Author Topic: 2009 Denon Blu-Ray Players  (Read 1471 times)

Offline [Sp0oN]-HD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • death from above
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2009 Denon Blu-Ray Players
« on: May 12, 2009 at 07:55 PM »
DBP-2010CI and DBP-1610CI

-- New Profile 2.0 Players, Featuring Onboard Ethernet Ports, Multiple Format Playback and More, Debut at Significantly More Affordable Prices --

Mahwah, NJ, May 11, 2009- Denon Electronics, one of the world's premier manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment components, today introduced two high-performance Blu-ray products, each designed to make the benefits of high-definition video and audio more available and affordable. The company's new Blu-ray offerings include two Profile 2.0 Blu-ray players, the DBP-2010CI (SRP: $699) and DBP-1610CI (SRP: $499.) Both are scheduled for July 2009 availability.

Denon's new Models DBP-2010CI and DBP-1610CI are both geared for use in today's most advanced integrated home entertainment systems. Among their innovative interactivity features, both include built-in BD Live and Bonus View functionality. For easy connectivity to both a host of current-day and future entertainment enhancements, the new models both feature onboard Ethernet port that allows for Internet connectivity for BD Live and firmware updates. Adding to their video handling capabilities, both models offer DivxHD playback and support AVCHD playback from BD discs made from HD camcorders.

Both players offer custom installers and customers more affordable options for enjoying the benefits of a true high-definition video and audio experience. Their highly rigid chassis and center-drive mechanisms ensure total reliability and optimum performance at all times. For ultimate image quality, the DBP-2010CI features leading-edge ABT (Anchor Bay Technologies) VRS processing for the highest-resolution video available via HDMI connection, with upconversion and IP scaling to 1080p/24, as well as high-definition audio decoding and multi-cadence i/p detection. Both players feature remote in/out connection for custom installation convenience, and the DBP-201CI adds RS232C connection capability for third-party system control as well. HDMI, Component Video, Composite Video and analog audio connectors add to the total flexibility of both players, in addition to their Ethernet connection for BD Live capability.

Like Denon's previous Blu-ray players, both new models allow owners of advanced A/V receivers to add Blu-ray capability to their system and enjoy high definition video. Both players will natively output an HD audio bit-stream to a connected receiver via HDMI. Once this signal is accepted in the receiver, it can then be decoded into its native format including Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. For those listeners who want to use their Blu-ray player as a step-up CD player, both units feature a dedicated 2-channel analog audio output, equipped with high-class Burr-Brown D/A converters and superior analog components to ensure the high level of sound quality for which Denon is renowned.
http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/05/11/denon-outs-2009-line-of-blu-ray-players-av-receivers-and-headph/

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2009 Denon Blu-Ray Players
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM »
IT CAN be said at the moment Denon is just trying to survive. My attention is drawn to the 2010ci which looks like, by all intents & purpose, a counterfoil for the oncoming OPPO BD8300. The killing clincher: ABT video chip. By delaying and delaying further, and delaying yet even longer, the final market release of its BR flagship - Oppo is poised to get beatened to the A/V market by Denon. The SRP price of the 2010ci is also a killer value, this is going to be feasted on by videophiles on the West. But for us Noypi's who doesn't have any North American connections, my best guess is that this will be sold locally for about P40,000. (The best price for the SRP'd $800 Denon 2930ci when it was released locally, was P50,000.)

While I welcomed this new model and would have to scrounged for money to buy one, on the event I still have a job by next quarters - the model's creation also made me laugh a jeering laugh because Denon ought to be taught a lesson in pricing humility. For me, the most desirable Blu Ray player is one that also plays standard DVD with the final-word aplomb. Only two models fit this standard: Denon's BD3800 and Marantz BD8200 - Blu Ray playback and upscaled DVD courtesy of HQV-Teranex Realta video chip. But both models are sold at an equivalent of P100,000 - hence Denon priced it up too high for most of us, its definitely unattainable and causes frustrating consternation for sensible videophiles.

Seeing that its not selling as expected, and in view of the financial collapses besetting A/V electronic concerns like Pioneer & Sanyo - Denon had instant wisdom. It shoot off this 2009 hitters, which looks more promising and provoking than last year's ho-hum BT2500 and BT1710 (if that was the correct models). Why take an Oppo when nobody here was ever anointed to sell it locally, officially? Better go for this Denon, the ABT chip, in place of the ultra-expensive Realta, is its most desirable feature.

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: 2009 Denon Blu-Ray Players
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 03:12 PM »
Hi, does anybody know if the Denon's can be unlocked to play dvd all regions?