Author Topic: 2009 NBA Finals  (Read 26350 times)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2009 at 06:41 AM »
Houston evens the series 2-2 with a 99-87 win over the Lakers. Kung kelan nawala si Yao saka tinambakan ng Rockets ang Lakers.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2009 at 07:29 AM »
^Looks like LA wasn't mentally prepared for this, while Houston played like the proverbial wounded animal. What's worse is Odom appears to have suffered an injury.  LA should be relieved they still have homecourt advantage... >:(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009 at 08:17 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2009 at 08:59 AM »
Sablay talaga ang Lakers. Rockets - McGrady - Mutombo - Yao = a game 4 W. They totally dominated the Lakers in that game. Masyado naging complacent ang LA. Tsk, tsk. Kung makalusot man sila sa Rockets and ganyan pa rin ang attitude nila, yari sila sa Nuggets or Cavs.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM »
buzzer beater by Big Baby ties the Boston-Orlando series.. the Celtics are hanging in there..

Offline msgt16

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM »
Onga e. The defending champs don't just give up. If sila man makalusot dyan, kawawa lang sila kay Lebron... that's for sure.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM »
Lakers were totally embarrassed by a depleted Houston team.  Looks like they were satisfied just to get homecourt back.  Very bad attitude for a team predicted to be championship caliber.  I expect LA to come out strong for the next game.  Then slide back and probably relax the game after that.

This was what sportswriters' call as a lack of  a killer instinct.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM »
Sablay talaga ang Lakers. Rockets - McGrady - Mutombo - Yao = a game 4 W. They totally dominated the Lakers in that game. Masyado naging complacent ang LA. Tsk, tsk. Kung makalusot man sila sa Rockets and ganyan pa rin ang attitude nila, yari sila sa Nuggets or Cavs.

Onga e. The defending champs don't just give up. If sila man makalusot dyan, kawawa lang sila kay Lebron... that's for sure.

+1 to both posts.  I'd like to see LA advance, but they will be easy targets for Denver and Cleveland (assuming LA goes to the Finals), who are both playing with the kind of energy and drive you'd like to see in title contenders.  Sisiw lang talaga ang mga semifinal opponents nila.

I'm sure Cleveland fans want Boston to advance so that the Cavs can say that they earned the right to get to the finals by beating the defending champs.  But I think Orlando will be a better match-up for the Cavs in the East finals.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009 at 01:24 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2009 at 05:08 PM »
bold prediction ko LA vs CAVS...
CAVS winning it at game 6...

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2009 at 05:51 PM »
tama naisip ko na mananalo ang houston sa game 4 :)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2009 at 07:09 PM »
tama naisip ko na mananalo ang houston sa game 4 :)

In my previous post, I said it's gonna be 4-2 for LA.  I'm sticking by it.  Even with a healthy Yao, I don't think Houston has the manpower to beat LA.  The next round versus a resurgent Denver, however, would be a problem for LA.  If they keep playing the way they're playing now -- on and off, then Denver might just pull an upset.  But still I trust Coach Phil to motivate his players.  He has enough championship pride to bring his team to the finals vs Cleveland.  So yeah, i still think it's gonna be an LA vs Cleveland finals.

Besides, that's what the NBA wants this year :  an LA Clev Finals.  Commish Stern will do everything to make this happen.  Magaling si Stern sa ganyan.  Remember last year?  From the get go, everybody was talking about an LA Boston finals.  The NBA was able to do it.  Galing no?  So I think this year, it's gonna happen again.

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2009 at 07:31 PM »
buzzer beater by Big Baby ties the Boston-Orlando series.. the Celtics are hanging in there..
+1.
Another Game 7 scenario in the offing. Reminiscent of their run last year.
It would have been exciting to see KG and Lebron battle for the Eastern Conf finals.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2009 at 10:37 PM »
In my previous post, I said it's gonna be 4-2 for LA.  I'm sticking by it.  Even with a healthy Yao, I don't think Houston has the manpower to beat LA.  The next round versus a resurgent Denver, however, would be a problem for LA.  If they keep playing the way they're playing now -- on and off, then Denver might just pull an upset.  But still I trust Coach Phil to motivate his players.  He has enough championship pride to bring his team to the finals vs Cleveland.  So yeah, i still think it's gonna be an LA vs Cleveland finals.

Besides, that's what the NBA wants this year :  an LA Clev Finals.  Commish Stern will do everything to make this happen.  Magaling si Stern sa ganyan.  Remember last year?  From the get go, everybody was talking about an LA Boston finals.  The NBA was able to do it.  Galing no?  So I think this year, it's gonna happen again.

Yup, Stern can do anything...just like, the non-call during Dallas' game 3 loss to Denver... ;D

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2616
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009 at 09:55 AM »
nasweep ng cavs ang hawks  :D :D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2009 at 01:00 PM »
Dallas won...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2009 at 03:26 PM »
Dallas won...

If they called that foul in Game 3, it possibly would have been 2-2 now.. I really feel bad for the Mavs..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009 at 04:34 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2009 at 04:22 PM »
Yup, Stern can do anything...just like, the non-call during Dallas' game 3 loss to Denver... ;D

Oh, the non call. Na excite daw yun referee kaya di naka whistle.  He he.  Actually, for me the only explanation is that the referee was looking at the feet of Anthony rather than the opponent.  He wanted to make sure that if and when Anthony makes the 3 pt shot ( which he did! ), it will be official meaning he was in rainbow country.   Can't really blame him.  Breaks of the game.  The lesson for Dallas, or for any team, is when you foul, you gotta foul convincingly, especially in those situations.

Here's an interesting article about that (in)famous non call...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11736089

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2009 at 04:34 PM »
the referee could have anticipated that, though.. he knew the game situation.. Dallas had a foul to give.. anyone who understands basketball knows that Dallas would foul.. It was really costly for Dallas.. I would have loved that series to go 7 games.. I find the LA-Houston series boring now because of the Lakers..

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2009 at 06:08 PM »
the referee could have anticipated that, though.. he knew the game situation.. Dallas had a foul to give.. anyone who understands basketball knows that Dallas would foul.. It was really costly for Dallas.. I would have loved that series to go 7 games.. I find the LA-Houston series boring now because of the Lakers..

Problem was Wright didn't execute well.  Tentative masyado.  "Not only did he seem unsure of whether he was supposed to be defending the shot or fouling, but after he reached in, Wright pulled off and raised both his arms in the air. Everybody in basketball -- most of all the officials -- recognizes that as the universal body language for a player trying to make it clear that he wasn't trying to foul"  It should have been a hard "Jawo" foul.  Yun tipong di na makakatayo si Anthony pagkatapos. 

On another angle, Denver's only play on a road game was an immediate 3 point shot.  Had Anthony missed, and a 3-point foul was called, I'm sure Dallas will be singing a different tune.  But water under the bridge.  Nag sorry na ang NBA pala.  Sayang walang rebanse eh.. I really feel bad for Dallas.  But then again, I never really think Dallas will be a title contender anyway.

A 7 Game Western Conference Finals series between Denver & LA will be more exciting! Let's just hope for that.  Unless LA takes it in 5 ( and makes it boring again ) ;D

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM »
Celtics steal another game from the Magic.  :D
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM »
With the Magic leading by 14 with 8mins to go in the 4th....the Magic gave this one.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM »
I think there'll be a Game 7 for the Celtics-Magic series. There were questionable calls that went Boston's way aside from the complacency in the part of the Magic defense.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM by wedge »

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM »
Bad coaching and lack of leadership, these are the reasons why Orlando lost that 14-point lead in the 4th quarter. It's a shame if they lose this series against Boston because I think they are the better team.

Btw, Lakers is devouring Rockets in game 5.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM »
The Magic are the better team versus a depleted Celtics line up.  As expected the Lakers are clobbering the Rockets.  Then maybe take a day off again in Game 6.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2009 at 12:14 PM »
^ Yeah.  No surprises the way LA is playing in Game 5.  But they have to display that killer instinct consistently.  Finally, an Andrew Bynum sighting...
We deserve better.

Offline XanderCage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2009 at 01:32 PM »
lakers up 3-2

118-78 final score.

key to this game, shutdown brooks and battier and scola. nevermind artest, he's way too inconsistent.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2009 at 02:36 PM »
^ Yeah.  No surprises the way LA is playing in Game 5.  But they have to display that killer instinct consistently.  Finally, an Andrew Bynum sighting...

Rockets reduced to an inter-barangay team without Yao.  Hell, even the LA Sparks can beat this lineup. 

Tama ka, Wiggum.  If LA wants to win the title this year, Andrew Bynum must flex some muscles.  Should they battle the mighty Cavs in the finals, I think Bynum must play heads up.  Based on the regular season games, the Cavs are woeful against teams with BIG MEN.  They registered 1-4 WL record vs LA and Magic.  LA has Bynum, Odom and Gasol.  Magic has Howard.  Hirap ang Cavs pag may magaling na frontcourt ang opponent.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2009 at 03:43 PM »
Rockets reduced to an inter-barangay team without Yao.  Hell, even the LA Sparks can beat this lineup. 

Hindi naman siguro.  Exaggeration na yun.   ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2009 at 04:05 PM »
Tama ka, Wiggum.  If LA wants to win the title this year, Andrew Bynum must flex some muscles.  Should they battle the mighty Cavs in the finals, I think Bynum must play heads up.  Based on the regular season games, the Cavs are woeful against teams with BIG MEN.  They registered 1-4 WL record vs LA and Magic.  LA has Bynum, Odom and Gasol.  Magic has Howard.  Hirap ang Cavs pag may magaling na frontcourt ang opponent.

haha too much exag ;D..So if the rockets beat the lakers the next game (but I doubt with all the injuries), A middle school team in america can beat LA then? :D ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2009 at 04:52 PM »
haha too much exag ;D..So if the rockets beat the lakers the next game (but I doubt with all the injuries), A middle school team in america can beat LA then? :D ;D

If the Rockets beat the Lakers in this series, then the Lakers should change their name to Laguna Lakers ( of the defunct MBA ) ;D

Of course, I'm exaggerating guys.  4-2 Lakers is my prediction here (still alive...)

nainis lang ako kasi it could've been more exciting with Yao or T Mac intact.  oh well, i'm not complaining though.  I'll just wait for the LA Denver next round.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2009 at 05:57 PM »
If the Rockets beat the Lakers in this series, then the Lakers should change their name to Laguna Lakers ( of the defunct MBA ) ;D

Of course, I'm exaggerating guys.  4-2 Lakers is my prediction here (still alive...)

nainis lang ako kasi it could've been more exciting with Yao or T Mac intact.  oh well, i'm not complaining though.  I'll just wait for the LA Denver next round.

Baka with Yao lang. Baka with T Mac di na naman sila nakaalis ng first round. ;D