Author Topic: Rockstar-INXS  (Read 7429 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Rockstar-INXS
« Reply #60 on: Sep 20, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
tomorrow's the big day!! I'm going to be glued to the tv at 930AM!  ;D ;D

OT: I went to my sister's house and saw my bayaw's CD collection... I was happily surprised to see cds of The Rolling Stones (40 Licks), Queen (Greatest Hits I, II, III), Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon), etc... Almost all the classic rock songs sung in Rockstar I found in the CDs like Start Me Up, Money, Paint It Black, Bohemian Rhapsody, etc... All of them now loaded on my iPod  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2005 at 05:07 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 11:29 AM »
Well, congratulations to the winner. I wasn't rooting for him but I think they did choose who's best for the band (I hope that makes sense) Heh.
Amor Fati

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 02:36 PM »
Well, congratulations to the winner. I wasn't rooting for him but I think they did choose who's best for the band (I hope that makes sense) Heh.

yup... it's all about chemistry. and when he performed with the band for the first time, you could almost taste it. ("never... never... never... taste it!"... LOL. sorry. got carried away!  :P)

i just hope he doesn't blow this chance of a lifetime... INXS isn't squeamish about firing a lead singer if you don't deliver. the other two will have flourishing careers in the music industry for sure. (hoping the same for sweet suzy...  ;))

final thought (minor spoiler): maybe the *filthy tee shirt* is what landed him the job... cheeky! LOL.
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005 at 02:37 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #63 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 02:43 PM »
The final show was a bit anticlimactic... I knew *bleep* would be the first to go the moment he chose to sing *bleep*  ;D Hearing all three also *bleep*'s performance was the weakest...  :P At least may brand new Civic siya  ;)

I think the winner deserves it. His style really blends well with INXS compared to the other guy who gives the band a very grungy sound...  ;D

Meron kaya uli nito next year as Brooke Burke implied... Hmmmm anong band naman kaya ang maghahanap?   ???

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 08:36 PM »
The final show was a bit anticlimactic... I knew *bleep* would be the first to go the moment he chose to sing *bleep*  ;D Hearing all three also *bleep*'s performance was the weakest...  :P At least may brand new Civic siya  ;)

I think the winner deserves it. His style really blends well with INXS compared to the other guy who gives the band a very grungy sound...  ;D

Meron kaya uli nito next year as Brooke Burke implied... Hmmmm anong band naman kaya ang maghahanap?   ???

van halen??

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 08:51 PM »
The splash page of the band's official website (www.inxs.com) displays the pics of the band members with a big photo of their new frontman.

The site says the song he (co-)wrote for the show will be released as a single in October! COOL! 8)
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005 at 08:55 PM by ߪ®™ªn¹ª© »

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 10:24 PM »
 ;D I am glad JD won because he really sounded great and fresh. I was hoping he'd win (and win he did) but felt that INXS would go for the more mature and scary-looking MARTY..Having had the chance to sing INXS songs when he landed in the bottom three countless times must have made the band realize that he could be the "One". As for MIG,  "Bohemian Rhapsody" must have been  the fly in the ointment, the hair that broke the camel's back. Well, at least he thanked the Philippines..
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005 at 10:28 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 12:52 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations to the winner!  Well now he can probably say he Rocks!  coz he's now a certified rocker!!!  ;)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Rockstar-INXS (THE FIRST SINGLE COMES TO iTUNES OCTOBER 4)
« Reply #68 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 12:15 PM »
IT'S OFFICIAL!... currently burning the airwaves of radio stations in the west coast and on sale at itunes beginning october 4....
the first single off the new INXS album!

PRETTY VEGAS**
inxs

Pretty Vegas
Written by J.D. Fortune and INXS
Performed by INXS

Fallin’ asleep at the wheel again baby
You’re driftin’ over the line, line yeah
You’re hands are tied, but you’re losin’ grip quickly
Fix me, could you read the sign

Thumbin’ your way to Vegas, dirty
Dreamin’ of the other side
Save your tears and laughter because
It doesn’t matter what you find

It ain’t pretty
After the show
It ain’t pretty when the pretty leaves you
With no place to go

If you think you want it
Here’s the place to get it
It ain’t pretty

When, everything that you do is wrong and
You feel like you can barely survive, yeah
When those around you are crumblin’ downwards
Buried in the sunset of life

Screaming like youe back from hell
Save your dreams and occupations
Doesn’t matter what you sell

It ain’t pretty
After the show
With no place to go

So, if you think you want it
Here’s the place to get it
It ain’t pretty,yeah, yeah
It ain’t pretty

Dreamin’ like you’re out of control
Save your tears and laughter
Because this is the ride
This is the show

It ain’t pretty
After the show
With no place to go

If you think you want it
Just come in and get it

** i LOVE LOVE LOVE the studio version... andrew's new arrangement is soooooo INXS! (if you're resourceful... you can easily find it already.  ;) just remember that the studio version is  3:28...  ;D) it's already broken into the charts of most radio stations due to it's high rotation! i expect RT or some other local station will start playing this soon.  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #69 on: Mar 23, 2008 at 02:40 PM »
MiG Ayesa will be doing the lead role in the Asian touring production of We Will Rock You, the musical based on the hits of Queen.

It runs March 28-April 27 in Singapore at the Esplanade Theatre and from May 16-June 1 (may be extended) in Hong Kong at the Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts.

We Will Rock You, the musical by Queen and Ben Elton is an electrifying show that's guaranteed to blow your mind.

Now is its 6th year on London's West End, where it continues to play to packed houses. We Will Rock You has captivated 6 million theatre goers around the world form London to Las Vegas, Toronto to Tokyo and beyond.

We Will Rock You is an enormous multi million dollar musical featuring stunning costumes, sets and lighting. The multi talented international cast includes New Zealand’s pop princess Annie Crummer as the Killer Queen and rock star INXS finalist MiG Ayesa, who reprises the West End success, in the starring role of Galileo.

We Will Rock You is a futurist adventure set in the year of 2350, a time when live music is banned on earth, but the kids are rebellion, fighting against the all powerful Globalsoft Corporation which controls their lives and feeds them a diet of synthesized pop.

We Will Rock You features 26 of Queen’s legendary hits including Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are The Champions, Radio GaGa, Another One Bites The Dust and Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

We Will Rock You delivers a show that reflects the scale and spectacle that marked Queen’s live performance and earned the band its pinnacle position in rock history.

Don't Miss It!

Official site: http://www.lunchbox-productions.com/show_wwry/overview.shtm
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2008 at 02:48 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #70 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 08:30 PM »
Wow. Poor JD Fortune  :-[ :

INXS singer broke, homeless after being fired from band

SYDNEY (Reuters) – The lead singer of Australian rock band INXS, J.D. Fortune, who was picked to replace the late Michael Hutchence in a contest on a reality TV show, said he has been fired without warning from the band.

Fortune, 35, a Canadian rock singer, was living out of his car when he won the CBS network's 2005 reality TV series "Rock Star:INXS."

He became the frontman for the six-man band, taking the place of 37-year-old Hutchence who was found dead in a Sydney hotel room in November 1997 with a coroner ruling he had committed suicide.

With Fortune, INXS released the album "Switch" and went on a world tour in 2006 and 2007 to promote the album that featured the singles "Pretty Vegas" and "Afterglow."

But Fortune told Entertainment Tonight Canada that INXS fired him literally with a handshake at an airport in Hong Kong, leaving the band without a frontman and with a new album on hold.

"I found myself really alone because I had travelled with these guys for 23 months," Fortune told Entertainment Tonight Canada without saying exactly when he was sacked.

He acknowledged that he had been taking drugs including cocaine while with the band but said he had been drug free for two years.

Fortune said he was now back living out of his car and had spent all his remaining money on a solo album called "The Death of a Motivational Speaker."

"From the street to the air back to the street again. It is only me," he said.

A spokeswoman for INXS told the Australian media that she could not comment on Fortune's sacking.

(Writing by Belinda Goldsmith, Editing by Patricia Reaney)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090220/people_nm/us_inxs_1
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2009 at 08:31 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #71 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM »
^ Drugs can do that to you. I can't blame INXS for doing that to him.