Author Topic: Willie Revillame: WHY???  (Read 142986 times)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
Re: Willie Revillame: WHY???
« Reply #420 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 09:11 AM »
I think this, together with the RH Bill controversy, is growing pains for the Filipinos. If things go right between these two issues, if we respond the correct way, we will grow and mature as a nation.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #421 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 06:09 PM »
Willie's lawyer is now implying that ABS CBN is the cause of the whole Jan-Jan backlash:

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/314219/abscbn-denies-involvement-willing-willie-controversy-says-accusations-meant-divert-i

I think this, together with the RH Bill controversy, is growing pains for the Filipinos. If things go right between these two issues, if we respond the correct way, we will grow and mature as a nation.

Those are big "ifs". Kahit dito sa forum makikita mo na ok lang sa ibang members na maging erotic ang isang menor de edad. What more pa sa labas? "Nakakatulong naman kasi", "Totoo lang si Willie kasi", "Naaaliw naman ang mga tao kasi", "Maganda ang WWGirls kasi", "hindi katulad ni Willie, wala ka namang ginawa kasi" "Hipokrito ang ibang tao kasi."

Parang yung kanta ni Nicole Hyala  ;D pangmasa talaga!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #422 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 05:48 PM »
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2011 at 05:53 PM by pandidoy »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #423 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM »
ano n balita dito? meron n b mamayang hapon?makapanood n ulit.. :D

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #424 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 01:44 PM »
Willie Revillame will no longer sue celebs who "attacked" him on Twitter

http://www.spot.ph/the-feed/48134/willie-revillame-to-no-longer-sue-celebs-who-attacked-him-on-twitter

(SPOT.ph) In contrast to his statement on April 8, Willie Revillame said on Friday that he will no longer sue the celebrities who "attacked" him on Twitter in connection to the Jan-Jan on Willing Willie incident, PEP.ph reports. Citing a Radyo Inquirer interview, PEP.ph adds that Revillame did not reveal why he will not pursue the suit.

He earlier singled out Tony-winning actress Lea Salonga, singers Jim Paredes, Aiza Seguerra and Leah Navarro, TV host Bianca Gonzalez, actresses Mylene Dizon and Agot Isidro, and comedians Tuesday Vargas and K Brosas as the personalities who supposedly ruined his name on Twitter.

In the Radyo Inquirer interview, Revillame thanked TV5 for supporting him in the controversy. He said the network's president Ray Espinosa told him that they support him "all the way" because they believe he was not at fault.

"Nasaan na ho ang pamilya ngayon? Ni hindi na makapagtrabaho (Where is the family now? They can't even make a living)," Revillame said, claiming Jan-Jan's father had to close his beauty parlor. "Sino nag-aalaga? Di ba ako? Kami? (Who's taking care of them now? I am. We are.)" Revillame also told Radyo Inquirer that he asked Sen. Manny Villar for a house and lot for the family.

In contrast to the allegations of child abuse that was triggered by a Willing Willie episode where the six-year-old boy cried while gyrating, Revillame said, "Wala namang malisya 'yan sa aking paningin. Kaya nagtatawanan ang lahat, hindi pinagtatawanan ang bata. Naging masaya, natuwa." ("I see no malice in what happened. The audience wasn't laughing at the boy. They were laughing because they were happy.")

Revillame also hinted that the allegations and actions against him might be related to his ongoing case against ABS-CBN, his former home network, reports PEP.ph.

Meanwhile, child psychologist Honey Carandang denied "(insinuations) by the lawyers of Revillame that (she is) part of some grand conspiracy to 'bring down' Revillame and his TV program," reports PEP.ph.  

Referring to her earlier letter that said the treatment the six-year-old boy received on Willing Willie was a form of abuse, she added, "I merely expressed an opinion as solicited by the CHR (Commission on Human Rights) and the MTRCB (Movie and Television Review and Classification Board)."

For more on this story, log on to PEP.ph.

May nagcomment pa:

vox populi
2011-04-18 13:16:47

unfortunately the poor people who support him rabidly are too blind to see the truth. they've been attacking Jim Paredes and Agot Isidro among others. saying "mga inggit", "magdasal nalang", "mga laos", "willie cares for the poor". dear poor people, you're all stupid. don't rely on others to get you out of mess. WORK HARD.

LOL.  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011 at 01:53 PM by BusyChild »
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 02:34 PM »
Sa lahat ng mga nangyari, di pa rin matuto. Hay naku. Kita-kita uli tayo sa thread na ito sa susunod na skandalo ni kups.

