Author Topic: Group buy for Egreat M34A! Sign up list max 30!  (Read 23729 times)

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Group buy for Egreat M34A! Sign up list max 30!
« Reply #150 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 04:16 PM »
Posted today at egreat's website forum  .....

http://www.egreatworld.com/en/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=110

about our DTS, that because the Syabas get the wrong CODE , so it will delay one week ,
this week we will release the new firmware, pls wait for it,

This is really what I need since the M34A is located in a secondary area

Offline loniticz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 04:46 PM »
Bro loniticz -- whats the format of your HD? Ty ;)

my 320g passport is formatted using ntfs.

btw, I was able to check some more planet earth files. unfortunately i encountered stuttering and audio lost on the dreaded bird scenes.  the guy from ehome told me i can try to format may passport using ext2 and it will help to play the files property.  ill try to borrow a friend's unused external drive to try it out.

waaaa!!! delayed ulit ang firmware. sana lang paglabas flawless...  :)

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #152 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 06:43 PM »
Posted today at egreat's website forum  .....

http://www.egreatworld.com/en/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=110

This is really what I need since the M34A is located in a secondary area

naku-mukhang kaabang abang to ah ;)

Offline air ween

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #153 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 10:13 PM »
guys question,

so basically what DTS downmixing is for users who does not have DTS decoders? ung mga users na walang high end sound system system and those who rely on TV speakers or 2.1 speaker system? and DTS downmixing means converting DTS to stereo?

so para sa mga mahihirap pala ito..hehehe.. ;D
naku sana marelease na to para magamit ko na Egreat ko.. by the way, kakabili ko lang guys, ng m32b..mas nagandahan kasi ako.. ;)

Offline Invinciible

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 10:25 PM »
ok, since my tv will be arriving wednesday at the earliest, i tried out my egreat and ext3-formatted mybook with avshop's demo plasma in his shop (thanks marc!)  ;D.  I played a couple of movies including max payne, underworld, miII, and a dave matthews concert.  firstly, i breathed a sigh of relief the moment the 34a recognized the drive  :D  and i no longer experienced any of the skipping / choppy playback.   ;D the joy i felt was further enhanced by the output of the files as we were  also using the demo speakers + avr + amp that avshop had in his shop  ;D

I'll post a step-by-step account of how i formatted to ext3 if you are interested...
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009 at 10:37 PM by Invinciible »
There's only one way to find out right?

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #155 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 07:58 AM »
my 320g passport is formatted using ntfs.

btw, I was able to check some more planet earth files. unfortunately i encountered stuttering and audio lost on the dreaded bird scenes.  the guy from ehome told me i can try to format may passport using ext2 and it will help to play the files property.  ill try to borrow a friend's unused external drive to try it out.

waaaa!!! delayed ulit ang firmware. sana lang paglabas flawless...  :)

So i really have my HD formatted in EXT3. According to Richie in order to access the HD I have to install a free application on my desktop. Any link to that free software please.. ;)

Invinciible we will wait for your step-by-step account on how you formatted your HD to ext3. Ty
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Invinciible

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 09:36 AM »
So i really have my HD formatted in EXT3. According to Richie in order to access the HD I have to install a free application on my desktop. Any link to that free software please.. ;)

Invinciible we will wait for your step-by-step account on how you formatted your HD to ext3. Ty

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=96962.msg1013963#msg1013963
There's only one way to find out right?

Offline pogzz505

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 09:41 AM »
guys question,

so basically what DTS downmixing is for users who does not have DTS decoders? ung mga users na walang high end sound system system and those who rely on TV speakers or 2.1 speaker system? and DTS downmixing means converting DTS to stereo?

so para sa mga mahihirap pala ito..hehehe.. ;D
naku sana marelease na to para magamit ko na Egreat ko.. by the way, kakabili ko lang guys, ng m32b..mas nagandahan kasi ako.. ;)

Absolutely right sir..buy ka na lang 2nd hand 5.1 receiver sa marketplace para mas enjoy mo ang HD experience..
Yamaha 663, Wharfe 9.1, 9cs, 9sr, Velodyne, Egreat m31b, Ps3

Offline xb0x13

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM »
may group buy pa po ba??? pasali naman po kung meron pa

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #159 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 01:40 PM »
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:07 AM »
just got mine recently. thanks sir gren.

coming from a wdtv, honestly i'm not impressed with the picture quality, it seems dark and some colors are off, some scenes also tend be a little grainy which i never experienced before ( watching the same content ) already tried my best to enhance the quality by adjusting the levels of the m34a and my pv80. i just can't seem to get a better picture quality which the wdtv gave. toggled between blu-ray, dvd and this and you can really see the difference. network connectivity is also a bummer especially for dummies like me.  :(

i guess the only thing that suffices is the dts downmixing which is great not to mention the hdmi, sata and optical cables that came with it.

