Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 406730 times)

Offline manholed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #570 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 07:13 PM »
Noob question po. paano ko mapalabas yung 5.1 sound sa audio? Im using RCA now, do i need to use optical? my HT is samsung Ht250 ata yun no HDMI in. Meron lang syang RCA and optical in.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #571 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 07:36 PM »
Noob question po. paano ko mapalabas yung 5.1 sound sa audio? Im using RCA now, do i need to use optical? my HT is samsung Ht250 ata yun no HDMI in. Meron lang syang RCA and optical in.

just connect the hdmi from the xtreamer directly to the flat panel, this will handle the video, as for the audio, yes, you can use the optical input of the samsung then connected to the xtreamer's optical output. you should get 5.1 audio, as long as your video files are encoded with surround sound.

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 02:51 AM »
just connect the hdmi from the xtreamer directly to the flat panel, this will handle the video, as for the audio, yes, you can use the optical input of the samsung then connected to the xtreamer's optical output. you should get 5.1 audio, as long as your video files are encoded with surround sound.

That is how I set my Xtreamer up as well, HDMI for video and the Optical  for the audio. I don't think you are enjoying the full potential of your Xtreamer if you are only using the RCA jacks, assuming of course you are using an HD capable TV/Monitor. If your TV/Monitor has no HDMI port, use the yellow RCA port only, don't bother connecting the Red the White ones since you will be using the optical audio port to get 5.1 audio. If you get an echo during play back, check to make sure you have turned off the speakers of the TV.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 07:46 PM »
sir, how's the xtreamer performance with audio? is it at least near with dedicated cd player? before, im inclining to get oppo mv-980h as it is said to be best of both worlds but now media player is coming into my mind  :) any input?

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #574 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 07:55 PM »
Got my unit this afternoon, through the kindness of sir Eric (Bitstream).  I immediately went to CDR-King to purchase their HDD Docking Station.  P580 lang, eSata and USB2, and works well with the Xtreamer and my 1Tb drive.

Right after hooking up the Xtreamer to my LCD, I immediately flashed it with the newly released firmware version 2.1.  I used to own the Mediagate MG-350HD and eGreat 31b, and I'm liking the Xtreamer more (so far).

HD viewing marathon this weekend!
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM by paolorenzo »

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #575 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 09:16 PM »
i agree, i also own a MediaGate, eGreat, WD TV, HD Pro and PopCorn hour
This is the best compare to what i used before so far

What's new in the firmware 2.1" Will try to download the new firmware
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #576 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM »
guys,

be cautious in upgrading to 2.1.  There is an issue with decoding mp3/aac (not just music files, but also movies whose audio is encoded with mp3 or aac).  My tv series collection suddenly lost sound.  This is only true if you set digital audio output to 5.1; if ouput is set to 2 channel, there is no problem.

i am disappointed with this release though.  going back to 2.0.2.  I hope this gets sorted out soon

Offline SpoonEK9

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #577 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 02:52 AM »
guys,

be cautious in upgrading to 2.1.  There is an issue with decoding mp3/aac (not just music files, but also movies whose audio is encoded with mp3 or aac).  My tv series collection suddenly lost sound.  This is only true if you set digital audio output to 5.1; if ouput is set to 2 channel, there is no problem.

i am disappointed with this release though.  going back to 2.0.2.  I hope this gets sorted out soon

also experienced this with my AVIs and MP4s

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #578 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 07:13 AM »
Installed firmware 2.1 and it solved my problem of the files in the drives not being accessible on my mac!  ;D

One thing I noticed though is the remaining space available that's shown is the aggregate free space of ALL drives (both internal and external), even when I drill down into the individual drives (instead of the remaining space on that drive only). Still it's great the xtreamer is now acccessible thru my mac.  ;D

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Don't upgrad to FW Ver. 2.1
« Reply #579 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 09:47 AM »
guys,

Hello everybody,

A major bug seems to have slipped through at the last minute.  If you have a 5.1 surround sound system, you should consider holding off on updating your firmware for now.

Xtreamer is working on solving these issues; pls keep an eye out for a patch to Ver. 2.1.

Offline Hellboy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #580 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM »
noob question. is this capable of slow motion or frame by frame? ty

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 02:20 PM »
Mga Sir,

Patulong lang po. Meron din akong Xtreamer, gusto ko lang malaman kung ang ilang USB drives ang nakakabit sa XT nyo?

Kasi try ko na magkabit ng 2 USB DRIVES (WD -NTFS FORMATTED) pero isa lang ang nare recognize. Napansin ko lang na ang left USB port ko (looking at the back) ayaw mag accept ng NTFS. So ang set up ko, Isang 1TB NTFS drive sa Right USB then isang 500GB FAT32 drive.

