Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 186031 times)

Offline tein

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sound and Vision Home Entertainment 0917-5160808
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #930 on: Feb 19, 2014 at 07:26 PM »

Mga sir,

I'm also considering to get rtia9, can a  marantz sr6007 (100w) drive this? Or add na lan ko pre-amp. I'm just starting my ht set-up kaya po konti pa lan knowledge. Thanks po :)

Si RtiA5 busog dyan sa 6007 sir.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #931 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:12 PM »
I'm considering the Rti model to pair with my Denon 1713. My use is 80% movies, 20% music and these 20% is actually mostly for concert DVDs.

I'm planning to audition the combination, but preparatory to that, I have a few questions:

1. Since the listening area is only about 10sqm, is it okay to just use the Rti A3 (as I have a subwoofer anyway)? Overkill na ba if A5?
2. If I just get the A3, do I just pair it with the smaller center (A4) or the Csi A6?
3. Will it sound horrible if I use my Mission M70 as surrounds in the meantime, or di bagay ang sound ng Mission and Polk?
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:15 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #932 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:29 PM »
I'm considering the Rti model to pair with my Denon 1713. My use is 80% movies, 20% music and these 20% is actually mostly for concert DVDs.

I'm planning to audition the combination, but preparatory to that, I have a few questions:

1. Since the listening area is only about 10sqm, is it okay to just use the Rti A3 (as I have a subwoofer anyway)? Overkill na ba if A5?
2. If I just get the A3, do I just pair it with the smaller center (A4) or the Csi A6?
3. Will it sound horrible if I use my Mission M70 as surrounds in the meantime, or di bagay ang sound ng Mission and Polk?

1. Get the A3, i like the sound of it more than the A5 even if it's an FS
2. Get the CSi A6, Mas maganda vocals dito than the A4
3. No issue if you use the Mission for surrounds... I have used different brands for surrounds even the one that comes with a mini compo, and di naman noticeable na iba yung speakers mo..

Ohh by the way, I had a full Polk audio setup before so i have experience with A3, A6 and even A1..
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:31 PM by Courage »
Walang Setup

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #933 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:55 PM »
Ok din sir yung fxi series if may budget pa.. mas naappreciate ko sya kesa sa owm3..hehehe..laki ng improvement for me..

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:57 PM »
1. Get the A3, i like the sound of it more than the A5 even if it's an FS
2. Get the CSi A6, Mas maganda vocals dito than the A4
3. No issue if you use the Mission for surrounds... I have used different brands for surrounds even the one that comes with a mini compo, and di naman noticeable na iba yung speakers mo..

Ohh by the way, I had a full Polk audio setup before so i have experience with A3, A6 and even A1..

I was planning pa naman to upgrade to a5.. buti nalang nabasa ko to..hehehehe.. pero nung naudition ko nga A5 parang hindi ko manotice difference sa A3..

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #935 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 08:15 PM »
I was planning pa naman to upgrade to a5.. buti nalang nabasa ko to..hehehehe.. pero nung naudition ko nga A5 parang hindi ko manotice difference sa A3..

Actually mas maganda ang details ng A3 kesa A5. This is when i did a side by side with it. I went home with the A3 after...
Walang Setup

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #936 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 08:17 PM »
thanks for the feedback Courage! I'll listen to the A3 + A6 in my auditions.

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #937 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 08:35 PM »
How about the the A1 compared sa A3? sobrang laki ba ng difference sa details and sound image?

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 08:38 PM »
How about the the A1 compared sa A3? sobrang laki ba ng difference sa details and sound image?

A3 sounds bigger than the A1, kung baga mas mataba tunog ng A3 and mas malaki ang soundstage based on my side by side comparison when i have it in my system....Details are almost the same...
Walang Setup

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #939 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM »

Thanks bro Courage.

Compared to the TSi series, malaki din ba difference? Is it worth it to get the RTi series instead of the TSi?

And if paired with an Onkyo receiver, how is it? Let's say 80% movies and the rest for music.

Thanks!

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #940 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 10:35 PM »
^If you can afford the RTi series... GO FOR IT ;)
RTi + Onkyo for HT? You have a winner ^-^

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM »
Thanks bro Courage.

Compared to the TSi series, malaki din ba difference? Is it worth it to get the RTi series instead of the TSi?

And if paired with an Onkyo receiver, how is it? Let's say 80% movies and the rest for music.

Thanks!

Yes, Get the RTi if you can afford it. I like it better than the TSi..

The RTi's will sound good on any receiver.. Pair it with a good sub and it will rock your movie experience...
Walang Setup

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM »
Actually mas maganda ang details ng A3 kesa A5. This is when i did a side by side with it. I went home with
Actually mas maganda ang details ng A3 kesa A5. This is when i did a side by side with it. I went home with the A3 after...

Nice...iwas gastos for the A5 :)

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM »
Yes, Get the RTi if you can afford it. I like it better than the TSi..

The RTi's will sound good on any receiver.. Pair it with a good sub and it will rock your movie experience...

Ano ba ideal na receiver sir? Like malaki ba diff if I go let's say with the high end receivers compared to the mid level or entry level sepcifically for the RTIA3 and CSIA6?
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM by Icermad »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM »
Ano ba ideal na receiver sir? Like malaki ba diff if I go let's say with the high end receivers compared to the mid level or entry level?

It actually depends on your needs, Is you room big? Do you need a lot of power to fill your room with sound? The ideal receiver is what sounds best for you and will cater all your needs HT needs...

Low end receivers, means lower power and fewer features, but the question is, do you need all that power and features? I have a mid level receiver and to be honest hindi ko ata nagagamit kahit kalahati ng power and features ng receiver ko eh.. But then again you also need to take into account the load of your receiver, meaning how efficient your speaker is..

