Author Topic: PANASONIC C-Series (42/50C10) Impressions  (Read 98241 times)

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: PANASONIC C-Series (42C10) Impressions
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009 at 02:09 AM »
Sure Carlo, Ill pm the settings to you maybe this afternoon :)
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009 at 03:07 PM »
Sure Carlo, Ill pm the settings to you maybe this afternoon :)

Thank you very much sir ;)

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #32 on: Jun 01, 2009 at 12:30 AM »
Pm sent! ;)
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #33 on: Jun 01, 2009 at 02:29 AM »
Pm sent! ;)

Got it boss, and YES they are very very good! I'm using the "normal" setting with my PV70 now along with my DVD player.

Salamat uli!

Offline arvin.poker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #34 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 04:51 PM »
any reviews sa mga nakabili na ng c10?

Offline arvin.poker

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 10:41 AM »
angat ko lang. wala pa po ba review sa mga nakabili na?

Offline Invinciible

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 02:37 PM »
angat ko lang. wala pa po ba review sa mga nakabili na?

i'll let you know as soon as i get mine this week ;)
There's only one way to find out right?

Offline Invinciible

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=17792.msg1015572#msg1015572

wish i could figure out how to tune the channels properly though...

Offline tailhook

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM »
any reviews sa mga nakabili na ng c10?

i was thinking of making an extensive review of the 42c10. However, my untrained and inexperienced eye cannot point out the nuances of the set as to make it relevant to the average videophile. what I can give though is a general impression of the unit. i have owned a 32lx77 for almost two years now and thats the standard i will be using for my impressions.

finish and overall appearance - 42c10 is hands down way better. its piano finish and the new frame is a class above the boxy look of the 32lx77.

performance - hd - the 42c10 has a more natural feel to it. using 'warm' color temp, skin tone is quite accurate (again to my untrained eye).  although not as bright and loud as the 32lx77, the pictures come off as more believable. and no, the slightly lower native resolution to the lcd does not show at all.

sd - this is were the 42c10 blows away my 32lx77. for want of a better term, id call sd movies 'semi-hd'. its that good. the blacks are quite solid - no noise, pixelation or other artifacts. although this is probably dictated in part to the type of file one is using. unlike the 32lx77, sometimes i'd ask myself if its hd or sd im watching. he he he. in comparison, watching sd content with my lcd, the colors are garish and the blacks are not accurately resolved. there's color banding and lots of shadow detail are lost. not so with the 42c10.

game performance - using killzone2, the 42c10 looks a lot better - displaying more depth and a more 'realistic' movie like soft picture. the shadows, in particular, and the colors come off as less 'cartoony', which is what i like - although some might argue that that shouldnt be the case, but thats just me.
the 32lx77 is more grainy, but gives a little more detail. no issues as to judder or lag.

on the reflective screen - it is a bit more reflective than the lcd, BUT its not much of a bother. I just had to use thicker and darker curtains. overall, the improvements in picture quality more than make up for this small issue.

for all those who are having second thoughts on jumping from lcd to plasma - make the jump! its awesome!

a few questions for the experts though - is it really necessary to stick to that 100 hour burn in mark? how can i tell if the set is using 24p on the material (honestly i dont know and i cant tell what this is).

Offline Tonteng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM »
I upgraded from Panasonic 42PV8 to 42C10. Parang lumiit yung screen maybe because of the slim frame compared to the 42pv8 na malaki yung frame. Regarding with the performance . Cant really tell hwat's the difference because they're both  picture perfect when matching mkv files.

one upgrade at a time

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 01:40 PM »
I upgraded from Panasonic 42PV8 to 42C10. Parang lumiit yung screen maybe because of the slim frame compared to the 42pv8 na malaki yung frame. Regarding with the performance . Cant really tell hwat's the difference because they're both  picture perfect when matching mkv files.

plasma din ba bro ang C series? is this the counterpart of PV8 and PV7? and the X series is the PV80/70?

thanks!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Tonteng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 02:05 PM »
plasma din ba bro ang C series? is this the counterpart of PV8 and PV7? and the X series is the PV80/70?

thanks!
Yes boss plasma din sya..dapat nga kukunin ko is 42LZ because Full HD sya..pero ayaw ni commander..hari lang ako...alas sya..mas gusto nya PQ ng C10  ::)
one upgrade at a time

Offline tailhook

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 02:34 PM »
i did a side by side comparison between the lz80 and c10 at SnS before purchasing the latter. hands down walang sinabi yung lz80, especially sa SD content. plus the frame of the c10 is way classier!

Offline Tonteng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 03:36 PM »
i did a side by side comparison between the lz80 and c10 at SnS before purchasing the latter. hands down walang sinabi yung lz80, especially sa SD content. plus the frame of the c10 is way classier!

+1  ;D

Pede po ba makahingi ng correct settings for the 42C10 kung sino man meron..thanks
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2009 at 03:37 PM by Tonteng »
one upgrade at a time

Offline tailhook

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 03:59 PM »
based on the calibration done at SnS, here is the recommended setting:

NORMAL
contrast  68
brightness +1
color +45
sharpness +51
tint +1
color balance Warm
color management Off
xV color Off

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 07:43 AM »
Konting push pa ng budget, mas magandang deal yung 65K na PY800.    Sayang tong chance na to mga kaibigan!!!!

