Author Topic: Willie Revillame: WHY???  (Read 143090 times)

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: Willie Revillame: WHY???
« Reply #270 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
i'm not a willie fan pero may point din naman talaga siya.

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #271 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 12:41 PM »
Whatever "point" Willie may have had at the start (Janjan's parents are just as accountable, IMHO) has long been doused by the arrogance he displayed when he proceeded to THREATEN his own sponsors after they agreed to pull out their advertisements from his show.

I mean, really? Has he illusioned himself so invincible, so untouchable, that he can now openly bite the very hand that feeds him? It would serve him well to be reminded that without advertising sponsors, there'd be no revenues to his show, the production company, and ultimately the network. His viewership alone would not be enough to keep his show afloat - unless of course these viewers would gladly volunteer their own money to bankroll his airtime, production costs, and whatnot.
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #272 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 01:13 PM »
Willy thanked the sponsors of the show last night, applause was given to them, of course as prompted by Willy. But as he explained, he was saddened by the statement of some sponsors on how they view the case and why they bailed out. Of course, Willy made his rejoinder appropriately. Business is business. Cordial relationship is the key. If you stab my back, why should I scratch your back.

I agree too that what Willy is giving is the money of the sponsors. But isn't that the usual course of things in the business? But who would dispute the fact that Willy is giving his own money too in so many occasions? I agree when he said that so many of his detractors, those who are saying that he is only using the poor to buoy himself up, never even participated nor made an effort on helping the needy and the poor. What he meant in the bigger sense is when you talk, you must have the credibility and you must be in a better position than the person you are judging and condemning.

Speaking of morality in the showbiz, maybe a better question to those who are trying to strictly moralize is -

Look who is talking?

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 01:37 PM »
mag concert na lang yun mga yun puro singers halos..jim,monique,lea,aiza,agot,k brosas,tuesday...bkit puro singers yata pumupuna kay wil...bka naiinis boses ni wil pag kumakanta siya..ahahaha..tapos un kiktain nila bigay nila dun sa mga matatandang pumipila sa willing willie..hahahaha..ewan ko lang kung kaya nila gawin un...di cguro... :D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #274 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 01:39 PM »
Just almost two weeks ago, this is exactly what Revillame said on his show regarding his advertisers who he "thanked" last night:

"'Pag binoycott kami ng advertisers, 'yong mga nagmamahal sa amin, hindi bibilhin ang produktong 'yan!"

On the same diatribe, he also added:

"Bakit ba init na init kayo sa akin? Guwapong-guwapo ba kayo sa akin?

=====

Yes, go on defending someone who goes on live television during the height of a controversy involving perceived child abuse and still talks this way on air. I'm sure there are some who see your point.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #275 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
yes willie is definitely arrogant and a very bad singer but a child abuser i don't think so
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:05 PM by frequenzy »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
I agree with you, hence the term "perceived." I'm sure it wasn't intentional, just a combination of poor judgment and plain stupidity on his part. You'd expect nothing more from Revillame.

But any rational, normal, thinking human being should know that if you're accused of something as horrible as child abuse, you take the high ground and take the accusations seriously. You don't go threatening advertisers and sarcastically asking if people find you really handsome which is why they're getting on your case.  ::)

This is actually funny. Second time he issued a threat and he was called on it. First it was "Fire Jobert or I'll go!" now it's "Go ahead, I dare you to pull out your advertising from my show."

He should learn not to issue ultimatums. O kaya isa pa, para strike out na.  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2011 at 01:56 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:06 PM »
makapanood nga mamaya ng willing willie.... ;D

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:19 PM »
I think you guys nailed it. It's his bad combination of stupidity and arrogance.

And  I also agree that giving away money from sponsors might just be the usual course of business, but again, I have to say, let's not forget that he is getting a lot from the poor as well since it is his target market. He's no different from the politicians who use/help the poor to gain popularity. I just don't like how he makes it sound like he's not getting anything from it. Parating " ang gusto ko lang naman ay makatulong..."

I don't think there an issue if people who are criticizing him are helping the poor or not. Feels like he's using his "generosity" as a defense for the issue. Why not tackle it upfront and spare us the melodramatics.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #279 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:23 PM »
baka lumipat na naman ng channel si willy! next stop...IBC 13?

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:37 PM »
maganda sa channel 7... ;D

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:43 PM »
nakaklungkot lang isipin na may mga matatandang fans ang willing willie na alam naman natin na yun na lang din halos nagpapasaya sa kanila ang nalulungkot sa mga oras n to dahil sa mga pangyayari...mga matatanda na masakit man sabihin pero kailanan na lang naman ang ilalagi sa mundo... :D
sana pagbigyan na nila un show...para sa mga matatandang sumusubaybay neto..nakakaawa eh...naalala ko un lola ko tuloy.. :)

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #282 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:47 PM »

bagay na title sa sunod na show nya..(kung meron pa::) ) "Senior Citizen Wil Show" ...  :D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 02:50 PM »
co host niya si kuya germs.. ;D
at ilagay ito sa madaling araw kung kelan gising na ang mga lolo't lola....eto gising ng matatanda eh..kasi nawiwiwi... ;D

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 03:18 PM »

Regarding his tirades against advertisers, of course its a business call for Willy. Kung maiinis ang tao because of that, then mawawala na lang kusa ang popularity nya and he will be doomed. Willy does not come from the academe who can weigh things with great precision on what is right or wrong. It seems to me that he is just expressing the contents of his small mind if that is what you want to think, a thing of what you see is what you get.

Remember, there was an insinuation on the part of the advertisers which was something about moral issues involving the show which placed the show and Willy in bad light. Willy just retorted back as maybe a person without character and because he is a "barumbado" he urged his supporters not to patronize the product. I believed that to both parties these exchange of words is a part of the business call. The advertisers wanted to protect their reputation so they made the statement. Willy did that also to protect his interests. Whether or not the approach of both parties was the best for their respective business interests is a question which only tomorrow can tell.

Now I also see that Pinoys have the tendency to go for the "inaapi." I think Willy is blessed with that opportunity. His detractors would always say, "di totoo yan, lungkot at luhang buwaya lang yan," but whether that is true or not ,is out of the question - more people, especially the "isang kahig, isang tuka" sector of our society are liking him. Mga baliw, niloloko lang kayo nyan!!! you might be shouting this inside your mind, but that is the truth of it.

Maaskad si Willy. But in his show nakakatulong nga siya. Nakakatulong din ang mga business companies sa tao through him. So in this time of crises, sayang kung ma stop ito.   :)

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #285 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 03:29 PM »
You don't need education to act with tact.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 03:35 PM »
Willy is also tactless, there is no question about it. But more people may not know this.  ;)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 03:40 PM »
Regarding his tirades against advertisers, of course its a business call for Willy. Kung maiinis ang tao because of that, then mawawala na lang kusa ang popularity nya and he will be doomed. Willy does not come from the academe who can weigh things with great precision on what is right or wrong. It seems to me that he is just expressing the contents of his small mind if that is what you want to think, a thing of what you see is what you get.

Remember, there was an insinuation on the part of the advertisers which was something about moral issues involving the show which placed the show and Willy in bad light. Willy just retorted back as maybe a person without character and because he is a "barumbado" he urged his supporters not to patronize the product. I believed that to both parties these exchange of words is a part of the business call. The advertisers wanted to protect their reputation so they made the statement. Willy did that also to protect his interests. Whether or not the approach of both parties was the best for their respective business interests is a question which only tomorrow can tell.

Now I also see that Pinoys have the tendency to go for the "inaapi." I think Willy is blessed with that opportunity. His detractors would always say, "di totoo yan, lungkot at luhang buwaya lang yan," but whether that is true or not ,is out of the question - more people, especially the "isang kahig, isang tuka" sector of our society are liking him. Mga baliw, niloloko lang kayo nyan!!! you might be shouting this inside your mind, but that is the truth of it.

Maaskad si Willy. But in his show nakakatulong nga siya. Nakakatulong din ang mga business companies sa tao through him. So in this time of crises, sayang kung ma stop ito.   :)

this is so true....sayang talaga pag nawala yun show...

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #288 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 04:22 PM »
devil's adovacate lang po.

yes, he gives away money to the poor, to what? scores of them everyday?

what about the thousands that have fallen in line just to join in?  is he not teaching them to wait outside like beggars day in and day out instead of just going to work?

for the sake of argument, he has given every single person out there money, but shouldn't it be ...

"teach someone to fish instead of giving them fish"

here it seems like there's a lot of "fish" being given away but not many men becoming "fishermen"
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 04:45 PM »
mas madali kasi para sa knya ang magbigay ng pera na pede na agad pambili ng pagkain para sa kumakalam na sikmura ng mga kababayan natin salat as kabuhayan... :D

kesa turuan ang mga matatanda na wag maging tamad at magtrabaho...para naman may makukuha pang trabaho tong mga matatandang to...kaligayahan n lang hanp neto....ano b naman un bigay natin sa mga kababayan nating mga oldies ang gusto nila...mag enjoy sila ng 2 oras...araw araw...ano b naman yun....

kagaya ng lola ko..gusto niya daw makapanood ng live na show ni willie..dati pa yun sa wowowee..ayun sa tulong ng isang taga abs nakapanood lola ko...tuwang tuwa eh...kahit bwisit ako sa willie na yun..nakita ko masaya lola ko...happy na din ako.. ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #290 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 04:49 PM »
devil's adovacate lang po.

yes, he gives away money to the poor, to what? scores of them everyday?

what about the thousands that have fallen in line just to join in?  is he not teaching them to wait outside like beggars day in and day out instead of just going to work?

for the sake of argument, he has given every single person out there money, but shouldn't it be ...

"teach someone to fish instead of giving them fish"

here it seems like there's a lot of "fish" being given away but not many men becoming "fishermen"

Agree with this ..... though indirectly, Revillame preaches convenience (and luck) to the masses - come to the show & you will be provided for.

I have the belief that one of the greatest negatives about Filipinos right now is laziness ...... many Filipinos nowadays always go for the easiest route whether it be right, wrong, risky, etc. Hence we see rampant crime, prostitutes, minors working, drug-mules, etc.

OT: It's funny that I sometimes hear people support the argument that it was the Spaniards fault that many Filipinos are lazy e.g. siesta & all that s**t.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 04:51 PM »
tamad talaga pinoy...magagaling lang talaga.. :D

Offline Blondie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Man wants to be a king, to gain anything....
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 05:09 PM »
Nuong una, nagulo dahil ang ginawang contestant ay mga batang mabababa ang grades, ngayon naman batang nagsayaw ng usong sayaw...hayyy!

Siguro tama nga ang mga moralista....

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #293 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 05:30 PM »
Nuong una, nagulo dahil ang ginawang contestant ay mga batang mabababa ang grades, ngayon naman batang nagsayaw ng usong sayaw...hayyy!

Siguro tama nga ang mga moralista....

dapat maging sensitive sila sa category ng mga contestants... baka isipin ng mga bata ok pala ang mababa ang grades pweding maging TV show contestant or sayaw na 'di pa bagay sa edad nila pwede rin pala.  ??? nasaan na ba ang MTRCB ...  ::)  ::)  ::)
tapos natapat pa sa abusadong host...  >:(  :)

dati paboritong show ko ang Wowowee sa TFC pero later on nawalan na ako ng gana... kaya almost a year akong 'di nanood hanggang mawala na sya sa show at mawala na rin ang show sa airee..  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2011 at 05:37 PM by audiojunkie »
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 05:36 PM »
willie is a hopeless case..... :'(
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #295 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 10:52 PM »
Kung alam ko lang na ok pala bastusin ang kapwa tao ko, basta bigyan ko lang ng pera, masaya na ang lahat.

Siguro Wilyunaryo na rin ako  ;D

Teka... binabastos?

Sino?

Ay oo nga pala. Paano natin malalaman na binabastos at tinatanggalan na natin ang dignidad ng mahihihirap?

Hindi natin maiintindihan yan.

Kasi, sa loob-loob natin, lahat tayo may pagka-Willie Revillame. Sarap na sarap tayo pagtawanan ang mga taong kapus-palad.

Ok lang yan! Sus. Heto, P10,000 para sa iyo. Sayaw! (Tawanan ang mga manonood) Bigyan pa ito ng P5,000!!! Tuwad!!!

Ang bait bait naman ni Willy...

Ano... pinasayaw at pinatuwad yung contestant? Ok lang yun, 'kaw naman... May pera naman.

F***K HUMAN DIGNITY :)
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2011 at 10:57 PM by Dan »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #296 on: Apr 09, 2011 at 11:39 PM »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 05:58 AM »
Tweet nga ng asawa ni Ate Shawie (http://twitter.com/kikopangilinan):

Willy R threatns 2 sue those who criticizd him on Twittr. This arrogant, unrepentant&incorrigible tv host has gone 2 far&shld go. Sue me 2

;D

=====

Nice link, frootloops.  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011 at 05:59 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #298 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 08:26 AM »
OT: It's funny that I sometimes hear people support the argument that it was the Spaniards fault that many Filipinos are lazy e.g. siesta & all that s**t.

OT: Prove it.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #299 on: Apr 10, 2011 at 08:50 AM »
^ Prove what?