Author Topic: 2009 NBA Finals  (Read 26515 times)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM »
Lakers win! Si Odom nabuhay. ;D

Salamat talaga at nabuhay si Odom (especially after those two humiliating blocks by Birdman in the first quarter)!  Malaking bagay talaga 'yung all-around skills ni Odom to LA's campaign this year.  Thanks to him, Kobe needed to score only 22 points.  Sana mabuhay na rin si Bynum. 

But I doubt that LA can wrap this up on Saturday.  Game 7 'to malamang.

Hope Lebron gets the same boost from his teammates tomorrow (at least).
We deserve better.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2009 at 02:11 PM »
As for Lebron
   I think his getting ready...to go to New York hehehehehe :)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2009 at 02:24 PM »
Salamat talaga at nabuhay si Odom (especially after those two humiliating blocks by Birdman in the first quarter)!  Malaking bagay talaga 'yung all-around skills ni Odom to LA's campaign this year.  Thanks to him, Kobe needed to score only 22 points.  Sana mabuhay na rin si Bynum. 

But I doubt that LA can wrap this up on Saturday.  Game 7 'to malamang.

Hope Lebron gets the same boost from his teammates tomorrow (at least).

And 8 assists, the most of any Laker in that game.  Most of these assists are out of double team situations.  Kobe had three crucial assists -- to Vujacic for the equalizer 3 pts at the end of 3rd, to Odom and Gasol during the dying minutes. Sweet unselfish plays by the Black Mamba. 

History is seemingly on the Lakers' side here. They haven't lost a best-of-7 series that was tied 2-2 after winning Game 5 since the 1969 NBA finals against Boston. Not so good news for Denver fans.

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2009 at 06:25 PM »
Melo's clotheline on Kobe was taken off the playbook of the WWE. The Nuggets really have a thing with the WWE.

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2009 at 10:16 AM »
with the way Magic is playing, Cleveland is doomed.... After a 22 point lead, ngayon eh lamang na Magic..... Masyadong malambot tong si Ilgauskas  ;D ;D

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2621
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM »
nangangamoy orlando-lakers na ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM »
Cavs take Game 5. For once, I thought Magic na yung mananalo on the Cavs' homecourt. Then, came the Orlando trigger happy guys. Wala namang pumasok. They should've used Dwight's presence on the paint. King James again did his thing with a triple-double. Si we're-gonna-win-this-series Williams finally showed up.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2009 at 01:18 PM »
Melo's clotheline on Kobe was taken off the playbook of the WWE. The Nuggets really have a thing with the WWE.

And the Nuggets are saying that the Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game.  Wow!  Still part of the dirty tactics department huh?  Read on...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15268999

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2009 at 01:38 PM »
Cavs take Game 5. For once, I thought Magic na yung mananalo on the Cavs' homecourt. Then, came the Orlando trigger happy guys. Wala namang pumasok. They should've used Dwight's presence on the paint. King James again did his thing with a triple-double. Si we're-gonna-win-this-series Williams finally showed up.

I expected them to win.  Now, if they force a game 7 on Sunday, that will be something to watch out for...

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2009 at 11:05 AM »
denver was down 13 points last time i looked.  shutting off my tv now. nakakawalang gana pag ganito laban.  alam mo na outcome.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM »
Lakers back in the Finals! Yahoo!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM »
Near perfect game by the Lakers.   

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2009 at 01:01 PM »
Lakers win! Woohoo! ;D

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2009 at 07:05 PM »
Back to back WCF Champs!

Lets Go! Lakers!

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2009 at 07:26 PM »
2nd straight trip to the finals, sana iba na ang outcome this time. 4 more wins to go!! let's go lakers!!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2009 at 07:37 AM »
Cold blooded murder by the Lakers.  Led by the executioner Kobe Bryant. 35 pts, 10 assists, 6 boards.  And the Lakers shooting percentage?  58% from the field.  For all their inconsistencies in the past, the Lakers won when it mattered most.  They are now in the finals for the 2nd straight time and 30th time overall.   

For all of Denver's heads up play in the past that many described as championship caliber, they simply folded up and gave in to the pressure of the finals.  Western finals pa lang bumigay na!  Clearly the Finals' pressure separated the men from the boys.   With the game on the line, in a do or die situation, the Nuggets went pffffft.  They were like limp french fries there in the court.  Better luck next time boys.

The best team in the West definitely won yesterday.

As for the Lakers chances to win the title,  I'd say pretty good.  If you compare the Magic ( The Cavs are done! ) to last year's Boston, the Celtics were a far superior team.   The Lakers failed to match up with Garnett, Pierce and Allen.  Versus the Magic, the match up is pretty even.  So yeah, Go Lakers!

And for Denver, madami pa kayong kakaining champorado ;D

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2009 at 08:31 AM »
Not even the presence of Billups didn't help the Nuggets. It looked like they ran out of steam for the entire game.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2009 at 08:36 AM »

As for the Lakers chances to win the title,  I'd say pretty good.  If you compare the Magic ( The Cavs are done! ) to last year's Boston, the Celtics were a far superior team.   The Lakers failed to match up with Garnett, Pierce and Allen.  Versus the Magic, the match up is pretty even.  So yeah, Go Lakers!