Offline loniticz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 08:57 AM »
pano setup ninyo sa M34a with hd connected using sata port?

gusto ko kasi gamitin yung power + sata port sa gilid, para less yung naka saksak sa outlet.  nagisip ko bumili ng hd enclosure tapos modify or tanggaling yung cover sa isang side para ma-expose yung power and sata port ng harddisk.

pero may nakita ako sa cdrking, silicon enclosure ng harddisk http://cdrking.com/local/products/index.php?action=&temp=2&typeno=6824425-652202-835025400-9162003&prod=Cd-r%20King&prodcode=1033095-466231-111267699-5966927 kaso parang dirt magnet. nung pinabuksan ko sa tindera medyo madumi tapos hirap tanggalin nung alikabok.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 10:11 AM »
I just got my M34a last friday  ;D TY richie

Heres my initial impression:

The M34A the newest of the Egreat Family is about 6” x 4” x 2” in size and is very light. In its back portion from left to right are the following slots; power, HDMI, optical, component, composite audio/video, and the 2 USB slots. There are some holes in its side and probably these are holes intended for air. You can almost see from these holes all the internal parts of the gadget. Also located in the back portion of the device is the on/off switch. In its left side panel is an elongated hole for the SATA cable. There are not much good things to see in its front panel besides the little display window and some markings which will give the idea that it is 1080 capable and that the model is M34A.

Looking at the gadget without an idea what it does, you may not be impressed at all and probably you will end up thinking that it is just another project of students in a basic electronic class. The shiny black box is better looking I think. Anyway, very noticeable and with pride in one side of the box is the fact that this is MADE IN CHINA. Once you open the box you would see the small device. Taking the gadget off from the box, you will see the accessories and cables that come with it such as, the remote, power adapter, power cable, SATA converter cable, HDMI, Optical cable, and a software CD.

Connecting the Egreat and the 1TB HD to the rest of my HT is easy. After connecting this to the power outlet I immediately powered it on through the main switch at its back. The remote does not come with a free 2 pcs of AAA battery. So I had to pay my son to run for a battery in the sari-sari store not so near our house. While waiting for the battery, I immediately switched on my Panasonic AX100. In time when the 2 pcs of AAA battery were placed in the remote, the PJ was already full bright. The loading of the file in the M34A was not fast. It took about a minute before I can view and play with the menu. When the unit was tested in E-home, I had the settings saved so I did not do much more of the settings anymore.
This device I think is dependent mostly on the remote. For this reason I immediately thought of buying another remote just in case, if it is available in E-home.

Not so familiar yet with the remote, I just contented myself with the directional arrow and the enter keys. I tried to navigate slowly because I want to read all the settings I chose but since I could not memorize them all, I just pressed and work with the arrow and enter keys, at the end, I finally saw the title of the selected movie. I pressed the enter key and immediately, the “buffering” prompt appeared. For about 5 seconds the movie played.

I have been into bluray movies for quite a time and what I have in mind to compare with the M34A is the PQ of the bluray disc. I also have R1 and R3 DVDs and several DVD 9 bluray sidewalk discs (You know what discs are these), hence I may use my impression on these media as benchmark for comparing this to the PQ of the M34A. Personally if I rank these discs according to my liking, this is how I will rank them. Bluray; DVD9 sidewalk DVDs, R1, R3. I don’t know but based on the number of DVD9 sidewalk blurays I watched, in my AX100 PJ, it seems to me that these sidewalk bluray DVD9 that are made in China are so far better than many of the R1 collections I have. More if I have to compare these to R3 DVDs.

I do not have the ability to present a detailed comparison of the PQ of this device with the discs I mentioned like what we read in some reviews. There may be some information that I cannot mention. But I will try to present what is best better or good for me.

The movie playing was the Gladiator. Having now in mind the PQ of the discs I have mentioned, the video was generally impressive, although I failed to see the crispiness and the sharpness and detail that can be observed in bluray discs.  The remote has an option to go to a specific time of the movie, so playing with these buttons (0 + any number[ 1 represents 10 min/ 2 = 20 min, etc.]) it helped me navigate throughout the movie.

