Author Topic: UFC thread..where the big boys play...  (Read 294750 times)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
Re: UFC thread..where the big boys play...
« Reply #1560 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM »
All the injuries and surgeries are taking its toll on GSP, that's probably the reason why he is not the same fighter he used to be.  :(

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1561 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM »
gsp is really playing it safe. he could really made the beat down on nick if he really wanted to because of that very first takedown. from them on nick wasnt his usal self he cant throw combos because he's so wary of the takedowns. he couldve just played on nicks mind by faking takedowns then combos with those superman punches.

though, boring it may seem but if you breakdown gsp's fight it is  a very technical, brilliant,  all around game employed by a true mixed martial artist. 

Yes its sheer mma genius.  He breaks down every weakness the opponent has and capitalizes on it.  Thats why its boring because the other opponent cant use his strengths.  Galing. :)
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1562 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM »
That's what separates the current GSP to UFC champs like Spider, Bones, Cain, Bendo and Aldo.... They're beating their opponents on their own (standing/ground) games  ;)

That's pure risk...
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2013 at 01:09 PM by Ashburndaride »

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1563 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 06:38 PM »
That's what separates the current GSP to UFC champs like Spider, Bones, Cain, Bendo and Aldo.... They're beating their opponents on their own (standing/ground) games  ;)

That's pure risk...

At some point those mentioned above will meet a fighter thats better than them in their their fighting style, and when they do, they will lose, with the exception of silva i guess.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #1564 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 07:32 PM »
^^ well sabi nga, "No Risk No Reward"

Offline dreidrei

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1565 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 07:49 PM »

That's pure risk...

it can be true with spider and aldo. maybe even bones. he's got some serious stand up skills and he is so fun to watch with all his unorthodox strikng techniques. but i cannot say the same with bendo and most definitely to cain these guys are not risk taker either.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1566 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 08:57 PM »
Gsp haters vs lebron haters hehehe... Talaga lang kasing naging boring si gsp...unlike before..
Love me or hate me.....

Offline mightbeyou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1567 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 09:18 PM »
i guess UFC is not all about bashing heads and banging fists...if one can win with the least amount of damage while enforcing his game plan, then it is a good fight for me...career wise, its an advantage for him...mental prowess should also be taken into consideration and not just brawns...besides, his strategy, as boring as it seems, picks opponents apart and exposes their weakness...i may not agree with how he fights but still his being a technical fighter is what makes him one tough SOB to crack...

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #1568 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM »
it can be true with spider and aldo. maybe even bones. he's got some serious stand up skills and he is so fun to watch with all his unorthodox strikng techniques. but i cannot say the same with bendo and most definitely to cain these guys are not risk taker either.

Cain? he just traded punches with the organizations best heavyweight boxer JDS and outclassed him fair and square... Akala ko nga since na KO s'ya ni JDS before puro take down ang gagawin n'ya eh but no, he delivered a beating on JDS career.. And Bendo? he defeated Edgar 2x and totally schooled Nick's baby brother Nate on their territory (Striking). But we'll have yet to see  the best of Bendo when he faces his rival "Showtime" Pettis  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM by Ashburndaride »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1569 on: Mar 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM »
^ We saw the fight differently, Cain played it safe on the later rounds against JDS. Cain always wanted to take the fight to the ground, because he knows ground & pound was his only chance to win against JDS. Cain threw everything but the kitchen sink to JDS, but JDS kept on fighting. I agree, Cain defeated JDS fair & square.

Offline dreidrei

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1570 on: Mar 19, 2013 at 07:18 PM »
Cain? he just traded punches with the organizations best heavyweight boxer JDS and outclassed him fair and square... Akala ko nga since na KO s'ya ni JDS before puro take down ang gagawin n'ya eh but no, he delivered a beating on JDS career.. And Bendo? he defeated Edgar 2x and totally schooled Nick's baby brother Nate on their territory (Striking). But we'll have yet to see  the best of Bendo when he faces his rival "Showtime" Pettis  ;)

^ We saw the fight differently, Cain played it safe on the later rounds against JDS. Cain always wanted to take the fight to the ground, because he knows ground & pound was his only chance to win against JDS. Cain threw everything but the kitchen sink to JDS, but JDS kept on fighting. I agree, Cain defeated JDS fair & square.

if we are to talk about risk, then cain should have stand toe to toe against jds. no ground game because we all know that is his bread and butter.   as what sir venom said, cain played it safe in the latter round. though kudos to cain for actually having the balls to stand in front of jds and getting the better of him in the first round (where he landed a big right) that is the same with bendo for not keeping it a standing game against nate. but yes indeed bendo schooled nate and ended up giving the blue print to gsp on how to defeat the diaz brothers. :D which is so much fun to watch.