Yeah.  Jeff Van Gundy was right in saying that neither the Magic nor the Cavs are better than last year's Boston squad, while the Lakers have significantly improved since their disappointing stint in the 2008 Finals.  Gasol has one full season as a Laker, Bynum and Ariza are not on the IL, bench is better (Brown > Radmanovic), and of course, the Black Mamba is on a mission of redemption.

But even so, the Magic and the Cavs present some difficult match-up problems for LA.  Let's see who advances to face LA.  Hope it's still Cleveland.  :)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 at 08:38 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2009 at 10:28 AM »
mukhang orlando-lakers na, tambak na ang cavs eh

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2009 at 10:33 AM »
Tim Duncan was the last regular season MVP ('02-'03) to lead his team to a ring...LeBron = Reg Season MVP = NO RING!!!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2009 at 11:05 AM »
Disneyland vs Disney World for the NBA Championship! Hehehe

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2009 at 11:11 AM »
I just hope Orlando's shooters show up in the finals. If they suddenly don't and the finals is not competi tive, maiinis ako sa kanila. Particularly since that will probably mean that LA will not bring their A game as well since they keep playing to the level of their competi tion.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM by sardaukar »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM »
I'm not a Magic fan but I'm a fan of underdogs.  Love the way the Magic dominated the heavy favorites Cavs.  As the song goes, Got to believe in Magic!  Congrats to all Magic fans out there.

As for the Cavs, the curse lives on.  Seems like Lebron will be wearing a new jersey next season. 

It may not be the dream match that everybody wanted, but a Lakers-Magic Finals would certainly be an interesting one. Lakers will be out there to redeem their humiliating loss to the Celtics last year.  Kobe wants to get his first ring without Shaq.  Lakers lineup intact unlike last year.  Magic is back at the Finals after 14 long years.  They want to win this as badly as the Lakers.  They've got the artillery led by Superman Howard.   

Abangan. 

Predictions, Predictions anyone?

I'd say Lakers in 6 games.  And it's gonna be close all the way...

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2009 at 11:50 AM »
Though I'm a Magic fan, I would say Lakers in 7.

This'll be unlike the Denver series wherein the Lakers' frontcourt dominated the Nuggets. Martin and Andersen doesn't have the same athletic mobility as of Howard and Lewis and, well, Turkoglu. The X-factor that would propel Lakers' to the championship is their experience in playing in the Finals.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2009 at 11:57 AM »
im not a lakers fan but i think they'll win it this time, lamang sila sa championship experience as compared sa orlando

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2009 at 01:49 PM »
Homecourt advantage will also be a big plus for LA this time around.  Hope they don't get another split in the first two games.  Stopping Howard (or limiting his touches) and the Magic's perimeter game will be key.  Malamang ubos agad fouls ni Bynum dito.  :P  Sana mag-click ang rotation ni Phil Jackson, especially in the frontcourt.     
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 at 01:49 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2009 at 03:02 PM »
in the long run, a king cannot beat supes. 

as for the finals, never was a lakers fan, but i have to admit kobe and his posse have that title in lock.  in 6 or 7 games regardless.

\m/ ('-') \m/

sa kaso kasi ng magic papasok na naman yung usapan ng dami ng champoradong kakainin.

still, one can hope.  sabi nga,  bilog ang bula.

;D :D

ang tagal pa ng byernes.  :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 at 03:44 PM by d4nu65+3R »

Offline Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2009 at 03:40 PM »
I don't think that experience will play a big role in this series. Magic is already playing like war-forged veterans right now, from hitting clutch shots to coming back from a very big deficit. All they need to do now is play as a team and hopefully that's enough to bring home the bacon. ;D

BEAT LA!!!! ;D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2009 at 05:08 PM »
After the game ended, LeBron showed that he has NO class...this is someone the sports media is comparing all playoff long to Michael Jordan? Hey, Mo Williams I would understand, he has NO class, "Mayabang"...but, LeBron? They just left the court and no shaking of hands with Dwight Howard and Co...the only player from Cleveland I saw on TV shaking hands with the Magic was Delonte West...LeBron also skipped out on reporters after that loss...

Incidentally, I think LeBron still has 1 season with the Cavs...he have to wait for the 2009-2010 season to before he can make a decision...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2009 at 05:42 PM »
Dwight's literally the LAkers' biggest problem since I don't think Bynum or Gasol can stop him while Dwight has the hops and heft to stop the LAkers bigs down low. The Magic front court (Lewis and Turkoglu) is negated by Odom and Ariza, with Ariza more than capable of blanketing both on the defensive end while I expect Odom (add Gasol to that) to easily post up or blow by both on offense. I don't think we'll see anything new that hasn't been done to Kobe (Pietrus is just another defender thrown at him) but I do see a problem with Alston being checked by Fish. Alston's too fast for him.