May gustong pumusta kung kailan? 3 months, 6 months, 1 year from now? Kailan mangyayari ang susunod na krimen ni kups?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 06:50 AM »
Willie Revillame Do they idolize him because they want to be him, or because they ARE him?

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?publicationSubCategoryId=86&articleId=677040

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 07:06 AM »
Sa lahat ng mga nangyari, di pa rin matuto. Hay naku. Kita-kita uli tayo sa thread na ito sa susunod na skandalo ni kups.

May gustong pumusta kung kailan? 3 months, 6 months, 1 year from now? Kailan mangyayari ang susunod na krimen ni kups?  ;D ;D ;D

tingin ko,,,kung bawat kilos at salita niya ay babatanyan...mga wala pang isang oras..meron n ulit... ;D
move on....

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
Paano mag move on? Parang sinabi mo na rin na masama magbantay kasi idol mo sya... Ay sorry... ang ww girls pala... ;D

Kung gusto mo mag-move on, payo ko sa idol mo, umayos na sya. Kasi kahit na anong gawin natin para hindi sya pansinin, sya mismo ang gumagawa ng paraan para bulabugin ang katahimikan.

Move on ka dyan...  :D

Pwede rin na sundin mo ang sarili mong payo. Huwag ka na mag-post sa thread na ito. Become the "better" person. Move on....  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2011 at 08:38 AM by Dan »

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM »
Willie Revillame Do they idolize him because they want to be him, or because they ARE him?

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?publicationSubCategoryId=86&articleId=677040

"...In one episode of his game show all the contestants were scavengers. First Willie Revillame asked them how much money they made from rooting in landfills. Then he asked them how many times they could afford to eat in one day. Finally he turned to the cameras and said, “That is the true state of the nation. You don’t need to watch the news to know that.”

No wonder the primetime news programs were worried. In an industry that regards ratings as the sole measure of success, ignorance is an asset convertible to cash. They have no moral authority over him. Hell, they made him."

;D

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 11:38 AM »
Paano mag move on? Parang sinabi mo na rin na masama magbantay kasi idol mo sya... Ay sorry... ang ww girls pala... ;D

Kung gusto mo mag-move on, payo ko sa idol mo, umayos na sya. Kasi kahit na anong gawin natin para hindi sya pansinin, sya mismo ang gumagawa ng paraan para bulabugin ang katahimikan.

Move on ka dyan...  :D

Pwede rin na sundin mo ang sarili mong payo. Huwag ka na mag-post sa thread na ito. Become the "better" person. Move on....  :)

sir maraming pwedng pagkaabalahan ngaun summer kesa magbantay sa ww.girls....mglinis ng bubong...maglinis ng koleksyong bluray or dvd..magswimming kasama buong pamilya... ;D

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 06:00 PM »
sir maraming pwedng pagkaabalahan ngaun summer kesa magbantay sa ww.girls....mglinis ng bubong...maglinis ng koleksyong bluray or dvd..magswimming kasama buong pamilya... ;D

Eh, sir... paano ang TV? Walang manonood? Anong klaseng summer yan kung wala si Willie? Masaya pa naman yun!  ;D

::)

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 09:16 AM »
sinabi mo pa... ;Dmasaya talaga yun willing willie!
kya nood na!
wag na magopahuli sa iba... :D

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #433 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 01:28 PM »
Here's a different take on this clown...

Willie Revillame: From the Eyes of a Beholder

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/breakingnews/breakingnews/view/20110420-332248/Willie-Revillame-From-the-Eyes-of-a-Beholder
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:23 PM »
Here's a different take on this clown...

Willie Revillame: From the Eyes of a Beholder

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/breakingnews/breakingnews/view/20110420-332248/Willie-Revillame-From-the-Eyes-of-a-Beholder

"I saw love and care on the face of Willie each time he gave away gifts and financial help. Summing up all the money that he gave out during the show, my mental computation says Willie Revillame is giving away his entire income from the show to the poor. Who among the wealthy would do this?"

Uhm, that would be the SPONSORS' money Willie is giving away, not his own.

"What will happen to the people he can help if he decides to discontinue the show? Who will have the same tender heart to take over and do the same act of kindness to his recipients? Let us not be cruel to these poor people. Let us not be judgmental on a person who, in spite of all the negative attacks he receives, continues to reach out to help."

Hopefully, they'd learn how to fend for themselves and use those interminable hours they waste lining up outside the studio to earn a decent living instead, no matter how humble and non-immediate the returns are compared to what the show regularly gives out to the contestants. And again, just to be clear, when I say 'the show', I mean the SPONSORS, NOT THE HOST.

"Is this what he gets for loving and sharing his wealth to the poor Filipino people?"

See response #1. And really, if Willie is all into spreading his generosity to the indigent community, he doesn't really need a TV show to do this now, does he? All he has to do is publicize his home address and leave his doors open 24/7 for any and everyone in need of his benevolence. And he'd be able to do all this sans the petty, needless, ill-informed scrutiny and judgement of the anti-Willie contingent - a win-win scenario for both sides. Yey!

"May he be strong enough to handle all criticisms and may he remember that even our Lord Jesus Christ was nailed on the cross by people who condemned Him."

As a lapsed Catholic for well over two decades, even I had to stop a vomit on this one.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011 at 05:08 PM by Prometheus75 »
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:32 PM »
"May he be strong enough to handle all criticisms and may he remember that even our Lord Jesus Christ was nailed on the cross by people who condemned Him."

Puuuh-leeeze. Ugh.   :P

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:40 PM »
That's the second time I've heard someone compare him to Jesus Christ. The first time was in this thread.

Here's a paragraph from that link:

"Last March 12, I had dinner with my children and grand kids. I was not able to watch the show. My granddaughter knowing how I love Willing Willie emailed me a link where I could see the dance of 6 year old Jan Jan Suan. She had a note that said “grand ma, you missed this.. ang galing galing ng bata”. I watched it and I was highly impressed with the gracefulness of the kid. I thought crying was part of his dance. Even after his performance, each time he heard the music, he would automatically dance. The kid was smart and talented. Everybody in the studio applauded and appreciated the boy."

Was she watching the same footage as the rest of the world? Or are some people really blind from the reality around them?
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:44 PM by Dan »

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #437 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:42 PM »
Gamitan lang naman ang nangyayari. Ginagamit ng mga sponsors si Willie para lumakas benta nila. Si Willie naman ginagamit niya iyung pera binibigay sa kanya. Kahit ano pa sabihin natin kay Willie masama man o hindi malakas siya humatak ng tao at iyun ang gusto ng mga sponsors. Ang tanong ko lang kung ikaw ay sponsor ni Willie at kumikita ka bibitawan mo ba siya?

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:46 PM »
^Hindi. Malakas ang hatak ni kups kaya any smart business will sponsor him no matter what. You can't gain anything by being socially and morally responsible. Pera (at ang giling ng WWGirls) lang ang dapat isipin mo.

Look at this, ito yung huling linya nung tao na nagsulat nung PDI article:

"Peace be with all of us! (Oh yes, I am using Pau for my arthritis and Glutamax on my face because of the endorsement of Willing Willie.)"

Panalo nanaman ang sponsors! How can you say no to that?
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:48 PM by Dan »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:52 PM »
Iyun na nga. Ang mundo naman natin ay umiikot sa pera kaya ang mali nagiging tama at ang tama nagiging mali.

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
Sa pagkakaalam ko sa negosyo ok lang kapal muks basta kumikita.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 02:55 PM »

Yun lang  :P

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 03:09 PM »
Bilog naman ang mundo. Hindi habang panahon nandoon siya sa tuktok.

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 05:16 PM »

True, but only to a certain extent; i.e. for as long as the sponsor does not get unnecessarily dragged into the mud  by bad publicity. Remember how then man-of-the-moment Robin Padilla was dropped like a hot potato by San Miguel Beer at the height of his bad boy days? He was promptly picked up by Lucio Tan's Beer na Beer, for which he did a TV ad with the catchphrase "Walang iwanan."

Then, a few months later, Robin gets sentenced to jail and, voila, Asia Brewery left him out to dry as well.

So I guess even money-grubbing advertisers can only stomach so much bad publicity.
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #444 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 06:38 PM »
Bilog naman ang mundo. Hindi habang panahon nandoon siya sa tuktok.

Unless he majorly fux up, he should be set for life.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #445 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 06:40 PM »
money, money,money.......................

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Apr 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM »
Saan kaya magspend ng Holy Week si kup---, este, si Mr Willie Revillame (hehehe, nakiki-"kups" na rin ako)....  ;D

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Apr 24, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
kelan b balik  ni wil? sna bukas na..miss n miss na siya ng mga libo libo niyang followers...
ako naman, miss n miss ko na nagtatalbugang..ww.girls...

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Apr 24, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
Sama mo na rin si Ma'am Shalani. Nakaka-miss din  ;D

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict