Author Topic: Announcement regarding Pirated DVDs  (Read 7542 times)

Offline Homeland

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Announcement regarding Pirated DVDs
« on: Apr 03, 2001 at 02:45 AM »
We've received e-mail from concerned members about the discussion of pirated DVDs on the site. After much thought, we've decided that a certain degree of tact and caution never hurt anyone, so here's the deal:

PinoyDVD.com is about DVDs for DVD enthusiasts. We are interested in the content and technical aspects of the DVD format, the joys of collecting, frustrations regarding pricing and availability, etc. However, the details of where and how you get your DVDs is your business, not ours. While collectively we don't agree with enforced regional coding, we do recognize that piracy is a critical concern for everyone, whether you reject it, endorse it, or occasionally participate in it.

Therefore, please limit all posts to movie title and technical references, and refrain from mentioning and discussing pirated discs. You can buy your DVDs for P10 for all we care, but if a person wants details about where you got the disc, please discuss it over PM or e-mail. As always, we reserve the right to edit posts that we feel may not represent the best interests of the community.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2005 at 11:15 AM by DVDiva »

Offline flyderman

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Friendly Neighborhood
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Announcement regarding Pirated DVDs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2001 at 04:41 AM »
Understood.  Although I'd like to get as much DVD bargains as I can, regardless of where it came from, I think it's a good call to not discuss Region 0 DVDs, lest we be involved in some legal repercussions or something. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2001 at 06:25 PM »
Agreed! Regional Coding is one of the things that nobody likes but something that's here to stay. It's better to learn to live with it than fight it.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2001 at 01:06 PM »
i'm all for copyright and intellectual property.
but sometimes its the studio bullish notion that they thinks they can let you wait for years for movie titles that has already been released in vhs and laserdisk format then this is where and why we have this dvd pirates who capitalizes this opportunities
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .