Author Topic: The 2009 Panasonic plasma and lcd!  (Read 30704 times)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I hope the Asian TH-P50X10 is not the same as the U.S. TC-P50X1.

On the TC-P50X1, Cnet's David Katzmaier found a flaw:

Uniformity: Most plasmas have nearly perfect screen uniformity, to the extent that we usually skip this section entirely in plasma TV reviews, but on the TC-P50X1 we encountered an issue we hadn't seen before. It might not be a classic uniformity artifact, such as off-angle problems or brightness variations across the screen--which were, as expected, basically nonexistent on this plasma--but it could be a deal-breaker for sharp-eyed viewers. Then again, most viewers probably won't notice it, at least until they read about it.

From seating distances closer than about 10 feet, we could make out a pattern of very faint, grayish diagonal lines that ran from the upper left to the lower right of the screen. The lines didn't move, but rather seemed to be a part of the screen or pixel structure.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50x1/4505-6482_7-33490593.html

On pictures, the only visible difference is the pedestal stand: 

Asia

U.S.
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2009 at 04:16 PM by barrister »

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
got my x10 for 60k... sulit na siya para sa akin..

Hmm.. I saw a bnew 42X10 sa marketplace, 58.5K yata...
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline iKiTuB

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
whoah... ang mura naman nun...

edit: parang wala naman yata ako nakita sa marketplace..
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2009 at 06:41 PM by iKiTuB »
Panasonic 65VT30
Panasonic 50X30
Panasonic 42X10
Dali IKON 6
Dali IKON VOKAL
Denon 1912

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
whoah... ang mura naman nun...

edit: parang wala naman yata ako nakita sa marketplace..

This one.

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84

Uniformity: Most plasmas have nearly perfect screen uniformity, to the extent that we usually skip this section entirely in plasma TV reviews, but on the TC-P50X1 we encountered an issue we hadn't seen before. It might not be a classic uniformity artifact, such as off-angle problems or brightness variations across the screen--which were, as expected, basically nonexistent on this plasma--but it could be a deal-breaker for sharp-eyed viewers. Then again, most viewers probably won't notice it, at least until they read about it.

From seating distances closer than about 10 feet, we could make out a pattern of very faint, grayish diagonal lines that ran from the upper left to the lower right of the screen. The lines didn't move, but rather seemed to be a part of the screen or pixel structure.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50x1/4505-6482_7-33490593.html

Asia

U.S.

Hey thanks! I'll look at it again this Saturday, and see if it's present to some degree on our local versions (X10/C10). If there is, I would also like to check how it affects actual "viewing"

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2009 at 11:38 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
Panasonic TX-P42X10 Plasma HDTV Review
It's the base model. It's only HD Ready. But it's very impressive!

Reviewed 1st Jun, 2009
By Phil Hinton

As you would expect from the base model there are no fancy extras adorning this plasma, so no NeoPDP panel, DNLA, Viera Cast, THX, Digital cinema colour or intelligent frame creation. And the screen resolution is also not full HD; instead it is 1024 x 768 pixels from a G12 plasma panel.

Picture Quality out of the box

Starting with the best out of the box settings (Cinema and Warm with Brightness and Contrast set for our room), the X10 is quick to impress with its picture quality. Although there is a slight lack of red in the greyscale and that is seen on screen with a green/yellow tone, the image is still very impressive. Dynamic, Normal and Game modes suffer more with this error and colour temperature settings of cool and normal don’t improve matters in my eyes. So, sticking with the Cinema and Warm modes is highly recommended. The first thing that really does impress with the X10 is the black levels available on what is a base model. Blacks are rich and solid with plenty of shadow detail still available.

This performance when compared to LCD screens in the same price range, show why Plasma is still a preferred choice for videophiles and those looking for accurate images. And the 720p image capabilities are not detrimental to overall sharpness or detail on screen. Indeed at normal viewing distances and side by side with the Reference Kuro in our testing room, image sharpness and detail was never an issue at normal distances. Colours do look slightly over saturated out of the box, especially reds and greens, but this is also only really noticeable with material using strong examples of those colours. For the most part you will need to give the X10 some time if your used to strong bright LCD images to get the very best detailed images. As with the more expensive Panasonic's for 2009, PWM noise is also reduced and this offers a cleaner and sharper feel to images. The X10 offers an exceptionally good image performance out of the box at this price level and certainly offers some accuracy for film and TV material.

Conclusion
We knew the higher end Panasonic plasma TVs were likely to offer excellent performance and value for money this year, as seen in our reviews. But, I had no idea just how well this base model was going to perform. And I am glad that I have taken the time to live with the TX-P42X10 because it is an exceptional performer for the money.

It might only be HD ready, but with an acceptable out of the box performance against the standards, strong dynamic range, black levels and with no special features getting in the way; the X10 is an absolute bargain that offers performance levels well above its price point. It’s a best buy!

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-TX-P42X10-Plasma-HDTV-Review.html
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 at 03:08 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Panasonic TX-P50V10 Review
THX knocks some extra accuracy into Panasonic's already excellent Plasma Displays

Reviewed 7th May, 2009
By David Mackenzie

Picture Quality

So, to sum up: we have the accuracy of the THX mode, the contrast performance of Panasonic's NeoPDP technology, and of course all of the other characteristics of Plasma displays (a wide viewing angle, a phosphor-driven natural TV-like picture, excellent motion resolution, and also the usual PDP quirks: a little bit of mild dithering/posterisation and PWM noise). The result? Overall, beautiful!

Conclusion
With a certain other company pulling out of the PDP market lately, video enthusiasts are counting on Panasonic to step up and provide high quality images in the same way that Pioneer once did: through adherence to standards, which exist for a reason. The THX mode is an absolutely fantastic step in this direction - but it's just one step. Regardless, the effectiveness of this mode is undeniable: a one-touch mode for utterly brilliant video is too much to stay mad at regardless of the other controls the TV does or does not have. Do consider this, though: were it not for THX's input into this TV's behaviour, there would be almost nothing to set this model apart from the considerably cheaper G10 series. Thanks to them, though, the out of the box Greyscale performance is wonderful, and the colour reproduction is fantastic – leagues ahead of the usual "pumped up" look. This makes for an absoutely excellent display which is not only kind to standard definition content, but one which realises HD (almost) to its full.

I started this review by mentioning that none of Panasonic's Plasmas are bad TVs (not by a long shot), and I'm about to finish it in the same way. I do think that especially at the higher end, the company should be including more calibration controls to add value for money. Several manufacturers of what often turn out to be lesser displays are managing this feat, so we can only dream what Panasonic could achieve by implementing such features. For now, though, the THX image mode combined with Panasonic's Plasma know-how win the panel a Highly Recommended badge.

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-TX-P50V10-Review.html

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 at 03:20 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:

Thanks for the professional reviews!

I've been googling all week, konti lang ang hits ko, puro low-quality write-ups pa.

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
got my x10 for 60k... sulit na siya para sa akin..
Pwede po ba malaman kun saang store 'to.

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:

Asia

U.S.

I was at SnS shang last sat to scout for some 32" models for my gf's sis. I saw the 42" X and C plasmas and didnt notice any gray diagonal lines on the screen whether the unit was on or off. The 50" versions were still unavailable, tsk tsk...

Reflection wise, I used my cel's photolight and shone on both screens to check how each model reflects the light while the sets were off. In my eyes, both screens just displayed the same amount of light and background reflections. Maybe its just me..
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009 at 05:35 AM by chris69ners »
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
I did the fan check yesterday.  For those who might be interested;

1.  Neo PDP models G, V and Z all have cooling fans at the back.

2.  The cooling fan configuration of the V series is the same as that of PZ800/850/900.  4 fans lined up near the top.   However, probably due to changes/upgrades in the features of the panel itself, the Neo PDPs are warmer to touch from the front compared to the 800/850/900 series.

3.  The G series is mysteriously "very hot" to touch particularly on the top right side - similar to the feel of the hot parts of an old laptop.   The bezel and case design is different from the V series, and it seems not as "balanced" in terms of cooling.

4.  The Z series is warmest to touch on the front.    I saw only 1 cooling fan at the back which is similar to that of Pioneer.  So perhaps the idea is to dissipate more heat uniformly from the front instead of installing additional fans at the back.  Pioneer plasmas have the reputation of being hot-ter.

Correction:  After a closer look, ang dami palang cooling fans sa likod ng Z series.  Ang nipis kase kayo mukhang breathing holes lang pero merong manipis na fan inside.   Pero warmer talaga sya compared to the regular phat ones.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009 at 08:34 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
I've seen the Panny X10 at Listening Room the other day.  While the picture quality is not heaven and earth difference when compared to the 2008 models, the build quality has somehow taken the back seat compared to last years model.

But then again, that's just me.  :)
Cheers!

Rev

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
I was at SnS shang last sat to scout for some 32" models for my gf's sis. I saw the 42" X and C plasmas and didnt notice any gray diagonal lines on the screen whether the unit was on or off. The 50" versions were still unavailable, tsk tsk...

Reflection wise, I used my cel's photolight and shone on both screens to check how each model reflects the light while the sets were off. In my eyes, both screens just displayed the same amount of light and background reflections. Maybe its just me..

Hello,

Thanks for visiting Sights and Sounds.  :) You have seen both new TH-P42X10 and TH-P42C10. Today, We have received the new 50" TH-P50C10.  :D You may wish to come back and do some audition with this model.

By the way, the TH-P50C10 is cash P87K.  ;)

Offline titopepe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
sir whats the difference between 50pc10 and 50pv80? ;D
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hello,

Thanks for visiting Sights and Sounds.  :) You have seen both new TH-P42X10 and TH-P42C10. Today, We have received the new 50" TH-P50C10.  :D You may wish to come back and do some audition with this model.

By the way, the TH-P50C10 is cash P87K.  ;)

Ok tnx boss Vic, cge I'll drop by to audition the 50C10. Im seriously thinking to upgrade na before the year ends. :)

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Panasonic's best plasma yet

In our review of Panasonic's G10 plasma we discussed how it competed for picture quality supremacy against Pioneer's now-discontinued Kuro PRO-111FD--still the best HDTV ever--and how ultimately it couldn't quite match the Kuro.

The same basic story stays true for the TC-PV10 series, but it's even better than the G10.

This Panasonic plasma has the same deep blacks that grace its less-expensive little brother, and adds a couple of key improvements: better video processing to handle 1080p/24 sources and more picture adjustments that allow it to transcend the limitations of THX mode. Its picture should satisfy all but the pickiest of videophiles, and it also outperforms any LCD-based display, LED or otherwise, we've ever tested. Beyond image quality, the V10 delivers plenty of features and an eye-catching one-sheet-of-glass design, for a combination that deserves serious consideration from buyers willing to pay for it.

Product summary
The good:
 Superb black-level performance with excellent shadow detail; relatively accurate color in Custom mode after adjustment; great color saturation; properly handles 1080p/24 sources without flicker; uses less power than previous 1080p plasmas; VieraCast provides access to select Internet services; plenty of connectivity with four HDMI and one PC input.

The bad:
 Expensive; less accurate primary and secondary colors in non-THX modes; somewhat limited picture controls; still less efficient than comparable LCDs.

The bottom line:
 The high-end Panasonic TC-PV10 series of plasmas delivers the overall best picture quality of any flat-panel HDTV we've tested so far this year.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10259971-1.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Crave

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sir whats the difference between 50pc10 and 50pv80? ;D

TH50PV80 has 400Hz Sub-field Drive, Dynamic: 1,000,000:1; Native: 15,000:1 

New TH-P50C10 has 600Hz Sub-field Drive, Dynamic: 2,000,000:1; Native: 30,000:1 :D

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Only 5 units available...

New 50" Plasma TV TH-P50C10 at P87k

Call Jonjon or Hazel for order and inquiry. Tel 634-1789 to 90.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2009 at 01:51 PM by E-reply »

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Only 10 units available...

New 32" LCD TV TH-L32X10 at P27K

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Only 5 units left...

New Plasma TV TH-P42C10 at P48K

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Liquidation Sale...

37" LCD TV TX-37LX80 at P35K

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
New 50" Plasma TV TH-P50C10 at P87k

Malapit na rin yung X series na 50-incher?

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
Yup malapit na. ;)

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Will announce the availability of TH-P50X10. Coming very soon.  :D

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: The 2009 Panasonic G10
« Reply #144 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 03:26 PM »
Not sure about the 50 inches but the 42 inches go for like 1200 to 1300 usd.

Yes it still has that feature=)

Hello there ms. comitatus,

I know you have answered this query but just to be definitely sure does the G10 have the intelligent frame creation feature? I have researched it thru reviews and they say nothing of this feature but the V series does have it. Thanks in advance! ;D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline comitatus

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: The 2009 Panasonic G10
« Reply #145 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 04:10 PM »
Hello there ms. comitatus,

I know you have answered this query but just to be definitely sure does the G10 have the intelligent frame creation feature? I have researched it thru reviews and they say nothing of this feature but the V series does have it. Thanks in advance! ;D

yes it claims to have that feature but was not able to test it...

I found a review that says something about the intel frame creation

"The Panasonic TX-P42G10 HDTV handled 1080p/24 video signal from the Sony PS3 fluidly without any sign of telecine judder. Engaging [Intelligent Frame Creation] did not introduce the dreaded video-like effect nor any significant interpolation artefacts, but because we did not observe any convincing improvement in motion resolution either, we decided to leave it off."

source po:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p42g10-tx-p42g10b-20090415146.htm

the review also confirms my observation about the green ghosts=)

"If you’re not one of the few unfortunate viewers with high retinal persistence who are extremely susceptible to phosphor trails on plasma televisions, high-definition gaming on the Panasonic TX-P42G10 will be a blast thanks to its punchy contrast, vibrant colours, lucid detail, and almost non-existent input lag."

source po:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p42g10-tx-p42g10b-20090415146.htm

Ako naman may question:

people always say that pixel response time is not an issue sa plasma but i can't find any actual figure to put a "number" sa response time...siya ba ay 2ms? 4ms or 6ms?

thank you.

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009 at 04:19 PM by comitatus »
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I recall seeing the response time somewhere. It was a .05 or faster. :)

Offline comitatus

• Collector
  • Liked:
I recall seeing the response time somewhere. It was a .05 or faster. :)

really? that's nice and thank you for the info.
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline iKiTuB

• Collector
  • Liked:
how to enable game mode sa x10?
Panasonic 65VT30
Panasonic 50X30
Panasonic 42X10
Dali IKON 6
Dali IKON VOKAL
Denon 1912

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Ms. Comitatus,

THANKS for the reply. Im eagerly awaiting the G10's local release or even an imported release which will be available soon ( I hope ) ::). I'm torn between the 2 panny 50 inchers either last years 50PY800 or the 2009 50G10 ???. Your thoughts HD Gurus? ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009 at 09:13 AM by ESi »
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile