Author Topic: UFC thread..where the big boys play...  (Read 295005 times)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
Re: UFC thread..where the big boys play...
« Reply #2730 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM »
Ibang klase improvement ni Werdum, natanggal na nga dati yun sa UFC pero he has proven himself, kagaya nga ng nasabi nyo, noong tinalo nya most favorite fighter ko na si Fedor akala ko tsamba. This time by beating Cain there's no more doubt that Werdum is legit. Magailing na, mautak pa.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2731 on: Jun 15, 2015 at 08:54 AM »
I think the altitude played a part in their endurance. Werdum trained longer in mexico daw according to joe rogan. Plus it not his first time fighting there, he won the interim title there against mark hunt. Cain doesnt look 100 percent, parang medyo out out shape. But still a great win for werdum. Submission pa.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2732 on: Jun 15, 2015 at 12:54 PM »
ang lupit ni Werdum. after beating Cain, he has officially beaten the top 3 greatest heavyweights of all time

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #2733 on: Jun 15, 2015 at 02:54 PM »
Hmm. Poll lang? Can Werdum hold the title long enough? In my opinion, no. Sa pinakita niya kagabi, eh zombie na si Cain pero di niya agad mapatumba, or he can't "kill" Cain agad. If Cain was on condition kagabi, malamang may kalalagyan si Werdum. Cain can take hard shots, e.g. Velasquez vs. JDS III. Pansin niyo, ayaw makipagsabay ni Cain sa ground?
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline kane

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2734 on: Jun 15, 2015 at 03:20 PM »
^Me too, was not that impressed with werdum's win over mark hunt as well. But i guess a win is a win. Cain should have trained harder. Malupit mga next in line for the title, jds, miocic and arlovski. About the ground game, for some reason, yung corner nya nagsabi to take werdum to the ground.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2735 on: Jun 15, 2015 at 08:34 PM »
di naman kasi knockout fighter si werdum. he relies on submissions para talunin mga kalaban nya. props to him for doing a stand up game with cain. tsaka nag improve na din talaga yung stand up nya over the years.

Offline kane

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2736 on: Jun 15, 2015 at 08:39 PM »
So whos next? Rematch kaya? Or jds?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2737 on: Jun 16, 2015 at 02:30 AM »
^Me too, was not that impressed with werdum's win over mark hunt as well. But i guess a win is a win. Cain should have trained harder. Malupit mga next in line for the title, jds, miocic and arlovski. About the ground game, for some reason, yung corner nya nagsabi to take werdum to the ground.

im hoping to see a JDS Werdum fight next. Cain has beaten the best because of his speed and great ground game something he was not able to show in this fight. JDS on the other hand loves the stand up game so im guessing yung mga tama na inabot ni werdum from Cain pag kay JDS mangaling baka di na umabot sa ground game. napapansin ko pag nag attempt ng take donw katulad ng ginawa ni cain laging prone sa guillotine choke?

either Werdum versus JDS or Werdum versus Cain but somewhere else and not in mexico hehehe.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #2738 on: Jun 16, 2015 at 07:18 AM »
sigurado gusto ni werdum ng rematch with JDS. first fight ni jds sa ufc he knocked out werdum in the first round.
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #2739 on: Jun 17, 2015 at 01:45 AM »
Fight night 68 ganda nga ng mga laban. damn the tavares cuts! nasty!

Werdum is a beast! would also love to see him match up with JDS and Arlo.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2740 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 03:23 PM »
Champ Jose Aldo injured, questionable for UFC 189 bout with Conor McGregor
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/jose-aldo-injured-questionable-for-ufc-189-bout-with-conor-mcgregor

One of the most anticipated fights of the year – perhaps in recent  MMA history – may have to wait.

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo (25-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) has suffered a rib injury and is questionable for his grudge match with rival Conor McGregor (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

The UFC’s Netherlands Twitter and Facebook account first reported news of the injury. UFC officials and representatives from both fighters’ camps didn’t immediately respond to MMAjunkie’s request for comment.

UFC 189 takes place July 11 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Aldo vs. McGregor is slated for the headliner.

The bout actually took the main-event slot over another title fight: welterweight champion Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald. With Aldo vs. McGregor as the centerpiece of the show, the UFC reportedly spent millions of dollars on a flashy promotional video and five-country media tour (see the highlights below) to drum up interest for the mega-fight.

Aldo and McGregor, respectively ranked No. 1 and No. 6 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA featherweight rankings, publicly bickered even before the fight was officially announced. UFC President Dana White recently said the event was on pace for a million pay-per-view buys, a mark reached only nine times in company history.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2015 at 03:23 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #2741 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 09:29 PM »
bad trip naman kung di matuloy yan. parang May-Pac ng UFC yang laban na yan. sayang preparation at pag hype up.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2742 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 09:39 PM »
ano ba yang mga "injuries" na yan. Over training siguro.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2743 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:14 PM »
Jose Aldo still on at UFC 189 – but Conor McGregor-Chad Mendes contingency in place
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/jose-aldo-still-on-at-ufc-189-but-conor-mcgregor-chad-mendes-contingency-in-place

"Jose Aldo is not out of his UFC 189 main event title defense against Conor McGregor. But the UFC has a backup plan in place.

In a statement released late Wednesday, the UFC said if Aldo (25-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) cannot defend his featherweight title against McGregor (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) next month, McGregor still will fight for a belt. In the event of Aldo’s withdrawal, McGregor will meet two-time title challenger Chad Mendes (17-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC) for an interim belt.

The severity of Aldo’s injury, the UFC said in the statement, is not as bad as initially feared.

“In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib,” the statement reads. “Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.

“With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.”

The UFC went on to deliver the contingency plan involving Mendes:

“While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete. UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.”....

Offline rulesmeister

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2744 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM »
^Sana nga bruised rib lang at hindi broken rib, its been a long waiting for someone who could challenge Aldo's power & speed in a stand up game.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM by rulesmeister »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2745 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM »
im waiting for aldo to shut the mouth of mc gregor but if this will not happen, Chad is not a bad replacement kahit sino basta basagin mukha ni mc gregor hahahaha

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2746 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM »
Sabi sa news kanina, Aldo vs. McGregor fight will most likely push through.  ;D

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2747 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:55 PM »
Nakow! Baka parang maging Pac-May fight nga yan ah. At least sinabi na agad ni Scarface na may injury sya, para fair sa mga gustong pumusta sa kanya.  :D

Offline v1n5anity

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2748 on: Jun 27, 2015 at 12:51 PM »
Nakow! Baka parang maging Pac-May fight nga yan ah. At least sinabi na agad ni Scarface na may injury sya, para fair sa mga gustong pumusta sa kanya.  :D

Or para maging excuse niya if he loses LOL. I'd like to see Aldo lose but not to Connor hehe.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2749 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:17 AM »
Or para maging excuse niya if he loses LOL. I'd like to see Aldo lose but not to Connor hehe.

Same here, kahit kay frankie edgar lumaban basta dapat basagin mukha ni connor hahahaha

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2750 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:48 AM »
Bakit ayaw nyo kay Connor? Masya naman sya panuorin ah?! Hehehe... Nakaka-asar nga lang ang yabang. Hehehe

Offline kane

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2751 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:23 PM »
Looks like Machida's done. 2 straight losses. Mukhang hirap sya sa mga top middleweights.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2752 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 01:28 PM »
he should retire already.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2753 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 09:49 PM »
Naunahan nyo ako, sasabihin ko din nga sana na it's time for Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida to retire. Kagaya ni Tito Ortiz and other MMA Stars na sumikat, hindi na nag improve pa. Same game plan, same fighting style, kaya same result. Wala ng pinakitang bago.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2754 on: Jun 28, 2015 at 10:17 PM »
^yup, and besides it is time for the new generation of fighters to take over. fighters come and go..

Offline v1n5anity

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2755 on: Jun 29, 2015 at 08:11 PM »
Bakit ayaw nyo kay Connor? Masya naman sya panuorin ah?! Hehehe... Nakaka-asar nga lang ang yabang. Hehehe

I like Connor. I'd just like to see him lose. I'd like him to be champion one day but not at the expense of Aldo. At the same time I'd also like to see Aldo lose but not to Connor naman lol, gulo ba? lol

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2756 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 02:52 AM »
Connor has a big mouth... I'm not an Aldo fan but I would want someone to shut this guy up. I think its just showbiz but just like the Diaz brothers anyone who beats them up would make the match sweeter.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2757 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 08:58 AM »
Hindi na matutuloy yung Aldo vs. McGregor. According to Dana White himself, it will be Mendes vs. McGregor. Cleared to fight si Aldo pero biglang nag-pull out? smh.

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 980
« Reply #2758 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 09:00 AM »
Hindi na matutuloy yung Aldo vs. McGregor. According to Dana White himself, it will be Mendes vs. McGregor. Cleared to fight si Aldo pero biglang nag-pull out? smh.

may link ka bro?  can't find any.  Thanks!

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked: