Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 187602 times)

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #90 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 06:10 PM »
POLK RTI is the best bang for buck speakers. lalo for audio junkie on a tight budget like me :)

good imaging. it places the instrument and vocal correctly. and its not even that hard to drive :)

before investing on the next preferred brand / model. You guys should give this speaker a chance. Sa Sound Quality lalaban ito. its a bit bright on the tweeter pero generally neutral sounding. Easily my second choice over B&W 685
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2010 at 06:14 PM by ment »

Offline zekiber2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "FAITH can move Mountains"
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 07:58 PM »
how much kaya lsi9?  ;D , ano kaya mas mura pashipping or local purchase hmmm curious lang

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 11:07 PM »
check out a review from customers who bought the Polk Audio RTi series from AMAZON:

Customer review # 1
These are some really wonderful speakers. I auditioned literally dozens of speakers from Polk, Klipsh, Energy, B&O etc. Some of the ones I tested were 10 times the price of these Polks and even excluding price considerations, these were the best I heard (I even enjoyed them more than the more expensive Polk LSi Series).

In the past, I would have said that I prefer loudspeakers with a more rounded, mellow, laid-back sound as opposed to ones that are a bit more forward and precise, but the RTi A7s changed my mind. They are not at all harsh or bright, and while they are very precise, they're not at all fatiguing to the ear. To my ear, these speakers offer a fantastic listening experience for both music and home theatre. And, while you're not buying speakers to look at them, you'll be happy with the real wood finish and superb craftsmanship of the cabinets as well.

Of course, sound quality is somewhat subjective, so you should listen for yourself if you can. However, there's a good reason why these speakers are sold out and back-ordered all across the country: they're really that good. If you can actually get your hands on them, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Just for reference: I use these about 70/30 for music/TV. I have an Onkyo 876 powering these speakers and have them paired with the Polk MicroPro 1000 Sub, Polk CSi A4 Center and a set of Polk RTi A3s for the surrounds. You don't have to source all your speakers from one manufacturer or series, but the Polks are all "timbre-matched" to ensure seamless sound. (Speakers have "accents" and in some cases--particularly with the fronts and the center channel--mix-and-match speakers can sound harsh). Hope this is helpful.

Review # 2
I got these on a different website, but I cannot sing their praises enough. They, as stated in other reviews, are 42" tall and weigh around 60lbs. I got the cherry ones and my wife couldn't be happier. The all black bachelor pad look just isn't for us, but these nice warm cherry speakers are beautiful.

As with all speakers, they get better with age. That is true for these more than any others I have heard. They start out a bit harsh, so much so that I almost regretted my purchase. Then one day, about a month after purchasing them, I turned on my Denon AVR 890 and something magical happened. The sound was full and warm. I thought my wife had changed some equalizer settings, so I checked...everything was the same. Each and every day that I use these (along with my Denon AVR 890, CSi A6, and RTi A3 surrounds, and PSW 125) whether for movies, music, video games, or whatever, I am overjoyed.

One final thing, and I'm not sure if any other reviewers have discussed this: These are built for two channel audio primarily. There is no reason to spend this kind of money if you just want two fronts for your 5.1 surround sound. The volume and sound quality for 5.1 should be approximately equal across all channels. If 5.1 sound is your game, get the most expensive center channel you can afford (for dialog) and get 4 matching bookshelves for the other channels.

If you want a sound system that can do 2 channel audio as well as 5 channel video, these are the speakers for you.

One final note on the Polk RTi system: If you calibrate it correctly and want GOOD sound (not just boomy bass), your living room will sound better than 90% of movie theaters. IMAX is a different story and some really high end theaters callibrate correctly, but the vast majority think that more bass means higher quality. Get a good HT setup, a PS3 Blu-ray player, and you'll never have to pay $10 for crappy sound again. Consider it an investment.

Offline zekiber2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 11:29 PM »
These are some really wonderful speakers. I auditioned literally dozens of speakers from Polk, Klipsh, Energy, B&O etc. Some of the ones I tested were 10 times the price of these Polks and even excluding price considerations, these were the best I heard (I even enjoyed them more than the more expensive Polk LSi Series).

im not sure if the customer is referring to the fs or bs of lsi series, all reviews of lsi9 are positive (best sounding speaker for its price) hmmm

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 12:21 AM »
The LSi is the top of the range speakers from Polk. Do note the suggested retail prices:

LSi 15 floorstanding speakers – P84,990 a pair

-          LSi F/X Surround Speakers – P52,990 a pair

-          LSi 9 bookshelf speakers – P52,990 a pair

-          LSI 7 bookshelf speakers – P42,490 a pair

-          LSi C center speaker – 32,390 each

Most shops that carry Polk Audio can probably give you a good package price. Do note that LSi is 3 ohms as compared to RTi which is 8. So you need a more powerful receiver/ amplifier to drive the LSi.

