Author Topic: Willie Revillame: WHY???  (Read 142992 times)

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Willie Revillame: WHY???
« Reply #180 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
The only way to get Willie Revillame off the air is by making his show lose its advertisers, since the bottom line is, that's the only thing producers and TV executives look at. These are the companies that advertise on Willing Willie. They make that monstrosity possible.

Do not patronize these companies. Do not buy their products, and be vocal about it. Spread the word. These are the people that enable Willie Revillame to be the abomination that he is on TV:

CDO Karne Norte
Pepsodent
Islander Sandals
Camella Homes -- A Vista Land Company
Cignal HD
Cebuana Lhuillier
Pau Liniment
Smart Wireless Telecom
Belo Medical Group
Oishi
Vaseline
Bench Daily Scent
Bench Wil Cologne
Wil Tower Mall
Techno Marine
Surf
UFC Ketchup
Smart C Juice Drink

Share or Copy/Repost this list and tag your friends. Avoid these products and services. Actively let these companies know you've stopped patronizing them since they sponsor Willing Willie. They make both the show and Revillame's ego possible.

LOL @ "The Abomination"... haha... love it!  ;D
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #181 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM »
What's frustrating of course the MASA still loves Willie. His album is in the Top 5 of the OPM charts.

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #182 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 11:32 AM »
DI NIYO ba isasama sa listahan si Save More ng SM ni Henry Sy? Isa pang dorobo na korporasyon yan who aids and abets with cold cash, the purveying of hopeless idiocy in our TV. Save More literally sponsored Revillame to gather exploding number of rectum-lickers who'd do anything...anything. Sayang naman ang kuryente ng plasma kung ito lang panonoorin, plasma TV consumes so much energy. Why throw money for energy expense only to seeth with rage and frustration over the nightly idiocy. A Singaporean or Hongkong national who'd be persuaded to watch our kinfolks in Revillame's show would likely leave with rueful contempt. When she gets home, she'd lose some humane civility and may spit on the face of our home-employed countrywoman. A Haitian or a Somali could beg for food on his knees because he literally is not given any choice, but a people whom a Jose Rizal loves about as worth dying for swallows indignities after indignities to hustle some cash from a two-bit showman. Paurong ang bansa ko, no chance for an evolution nor a revolution to take place. Only retrogression.....

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #183 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 12:21 PM »
First, I freaking hate Willie. But it's so sad na all of these people (esp the poor) will do anything for money. Pero ganun talaga eh, if we are in that situation sa hirap ng buhay, we will probably do it too. Its just a chain reaction starting from gov't where they just corrupt and are not doing anything to curb starvation. You see so many rugby boys and girls in taft ave up to manila city hall and the police don't even do anything about it. Again, Rich gets richer, poor gets poorer.

Imo, The dancing is the family's fault, esp. the dad. Willie's fault is his mouth and he should not have showcased it up to the point where the boy is dancing on a stage and the girls are flashing money. Parang sa mga topless bar/male dancer bar talaga. It's really bad. >:(
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2011 at 12:23 PM by Moks007 »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 09:48 PM »
Thanks for the list! Will definitely spread this around...

sir ang hirap naman neto pinagagawa niyo samin...ang sarap ng ufc eh...bagay n bagay sa fried chicken...tapos un cignal din ang gamit ko... :D
dapat cguro wag n lang panoorin un show ni willie..kaso imposible eh...dami followers talaga nun mokong n yun..

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2616
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #186 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM »
I heard CDO already pulled out.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM »
considering that i hate willie.  i read the article before watching the video.  i should have been biased against willie.

but honestly, i'd like to strangle the boy's parents.

I agree with you. a lot of indigent parents are not responsible enough to have and raise children.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #188 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 11:04 AM »
I agree with you. a lot of indigent parents are not responsible enough to have and raise children.

Tell that to the guys down at Big Talk who think that responsible parenthood means using contraceptives.

I do agree. The parents are as equally culpable for this mess. What parent, in his right mind, will teach his kid that kind of dance and think it funny or amusing? I feel the same way about those little girls who perform the "giling" moves of those scantily clad dancers in noontime shows.

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 06:48 AM »
The only way to get Willie Revillame off the air is by making his show lose its advertisers, since the bottom line is, that's the only thing producers and TV executives look at. These are the companies that advertise on Willing Willie. They make that monstrosity possible.

Do not patronize these companies. Do not buy their products, and be vocal about it. Spread the word. These are the people that enable Willie Revillame to be the abomination that he is on TV:

CDO Karne Norte
Pepsodent
Islander Sandals
Camella Homes -- A Vista Land Company
Cignal HD
Cebuana Lhuillier
Pau Liniment
Smart Wireless Telecom
Belo Medical Group
Oishi
Vaseline
Bench Daily Scent
Bench Wil Cologne
Wil Tower Mall
Techno Marine
Surf
UFC Ketchup
Smart C Juice Drink

Share or Copy/Repost this list and tag your friends. Avoid these products and services. Actively let these companies know you've stopped patronizing them since they sponsor Willing Willie. They make both the show and Revillame's ego possible.

Surprisingly, I don't buy any of the aforementioned products and will continue not to patronize them now that I know they're associated with Mr Revillame's business.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #190 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:14 AM »
something i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BEqij1N8Gs

a bit malabo yung video, but the punch line is in the audio.

goes to show the target demographic market of ww are the people who dont really care about what they teach their children.

ang mali pa ni willie, instead of setting an example and telling the parents or the kid mismo na, "wag mo na sasabihin yun ha, bad word yun" or telling the parent na "turuan mo naman anak mo ha, ng di nagkakaganon" . he was still laughing, this in turn would confuse the kid.  when one laughs, it creates a positive aura which usually associates to one being happy.  so if youre the kid who said something foul, then you see your mom laughing about it, you see an icon laughing about it, and you see the crowd laughing about it, iisipin mo you didnt do anything wrong.

so technically, the show claims to bring happiness and assistance to people. but the values and moral education it provides the viewers and followers is a big fat 0 if not negative.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #191 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:30 AM »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Online vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 974
« Reply #192 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:41 AM »
grabe talaga tong si willie.

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
Thing is, Willie's fans are just so rabidly loyal to and protective of their 'idol' that it's nigh impossible to convince them of his sheer and utter douchebaggery. Which then makes me think that - save for the poor kids that they tag long with them to the show - they deserve every ounce of disrespect and abuse that they get from the guy.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:04 AM by Prometheus75 »
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
The only way to get Willie Revillame off the air is by making his show lose its advertisers xxxxx

Spread the word. 

will definitely do this...thanks for the list.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline insomnia

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM »
ok, I saw the video.

http://www.spot.ph/the-feed/47996/willie-revillame-on-calls-for-advertisers-to-pull-out-emwilling-willieem-fans-will-boycott-their-products

It basically explains the producers take on the issue.  Why so much angst against the performer?  Comments here has gone to the point of extremely personal.  I dont know Willie nor do I care about his show but that is my personal taste.  

If I dont like the show, I switch the channel.  If other people enjoy his show, then they should watch it.  Noon time shows have been peddling their wares  to the "indigent" as long as I can remember.  The style and personalities might change but the substance has always been the same.  This is nothing new.  

what is new though is that I see a "us against them" division developing that surrounds Willie Revillame.  I believe people have a right to earn a living as long as those rights do not impinge on the rights of others.    If people dislike his show, switch the channel.  If you like it you should have the right to watch it.  
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2011 at 12:21 AM by insomnia »
i don't suffer fools gladly

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM »
ilang linggo lang makakalimutan n din to..gaya din nun ibang issue ni papa wil... ;D
di n kau nasanay...

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #197 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM »
i dont know willie personally. ive heard plenty negatives about him, pero wala naman syang nagawang masama sa akin, but then again wala din naman syang mabuting nagawa sa akin. pero i admit i enjoy watching his show (sige dahil narin siguro sa dancers nya na scantily clad). perhaps the issue on the macho dancer kid, for me personally is overboard. sobrang OA. blown out of proportion. there are lots of other issues the government institutions involved in that tirade should worry about.  for me parang nakikisawsaw lang sila sa whats hot.  2 days ago, in taft avenue cor UN ave, around 10pm, may batang nag rurugby, in the middle of the street.  asan ang mga DSWD?  asan an PNP? asan sila kung kelangan sila.

pero wag ka. mag beat ka lang ng red light (sumabay ka sa swarms of jeepney doing that), biglang may lilitaw na pulis mobile, talo pa si david blaine sa magic para huliin ka at kotongan.

bottom line.  treat tv as entertainment.  if you find him offensive, then switch channels.. (i do that kung walang ww dancers) if you think boycotting a product he endorses would matter, then by all means youre free to do so, but if you think that youre being deprived of your right to enjoy good ketchup, then by all means get the ketchup, di ka naman kukulungin dahil sinuportahan mo or di mo sinuportahan si willie.  basta do what you want and as long as di ka nakakasakit. carry on!

Off topic: masarap ba talaga yung cook and dip? wala pa akong nakikita sa shopwise e. :)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM »
sina ligot n lang paginitan nila wag na si wil....tumutulong lang naman si papa wil eh..di kagaya nila ligot...panay pasarap lang di man lang manlibre ng halo halo... ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
there are lots of other issues the government institutions involved in that tirade should worry about. 

I think it is just as important, personally, because I do believe that the fact that this a-hole is still ON THE AIR and is still freakin' popular is a symptom that something is wrong with our culture and prevailing attitudes.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM »
saka natakot pala kay balingit yun bata kaya parang umiiyak.... ;D
at least may 10 libo yun baTA..masama pinagsayaw na di pa binigyan...maraming ganyan sa mga inuman...un mga anak nila pinagsasayaw sexbomb pa nga eh....tapos wala lang,,palakpakan lang...

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #201 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM »
kung saan ang pera, doon ang pila

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 11:47 AM »
kung saan ang pera, doon ang pila

hahaha nadale mo sir! ;D

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 08:18 PM »
Willie's a major douchebag.

But isn't this really just the fallout of bad TV?  Doesn't this drink from the same well as when American Idol focuses on the bad/silly contestants during auditions? On one hand, it's condescending. On the other, that's what we watch the auditions for. Only it's not objectionable, because it's a slightly more tasteful tastelessness? And because it's Hollywood?

The parents, though, are mostly to blame. The little kid's defenseless, has no control over the situation and can't say no to his folks. And on one hand, you really want to clout them up the head. But on the other hand, are they really aware they're doing anything objectionable? Or are they doing anything objectionable at all? You're talking about people who live slightly above the poverty level. The dynamics tend to be different,whether we like it or not, and it's not far-fetched, and even likely, that these families have  a club dancer, amongst other objectionable (to us,at least) careers, for a relative.  And, taken one way, having their kid imitate a macho dancer is  . . . proper.  And is arguably no different from when our kids wear lipstick and high heels. The degree of sophistication and taste that seperates one economic class from the other is the only difference.

Still. Willie is a douchebag. And I hate when he gets into controversies like this. Because when he starts to put on his fake sincere face and apologize , that's when I really want to throttle him.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011 at 08:22 PM by X44 »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 08:59 PM »
But isn't this really just the fallout of bad TV?  Doesn't this drink from the same well as when American Idol focuses on the bad/silly contestants during auditions? On one hand, it's condescending. On the other, that's what we watch the auditions for. Only it's not objectionable, because it's a slightly more tasteful tastelessness? And because it's Hollywood?

The difference is that this involves a defenseless 6-year-old child being humiliated in front of a crowd with the host of the show + the parents/guardians egging him on. It is potentially damaging to the psyche/psychology of a child which is just developing.

While I don't completely fault the people who keep on joining these game shows, Willie Revillame has to be made aware of his responsibility to conduct himself with decorum.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 10:58 PM »
I know. And the parents should be slapped on the wrists for that. An adult willfully humiliating himself on Tv dressing up as an armadillo and singing out of tune is not the same as a 6 year old forced by his parents to humiliate himself on national TV for 10,000 bucks.

But this is TV. Live, sure. But just as the producers of American Idol can choose to edit out the contestants who potentially embarrass themselves (they don't because that's what we like) , TV5 could've easily just cut off the feed (they don't because  . . . well, if this thing didn't blow up, they probably wouldn't have thought this was wrong on any level). Same difference, if you ask me. Things like this don't have to happen, specially on a platform with as many strictures and safeguards as TV.

As for Willie, he's always been a douchebag. I'm not sure if decorum is  part of his wiring.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:03 PM by X44 »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:51 PM »
Actually, in the U.S., it is REQUIRED that any person appearing on TV must sign a waver form allowing the producers and broadcasters to show your image for their program or their image must either be blurred or edited out. It's the law. That's why any person you see embarrassing themselves on Idol are there willingly. Sometimes, they're bad on purpose to get some TV time and a bit of fame/infamy their way.  

I'm not decrying the game/variety/noon-time show type of programming that's popular among Filipinos. I'm just decrying Willie Revillame.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:53 PM by Klaus Weasley »

Offline dukesociety

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • music lovers of the world unite!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #207 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:53 PM »
i dont know willie personally. ive heard plenty negatives about him, pero wala naman syang nagawang masama sa akin, but then again wala din naman syang mabuting nagawa sa akin. pero i admit i enjoy watching his show (sige dahil narin siguro sa dancers nya na scantily clad). perhaps the issue on the macho dancer kid, for me personally is overboard. sobrang OA. blown out of proportion. there are lots of other issues the government institutions involved in that tirade should worry about.  for me parang nakikisawsaw lang sila sa whats hot.  2 days ago, in taft avenue cor UN ave, around 10pm, may batang nag rurugby, in the middle of the street.  asan ang mga DSWD?  asan an PNP? asan sila kung kelangan sila.

pero wag ka. mag beat ka lang ng red light (sumabay ka sa swarms of jeepney doing that), biglang may lilitaw na pulis mobile, talo pa si david blaine sa magic para huliin ka at kotongan.

bottom line.  treat tv as entertainment.  if you find him offensive, then switch channels.. (i do that kung walang ww dancers) if you think boycotting a product he endorses would matter, then by all means youre free to do so, but if you think that youre being deprived of your right to enjoy good ketchup, then by all means get the ketchup, di ka naman kukulungin dahil sinuportahan mo or di mo sinuportahan si willie.  basta do what you want and as long as di ka nakakasakit. carry on!

very well said, hirap sa atin madaming ipokrito (tama ba?) at moralista.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #208 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 05:37 AM »
I truly believe this is an indictment on our educational system.  The same malady that allows idiots like Lito Lapid into the Senate. 

I was rebutted once when I said the above to a friend.  She says "Kapag gutom ka, hindi makapag-isip ng tama."  I guess she has a point, too. :-\

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #209 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 05:57 AM »
sir ang hirap naman neto pinagagawa niyo samin...ang sarap ng ufc eh...bagay n bagay sa fried chicken...tapos un cignal din ang gamit ko... :D
dapat cguro wag n lang panoorin un show ni willie..kaso imposible eh...dami followers talaga nun mokong n yun..
+1
ufc rin gamit namin.  ;D
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."