Author Topic: SAMSUNG 2333HD - 23" LCD TV (Full HD)  (Read 16272 times)

Offline demmet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I follow the worldwide rule "Sharing is Caring"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SAMSUNG 2333HD - 23" LCD TV (Full HD)
« Reply #60 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 01:01 PM »
The specs says Tuner is ATSC, which is digital.

Can this monitor accept our analog cable tv?

Accept both signals.  ;)

Offline demmet

• Collector
  • I follow the worldwide rule "Sharing is Caring"
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 01:05 PM »
so pwede ba 'tong (2333HD) panooran ng cable tv like sky or destiny? kung pwede, okay na 'to....

Used it  both on  analog and  htdv signals.and more better on ps3 and xbox360. :D

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Apr 30, 2009 at 06:00 PM »
musta sound nito? i hope they extend the promo

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009 at 08:36 PM »
I heard the price now is 19k....

Offline andlisten

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Go ahead funk
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2009 at 07:44 AM »
I got one P16k last April 30/09 (habol sa promo) -Silicon Valley Megamall. The display price is P 18,300.00 nego cash price is P 16,500 to P 16,350.00. Good timing there were 2 customers arrived looking for the same item so we combined our order and we got it at a last price of P16k. Tested the remote working at a far distance, tv is fine connected to sky digi box thru antenna input. However, I Can't connect my phillips dvd player wala palang input para sa RCA composite video (yellow jack). I tried my hdd payer connected via vga but no luck. Now i'm planning to buy wd hdtv (P5,800.00) to watch my movies here pero wala palang kasamang hdmi cable ang wd hdtv which you need to buy separately at P 250 or P750 (branded). Aabot pala ng P 20k++ Hayyy. .. anyway I'm satisfied with it because this way we get bonding with my family.

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2009 at 10:58 AM »
I got one P16k last April 30/09 (habol sa promo) -Silicon Valley Megamall. The display price is P 18,300.00 nego cash price is P 16,500 to P 16,350.00. Good timing there were 2 customers arrived looking for the same item so we combined our order and we got it at a last price of P16k. Tested the remote working at a far distance, tv is fine connected to sky digi box thru antenna input. However, I Can't connect my phillips dvd player wala palang input para sa RCA composite video (yellow jack). I tried my hdd payer connected via vga but no luck. Now i'm planning to buy wd hdtv (P5,800.00) to watch my movies here pero wala palang kasamang hdmi cable ang wd hdtv which you need to buy separately at P 250 or P750 (branded). Aabot pala ng P 20k++ Hayyy. .. anyway I'm satisfied with it because this way we get bonding with my family.

one thing you can get to use your Philips DVD player is the RCA to HMDI cable...  this costs about 400pesos only...

Use the following connections:

Philips DVD > RCA / HDMI > 2333HD

It works :)

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2009 at 02:54 PM »

Nice deal bro. congrats!

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2009 at 03:27 PM »

sir, i thought that the promo includes a samsung dvd player with hdmi output and cable?
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline andlisten

• Collector
  • Go ahead funk
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2009 at 03:29 PM »

one thing you can get to use your Philips DVD player is the RCA to HMDI cable...  this costs about 400pesos only...

Use the following connections:

Philips DVD > RCA / HDMI > 2333HD

It works :)

Thanks for the info.cnn, will check on this later. I got my bnew WDTV today at PC option shaw P 5,800 + P420 HDMI cable.  When i connect it to HDMI1  the screen says "no device connected" the same I got when I tried connecting to HDMI2 though I change the settings from source button:

input> HDMI1 > HD DVD (also tried to change settings available like a/v receiver, media adapter etc.) but still device not detected. Ano kaya ang tama, me kulang ba sa ginawa ko. Patulong naman mga bro for the benefits of newbie like me.

Offline andlisten

• Collector
  • Go ahead funk
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2009 at 03:35 PM »
sir, i thought that the promo includes a samsung dvd player with hdmi output and cable?

Kasama nga daw nung player but can't wait baka matagalan pa dating ng unit. it takes 2 weeks to 1 month daw. So I bought HDMI cable already to use this because the only available connection for video is HDMI and antenna.

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009 at 10:53 PM »
Got this 2 weeks ago after me and my wife decided to get a flat monitor to replace our 8 year old 15" AOC CRT monitor whose color is HULKISH or SHRECKISH. I let my wife choose among the displays in SV SM Annex and we had the same choice. Very cool, just big enough for the space we had. I now frequently enjoy surfing the net and editing photos and home movies. The TV function is a welcome feature not to mention its a FULL HD monitor. Got to save for upgrading my aging AMD Athlon PC  and worktable soon. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)

Still waiting for the FREE DVD PLAYER though ::)
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline Rennel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2009 at 08:14 PM »
I got one last week. My problem, the remote control doesn't work well. At first I thought the included battery is drained, but after replacing with a new one, the same problem exist. So I concluded that the problem is with the remote. I tried a different remote, but it works like the included remote. At one forum, I read that the remote control of this unit is effective only up to 2 feet, I tried the remote control in 2 feet distance and it works.

Does your remote control for this unit operates in more than 2 feet?

Offline andlisten

• Collector
  • Go ahead funk
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2009 at 09:52 PM »
I got one last week. My problem, the remote control doesn't work well. At first I thought the included battery is drained, but after replacing with a new one, the same problem exist. So I concluded that the problem is with the remote. I tried a different remote, but it works like the included remote. At one forum, I read that the remote control of this unit is effective only up to 2 feet, I tried the remote control in 2 feet distance and it works.