Hindi po ba nag aaccept ng NTFS ang left USB port ng NTFS? Hirap kasi sa FAT32 ay may size limitations, kaya mostly ng 1080p content ko ay nasa 1TB ko which is almost filled up.

thx,
MaCMeL
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 03:34 PM »
Sir Macmel pm'd u :)

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 05:13 PM »
keema,

Would you know anyone who is interested in buying the Xtreamer. We might be able to arrange a group buy (Dubai l Abu Dhabi version ;) and see if we can get a better pricing.

Regards,
MaCMeL
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2009 at 05:14 PM by macmel »
MaCMeL

Offline number1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 09:35 PM »
bit-tech reviews Xtreamer network media player

Conclusion
While a more capable product on paper than the WDTV Live, the reality is that the Xtreamer is an inferior device where it counts the most – performance when playing a wide range of media formats. It’s all well and good offering support for every codec under the sun and an internal drive mount, but if the chipset at the heart of the device can’t cope with those files, then it’s not much use. While the 2.5in drive mount and ability to work as a networked storage device are very welcome, they shouldn’t have come at the sacrifice of being able to play every file that can be thrown at the Xtreamer. We should say that SD and 720p content did play flawlessly, however.

The main problem was with 1080p content, and we tried numerous high bit-rate videos only to find the Xtreamer stuttered or pixelated during playback, or just simply failed to play the file. The Western Digital WDTV Live played the same high bit-rate files without issue. We also found the interface of the Xstreamer to be confusing and irritating.

As such, the Xtreamer is a capable, but ultimately flawed media streamer, and while the WDTV Live packs less features on paper, it’s the far stronger candidate for your media playing needs thanks to superior playback abilities and a cleaner, easier to navigate interface.

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 02:05 AM »
hmmmm...strange...  ??? ano kayang 1080p files ang ginamit ng bit-tech when they tested the Xtreamer. so far, my 1080p files(bitrate=10Mbps-14.9Mbps) are playing smoothly.  
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 at 02:14 AM by keeper »
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline keema

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM »
hmmmm...strange...  ??? ano kayang 1080p files ang ginamit ng bit-tech when they tested the Xtreamer. so far, my 1080p files(bitrate=10Mbps-14.9Mbps) are playing smoothly.  
i think ung 60Mbps bitrate.

Offline kamote02

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 04:40 PM »
Hmmm, I'm contented with Xtreamer so far di pixelated yung 1080p na pinapanood ko. Kung masyadong maataas yung bitrate masyadong malaki yung size nung file. malamang di ko na download yun.

Yung sinasabing medyo flat daw yung sound and yung dialog masyadong quiet, I think nasa capability na yan ng audio/video receiver na gamit and matching speakers. I'm using pure audio on my receiver for 5.1 sounds coming from the Xtreamer. Yun yung nakita kong flaw nung review dapat he mention yung base HT setup nya. Baka PC speakers lang gamit nya or TV speakers lang talagang inferior yung sounds compared sa mga HT setup with AV receivers (onkyo, harman, marrantz, etc...) and loud speakers (B&W, wharfes, polks, duevels, etc..)

Just my thoughts...

bit-tech reviews Xtreamer network media player

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 04:56 PM »
The reviewer wrote 60MB/sec and 30MB/sec MKV 1080p.   WHAT????????????????  

Anyone seen anything close to these numbers in MKV containers?

Ref tech info of some pure BD files

Transfo 2:  43Mbps
Terminator Salvation:  20Mbps
District 9:   32Mbps
Up:  36Mbps

Please note the difference in unit  (Mbps vs MB/sec)

So what kind of signal did the reviewer test with?
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 at 05:13 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #589 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 07:13 PM »
defective yata unit ng nag-review :)

pati yung fan maingay daw, i've tried setting it on fast rotation at hindi pa rin audible from the viewing area ... re. 1080p files, even the Eureka files were working flawlessly

Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 07:30 PM »

o baka bias lang talaga sya towards WDTV. ;D ;D ;D
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #591 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 08:51 PM »

Then again, maybe not.  ;D Baka natiyempuhan din that his file collection has a bit more files with problems on the xtreamer than the live--like mine. Ni-report ko na nga kay bitstream ang media info data of those files for the xtreamer guys to study.   :)

pati yung fan maingay daw, i've tried setting it on fast rotation at hindi pa rin audible from the viewing area ... re. 1080p files, even the Eureka files were working flawlessly

Yun fan ko din maingay actually, but ONLY on startup. After around 30 seconds, it quiets down so I have no complaints there.  :)

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #592 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 09:39 AM »
Not to bash Xtreamer, I have a number of 720 & 1080 files that is problematic on it.

and even divx/xvid files too!

peace... ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009 at 09:41 AM by Tempter »
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #593 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 01:10 PM »
Not to bash Xtreamer, I have a number of 720 & 1080 files that is problematic on it.
and even divx/xvid files too!

