Author Topic: HELP - WHERE TO BUY TT P Mount type CARTRIDGE  (Read 6076 times)

Offline tarsi

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HELP - WHERE TO BUY TT P Mount type CARTRIDGE
« on: Jul 05, 2009 at 06:09 PM »
Hi PDVDers,

Just hoping to get some information as to where to buy a P Mount type cartridge?

I have just been recently reunited with my long lost (borrowed) turn table and have just found out that the left channel is not working. I took out the cart and examined the thing but didn't notice anything wrong with it (just with my bare eyes), still curious, i then opened the TT itself to check whether there are wires that have been unsoldered or cut but still nothing... therefore, i have concluded that it must be the stylus that is broken.

The brand that I am to replace is Audio Technica. I've read in the web that the A-T 3482P is a very good MM cart replacement for its price.

I am not limited to Audio Technica and open to other brand in the same price range ($21.00 in amazon).

Is there a store in Raon where I could source this as well as other TT stuff?

Thanks for reading and the suggestions.

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: HELP - WHERE TO BUY TT P Mount type CARTRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 10:53 AM »
bro,
there are lots of p-mount carts to see in every "audiophile" branch. ive also seen some at park square branch of sound dimension.

goodluck
im allan - 09178087173

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 12:35 PM »
thanks very much bro accastil for your reply. i would look for the shops you mentioned. btw, since i work in makati, would you happen to know if there is an audiophile branch here?

much appreciated.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 12:38 PM »
Audiophile branch --- Makati Cinema Square --- They have to shops.....go to the upper level where they have all the audio components

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 12:47 PM »
thanks joeyGS,

i remember now where audiophile is in MCS. ill visit later today.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 01:09 PM »
bro,
sound dimension in park square offers shure brand carts with your requirements.
goodluck there.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 01:49 PM »
ang bilis ng reply ;D thanks mga masters.

bro accastil, i know that you are in the know in as far as TT is concerned. Now that i know where to look, could you recommend specific shure P mount models that i should consider?

i have read that the M97XE is one, is there another? thanks very much.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 02:04 PM »

bro accastil, i know that you are in the know in as far as TT is concerned. Now that i know where to look, could you recommend specific shure P mount models that i should consider?

im not sure if that particular model offers a P-mounting model and i still have not heard one as well. there are many feedback that it is a good cart for its price while some would say it loses a bit detail. ive heard other brands of different models but talking of price-to-performance ratio, i would consider audio techica to be a winner. i am an AT fanatic for 2yrs now since ive owned the 440MLa. i guess its sonic character and its synergy with my system just made it a perfect cart for me. a lot of systems may not sound good with it. likewise, other ears might find it bright and thin sounding.

generally, here are some popular bang-for-the-buck MM carts:
denon103
denon103r
shure m97xe
AT440mla
AT150
ortofon blue
dynavector 10x5

if you could afford a listen for each of these, u may appreciate why i chose the 440mla. :)
too bad its not locally available...
im allan - 09178087173

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 02:56 PM »
great help bro accastil,

this would be a test of patience for me now ;D ;D ;D but i'd definetely listen to 440mla.

btw, do you happen to be residing in the south part of manila? i think i have read somewhere in the forums that you are. i asked because i do.

thanks again

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 03:10 PM »
great help bro accastil,

this would be a test of patience for me now ;D ;D ;D but i'd definetely listen to 440mla.

btw, do you happen to be residing in the south part of manila? i think i have read somewhere in the forums that you are. i asked because i do.

thanks again

it is indeed a test of patience. be very careful as to where you put your hard-earned money. try to avoid being impulsive :)

cabuyao laguna bro. you are welcome to come by. id be glad to help you out. a lot of other enthusiasts are very near my place as well..joeygs is one :)

im allan - 09178087173

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 03:11 PM »

Hi Tarsi,

If you are interested in the M97xe, pm skee6 or superman.  They both sell the cart.

And, as suggested by accastil,  give the 440mla a listen.  BTW where are you located in Laguna?

Regards,
JoeyGS

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 03:14 PM »
And if I may add, another very good AT cart but only sold in Japan:   AT-F3II

I have one of these and also very detailed in its output.  I can refer you to a local reseller.