I am using LSi in wall and in ceiling in my house and it sounds fantastic.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #95 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 02:59 AM »
im not sure if the customer is referring to the fs or bs of lsi series, all reviews of lsi9 are positive (best sounding speaker for its price) hmmm

The LSi speakers are really good. :) I'm sure it applies to both bookshelf and tower variants.

You just need enough current to drive them well (not so hard with high power SS gear these days).

Offline zekiber2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 06:22 AM »
The LSi is the top of the range speakers from Polk. Do note the suggested retail prices:

LSi 15 floorstanding speakers – P84,990 a pair

-          LSi F/X Surround Speakers – P52,990 a pair

-          LSi 9 bookshelf speakers – P52,990 a pair

-          LSI 7 bookshelf speakers – P42,490 a pair

-          LSi C center speaker – 32,390 each

Most shops that carry Polk Audio can probably give you a good package price. Do note that LSi is 3 ohms as compared to RTi which is 8. So you need a more powerful receiver/ amplifier to drive the LSi.

I am using LSi in wall and in ceiling in my house and it sounds fantastic.

thanks a lot for this one now i know my goal hehe matatagalan pa pala hehe

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 09:07 AM »
The LSi speakers are 4 ohms and the RTi is 8 ohms

Offline louise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 12:41 PM »

Hey guys, this is my first post on PDVD. I've been creeping around here whenever I needed a good source of info,but now I need your expert advise for me to have excellent speaker for my HT. (HT80% / Music 20%)

I'm looking at buying a new set of 5.1 speaker. I preferred floor standing for the main speaker that will be married soon to my Marantz AV receiver. I'm considering Polk Audio RTiA9 for the front but for the price range, it almost the same with B&W 683. Both are excellent speaker hence, hard for me to deside. If looks will be the basis, I'll go with RTiA9 but of course performance will be a big factor to consider.

Much appreciated if you could share you expert opinion.

Btw,I dont have ddcated room for my HT for now. HT will be setup in our living room with open area to dinning. 

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 01:53 PM »
but i think the A9 has more drivers than the 683 right? :)

still it is better that you be one to decide for it via audtion :) good luck

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 02:12 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first post on PDVD. I've been creeping around here whenever I needed a good source of info,but now I need your expert advise for me to have excellent speaker for my HT. (HT80% / Music 20%)

I'm looking at buying a new set of 5.1 speaker. I preferred floor standing for the main speaker that will be married soon to my Marantz AV receiver. I'm considering Polk Audio RTiA9 for the front but for the price range, it almost the same with B&W 683. Both are excellent speaker hence, hard for me to deside. If looks will be the basis, I'll go with RTiA9 but of course performance will be a big factor to consider.

Much appreciated if you could share you expert opinion.

Btw,I dont have ddcated room for my HT for now. HT will be setup in our living room with open area to dinning. 

If you feel the Polk Audio RTi A9 to be out of your budget, why don't you consider the RTi A7, its less then P50,000 for a pair.

Offline louise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 03:39 PM »

my budget is around 100K for the set of 5 speaker. I like RTiA9 design compared with B&W 683 but big consideration is the performance. I know you can't go wrong in both speakers but of course one should stand out.

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 10:11 PM »
my budget is around 100K for the set of 5 speaker. I like RTiA9 design compared with B&W 683 but big consideration is the performance. I know you can't go wrong in both speakers but of course one should stand out.

Come by the shop and compare the Rti a7 and B&w 683 so you'll be able to hear the differences between the two. :)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 10:53 AM »

Suggest you go for the following:
- RTi A9 floorstanding
- CSi A6 Center
- RTi A1 bookshelfs
you should probably get everything for a little more then P100,000

If you need a sub, I suggest you consider the incredible DSW Micro pro 4000 or 3000 or the good value DSW Pro 600 or 500

Offline louise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 03:30 PM »
@ Sanjay: Pls. let me know the package price  ;) Btw, Rti is made in china?

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 09:55 PM »
i know these were posted before but its been a while so here's for those who missed em the first time :):

A few Polk RTi A1 reviews:

"The Polk RTi A1 offers an impressively wide soundstage filled with convincingly solid bass performance, tremendous dynamics, well-focused voices, and a clean, detailed top end. If you’re in the market for a speaker package that offers you a huge bang for your buck, I highly recommend auditioning a pair."

