Author Topic: 2009 NBA Finals  (Read 26411 times)

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2009 at 08:11 PM »
Baka with Yao lang. Baka with T Mac di na naman sila nakaalis ng first round. ;D

I second the motion... ;D

Offline darth_rye

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2009 at 01:34 PM »
I think the Magic coach is "choking" couldnt handle the pressure just like he did with the Miami Heat back in 2005 eastern finals with Detroit. Guess Shaq was right about him i just hope they force celtics to a game 7.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2009 at 01:58 PM »
medyo kabado ako sa lakers vs houston, i think aabot to sa game 7. if ever makalusot ang lakers then it's time to face the nuggets. pakiramdam ko mahihirapan ang lakers sa cavs. we may see cavs vs nuggets sa finals.

Offline darth_rye

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2009 at 02:30 PM »
I think their series with houston will make LA better it will be over tommorow. Bring on the Nuggets!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2009 at 02:40 PM »
I think LA will win their series against the rockets.  As for the Nuggets, di pewede yun style ng Lakers in the first 2 rounds na parelax relax lang sila.  Denver can easily get into a shooting match w/ the Lakers.  However, Denver can also defend the perimeter, transition and down low.  Dyan na maiiwanan yun Lakers.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2009 at 03:18 PM »
I think LA will win their series against the rockets.  As for the Nuggets, di pewede yun style ng Lakers in the first 2 rounds na parelax relax lang sila.  Denver can easily get into a shooting match w/ the Lakers.  However, Denver can also defend the perimeter, transition and down low.  Dyan na maiiwanan yun Lakers.

+1.  I think the Lakers have learned their lesson in the Houston series, and should advance.  However, Denver is a much tougher opponent.  Very deep like the Lakers, with a nice mix of veterans and young players.  Mas gutom pa 'to sa LA (may balat talaga si Iverson).  If ever the Lakers get past the Nuggets, their performance vs. the Nuggets will be a good gauge of how they'll fare against Cleveland.  I'm also hoping for a Lakers-Cavs Finals, but it's not a sure thing (unless the NBA does something about it  ;)).

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009 at 03:19 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM »
As expected the Lakers are clobbering the Rockets.  Then maybe take a day off again in Game 6.

I can't believe the Lakers have started the game doing just that.....take the day off.  Still early in the ballgame though.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM »
^ This is really bizarre to me too.  Parang hindi natuto sa G4.  Yeah, hope they keep that deficit manageable in the first half.
We deserve better.

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2009 at 11:12 AM »
The Lakers got their ass kicked in the first half. Hayyy... nakakadisappoint naman 'to. :-[ Yari lang sila sa Nuggets kung makalusot man sila. Anyway, I just hope everything goes well for them in the second half.

Second straight game 7 for the Celtics. Lupet! Kudos to the champs for hanging in there minus KG.

Orlando should practice their FT shooting. They have all summer to do that if they lose game 7. Palitan muna nila coach nila. ;D

Denver's on fire right now. Galing ni Billups. He'll be in his 7th straight Conference Finals appearance. West coast naman this year.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2009 at 11:15 AM »
kinakabahan na siguro si Stern ngayon.. biruin mo, ang laki ng chance na ma-eliminate yung 2 finalists last year.. his dream of a Cavs-Celtics Eastern Conference finals and a Cavs-Lakers finals is in jeopardy.. he should really blame the Lakers for that..

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2009 at 11:21 AM »
Second straight game 7 for the Celtics. Lupet! Kudos to the champs for hanging in there minus KG.

Yup a depleted line up for the Celtics and in a game 7 wherein the Magic were favored to win.  I say good job!  Both teams would end up slaughtered by the Cavs though.   ;D

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM »
It looks like there is also a game 7 between Houston and LA. The inter-barangay team is still alive.  :P Kahiyaan na'to kapag natalo sa game 7 ang Lakers.  ;D  I hope it won't happen kasi mas maganda ang series kung Denver at Lakers ang maglalaban.

I don't think the dream series between LA and Boston is going to happen. Celtics, if they win against Orlando, is going to be eaten alive by the Cavs.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009 at 12:32 PM by dyerds »

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2009 at 12:32 PM »
Yup a depleted line up for the Celtics and in a game 7 wherein the Magic were favored to win.  I say good job!  Both teams would end up slaughtered by the Cavs though.   ;D

My thoughts exactly. The winner of the Celtics-Magic series is just fodder for the Cavs. :D

May game 7 na rin ang Lakers-Rockets. Hayyy... what a disappointment. :-[

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2009 at 12:52 PM »

May game 7 na rin ang Lakers-Rockets. Hayyy... what a disappointment. :-[

id love to see an upset+ ;D
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM »
I beg to differ with the Cavs. Both the Celtics and the Magic split their season with the Cavaliers. It would be a tough series with Cleveland against any of the two teams. I think what lacks the Cavs is a strong frontcourt that can put body against a Dwight Howard or a Kendrick Perkins. Backcourt-wise, James and Williams have the upperhand.

I believe the 8-0 record that the Cavaliers have on the playoffs will end on the Conference Finals.

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2009 at 01:53 PM »
I'm a big laker fan. Hats off to houston they just wont die!  :-X Looks like nuggets chance is getting brighter.

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2009 at 01:54 PM »
I don't know about that, bro wedge.

Playoffs are different from the regular season. LA swept Houston in the regular season, for example.
So Boston and Orlando's edge against Cleveland in the reg season may not necessarily carry over.

Of course, the Cavs should not be complacent either. Dallas had the best record a couple of years ago, only to be beaten in the playoffs (first round pa nga).

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2009 at 04:35 PM »
I'm proud of my Rockets ;D..Kahit ano they are tough. Lots of you guys don't give them credit for winning:D ;D. It's always the lakers either relaxing or whatever when the rockets win :D ;D.. Inter barangay team whatever haha..:P :P..But its up for grabs now for Game 7..Nobody knows hehe..This is all in good fun naman:)..Go Rockets.

By the way I think rockets have lakers' number in the playoffs ;D
1. Time of Moses Malone in 1981, beating LA in the first round and went ahead to meet Boston
2. Sampson's last second shot in 1986 finals against LA again to advance to meet Boston again..Pero losing again  :'(

I can feel it, I can feel it ;D ;D..All in good fun ;) :)

Offline dshowstapa

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2009 at 04:45 PM »
I'm a Lakers fan but I am so dissapointed for what happened earlier. Game 7 w/out Yao?! You gotta be kidding me. And also, I don't like Kobe's performance this season. But I wish they'll win it all this year.  :)
Don't buy pirated cds...DVD is better.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2009 at 07:42 AM »
Lakers advance convincingly, but they still have to be concerned with their play as of late. Denver is going to crush them if they're not better prepared. Frontcourt advantage is gone, and Denver has more formidable players at every position.

Great series by Houston.  They should be deadlier next year at full strength. Brooks was really a revelation. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009 at 07:46 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2009 at 08:21 AM »
Sad sad day for me :'( ;D hehehe..but congrats to the Lakers. They mauled the rockets on this one.  ;D Lakers vs. Denver will be a great series.

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM »
no back to back for celts...even spurs cant do back to back champs..thats why lakers,bulls and rockets are special..3 peat...back to back

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
the cavaliers will win it this year!
lebron is the man!

Offline pyeponce

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM »
i know its a long shot, but im hoping the nuggets win over the lakers AND the cavs. :)

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2009 at 11:39 AM »
now that boston is out  (:'(  :'(  :'( ), i'm looking at a denver-cleveland finals.

sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2009 at 12:19 PM »
The teams with the complete lineup won and I am just glad.  Lakers, with all their erratic ways, managed to get over the pesky Rockets.  No Yao, no way for Houston.  In a long series like this one, every manpower counts.  But having gone to Game 7 without Yao is already a feat in itself ( shame on you Laguna Lakers! ). 
LA vs Denver would be an interesting one.  For LA to win, they've got to play consistently.  And Bynum must be dominant! 

LA in 6 games ( prediction )

The Garnett-less Boston, on the other hand, was running on all heart from day 1 of the playoffs.  7 games versus Chicago.  7 games versus Orlando.  It was just too much.  But give it to them.  As they say, never underestimate the heart of champions.  But looking ahead, I don't think Boston can match up with the Cavs anyway.  Not without Garnett.  So for me, the Magic is the better team to give the Cavs some adversity.  Hirap ang Cavs pag may magaling na malaki sa kalaban.

Cavs in 7 games ( although I'd like the Magic to win...)

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2009 at 12:40 PM »
now that boston is out  (:'(  :'(  :'( ), i'm looking at a denver-cleveland finals.

im keeping my fingers crossed on this too. ;D

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2009 at 03:21 PM »
Honestly I am an Orlando fan (due to the fact that Amway Arena is just 5.5 miles from where we live). Seeing their games regularly on TV, I can say that the Magic has a fair chance of beating the Cavs. I believe LeBron is LeBron. He'll score whenever he wants to. He can shoot, drive, rebound, steal, pass. One thing that will really put the Cavs on the ropes would be their supporting cast. A Courtney Lee or a JJ Redick can stop Maurice Williams just like what they did with House and Allen. Varejao/Lewis matchup is an offensive nightmare for the Cavaliers, defensively they're equal. Frontcourt-wise, the Cavs is the underdog. It'll be LeBron's show, no doubt about that.

I think the pressure is on the Cavs merely for having an MVP on their roster. And since both teams are hungry to get into the Finals, this series will be a nailbiter. I'm seeing a Game 7 in the offing. :)

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2009 at 05:36 PM »
Cavs vs Magic... Its like an unstoppable force (Lebron) colliding with an immovable object (Dwight).
I'd also like to see a Game 7 here.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2009 at 06:18 PM »

Just found it funny.

Kudos though to the Celts, playing hard despite being shorthanded.  Same with the Rockets.

Now, who wants the Candy most???  ;)