Author Topic: Gallaga & Reyes' ISANG ARAW,WALANG DIYOS (1989): love it or hate it?  (Read 5986 times)

Offline R2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Seen this movie on its cinema release; it got mixed reactions. Any feedbacks/comments,please?
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 at 03:52 PM by R2 »

Offline rse

• DVD Guru
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
saw it a long time ago but i remember liking it. i also remember some bad acting....
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM by rse »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Just sort of a tidbit......its a male person who double for Alice Dixson in this film since Alice went to the U.S. without finishing her scenes and Direk Peque nearly suffered his second heart attack. It made money at the box-office.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2009 at 12:09 PM by keating »

Offline rse

• DVD Guru
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
I just saw this in RegalFilms.com:
http://www.regalfilms.com/newshop/Philippines-Filipino-Tagalog-DVD-Movies-WAKWAK%20(ISANG%20ARAW%20WALANG%20DIYOS)-52984.html

Has anyone of you own the DVD?  How's the quality of the transfer?

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I have it on video. The quality is not good it lessen the outstanding impact of the cinematography of Eduardo Jacinto very different from the theatrical version that I saw on the theatres in 1989. This film deserves to be seen again on the big screen.

Cinema One's copy is so awesome and beautiful similar to the theatrical version. Catch it on TFC, Rse.

Offline R2

• Collector
  • Liked:
The film was too gruesome for my taste. It was trying to cash in on the popularity of those Hollywood-produced Vietnam war movies (Platoon,Full Metal Jacket,et al), but curiously featured such actors as Alice Dixson,Isabel Granada,and Joey Marquez, surely not the types you would expect in this kind of movie. Gallaga and Reyes went too far with this one. Definitely not in the league of Oro,Plata,Mata.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
Gruesome compared to Oro. Plata? How so?