The Polks are very easy to drive.. You dont need a lot of power to make them sing Loud, well maybe except if you get the RTi A9, but then again if you have a small room you wouldnt need an RTi A9 or a very high powered receiver..

Planning your HT is the key... Asking the forum for ideas is the next step.. Then Auditioning if it sounds good to you. But remember, what may sound good in the store may not sound good at your room..

Happy hunting..

Walang Setup

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM »
It actually depends on your needs, Is you room big? Do you need a lot of power to fill your room with sound? The ideal receiver is what sounds best for you and will cater all your needs HT needs...

Low end receivers, means lower power and fewer features, but the question is, do you need all that power and features? I have a mid level receiver and to be honest hindi ko ata nagagamit kahit kalahati ng power and features ng receiver ko eh.. But then again you also need to take into account the load of your receiver, meaning how efficient your speaker is..

The Polks are very easy to drive.. You dont need a lot of power to make them sing Loud, well maybe except if you get the RTi A9, but then again if you have a small room you wouldnt need an RTi A9 or a very high powered receiver..

Planning your HT is the key... Asking the forum for ideas is the next step.. Then Auditioning if it sounds good to you. But remember, what may sound good in the store may not sound good at your room..

Happy hunting..

Thank you sir! That's what I noticed when I tried the Onkyo 5 series and 6 series..didn't notice much of a difference :) and yung half of the features for sure di ko rin nagagamit..heheheh... I have a pretty small room so I guess sir yung Entry to Mid Level is already ok :)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM »
Thank you sir! That's what I noticed when I tried the Onkyo 5 series and 6 series..didn't notice much of a difference :) and yung half of the features for sure di ko rin nagagamit..heheheh... I have a pretty small room so I guess sir yung Entry to Mid Level is already ok :)

And when you buy the speakers you want and receiver you need, it doesnt stop there. It may or may not sound good in your room. All the equipment i bought sounded really good at the store, but when i brought it home it's totally different. This is because every room is different, thats why treatment and calibration is needed. An entry level speaker and amp will sound really good in a well treated room and a high end speakers and amp will sound bad to a room full of echoes.. Enjoy your hunt sir...
Walang Setup

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #947 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 07:08 AM »
still happy with my ONKYO 805 + RTI A series....
tumigil na ung sars ko sa HT.
pede na.. laman tyan na .... saka na magupgrade kapag naabot ko na ung sahod ni boss jason...haha
Love me or hate me.....

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 01:50 PM »
Thanks bro Courage.

Thanks!

No more Tsi sir. TSx na, and yes, better get the RTi sir. You won't regret them.

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 02:25 PM »
And when you buy the speakers you want and receiver you need, it doesnt stop there. It may or may not sound good in your room. All the equipment i bought sounded really good at the store, but when i brought it home it's totally different. This is because every room is different, thats why treatment and calibration is needed. An entry level speaker and amp will sound really good in a well treated room and a high end speakers and amp will sound bad to a room full of echoes.. Enjoy your hunt sir...

Naginvest narin ako ng konti sir sa Acoustic Panels and Diffusers laki ng improvement talaga..pero I'm sure there's room for a lot more.. wala pako Bass traps.. I just found a guide lang sa youtube on how and where to place them...

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 02:32 PM »
BTW, Ano pala magandang cross over settings for the A3 and CSI A6? Should I set it to 80 or large? Tapos yung Sub din sir.. ano ba frequency nun.. sa HK 260 ko kasi before walang option na ganun e.. Sa Onkyo 609 meron :) hehe..

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #951 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 03:07 PM »
BTW, Ano pala magandang cross over settings for the A3 and CSI A6? Should I set it to 80 or large? Tapos yung Sub din sir.. ano ba frequency nun.. sa HK 260 ko kasi before walang option na ganun e.. Sa Onkyo 609 meron :) hehe..

Try to set the A3 xover to 80Hz and the A6 to 60Hz...
The LPF for LFE set it at 120Hz...

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 03:21 PM »

Thank you sir :) Will try this later!

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 03:22 PM »

Sorry I forgot something.. how about the Front High (Bose Acoustimass) and Surrounds (FXI A4)? Or tanggalin ko na front high? hehe

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 06:45 PM »
Many thanks to the helpful Rti owners. At least I'm getting some clarity on what to audition :)

Offline bhenard

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Practice perfect,nobody is perfect,so why practice
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 01:06 PM »
Ano ba ideal na receiver sir? Like malaki ba diff if I go let's say with the high end receivers compared to the mid level or entry level sepcifically for the RTIA3 and CSIA6?
Onkyo NX-TR616 mid-level receiver paired to Rti A3 and Csi A6...panalo sa HT. u wont regret w/ proper room treatment.
Samsung UA75' F8000
OnkyoTX-NR616/Onkyo RZ730
PSB T6 / Polk tsi100 a3/a4/a6
TanoyTS2.10/ SVS PB12

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #956 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 01:47 PM »
Sorry I forgot something.. how about the Front High (Bose Acoustimass) and Surrounds (FXI A4)? Or tanggalin ko na front high? hehe
paglaruan mo sa 80 and 70hz
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Mar 02, 2014 at 09:08 AM »
paglaruan mo sa 80 and 70hz

Alright! Thank you sir! :)

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #958 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 02:50 PM »
@icemad sakto yan sa 80hz boss

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 03:18 PM »
@icemad sakto yan sa 80hz boss

@Tein - Thank you sir! BTW, I recently just changed my receiver from the Onkyo 609 to the Yamaha Aventage 820.. I set the Subwoofer frequency at 80hz.. Parang isa lang option na nakita ko e where to set the frequency.. wala option like the Onkyo to set the frequency for each e.. ok na kaya yun? And parang ang option dun is either to set the speakers to Large or Small?