I tried and scanned some other movies and my impression is similar. The bluray is still the best in terms of PQ. Overall impression after scanning several movies is that the PQ of the M34A is somehow similar with the sidewalk bluray DVD9s. If the PQ of bluray discs is outstandingly best, the PQ of the M34a, like a sidewalk bluray, is outstandingly better. By the way just an additional info, while toggling on the remote I discovered that by pressing setup while the file is playing, a prompt to adjust the brightness, hue, contrast, etc of the movie will appear. Some of the movie files are dark so I had to adjust brightness appropriately. I can also adjust colors through the PJ, so this will not be a fatal issue.

One observation though, the PQ of animation movies like the Kungfu Panda is excellent. I have seen the bluray of the movie in my friends’ 42” Panasonic and with what I noticed I don’t have concerns with the detail and sharpness of the file. If there may be difference, it may not be the type of difference that is immediately observable.

Not so familiar with the use of optical connection in my receiver, it took me real bad time to set it up and accept digital audio signal from the optical cable.  After several liters of perspiration, at last I already can hear the audio signal on my 7.1 speakers as processed by my pioneer receiver. I am not so critical on the audio and not as much as the video part. Another thing, I really can’t hear any difference in terms of the AQ of the HD file on the M34A as compared to the AQ of all my discs. My Sony S301 can process True HD and can relay that signal to my receiver by analog but it is not a disadvantage if I use digital instead. Some reviews here indicate that the DTS of the Egreat is more subtle than the DTS on the disc, but as of this moment, I haven’t reached that conclusion yet. For me, they are all the same.

Until now I am still exploring possibilities through the remote.
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM by jerix »
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:36 AM »
I am using the Panasonic AX100E. Here are some images

Offline xb0x13

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:40 AM »

coming from a wdtv, honestly i'm not impressed with the picture quality, it seems dark and some colors are off, some scenes also tend be a little grainy which i never experienced before ( watching the same content ) already tried my best to enhance the quality by adjusting the levels of the m34a and my pv80. i just can't seem to get a better picture quality which the wdtv gave. toggled between blu-ray, dvd and this and you can really see the difference. network connectivity is also a bummer especially for dummies like me.  :(

i guess the only thing that suffices is the dts downmixing which is great not to mention the hdmi, sata and optical cables that came with it.

is this also true to others who own both wdtv and egreat m34a like shiranui??? ive been choosing between the two media players.

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:13 PM »
like sir jerix mentioned the PQ is parang yung mga sidewalk dvds. generic na generic and dating. parang comparing nokia phones with those generic china phones, napapabili ka lang dahil sa features pero overall performance ay walang kwenta.

my apologies to other egreat owners pero this is how i really feel towards the m34a, hindi ako na satisfy sa picture quality. mas better pa picture quality ng wdtv less nga lang ang features.

baka naman lemon lang yung nakuha kong unit but i also asked the others who also came from wdtv....the same din ang napansin nila.

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #166 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:19 PM »
I also bought one of this and I feel its at par or better than my other media player (Dvico 4100SH).

It also plays most of the movie file formats.

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:21 PM »
overall i thought i was upgrading but it was the other way around pala.

if i switch to popcorn hour especially there's a new one coming...ok kaya? i guess this time i have to see the differences in person before purchasing one. puede naman demo sa mga dealers natin.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:37 PM »
I did not expect this to be at equal level of PQ with the original bluray. But the PQ of movie files played by the Egreat is better than many of my R1 DVDs. I have 1 TB of files now waiting to be viewed which is almost equivalent to 100 or a little bit more movies. I am presently impressed with the benefits offered by the gadget, the PQ is more than acceptable to me and is enough reason to cut off some of my bluray orders. I still think though, that this is a good buy for me.

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:40 PM »
I also saw this unit and I was not impressed with the components inside.  Parang made in Quiapo, Raon lang siya. Pero, I don't like to judge a book by its cover. =)
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:45 PM by ricracer »
;)

Offline pogzz505

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM »
guys comment ko lang..this is HD for less..cannot match the quality of bluray..but still nice to watch..

-better than my R1 dvd's..than sidewalk dvd's or bd's..
-use nmt's for movies you don't want to collect..
-buy BD and BD player if you want to collect them..

-i have Iron Man and Ultimate Matrix BD..other movies i just watch with egreat.. 
-imagine buying a BD movie you haven't watched and it sucks..i can watch that mkv and delete after..

my opinion lang mga sir ha..
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM by pogzz505 »
Yamaha 663, Wharfe 9.1, 9cs, 9sr, Velodyne, Egreat m31b, Ps3

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 08:48 AM »
@jerix, there is no bluray version of gladiator, only capped HDTV (recorded from HD broadcast abroad).  That's why the PQ is not satisfactory. 

The best way to compare is to compare the same movies in Bluray, DVD9 dibidi, R1 and R3.  I haven't actually compare them but I'm confident Bluray is the winner.  I think the DVD9 Bluray that are being sold in the streets are DVDs encoded from Bluray rips (? or at least that's what they claim to be) so it's unfair to compare it to R1 DVDs.  In my observation, a DVD encoded from a Bluray source, if properly done, is generally better than a DVD since the Bluray has more detail to begin with and they only shrink it so as to be playable in DVD players.  But the shrink/encoded versions will never outrival its Bluray source.  Most importantly, buy the Bluray discs of your favorite movies.

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM »
In fairness to the extremely satisfied Egreat M34A owners... ;D

If you want to get real Bluray quality video and audio....go invest on a BD player and BD titles. 

If you want to maximize your HDTV and enjoy near-Bluray quality video and audio at a bargain price...then the Egreat M34 is for you...

« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM by ricracer »
;)

Offline alaeh

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM »
got mine from Rising Sun @ 7.5K and it's already available since last Tuesday.

Offline czedryk

• Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 11:19 AM »
hi guys,

is there a difference in PQ when watching a 720p/1080i MKV from a PC/laptop and from an m34a?

i'm currently using my laptop (connected to our LCD TV via RGB cable) in watching my MKVs, but i'm considering an NMT for that purpose, and it seems that the m34a is the cheapest route...

tnx in advance guys!!!

Offline gearhead000

• Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Jul 19, 2009 at 01:05 PM »
hi guys,

is there a difference in PQ when watching a 720p/1080i MKV from a PC/laptop and from an m34a?

tnx in advance guys!!! 

the greatest advantage these nmt's bring to the table is convenience, and to some extent performance. for the 1080p files to really play smoothly using htpc requires quite a robust setup, which means a substantial cash outlay. an m34a  is just 7.5k and will play most 1080p's without a hiccup. it comes with it's own remote and is largely plug and play. imagine the abuse your pc/laptop takes connecting and disconnecting... unless you have a dedicated setup, which brings us back again to the issue of cash outlay.
Pana PT-AE900u/HK AVR645/Oppo DV981HD/WD TV HD/Wharfe 9.5/9.CS

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #176 on: Jul 19, 2009 at 06:53 PM »
after using a 34A for awhile here are the benefits i got that was important for me:

1) remote controlled power on and off - i did not realize not all NMT models had this feature, buti na lang sa egreat ako napunta

2) i can now watch HD TV eps or other vids bigger than 1gb (i used to use either my PS3 or DVD player to watch these vids so i was limited to watching low res vids.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline czedryk

• Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 05:19 PM »
the greatest advantage these nmt's bring to the table is convenience, and to some extent performance. for the 1080p files to really play smoothly using htpc requires quite a robust setup, which means a substantial cash outlay. an m34a  is just 7.5k and will play most 1080p's without a hiccup. it comes with it's own remote and is largely plug and play. imagine the abuse your pc/laptop takes connecting and disconnecting... unless you have a dedicated setup, which brings us back again to the issue of cash outlay.

Tnx for the reply sir...
The abuse that my lappy is getting is one of my primary reason for considering an NMT, but of course I want to know if the PQ won't degrade...

Offline jazzeon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Sep 05, 2009 at 04:34 PM »

coming from a wdtv, honestly i'm not impressed with the picture quality, it seems dark and some colors are off, some scenes also tend be a little grainy which i never experienced before ( watching the same content ) already tried my best to enhance the quality by adjusting the levels of the m34a and my pv80. i just can't seem to get a better picture quality which the wdtv gave. toggled between blu-ray, dvd and this and you can really see the difference. network connectivity is also a bummer especially for dummies like me.  :(

so mas ok pa ang wdtv kesa sa egreat kapag PQ ang paguusapan?

MOD NOTE:

locking thread. group buy over.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2009 at 06:05 PM by iiinas »