And they work on the PC right?

Ako ang observation ko recently, mas problematic yata talaga ang divx/xvid/avi than mkv. Hindi lang siguro pinapansin dati kasi you have like at least 10 other alternative files, or, the IQ is blurry in the first place.   ;D    Mas mabigat pa minsan ang avi na SDTV kesa sa 1080p mkv.    ;D

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #594 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 04:26 PM »
Yun fan ko din maingay actually, but ONLY on startup. After around 30 seconds, it quiets down so I have no complaints there.  :)

Same here! Mine is sounding exactly like yours! So far my 4TB collections plays like a breeze! :D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 07:27 PM »
2.1.1 Update is out. Bug fixes  for the 2.1FW released earlier

Link: http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/Xtreamer_2.1.1.zip

Xtreamer 2.1.1 Firmware Release

Download it here:
http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/Xtreamer_2.1.1.zip

Emergency for the same, just in case. Link below;
http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer/Emergency211.zip

Xtreamer 2.1.1 release notes(from 2.1)

To upgrade the firmware from a 2** version please:

1. Download the file.
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory).
3. Copy your file to a USB memory stick and use the USB host port on your Xtreamer.
3. Turn on your Xtreamer and navigate to the SETTINGS menu of your Xtreamer.
4. Find and select the FIRMWARE UPGRADE option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer containing the firmware update file.

PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend to upgrade the firmware via your network shared folders, as a loss in connection to the network could cause a break in the firmware upgrade process.

7. Once you have located the file, highlight the file and press ENTER on your remote to begin the upgrade process.
8. The Xtreamer will reboot and the process will be done in matter of few minutes. Once done the Xtreamer will reboot itself.
9. After the process is finished, you may want to do a RESTORE DEFAULT in the SETTINGS menu.

** CAUTION: DO NOT POWER-OFF THE XTREAMER DURING THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCESS **

Bug fixed:

1. When pass-through option is selected, Mp3 playback with optical output doesn't work. Fixed.

2. Black screen appears on some TVs in HDMI 1080P output mode. Fixed.

3. Hebrew MKV embedded subtitles are not shown in order. Fixed.

- Select Hebrew in “Subtitle/ID3tag”

4. NAS mode cannot be started from Web UI. Fixed.

5. Can’t see folder for Music/Photos/Movies tabs from Favorites menu. Fixed.

6. Zoom Settings are not saved correctly. Fixed.

7. “Add to Favorites” removed from “FUNC” menu for “Media Library->Net”.

8. “Add to Favorites” removed from “FUNC” menu for “Media Library->Network Shares”.

- Folders can be added to favorites

9. In “Favorites” menu thumbnail don’t work in “Photo” tab. Fixed.
MaCMeL

Offline keema

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #596 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 07:34 PM »
Sir Macmel musta? :)

did you fix your problem regarding the other usb port on your Xtreamer?

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 07:38 PM »
Sir Macmel musta? :)

did you fix your problem regarding the other usb port on your Xtreamer?

Not sure if it is really a problem as no one in the forum confirmed that the left USB port would work with an NTFS formatted USB HDD. But I confirmed that it does work with a FAT32 HDD. Anyway, I got a 7 USB HUB plugged in the right USB port, so just in case I need more room I still have 6 ports free on the HUB. And I'll be using the left port on the Xtreamer to connect the wireless as I am going to collect my WiFi adapter this Thursday.

Cheers...
MaCMeL
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009 at 07:55 PM by macmel »
MaCMeL

Offline stan1196

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #598 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 07:43 PM »
hi bitstream, pls send me a pm re - price of xtreamer media player. tia.
Aiyima Rotel CD11 Tribute Focal Chora 806 QED XT125

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #599 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 08:01 PM »
2.1.1 Update is out. Bug fixes  for the 2.1FW released earlier

Nice.  Thanks macmel.  Will install the patched firmware tonight.

Sana dumating na yung wifi-N USB antenna ni sir Eric!  Nasa airport na daw eh.  Napabili tuloy ako agad ng N-router kay berdilot.   ;D