Author Topic: cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?  (Read 19580 times)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 04:05 AM »
Ordered online last February 28, until now status is still awaiting shipment.

Don't rely too much on their website. I know it's not accurate. Try and email their customer service. They will reply right away and send you the status of your order. ;D

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 06:19 AM »
New Update...I received a mail notification from the post office informing me to go there and pick-up my package. There is a fee of Php35.00 indicated in the postal notice. Not bad at all. From order to delivery, total turnaround time is 8 days.:o Also, the price is reasonable as well...total money shed out is Php551.00 for one R1 dvd and one R2 dvd. I will definitely order more dvd's from CD-WOW!!! ;D

I shall pick-up the dvd's on Monday and will post conditions of the dvd. I will also post pictures to share how the packaging looks when they dispatch our orders...stay tuned!!! :P

yup i for one is watching these movements! however post office pick-up lang ba talaga? wala bang door to door?
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 01:09 AM »
New Update...I received a mail notification from the post office informing me to go there and pick-up my package. There is a fee of Php35.00 indicated in the postal notice. Not bad at all. From order to delivery, total turnaround time is 8 days.:o Also, the price is reasonable as well...total money shed out is Php551.00 for one R1 dvd and one R2 dvd. I will definitely order more dvd's from CD-WOW!!! ;D

I shall pick-up the dvd's on Monday and will post conditions of the dvd. I will also post pictures to share how the packaging looks when they dispatch our orders...stay tuned!!! :P

New Update...I went to the Post Office this morning, excited pick-up my order. ;D I presented the notice and they pulled out my package. I was a little worried when I saw that the package. ??? It looked like there was just one dvd in it. The package is a white disc mailer with built-in bubble wrap. The post office personnel asked for an I.D. and made me sign at the log book. I paid the Php35.00 fee. The post office personnel informed me that he is going to open the package. I asked why, and he said that it was mandatory to do so...customs inspection purposes. I said yes, and he openned it. My hunch was right! Only one of the two dvd's I ordered was in it. :o Only the Underworld dvd was mailed.

As promised...here are photos! ;)

Front view of the mailer.

Back view of the mailer.

Front view of sealed dvd out of the mailer.

Back view of sealed dvd out of the mailer.

Front view of unsealed dvd.

Back view of unsealed dvd.

Openned dvd showing disc 1.

Openned dvd showing disc 2.

Underworld Special Extended Edition ready for viewing.  ;)

Ok...here's the twist of it all. Just as I got home from the post office, the postman arrives and hands me the second notice for my other dvd (Mr. & Mrs. Smith). Hay naku! Anyway, I shall be getting the second dvd tomorrow morning. I shall also post pictures for that...stay tuned!!! ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 01:13 AM »
The only (insignificant) drawback is that CD-WOW could not collectively mail your total order in one package because to do so is to get "noticed' - by the tariff police.

Sir Taurus was right. I thought that both my dvd's were going to be there at the post office once I picked it up...hinde pala. Like I said, when I got home from the post office, after I had claimed my first dvd, the postman arrives in our house handing me the notice for my second dvd. :P I'll be claiming this tomorrow morning. ;D

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 05:21 AM »
 ;D congrats! stickfighter! saang post office nga pala yan?

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 05:27 AM »
;D congrats! stickfighter! saang post office nga pala yan?

Sir Juric, sa Mandaluyong Post Office. :P Thanks for taking the time in viewing the progress of my order. ;) I deliberately did this step by step progress so future members of our community, who plan to order from cd-wow.com, won't have doubts.  ::) Anyway, I still have to go to the post office later to pick-up the other dvd. I shall post photos as well. ;D

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 06:03 AM »
thanks bro! i find this very helpful and informative! i know a lot of members will benefit from this, as it gives us a broader options with acquiring our favorite dvds ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 09:51 PM »
Ok...here's the twist of it all. Just as I got home from the post office, the postman arrives and hands me the second notice for my other dvd (Mr. & Mrs. Smith). Hay naku! Anyway, I shall be getting the second dvd tomorrow morning. I shall also post pictures for that...stay tuned!!! ;D

Final Update...As mentioned, I went back to the post office to claim my second dvd ordered thru cd-wow.com. Same procedure, but this time, the postal officer in-charge of customs inspection didn't even bother to open the package. I received it and left.

Please see photos below:

Front view of the mailer.

Front view of sealed dvd out of the mailer.

Front view of dvd with slip case.

Back view of dvd with slip case.

Openned dvd with inside contents.

Openned dvd ready for viewing. ;D

Overall, my experience in ordering dvd's from cd-wow.com has been very good. ;D From the time I ordered them, upto the time I received the packages, total turnaround time was 12 days (Feb. 28 to Mar. 11). The price is not bad as well. HK$100.00 x Php5.16 = Php516.00 + Php70.00 = Php586.00 for both R1 and R2 dvd's. The dvd's are in very good condition and have no damages due to shipping and handling. ;) I will surely be ordering again in the future. For everyone who plans to order in the future, may this experience be of use to you...Good luck on your future orders guys and Happy On-line Shopping!!! ;D

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Mar 27, 2008 at 05:30 AM »
bro stickfighter kamusta billing statement mo sa card? any additional fees or charges reflected? feedback naman kung yung charge stated before you purchased is also the amount charged to your card.

local card ba ang ginamit mo? pa PM nalang din, interested in ordering sa cd wow ;D

thanks!

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Mar 27, 2008 at 06:03 AM »
bro stickfighter kamusta billing statement mo sa card? any additional fees or charges reflected? feedback naman kung yung charge stated before you purchased is also the amount charged to your card.

local card ba ang ginamit mo? pa PM nalang din, interested in ordering sa cd wow ;D

thanks!

Hi Juric! :) Yup I used my Citibank credit card for the order. Unfortunately, my credit card bill has not arrived yet. ;D I am still waiting for it. As soon as I get it and see the total value charged to my card, I shall post it here. ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 at 06:04 AM by stickfighter »

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Mar 27, 2008 at 07:21 AM »
thanks! abangan ko yan ;D

Offline JoNi

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #71 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 03:37 PM »
Juric, i I may answer your question RE: credit card charges:

I bought "300" from cd-wow for HKD 89 using my credit card. Citibank billed me php 478 (or php5.3 = 1HKd). No other surcharges reflected.

However, until now I have not received my DVD.

Pertinent summary:

Feb 28, 2008 - Transaction Confirmation notice was emailed to my account
March 18, 2008 - I emailed [email protected] informing them that I did not receive my DVD
March 19, 2008 - cd-wow sent me a Dispatch Notification thru email, telling me that I should receive the package with in 7 days.
April 6, 2008 - I again emailed cd-wow telling them that I did not receive my DVD.
April 7, 2008 - I received this email from cd-wow.

Hi

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry to hear you have not received this item.

I can only assume that this item has been lost in the postal system, and I entirely understand the disappointment this inevitably causes.

Unfortunately, we have now exhausted all of our remaining stock of this item and it has now been removed from our site as we do not have any immediate plan to reintroduce it.

Therefore, I have processed a full and immediate refund, and sincerely hope that the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion will not deter you from using our service again at some point in the future.

In the event that the order arrives, we would be grateful if you could return it to the following address:

PRIME Outsourcing

(CD WOW!)

Mykinon 1

Larnaca

CYPRUS

Please remember to include a note stating your name, your order number, e-mail address and reason for return.

Sorry for the disappointment caused by this – I sincerely hope it will not deter you from visiting our site again in the near future.

Epson 3020e
Onkyo SR373
Polk Audio Speakers
Panasonic BDT 220
PS3 FAT

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Apr 10, 2008 at 09:51 AM »
thanks! abangan ko yan ;D

Sir Juric, I already got my bill from Citibank. My total order for the DVD's was HK$100.00...they billed me Php536.01. Not bad at all for 2 imported DVD's. ;D I shall be ordering some more.  :P

Hope this helped... ;D

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Apr 10, 2008 at 10:09 AM »
JoNi...sad to hear the news regarding your purchase :-[

Sir Juric, I already got my bill from Citibank. My total order for the DVD's was HK$100.00...they billed me Php536.01. Not bad at all for 2 imported DVD's. ;D I shall be ordering some more.  :P

Hope this helped... ;D

thanks bro stickfighter! try ko din to kahit isa lang muna.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Apr 11, 2008 at 05:42 AM »
thanks bro stickfighter! try ko din to kahit isa lang muna.

Best of luck bro! ;)

Offline boybi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Apr 11, 2008 at 08:12 PM »
Hmmm, all my orders with cd-wow were all sent to my house, not picked up at my local post office. Unlike Amazon, where all my purchases with them have to be picked up at the post office and I have to pay the P35.00 fee.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 12, 2008 at 03:08 AM »
Hmmm, all my orders with cd-wow were all sent to my house, not picked up at my local post office. Unlike Amazon, where all my purchases with them have to be picked up at the post office and I have to pay the P35.00 fee.

Good for you Sir Boybi...swerte mo naman!!! ;D Sana ganyan din yung next orders ko... :P

Offline JoNi

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 18, 2008 at 09:19 AM »
Finally, after 8 weeks of waiting, my DVD from cd-wow arrived. Maybe the delay was due to the provincial postal system.

Now, I have to email cd-wow to cancel the refund process.
Epson 3020e
Onkyo SR373
Polk Audio Speakers
Panasonic BDT 220
PS3 FAT

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 18, 2008 at 09:53 AM »
 ;D congrats! that's going to be a memorable dvd in your collection!