Author Topic: Twilight Zone  (Read 3795 times)

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Twilight Zone
« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 09:36 PM »
Babae nga. I finally pulled my boxed set off the shelf and began watching it last night, due to this thread.  ;D

It's the second segment of the 80s revival's very first episode. The first segment starred Bruce Willis.

Same here.  Kaya lang yun sakin is the cheapo DivX version hahaha!  A lot of the episodes mentioned here are from the first season, like Shatterday, A Message for Charity, and Nightcrawlers. 

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 08:14 AM »
I remember the episode with the mannequins. That was really ,really creepy.

"After Hours" was its title, if i'm correct. Yeah, that episode was mucho creepy. I just saw that recently in a TZ marathon on Sci-Fi.

Another good episode was the one with Vera Miles in it, wherein she was at a deserted bus station on a rainy night and found her doppelganger waiting for the exact bus she was going to take. Turned out to be herself on a parallel dimension that accidentally overlapped ours.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM »
I vaguely remember that Vera Miles episode. That's from the new one? Or the old Rod Serling one?

I was thinking of an episode where these group of people keep meeting each other in different situations that get cut off in mid-stream like those time flashes in the last season of Lost. Neat twist at the end. But I think it's not from Twlight Zone but from Serling's other show, Night Gallery.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 07:53 AM »
That was from the old Rod Serling one.

Night Gallery was also good, though due to its one-hour length, the pace kind of bogged down a bit unlike TZ. The short bursts of storytelling of the TZ was more effective, methinks.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 09:50 AM »
Yup me too although sometimes Night Gallery would have two episodes in one or sometimes even three - - woith a reallyh short one somewhere inbetween episodes. I remember this one called Junior which managed to be both creepy and funny at the same time.

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #35 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM »
naaalala ko naman sa night gallery yung guy na takot ba sa spiders?  there was one big spider in his room towards the end.

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 09:14 PM »
I certainly remember the one with the doppelganger and the bus stop. How about the one with mannequins? Is that the one with the abandoned floor in the department store? I'm suddenly reminded of "Evening Primrose" on Escape old-time radio.

Offline throwbackchampion

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Exquisite WWE DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM »
I remember this one called Junior which managed to be both creepy and funny at the same time.
I know this si Junior ay isa palang Frankenstein na nakahiga sa crib w/c is Odd & Funny. Favorite ko yun Night Gallery pero ibang episodes nila may pagka dragging din. pero iba ok na ok

Anyways Im a huge fan of the Original Series ng TZ (rod serling classic's) already have the Complete Definitive Collection on DVD.

My most favorite episode was to "To Serve Man"

Notable Mentions:
Nightmare at 20,0000 ft (kay william shatner)
Eye of The Beholder
Time Enough at Last (burgess meredith)
The Monsters on due on Maple Street.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM »
I know this si Junior ay isa palang Frankenstein na nakahiga sa crib w/c is Odd & Funny.

Noong una kong napanood 'to, takot na takot ako pero noong napanood ko ulit  - - -sa Studio 23 ata - - -nakakatawa na.

My favorite Night Gallery might be Boomerang about this guy who has an earwig in its ear burrowing its way out his other ear. Creepy twist.

Also, something called Hell's Bells about a hippie who goes to Hell and Hell turns out to be a nice little room where an elderly couple played slides of their vacations . . . forever.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM »

My most favorite episode was to "To Serve Man"

I like this a lot especially the twisted ending...

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #40 on: Sep 21, 2018 at 09:07 AM »
From ComingSoon.Net

Jordan Peele to Host New Twilight Zone

CBS All Access has confirmed that Academy Award winning writer Jordan Peele will be the new host of The Twilight Zone update with a special teaser for the third revival of the classic anthology series. Legendary writer/producer Rod Sterling previously held the hosting position for the original 1959-1964 version, while Forest Whitaker hosted the 2002 version.

Peele had initially resisted taking the hosting gig, as his face is so well associated with comedy that he worried it would take away from the more serious tone of the show. However, the Get Out director and Oscar-winning screenwriter ultimately decided to take the leap.

“Rod Serling was an uncompromising visionary who not only shed light on social issues of his time, but prophesied issues of ours,” said Peele (via Entertainment Weekly), who was previously announced as producing the revival. “I’m honored to carry on his legacy to a new generation of audiences as the gatekeeper of ‘The Twilight Zone.'”

TEASER:
https://youtu.be/dlHnIRu2wcs