Author Topic: Twilight Zone  (Read 3796 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Twilight Zone
« on: Jul 04, 2009 at 10:23 AM »
I tried the search function of the forum and it appears that there exists no proper thread for this series.

And one thing because I am trying to look for a certain episode of The Twilight Zone that involves zombies---if there was one. I recall when the 80s reincarnation of the series was broadcasted in Manila, it was a double bill with something similar. Whether it was merely a "special" or not, I don't know (I was too young to care, anyway). If any of you guys can give me an idea of what it was, i'll be extremely grateful.  :)

Well this thread can serve as a place for discussion for both the original series and the 1980s revival. The shortlived Forest Whitaker-hosted one can also be plugged in--although admittedly I haven't seen even a single episode.

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Twilight Zone
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2009 at 11:54 AM »

Sir,
Are you referring to the episode "nightcrawlers" where a bunch of "marine zombies" shot a roadside cafe to pieces?
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2009 at 12:02 PM »
I remember the marine zombies, but that's not the one. Not certain about the entirety of the episode though I recall a young black girl who invited her boyfriend (or whatever he was to her) to her house and although her folks warned her about zombies in their area, she let him anyway. Like I said, I haven't had the slightest clue if it was twilight zone at all, but that specific episode was ran after a segment or two of the 80s TZ.

But thanks anyway for pointing that one to me. :)
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2009 at 12:03 PM by wedge »

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 04:28 PM »
Bro, I don't think it's a Twilight Zone episode.  Back in the day, ABS-CBN gave us "Twilight Zone presents: The Monsters."  Last year, I looked for it and couldn't find it.  However, I did discover that the anthology is entitled simply "The Monsters."  It's the one with the family of monsters watching TV in the opening. 

I think this is where you'll find your missing zombie episode.  I don't think the Twilight Zone ever featured zombies (or monsters for that matter).  All seasons of 'The Monsters' are available in Demonoid.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 10:22 AM »
Oh, thanks bro! I'll go look for it  :)

Anyway, before this thread disappears into the forum oblivion, i'll try to revive it as much as I can. I will assume that maybe one or two members here (aside from me) was/is/were/are a TZ junkie back then/presently. So, I'll throw the perennial question to start a discussion:

Any fave episodes?

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 10:28 AM »
ung the movie lang napanood ko nito, di ko kasi naabutan ung time slot sa tv  :D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 10:34 AM »
Studio 23 did a rerun of the original 1960s series back in 2003 or 2004, I think. That was the time me and my wife got hooked into it---and admittedly was better than the 80s revival.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 10:38 AM »
Any fave episodes?

Quite a lot. 

The one where a guy can pause time -ending was a nuclear bomb about to hit the city.

The one which showed how time and events evolve and get created by the "time makers".

That episode about the Xmas star.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 10:45 AM »

The one where a guy can pause time -ending was a nuclear bomb about to hit the city.

Is this the one wherein she has to yell the word "Stop" and everything would come to a stop? I vividly remember this specific episode because I watched it a few days after I saw The Man Who Saw Tomorrow which pretty much frightened me on Nostradamus' prediction of a nuclear holocaust.  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
Is this the one wherein she has to yell the word "Stop" and everything would come to a stop? I vividly remember this specific episode because I watched it a few days after I saw The Man Who Saw Tomorrow which pretty much frightened me on Nostradamus' prediction of a nuclear holocaust.  ;D

Yes, the main character says the magic word (stop or pause?).   If you're interested in new stuff about Nostradamus, try to look for Nostradamus 2012.  Now the so called "experts" are relating the lost books of Nostradamus (found recently) to 21 Dec 2012.  Pretty alarming stuff - kung magkakatotoo.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 11:22 AM »
parang napanood ko yan, "stop" and "start talking" ata ung sinasabi nung girl. eto ba ung last scene is nakita na niya ung missile na papunta sa city nila?

Offline czedryk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 12:54 PM »
my fave episode would be where 2 men were trapped inside a rubble after an earthquake, but both are from a different time period...

after 1 of the guys was rescued, he has to wait for 10yrs (not sure) to tell the rescuers where the other guy is...

pretty awesome series...

Offline docelmo

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 01:25 PM »
Here's a few of mine;

"Her Pilgrim Soul" - a story about love, redemption, reincarnation....and a poem by william butler yeats.
"A Message for Charity" - a new take on witchcraft and love(again) separated by time.
"The Star" - a christmas story set in the far future, between a priest and a scientist. Based on an Arthur C. Clark book...
"A small talent for war"- about man's eventual achievement of peace w/ a twist.

And many many more...
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2009 at 01:31 PM by docelmo »

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 02:00 PM »
my memory's too hazy, but i remember this episode about a woman seeing faces in the patterns she sees in the walls, and another one about drones(?) in blue suits constructing and deconstructing time.

di ko na lang talaga ma recall exact plotlines, but still weird nevertheless.

Offline docelmo

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 05:23 PM »

hehehe the reason i why still remember these episodes including the title is because i have the 80's TZ set season 1-3! ;D

That episode about time is "A Matter of Minutes"...where the couple woke up in a particular point in time, while the rest of the world continued. They were able to get in time by staying in an area where "time" was about pass by and finally carried them back to the "real" time!
 ;D

Offline moejun

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • left brain by the popcorn stand
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 05:47 PM »
i remember the episode where aliens were observing people. it was like they were fish in a bowl, or animals in a zoo, and the aliens were people observing them. it was cool because that fact wasn't revealed until the very end.

i think this series was shown alongside Alfred Hitchcock Presents. good times indeed...
keyboard warrior, gay advocate

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 12:13 AM »
One of the original episodes that I really like is the one entitled: To Serve Man.  ;)

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 09:07 AM »
my only gripe now is that i should have paid more attention back then. 

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 08:56 PM »

Any fave episodes?

Hey Wedge. Just saw this.

That Nightcrawlers episode mentioned  a few posts back was one of my favorites. One of my favorite works by William Friedkin. I'm still trying to find a copy of it. I always thought it was an episode of Amazing Stories but I must've confused it with Joe Dante's Shadowman or something like that.

There was also another episode about a man who wakes up one day and all the words mean different things.

And that one where this guy starts to see what happens between every second - - -and why sometimes you lose things and then find them in the exact place you looked at just minutes ago.

As for the old series, I still have a soft spot for Time Enough At Last - - that was the one where the bookworm bank teller survives a nuclear war because he was reading inside the vault and then something juicily ironic happens on his way to the library.

There's probably a lot more but brain is on the fritz at the moment.  ;D Later,perhaps.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 09:15 PM »
The episode that stuck most in my mind, was the one about this girl who got trapped in a mall after closing hours. Suddenly the mannequins came to life and began calling ("Marsha! Marsha!") and chasing her. Every part of her body that got touched by a mannequin turns stiff, until finally, she became one of them. I think I was 9 or 10 when I saw that. I think it's from the new series since it's in color.

Also, I'm not sure if this is an episode from TTZ. It's about a housewife who one night is tormented by a strange tiny creature. She was freaked out because the creature keeps appearing in every nook and cranny of her home, despite her efforts to get rid of it. In the end, it's revealed that the creature is actually an astronaut from the US, out on a space mission.

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #20 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 12:41 AM »
Quite a lot. 

The one which showed how time and events evolve and get created by the "time makers".

That episode about the Xmas star.

This was the one i remember the most. Chillin' isn't it?

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #21 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM »

Yep, it was also the nostradamus trend back then that made that episode a little more enticing. I remember the man actually confined himself to a bombshell.  :)

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 09:51 AM »
The episode that stuck most in my mind, was the one about this girl who got trapped in a mall after closing hours. Suddenly the mannequins came to life and began calling ("Marsha! Marsha!") and chasing her. Every part of her body that got touched by a mannequin turns stiff, until finally, she became one of them. I think I was 9 or 10 when I saw that. I think it's from the new series since it's in color.

Also, I'm not sure if this is an episode from TTZ. It's about a housewife who one night is tormented by a strange tiny creature. She was freaked out because the creature keeps appearing in every nook and cranny of her home, despite her efforts to get rid of it. In the end, it's revealed that the creature is actually an astronaut from the US, out on a space mission.

I remember the episode with the mannequins. That was really ,really creepy.

At first I thought the one with the tiny creature might be from an old anthology movie called Trilogy of Terror but I suddenly remembered that was a little African doll so this could be different and one I haven't seen. Now I want to. That ending sounds really neat.

One Twilight Zone I particularly remember was about this dog who responded to the command "bring!" and bring his master all kinds of stuff. Creepy,too, that one.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM »
And a reminder in case you meet the omnipresent, omnipotent devil who challenges you to tell him something he cant possibly do.

Get lost. 

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM »

I think I remember that too.

How I wish old episodes of TTZ are public domain so we can download them freely. I've been downloading classic, public domain horror movies from Archive.org lately: link

The site even has funny what-to-do-on-a-date instructional movies from the 1950's.

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2009 at 10:49 AM by allanmandy »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 10:56 AM »
I think I remember that too.

Babae yata yung main character.  I recall na maingay at magulo yung mga kids nya sa first scenes kaya she got stressed out and shouted "stop"..Pati yata dog, nag-pause. 

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 10:57 AM »
Babae yata yung main character.  I recall na maingay at magulo yung mga kids nya sa first scenes kaya she got stressed out and shouted "stop"..Pati yata dog, nag-pause. 

babae nga sir. i remember meron nagconduct ng awareness survey she said "stop" then pinahiga niya sa grass ung 2 ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM »
Babae nga. I finally pulled my boxed set off the shelf and began watching it last night, due to this thread.  ;D

It's the second segment of the 80s revival's very first episode. The first segment starred Bruce Willis.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM »
not sure if sa tv series or the movie ung isang episode napanood ko.
its about a little girl kasama niya ang parents niya sa isang park ata, then pinapasok ung parents sa isang room para ilock. then ung girl parang pumili ng replacement parents niya dun sa mga previously nakakulong

Offline docelmo

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 12:09 PM »
Babae nga. I finally pulled my boxed set off the shelf and began watching it last night, due to this thread.  ;D

It's the second segment of the 80s revival's very first episode. The first segment starred Bruce Willis.

Yup! that episode was: "A little peace and quite." While bruce's episode was "Shatterday"
 ;D

Also liked" "Red Snow".....about vampires in russia!
 :D