Check the mfg. date at the back should not be later than Nov. 2008 . I read from the other forum, the early batch of this units (Feb 2008) has remote problem usually at 2 ft distance. Btw, does it include the dvd player promo. Mine was manufactured Nov. 2008 and its remote is working even at far distance. :)

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2009 at 09:57 PM »

When I got this unit, I thoroughly reviewed and read on it. I really love its design and looks compared to the others. It has glitches on the older batches which includes the IR sensor on the MONITOR NOT THE REMOTE CONTROL UNIT.
Have it returned and  make sure to check on:

1. Remote sensitivity up to more than 15 feet or more ( w/o obstructions)
2. Dead Pixels ( the promo guy should help you with this)
3. Read the link all 28 pages so far.  http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=175661

Hope this helps!

Offline Rennel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2009 at 09:46 AM »
Thanks to this thread. I returned the unit. At first I thought its just the remote.
Buti na lang nabasa ko dito. Muntik nang remote control lang papalitan ko. November 2008 ang manufactured date pero kasama siguro ng bad batch. Trusted ko na kasi yong seller kaya di ko na na check ang remote, nag concentrate lang ako sa dead pixel. Anyway, pinalitan yong unit lang, other accessories, yon na rin sa dating box ko. Pasok pa rin daw sa promo kasi sabi nila up to May 15, binili ko ng May 9 at sila pinakamababa sa lahat ng napagtanungan ko for 15,000 lang.

Offline snicky11

• Apprentice
  • King of the hill
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2009 at 12:17 PM »
sir rennel,

san po nyo nabili un unit nyo? meron pa po b kaya un promo nila na may free dvd player? 15000 yun ryt? sya ata yun cheapest. im thinking of upgrading my old 19" adi monitor na kc.

Offline Rennel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM »
@snicky 11

Sa PCWorx Gilmore. 2nd floor sa Gilmore IT Center. Actually 15,500 price nila, suki lang ako don kaya ibinigay, pero pwede rin siguro tawaran para ibigay din. Sabi nga pala kahapon ng mag replace ako ng unit, until tomorrow na lang yong DVD promo.

Offline snicky11

• Apprentice
  • King of the hill
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2009 at 02:38 PM »
tnx rennel. sino kausap mo dun? tell them na refer mo ako sa kanila. :)

Offline Rennel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2009 at 08:41 AM »
@ snicky11

Hanapin nyo po si Jane. Sabihin nyo, si Rennel nag refer sa inyo. Wag nyo lang kalimutang check for dead pixel lalo na yong remote. Nong i-try remote ng replacement unit ko, lumabas pa ng store at lumiban pa hanggang don sa kabila ng escalator, malapit sa CDR king para lang ma test ng ayos at working naman...

Offline snicky11

• Apprentice
  • King of the hill
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2009 at 02:37 PM »
rennel,
went to pcworx & got same deal for the monitor. tested remote & dead pixel all ok. thanks dude for the referral. :)

Offline Rennel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2009 at 07:48 AM »
Oks lang bro. Mabuti naman ibinigay din ng mababa. Enjoy your monitor... Hehe... Tv pala...

Offline zan1731

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2009 at 05:12 PM »
ok ba sha for 1080p sa ps3?

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2009 at 12:35 AM »
Its OK for the PS 3, NMT and Other HD sources. SD Cable signal is decent still trailing behind CRT and PLASMA.
Just got the FREE DVD from the courier. Its a mixed bag. Great looks but thats it. So much jaggies and blur on normal DVD viewing. Animation is better though but still miles away from a decent upscaling player like my OPPO Dv 980H or even my trusty (480i only) Pioneer DV-525 ( 10 years old ). Region 3 locked but can be hacked ( I sincerely hope so) ..But hey its free. Beggars can't be chosers! :)

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2009 at 09:19 AM »
HOW TO MAKE YOUR FREE DVD PLAYER ( F1080 ) REGION FREE:

1. turn on dvd player
2. make sure there's no dvd in closed tray
3. press 'repeat' button
4. 'no disc' disappears in left corner
5. press  56732 if you have a R3 player

29334 if you have a R1 player
            57538 if you have a R2 player
            76884 if you have a R4 player
            53814 if you have a R5 player
            24462 if you have a R6 player

* current region code is visible in left corner

6. press 9 for code free
7. press 'Standby'
 Hope this helps ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009 at 09:22 AM by ESi »

Offline zan1731

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM »
pano ang pasok ng video signal dito? meron ba sha na rca video input?
i'm thinking kasi if i buy this, kung magagamit ko pa yung mga dvd players ko and others na naka rca.

Offline greg

• Collector
  • YEHEY!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2009 at 03:01 PM »
can this be wall mounted too? how much kaya bracket for this model and san meron?
SPINWEB
"Moving businesses online."
http://www.spinweb.ph/

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2009 at 04:16 PM »
hello po, ang pagkaiba lang ba nito compared to 2333SW ay ang TV tuner? planning to get the SW as i will be using it as monitor ng PC.

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
The 2333HD can be wall mounted with an optional bracket the price i have no idea yet.
This has a VGA, DVI-D, 2 HDMI, Component Video, DTV Tuner, Optical (remote) for its inputs...NO COMPOSITE and S-Video. ;)

Offline talijay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2009 at 06:15 PM »
can this be wall mounted too? how much kaya bracket for this model and san meron?
try to check tipidpc for lcd wall mounts..

Offline Rennel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2009 at 07:45 PM »

I got one for 1,500php free delivery, from tipidpc. Atilla ang brand.