T100 in the philippines last July was around PhP 32,000 in Singapore its around 18,000 less 5% GST pa). I bought my unit at Mustafa in Little India (open 24 hours), I dont have the chance to look for other shops though.
Epson 3020e
Onkyo SR373
Polk Audio Speakers
Panasonic BDT 220
PS3 FAT

Offline kn89

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 07:28 PM »
MGA BRO,

SARADO NA KLAS AUDIO  SA DITO SA ADELPHI MALL.

Offline sebman

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Guru
  • yes mi lord
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 07:40 PM »
MGA BRO,

SARADO NA KLAS AUDIO  SA DITO SA ADELPHI MALL.

ganda nung sale ng harman kardon sa dealer ng infinity sa ground mall.. harman kardon 645 for 30k lang..  :)

Offline kn89

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 06:09 PM »
closed na rin ang jbl, infinity and harman kardon showroom dto sa adelphi. kaya last time nag sale sila ng mga display units at a very low price.

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Adelphi in Singapore
« Reply #48 on: Oct 11, 2008 at 10:29 PM »
AV shops sa iisang building.

Offline sultan72

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #49 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM »
my wife and i are planning to do an "electronics pilgrimage" to singapore
in november...
wife ko interested in cellphones, point and shoot cams, and hair irons ata...
ako hometheater nirvana ... what's a good store particularly in adelphi w/c would give
good discounts?
anyone here who knows a good forwarder na pede mag ship ng mga boxes full of goodies
like a receiver, a plasma tv and speakers?  :D

...if all else fail... buy na lang locally at a much higher price vs singapore... :(
the question is mas mura nga ba talaga..? but last time i was there electronics were selling 20%-50%
cheaper vs here...

Offline sultan72

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 01:13 PM »
or is it cheaper in HK?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #51 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 01:32 PM »
or is it cheaper in HK?

i think prices fluctuate on both places, we can't really say one is cheaper than the other. although in general they will be cheaper than buying our stuff here, but you will be surprised that for some items, prices here in the philippines can be quite competitive (once you know where to look) and when you really think of it, the comfort of being able to have your unit replaced or serviced for free (during warranty period) is also an added advantage that buying in singapore and hk does not give us.

in my case, i only buy small electronic stuff like cameras, maybe an occasional laptop or other electronic gadgets like ipod or nintendo ds or psp that are clearly cheaper in both sg and hk and also easily transported back to the philippines without our customs hassling as for duties and stuff. what i do is to just fold the boxes flat and use the stuff i bought as if its not new so when i come in to our airport. its as if you also took the same stuff out.

but for your plans to buy audio or even video rigs, its not the same case since you will have to bring boxes in, even if you can have the stuff shipped door to door, you will have to compute if the savings you get is worth the risk once the goods experience any problems during the warranty period. my opinion.  :)

Offline sultan72

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 02:02 PM »
i agree with you 100%
but it's really very tempting tho... ;)

...i'll probably end up buying it locally... unless... ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #53 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 06:32 PM »
i agree with you 100%
but it's really very tempting tho... ;)

...i'll probably end up buying it locally... unless... ;D

i think once you and your wife are there, your wife might buy more small electronic stuff than you.  :D

Offline sultan72

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 26, 2009 at 01:38 PM »
i think once you and your wife are there, your wife might buy more small electronic stuff than you.  :D

and while she is going crazy over smaller gadgets
i just hope i don't get to buy too much "large electronic stuff" on impulse... ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 11:31 PM »
Adelphi
Sim Lim Square
Funan Digital Life
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline tarsi

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 09, 2009 at 03:33 PM »
mga boss, sa adelphi din ba ang bilihan ng mga LPs, phono pre-amp and other turntable stuff?

how about pre-owned gears and tubes (specially NOS)?