Regards,
JoeyGS

im not sure if that particular model offers a P-mounting model and i still have not heard one as well. there are many feedback that it is a good cart for its price while some would say it loses a bit detail. ive heard other brands of different models but talking of price-to-performance ratio, i would consider audio techica to be a winner. i am an AT fanatic for 2yrs now since ive owned the 440MLa. i guess its sonic character and its synergy with my system just made it a perfect cart for me. a lot of systems may not sound good with it. likewise, other ears might find it bright and thin sounding.

generally, here are some popular bang-for-the-buck MM carts:
denon103
denon103r
shure m97xe
AT440mla
AT150
ortofon blue
dynavector 10x5

if you could afford a listen for each of these, u may appreciate why i chose the 440mla. :)
too bad its not locally available...

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 04:34 PM »
it is indeed a test of patience. be very careful as to where you put your hard-earned money. try to avoid being impulsive :)

cabuyao laguna bro. you are welcome to come by. id be glad to help you out. a lot of other enthusiasts are very near my place as well..joeygs is one :)

thank you very much for the offer bro. i think i would learn a lot from you guys being a newbie to the hobby.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 04:38 PM »
always glad to be of help :)
im allan - 09178087173

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 04:56 PM »
Hi Tarsi,

If you are interested in the M97xe, pm skee6 or superman.  They both sell the cart.

And, as suggested by accastil,  give the 440mla a listen.  BTW where are you located in Laguna?

Regards,
JoeyGS

hi sir joeyGS,

im from binan. thanks for the info re: M97xe sources. as for the 440mla i've read rave reviews about it in the net na rin kaya lang di yata available locally as per accastil. im assuming p-mount din ito.

im relatively new to analog kaya i really appreciate ung mga inputs nyo.

salamat ulit mga bros.

p.s. i forgot to ask about the contact details of the local reseller of the AT-F3II pala  :D
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009 at 04:58 PM by tarsi »

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 05:21 PM »
His name or handle name is "remus"  from another forum (Wiredstate.com).  If you are a member there, you can pm him.  Otherwise you may call him in his mobile no> 09178388300

Hope this helps,
Regards,
JoeyGS

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 11:42 AM »
His name or handle name is "remus"  from another forum (Wiredstate.com).  If you are a member there, you can pm him.  Otherwise you may call him in his mobile no> 09178388300

Hope this helps,
Regards,
JoeyGS

thanks joeyGS.

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM »
hi allan,

it was nice meeting you. thanks for your hospitality and friendship. i really appreciate it.

para di O.T. hirap pala humanap ng AT cart. oh well might just settle for the m92e instead.

Offline gearhead000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2009 at 01:20 PM »
saan meron nung m92e and how much? thanks!

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009 at 07:03 PM by gearhead000 »
Pana PT-AE900u/HK AVR645/Oppo DV981HD/WD TV HD/Wharfe 9.5/9.CS

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2009 at 02:24 PM »
saw them in numbers at audiophile stores. makati cinema square and robinson's pioneer.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2009 at 08:14 AM »
hi allan,

it was nice meeting you. thanks for your hospitality and friendship. i really appreciate it.

para di O.T. hirap pala humanap ng AT cart. oh well might just settle for the m92e instead.

pre,
true. locally, its hard to source out AT carts. personally hearing how our shure matches up with the 1200, i dont think youll be needing another cart to replace it. sonically its good, you only have to watch it on the VTF kasi sayang ang good LPs, dali masira with a VTF that high.

i think theres still someting to be corrected in the cart setting. once its all good, you dont have to set a VTF that high. otherwise, the stylus might just be needing a replacement.

my pleasure to have you drop by my humble den.

see you around.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 26, 2009 at 12:57 AM »
i also think the cart might need a proper alignment or the stylus is already worn out. im fitting the 1200 with an m97xe since i have no way of getting my hands onto the at 440mla.

i have already corrected the VTF. i realized that we did not calibrate it properly.

though i might opt to have it checked by the guy you mentioned to me just to be sure. sayang naman ang bagong cart  :D

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 26, 2009 at 08:08 PM »
Do you have the Technics Baewarld protractor?  If not, download it at vinylengine.com and take note to Not to print-to-fit otherwise you will not get the correct alignment.

Good luck and enjoy

JoeyGS

i also think the cart might need a proper alignment or the stylus is already worn out. im fitting the 1200 with an m97xe since i have no way of getting my hands onto the at 440mla.

i have already corrected the VTF. i realized that we did not calibrate it properly.

though i might opt to have it checked by the guy you mentioned to me just to be sure. sayang naman ang bagong cart  :D

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:13 PM »
thanks for the tip bro. i would do just that.

Offline gearhead000

• Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Aug 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM »
saw them in numbers at audiophile stores. makati cinema square and robinson's pioneer.

in audiophile ali-mall too, there's still plenty of the m92e cartridge. anyway, i only asked coz my cart is an m92e rin pala though silver as compared to the all-black shown above. bought the N92E needle for it already and i'm alternating it now with the ATP-2XN. these two cartridges have different characters to suit the music... the m92e being more "airy", while the AT having more "body". the m92e is classified by shure as an entry-level hi-fi cartridge, while the ATP-2XN is A-T's entry into the dj cartridge arena. 

The Audio-Technica ATP-2XN.

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2009 at 08:45 PM »
hi gearhead000,

good to now that you have found the stylus for your m92e cart. would the alimall branch happen to have an AT440mla too in addition to the ATP-2XN?

Offline gearhead000

• Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2009 at 11:58 PM »
ay bosing. sorry me konting miscommunication yata. the audio-technica cart came with my AT-PL120 turntable. audiophile doesn't carry any A/T product as far as i know. shure dealer kasi sila.

i'm not sure how critical you are with your music, but for me i'm quite satisfied with the M92E. that doesn't mean i'm not looking for something better to maximize my LP collection though, which had grown substantially just in the past year. but what i'm saying is that the m92e has proven to be a very capable hi-fi cart given the ridiculously low price.

initially, i felt its rendition to be quite confused, but after several hours of playback and some final adjustments to VTA and VTF it's really singing now. i think it's even better than the m44-series when it comes to neutrality. it seems the atp-2xn handles worn records better though. i've grown accustomed to the sound of both so i know when to swap the two carts around given the material.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 01, 2009 at 12:14 PM »
hi gearhead000,

good to now that you have found the stylus for your m92e cart. would the alimall branch happen to have an AT440mla too in addition to the ATP-2XN?

bro,
thanks for the session last night. that closing LP from "metallica" just woke up the rocker in me. found myself plowing through my old CDs when i got home.

id let u know once the cart order has been put in place.
indeed you still have many other better options than the carts you now have at hand.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 04:59 PM »
it was my pleasure bro. it is me who needs to thank you for your time and effort. yeah that master of puppets really rocked. for me it's their best work ever ;D

indeed, it was an ear opener for me.

i agree with you totally with my other cart options. :D :D :D

till the next session bro.

bro,
thanks for the session last night. that closing LP from "metallica" just woke up the rocker in me. found myself plowing through my old CDs when i got home.

id let u know once the cart order has been put in place.
indeed you still have many other better options than the carts you now have at hand.

Offline tarsi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 05:08 PM »
oooppppsss im sorry for not fully comprehending your post gearhead. i have an officemate who is using the m92e as well and has complained of sibilance. do you experience this as well? my main cart right now is an m97xe. i also couldn't believe how much LPs have i acquired in just a few months.
ay bosing. sorry me konting miscommunication yata. the audio-technica cart came with my AT-PL120 turntable. audiophile doesn't carry any A/T product as far as i know. shure dealer kasi sila.

i'm not sure how critical you are with your music, but for me i'm quite satisfied with the M92E. that doesn't mean i'm not looking for something better to maximize my LP collection though, which had grown substantially just in the past year. but what i'm saying is that the m92e has proven to be a very capable hi-fi cart given the ridiculously low price.

initially, i felt its rendition to be quite confused, but after several hours of playback and some final adjustments to VTA and VTF it's really singing now. i think it's even better than the m44-series when it comes to neutrality. it seems the atp-2xn handles worn records better though. i've grown accustomed to the sound of both so i know when to swap the two carts around given the material.