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #1571 on: Mar 20, 2013 at 07:24 AM »
though kudos to cain for actually having the balls to stand in front of jds and getting the better of him in the first round (where he landed a big right)

All 5 rounds bro, JDS has nothing on Cain's standing and ground game... If what you said "having the balls" mirrors on "having the risk" then were on the same page.

but yes indeed bendo schooled nate and ended up giving the blue print to gsp on how to defeat the diaz brothers. :D which is so much fun to watch.

LOL, see? nanggaya pa ata si Georges Sleeping Pill ng game plan kay Bendo but at least mas exciting yung beatdown ni Bendo kay Nate, he knocked down Nate several times where I don't remember GSP knocking down Nick... :P
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM by Ashburndaride »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1572 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 09:21 PM »
^ "Rush" is going to play the role of "Batroc the Leaper" in the upcoming 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' movie. I hope he won't bore you this time  :)

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/25/4146804/batroc-the-leaper-georges-st-pierre-role-captain-america-winter-soldier-mma
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013 at 09:33 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #1573 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 04:29 AM »
^^ no beef on that I think he perfectly fits  ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1574 on: Apr 03, 2013 at 10:01 PM »
whats the title of that specila show a couple of months ago, yung TOP 100 Fights of hte MMA ba yun? yung kasama yung mga laban sa Pride atbp?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #1575 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 11:40 AM »
whats the title of that specila show a couple of months ago, yung TOP 100 Fights of hte MMA ba yun? yung kasama yung mga laban sa Pride atbp?

ultimate 100 knockouts brader. here is the link -> http://kat.ph/usearch/ufc%20100%20knockouts/

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1576 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 01:21 PM »
Gerard Mousasi (33-3-2) will be making his debut in the UFC on Fuel TV 9 on April 6, 2013 in Sweden against Alexander Gustafsson.

Unfortunately, "Alexander Gustafsson suffered a cut in training and was declared ineligible to fight by the regulating body in Sweden. The UFC replaced "The Mauler" with a "The Sledgehammer" - Gustafsson's team mate, Albanian-born Iliir Latifi." http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436572/Gustafsson-I-slipped-and-hit-my-head-on-corner-post-on-Thurs/

Meanwhile, Nick Diaz retires (does anyone care?) unless he gets rematch with GSP or fight with Spider Silva.
Losing streak plus suspension, asa pa na makalaban si Spider?   ::)

In TUF 17, Urijah Hall put on another spectacular KO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrZ1JU95JSw

Hall KOed Bubba McDaniel in just 9 seconds of the 1st round. :o
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2013 at 01:32 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1577 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 03:54 PM »
ultimate 100 knockouts brader. here is the link -> http://kat.ph/usearch/ufc%20100%20knockouts/

salamat sir pao tagal ko na hanap ito eh
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1578 on: Apr 04, 2013 at 05:57 PM »
Unfortunately, "Alexander Gustafsson suffered a cut in training and was declared ineligible to fight by the regulating body in Sweden. The UFC replaced "The Mauler" with a "The Sledgehammer" - Gustafsson's team mate, Albanian-born Iliir Latifi." http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436572/Gustafsson-I-slipped-and-hit-my-head-on-corner-post-on-Thurs/

Meanwhile, Nick Diaz retires (does anyone care?) unless he gets rematch with GSP or fight with Spider Silva.
Losing streak plus suspension, asa pa na makalaban si Spider?   ::)

In TUF 17, Urijah Hall put on another spectacular KO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrZ1JU95JSw

Hall KOed Bubba McDaniel in just 9 seconds of the 1st round. :o
saw this yesterday  tsk tsk tsk ...Dana white was so impress with hall... He did even change the semis fightcard
Love me or hate me.....

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1579 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 10:23 AM »
saw this yesterday  tsk tsk tsk ...Dana white was so impress with hall... He did even change the semis fightcard

Chael Sonnen even said that Hall is a legitimate contender at the 185 division. Si Spider Silva title holder dun... pwede, magandang laban din 'yun. But Hall must become the TUF 17 Champion first.

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1580 on: Apr 05, 2013 at 01:12 PM »
Chael Sonnen even said that Hall is a legitimate contender at the 185 division. Si Spider Silva title holder dun... pwede, magandang laban din 'yun. But Hall must become the TUF 17 Champion first.

3-4 ufc fights and if he'll win then he can fight anderson...
malakas din si JOSH.......
lets see how it goes and who'll win the TUF
Love me or hate me.....

Offline dreidrei

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1581 on: Apr 08, 2013 at 10:57 PM »
3-4 ufc fights and if he'll win then he can fight anderson...
malakas din si JOSH.......
lets see how it goes and who'll win the TUF

yes samman seems tough but he is bugged by various injuries. dana is actually gearing the finale to be hall vs samman. but for sure these 2 guys will get a ufc contract after tuf is over but my guess is josh will drop to welterweight which seems to be his natural weight. hall seems a natural middleweight. a very good prospect. could very well be another tremendous specimen pound for pound. in the mold of silva and gsp. a true force on their own weightclass

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #1582 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 03:35 AM »
im down with Mit on this. sucks he had to get suspended for stating facts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-suspends-matt-mitrione-transphobic-comments-regarding-fallon-230051067--mma.html

F that Fallon Fox DUDE!

Offline dreidrei

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1583 on: Apr 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM »
uriah hall! one scary prospect! ended the fight on the bottom and on the guard. what do you call that! a reverse ground and pound!!  ;D never seen anything like it. just messed up mr. andrews face first then finished it in the bottom position. just wow!!

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1584 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM »
uriah hall! one scary prospect! ended the fight on the bottom and on the guard. what do you call that! a reverse ground and pound!!  ;D never seen anything like it. just messed up mr. andrews face first then finished it in the bottom position. just wow!!

Thanks, I caught it on youtube after reading your post.

Just by throwing jabs, Hall messed up Andrews' face. I really believe Hall is legit  :o

Offline tifosi_pao

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1585 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 03:40 PM »
im down with Mit on this. sucks he had to get suspended for stating facts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-suspends-matt-mitrione-transphobic-comments-regarding-fallon-230051067--mma.html

F that Fallon Fox DUDE!

agreed...imho, its still a 'man' hitting/beating on a woman

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #1586 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 03:54 PM »
uriah hall is scary indeed. na surprise din ako kay kelvin gastelum, didn't think he would make it this far.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1587 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 03:55 PM »
Di na ba lalaban si fedor..khit superfight man Lang...sila uli ni arlovski.. Hahaha

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1588 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 06:01 PM »
^ Last month lang ata huling lumaban si Andre Arlovski, indefinite ang suspension kay Arlovski  pending oral surgeon clearance of jaw. Yung kalaban nya si Anthony Johnson indefinite suspension din pending orthopedic clearance of right hand.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436427/WSoF-suspensions-Arlovski-out-with-broken-jaw/

As for "The Last Emperor" huling lumaban last year with a KO victory against Pedro Rizzo. Mukhang retired na si Fedor, however, his manager was spotted last UFC event (UFC on Fuel TV 9). Mukhang gusto dalhin ni Dana White ang UFC sa Russia, baka kunin si Fedor para maging attaction doon.

Offline dreidrei

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1589 on: Apr 11, 2013 at 07:36 PM »
andrei's way past his prime. i dont think it will merit enough attention kahit sa ufc pa gawin ang laban. if my memory serves me right (though it fails me more often  ;D) arlovski and tim sylvia fought in one fc here in the phil. and the fight was so lackluster it fails miserably to live up to its hype. but infairness to andre he almost had fedor in their fight until he so foolishly made that flying knee. almost like the nate diaz vs melvin guillard fight.