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 09:45 AM »
Konting push pa ng budget, mas magandang deal yung 65K na PY800.    Sayang tong chance na to mga kaibigan!!!!

full HD na kya ito? matanong ko lang ksi, i'm actually saving up in purchasing a tvpara mapalitan yung 32lx80. now i don't know yet kung woth it ba yung lz80 (full hd) or ito kunin ko or save more para sa full HD plasma. i'm still confused about the HD ready and Full HD advantages. hope you guys can help me out here

eventually ksi lilipat at bibili din ako ng dedicated blu-ray player at ps3 as well. at syempre gusto ko na ng tv na ika-nga bang for the buck (with features i need intact)

tia

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM »
full HD na kya ito? matanong ko lang ksi, i'm actually saving up in purchasing a tvpara mapalitan yung 32lx80. now i don't know yet kung woth it ba yung lz80 (full hd) or ito kunin ko or save more para sa full HD plasma. i'm still confused about the HD ready and Full HD advantages. hope you guys can help me out here

eventually ksi lilipat at bibili din ako ng dedicated blu-ray player at ps3 as well. at syempre gusto ko na ng tv na ika-nga bang for the buck (with features i need intact)

tia

it's only hd ready but it looks better than most full hd sets out there.  if for movies, you won't see that much of a difference between hd ready and full hd.  you'll see more detail on video games on a full hd set if the game is capable  of 1080p. :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM »

tia

PY800 is FULL HD Plasma.  Definitely higher grade than the new C or X series.

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 10:37 AM »
thanks, i'll definitely weigh my options.  :)

Offline Tonteng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM »

NORMAL
contrast  68
brightness +1
color +45
sharpness +51
tint +1
color balance Warm
color management Off
xV color Off

Thanks boss....
one upgrade at a time

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 08:06 PM »
PY800 is FULL HD Plasma.  Definitely higher grade than the new C or X series.

Yesterday sa The Link Makati, I compared PV80 and PY800
masyadong malapit for me ang quality, kung di kaya price ng full HD ayos na ayos talaga PV80 mas lalo na siguro yung improved non-full HD plasma (C and X series) :)

Offline pantellica

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 09:47 PM »
If you dont know much about TVs and dont know what to look for, then Carlo777 will help you. His reviews are all about what to look for when you are aiming for your dream TV. There is so much advice here. He gives tips on what to look for when inspecting a TV, things to do on a test drive and so on. Written in simple to understand format, I highly recommend everyone to read his review before you make your final TV purchase. Comprehensive advice.  :D
agree...thumbs up to carlo777..i'm one of his apprentice about flat tv's...he helps me a lot to decide what tv to purchase...may the force be with you!!! 8) 8) 8)
just keep head bangin!!!

Offline acg419

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jun 22, 2009 at 09:53 AM »
Hi!
I just bought the viera 42C10 rather than 42lz80 (fullhd LCD) upon reading some reviews and review by carlo777 . BTW thanks for the picture settings! I also agree with carlo777 on his review on 42C10.
I was amazed on the PQ & performance of 42c10 by watching SD DVD "twilight" via component vdeo from my philips player. It was not that reflective even if I turned the lights on in my room but of course there is still some reflections because of the glass panel. Hindi ko pa sya nasusubukan sa HD since nde pa ko nakakabili ng popcorn nor WDTV.
Ask ko lang if desktops with HDMI out have the same pic quality & performance as of NMT Popcorn? I'm planning to purchase either of those.  A CPU desktop PC with video card 512mb-HDMI out only cost around 15k (w/o monitor) but will it hold against the popcorn in PQ? Please advise.

NORMAL
contrast  68
brightness +1
color +45
sharpness +51
tint +1
color balance Warm
color management Off
xV color Off

Offline Invinciible

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jun 22, 2009 at 03:48 PM »
i've been burning in my 42pc10 for more than a week now...  been totally happy with it's PQ, then it hits me...  All my settings are low (40 for everything that's up to 100)  :o  i tried playing around with them today and all i can say is "wow". 

Offline Tonteng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jun 27, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
Bakit kaya wala tong PIP??
one upgrade at a time

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jun 27, 2009 at 04:57 PM »
Bakit kaya wala tong PIP??

The PIP is reserved for Panasonic high-end series TV. Will advise you the new models with PIP feature once they are available.  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009 at 04:57 PM by E-reply »

Offline arvin.poker

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jun 27, 2009 at 09:19 PM »
question lang sa mga guru's...

pano po mag-upscale ng dvd videos sa panasonic plama tv to 720 and 1080? di ko kasi sya makita sa manual and remote e.  kapag pinipindot ko kasi ang display eh laging 480 lang ang lumalabas.  may dapat po bang i-set sa tv? please help.

i'm trying to check kasi kung ano ang mas magandang mag-upscale between dvd player and the pana 42C10. 

thanks!

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #58 on: Jun 27, 2009 at 09:46 PM »

pano po mag-upscale ng dvd videos sa panasonic plama tv to 720 and 1080? di ko kasi sya makita sa manual and remote e.  kapag pinipindot ko kasi ang display eh laging 480 lang ang lumalabas.  may dapat po bang i-set sa tv? please help.

i'm trying to check kasi kung ano ang mas magandang mag-upscale between dvd player and the pana 42C10. 

thanks!
whats the brand name and model number of your upscaler?
ninjababez online ..

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jun 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM »

thanks!

Bro imo the display is the signal fr source, any signal fr video source is upscaled automatically b d tv to its native reso.