See the full review here - http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/polk_rtia1.htm

"Conclusion
I loved the Polk RTi A1. Right out of the box, it delivered a huge impression of quality, value, and performance way beyond its price point. It's put together wonderfully and delivers very attractive, engaging, and dynamic sonic performance. It even will likely appeal to buyers with higher budgets, and who doesn't need to save a few bucks these days. This is one of Polk's best offerings in many years and comes with an enthusiastic endorsement from HomeTheaterReview.com."

See the full review here - http://hometheaterreview.com/polk-rti-a1-bookshelf-loudspeakers-reviewed/

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM by Topper »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM »
Nice product Topper. The RTi speakers are very lovely indeed. :) Great bang/buck.

I hope more people can hear the LSi speakers though. Those are truly enamoring. :)

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 03:24 PM »
Nice product Topper. The RTi speakers are very lovely indeed. :) Great bang/buck.

I hope more people can hear the LSi speakers though. Those are truly enamoring. :)

watch out in the next few weeks :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM »

Nice. :) I've been telling people about this line, but the majority are not aware of the capability of this series.

The LSi has that refinement that aligns it with speakers in a higher price bracket.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM by Stagea »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #109 on: Jul 17, 2010 at 07:59 PM »

New line?

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jul 18, 2010 at 01:45 PM »
New line?

Same stuff but should be more easily accessible :)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:26 AM »
For every purchase of a 5.1 Polk audio RTi set with subwoofer, get a free Polk Audio MiDock Studio Ipod speaker dock. Polk Audio speakers are available in most reputable A/V shops.

Offline jon2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Sep 10, 2010 at 01:52 PM »
Nice. :) I've been telling people about this line, but the majority are not aware of the capability of this series.

The LSi has that refinement that aligns it with speakers in a higher price bracket.

Sir, I agree. I actually auditioned the lsi7 and the B&W 705 side by side, but I've heard just a slight difference in high."Nautilus vs the Ring Radiator",the 705 is a bit clear in highs, but in midrange/bass they are just tied.Overall winner is lsi7 because of its price against 705 that almost twice.

Offline jon2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Sep 10, 2010 at 01:58 PM »
I just wonder, bakit walang thread ang Polkaudio lsi series.Ang gandang tumunog nito. :) :)

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Sep 12, 2010 at 08:47 PM »
how much kaya yung RTI A9?

Offline cls

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Sep 12, 2010 at 09:17 PM »
i know these were posted before but its been a while so here's for those who missed em the first time :):

Whats the srp of rti a1?

A few Polk RTi A1 reviews:

"The Polk RTi A1 offers an impressively wide soundstage filled with convincingly solid bass performance, tremendous dynamics, well-focused voices, and a clean, detailed top end. If you’re in the market for a speaker package that offers you a huge bang for your buck, I highly recommend auditioning a pair."

See the full review here - http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/polk_rtia1.htm

"Conclusion
I loved the Polk RTi A1. Right out of the box, it delivered a huge impression of quality, value, and performance way beyond its price point. It's put together wonderfully and delivers very attractive, engaging, and dynamic sonic performance. It even will likely appeal to buyers with higher budgets, and who doesn't need to save a few bucks these days. This is one of Polk's best offerings in many years and comes with an enthusiastic endorsement from HomeTheaterReview.com."

See the full review here - http://hometheaterreview.com/polk-rti-a1-bookshelf-loudspeakers-reviewed/

Offline ron_cs

• Collector
  • The Wanderer
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Sep 12, 2010 at 09:34 PM »
Bro, Polk Audio RTi a1 is 14,990 a pair. Just PM Sanjay or Marc (AV Shop) :) 
From The Land Down Under

Offline cls

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Sep 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM »
Great. Thanks sir
Bro, Polk Audio RTi a1 is 14,990 a pair. Just PM Sanjay or Marc (AV Shop) :) 

Offline keema

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 05:56 PM »
Sir Sanjay or Sir Marc

can i get the prices of your Polk Audio RTI series?

to be specific i want to ask for the price of the RTI A9..

Thanks..

Offline ron_cs

• Collector
  • The Wanderer
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 07:15 PM »
Sir Keema, Polk RTi a9 is 75.490k according to Mr Sanjay the last time na mag inquire ako. PM mo rin si Mr Marc he can give you a good deals on Polk gears. ;)
From The Land Down Under